The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Third letter of request sent by SY to Portugal - Tempo of Madeleine inquiry moving forward

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Third letter of request sent by SY to Portugal - Tempo of Madeleine inquiry moving forward

Post by tasprin on 13.02.14 16:19

Herald Scotland

Madeleine McCann detectives send third letter of request to Portuguese authorities

Thursday 13 February 2014

British prosecutors have sent a third international letter of request to Portuguese authorities on behalf of detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Scotland Yard stressed that the document, sent on Friday, was a routine part of their inquiry but would not reveal what the letter said.

The communications are used to ask the Portuguese police to carry out certain pieces of work on the British force's behalf.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Martin Hewitt said that so far no requests to carry out interviews or arrests had been made.

He said: "We sent a further detailed letter of request which went out from the CPS on Friday.

"This is part of an ongoing process.

"The way this investigation is working at the moment is we are using that process, letters of request, and they are now going to be going out routinely."

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood has travelled to Portugal again this week for a routine meeting with investigators there.

Mr Hewitt added: "Clearly the investigative tempo is moving forward as we're progressing the investigation and the work that we're asking the Portuguese to undertake for us.

"We're carrying on our liaison at all levels."

Madeleine, who was then nearly four, disappeared from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3 2007 as her parents dined at a nearby restaurant with friends.

British detectives launched a fresh investigation into the youngster's disappearance in July last year - two years into a review of the case - and made renewed appeals on television in the UK, the Netherlands and Germany.

After shelving their inquiry into Madeleine's disappearance in 2008, Portuguese authorities said last October that a review had uncovered enough new information to justify reopening it.
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/madeleine-mccann-detectives-send-third-letter-of-request-to-portuguese-authorities.1392306410

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Third letter of request sent by SY to Portugal - Tempo of Madeleine inquiry moving forward

Post by Guest on 13.02.14 16:25

@mysterion wrote:I wonder if CM is about to move on to "make preparations for his election campaign". Didn`t Esther McVey do something similar.

I did wonder if Clarrie had seen the writing on the wall when he decided to head for Politics. You know what they say, when the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 13.02.14 16:28

He can run, but I earnestly hope he can't hide.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 13.02.14 16:30

I ain't 'avin nun of it, innit?

Showz me the piccies of the Mets 'Reservoir Dogs' strolling to the Pizzeria, then i mites believes ya, geddit?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitchen on 13.02.14 16:32

I agree with your summary and I agree that one looks increasingly likely; so my feeling is today moves us more towards proper investigation and a little bit further away from whitewash. Fingers crossed. 
@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
@kitchen wrote:We tend to focus on Scotland Yard making requests but just as likely that they are delivering information to the Portugees as well. I saw a comment on here a few days ago bemoaning the fact that Scotland Yard did not rubbish the Mitchell  sourced stories; they seem to have done that today. Do we have a mole? Is it me? Lol

Yes good point.

There were three possibilities:

1. CM (and the McCanns) are working against Operation Grange.
2. CM (and the McCanns) are filling the media with rubbish with Operation Grange's blessing.
3. SY are leaking stuff to the press.

So, if today's press release looks like it rules out options 2 and 3, what does that say about the investigation and where it's heading?
kitchen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 13.02.14 16:38

@marconi wrote:tempo moving fowards : does it mean that it is going faster?
who can answer me this question, please?

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitchen on 13.02.14 16:44

@marconi wrote:
It has a very particular musical meaning which someone more knowledgeable than me could explain but in the context it has been used on this occasion I think most people would understand it to mean gathering pace or moving with greater speed.
kitchen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 13.02.14 16:46

marconi wrote:
tempo moving foward : does it mean that it is going faster?
---------------------------------------------------
tempo "moving forward"?

As opposed to what?

tempo "moving backward"?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 13.02.14 16:48

@marconi wrote:
The rate or pace is moving forward.

Just means they're moving, doing work, not stopped, I guess.

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 13.02.14 16:56

@kitchen wrote:
@marconi wrote:
It has a very particular musical meaning which someone more knowledgeable than me could explain but in the context it has been used on this occasion I think most people would understand it to mean gathering pace or moving with greater speed.

thank you, kitchen. I will promote you to dining-room.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 13.02.14 16:57

@Seek truth wrote:
@marconi wrote:
The rate or pace is moving forward.

Just means they're moving, doing work, not stopped, I guess.

Thank you, seek truth. It is good news.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on 13.02.14 17:01

I just hope the twins are being watched carefully.

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 13.02.14 17:07

Of course, all the recent spin from CM could just have been to drum up a few more donations. I find that unlikely though - surely anyone who ever wanted to donate already has, and the fact that an official investigation is underway must make people think there's no point anyway.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Watching on 13.02.14 17:10

Hello,

To 'up-tempo' in musical terms to increase the beat.  Presumably that is what is meant by this report, that the pace of the investigation has been upped

To be noted - Unlike recent nonsense press reports, the 'A' word was not to be seen.  The 'D' word (Disappearance) was used in reference to Madeleine being missing.

Watching

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitchen on 13.02.14 17:11

@Tangled Web wrote:I just hope the twins are being watched carefully.
Very important point
kitchen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.02.14 17:27

@Cristobell wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
Met officers have been to Portugal more than 20 times in the past 18 months.
21 times, 22, 25 ?
Take a few weeks off for summer hold and Yuletide, and they are visiting one every three weeks.
This is a LOT of money and a LOT of Police time.
It must be sanctioned and signed off at a high level for both those reasons, with questions asked by the Finance department as well as the police Command structure
So something must be going on.

And if no arrests are being made of gypsies, OC employees, burglars, van drivers, disaffected cleaners, locksmiths,  or the mortuaries being searched for likely dead people
and we then add the visit by senior CPS people last year, we may tentatively begin to think that they are looking at some other possibility.

Indeed Peter.  And I wonder if they are delivering stuff to the PJ, rather than collecting stuff for themselves?
That was obvious; just look at the pics of the 4-some with those files in their hands: clearly all the same white & cut -> copies
Originals would differ in size and colouring

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi on 13.02.14 18:27

I wonder if the upped tempo is now too much for Kate to cope with. Didn't she say she wished things would slow down more in her Christmas message? Perhaps she had an idea of what was coming?

nglfi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.02.14 18:30

@marconi wrote:
In physics, an object travels at a constant speed (velocity) unless it is acted on by a force. The rate of acceleration is determined by how hard that shove is and how quickly the velocity therefore increases in relation to time.

The equation for this is:

Acceleration =Velocity/Time.

I.e., The rate of acceleration increases as the speed (velocity) increases relative to the time taken. So for the speed to increase the object must undergo a bloody big shove and will pass the 'finish line' in a shorter amount of time.

"Increasing the tempo" or, put another way, the rate of "tempo moving forward" means acceleration is happening. With luck, things are moving faster and a conclusion will be reached more quickly. Quite unequivocal!  At least, that's my interpretation of his words. big grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.02.14 18:33

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton · 5 mins
Met cops send third letter of request for Portuguese police assistance with inquiries in Madeleine #McCann investigation

Met police focused on theory Madeleine #McCann was snatched by burglars

big grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by kitchen on 13.02.14 18:44

I would guess that Mr Lawton is worried that he will have no quotes from CM to offer his editor if he does not stick to the TM 'script'. Interesting blog by Guido today about just how 'real' sources are sometimes http://order-order.com/2014/02/13/robinsons-lobby-colleagues-fed-up-with-him-lifting-stories/
candyfloss wrote:Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton  · 5 mins  
Met cops send third letter of request for Portuguese police assistance with inquiries in Madeleine #McCann investigation

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton  · 5 mins  

big grin 
kitchen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 13.02.14 18:48

wonder where he got this from.

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 13.02.14 19:22

candyfloss wrote:
Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton  · 5 mins  
 big grin 

No 'according to sources', a straight out statement of fact from Mr Lawton.

I hope every one of these people are held to account for the things they've written.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 13.02.14 19:26

Not much confidence inspired if they think a "tempo" can "move forward"...

My view is that the tempo is required to keep going forward until at least the 2015 general election. The last thing they want is anyone querying what the f*** has been going on!

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrincha on 13.02.14 19:31

Hello Peter Mac – ever since I started here I have read all your posts with great interest. I’ve enjoyed & laughed at a lot of them (especially about your change of avatar, or whatever they’re called…), and always pay attention to them because of your professional experience. If it’s not too much to ask, I ask, with all sincerity: what do you think SY are really up to?

Garrincha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 13.02.14 19:42

@jeanmonroe wrote:
Justin Davenport, Crime Editor
Published: 13 February 2014

Detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have issued a new request for help to the Portuguese authorities.

The development came as a senior Scotland Yard officer said the “tempo” of the inquiry into the missing toddler was “moving forward.”
Are we expected to get excited about this?

They have sent a 'letter of request' to someone.

Well, I did a letter of request the other day. I do quite a few of those every year to all sorts of people.

We wait several weeks, and then there is breaking news:

"We've sent a letter of request".

"We've sent a second letter of request"

And now:

"We've sent a third letter of request".

If this investigation really is 'moving forward rapidly' etc., do we actually need to be told this?

And what's happened to the other two 'letters of request', anyway?

Do we know?

This third letter of request might even be a repeat of a previous one.

"Please may we have a reply to our letter of request sent x weeks ago".

That would qualify as a 'new letter of request'!

Some got hopeful and even excited when it was leaked that senior CPS lawyer Alison Saunders - who blundered badly in the Hlilsborough disaster and is our new Director of Public Prosections - was reported as having gone over to Portugal with another senior colleague, apparently to discuss the Madeleine McCann case.

That was over a year ago.

Nothing has happened.

In the past few months, we've had the CrimeWatch McCann show, which it would be very hard to rate as a genuine new appeal for information. Co-ordinated closely for over six months, at a cost of £1 million-plus for the BBC, it seemed to be all about public perception, once again.

And both the timing of that programme, and the subsequent follow-up, seemed suspiciously linked to the progress of the McCann-Amaral libel trial in Lisbon - not far off - like a London show - from entering its sixth year of production.

Then we have had a veritable succession of mostly absurd tabloid stories about the unlikeliest of suspects - dozens of them all told.

Each one of these stories could only be one of these two things.

Either (a) deliberate, authorised leaks by Scotland Yard, or

(b) outright fabrications (whether by sources unknown, or the press themselves).  

(I think the former, by the way).

I'm not in the least impressed with anyone in the Met, whether he's a Deputy Assistant Vice-Commissioner, or whatever he is, taking up valuable newspaper space to tell us he's sent a bit of paper to Portugal

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum