The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Madeleine cop son 'nicked'

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Madeleine cop son 'nicked'

Post by comperedna on Thu 23 Jan 2014 - 15:56

Nobody is responsible for the illegal activities of their adult children. This looks like an attempt to smear Operation Grange by association. I wonder who might want to do that?

comperedna

Posts : 699
Reputation : 53
Join date : 2012-10-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine cop son 'nicked'

Post by margaret on Thu 23 Jan 2014 - 15:57

I've seen a couple of comments about smearing SY but I don't see any evidence this is a smear originating from the Mccanns. More likely the boys local paper picked it up and knew who his father was.
avatar
margaret

Posts : 585
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine cop son 'nicked'

Post by Guest on Thu 23 Jan 2014 - 15:59

@margaret wrote:I've seen a couple of comments about smearing SY but I don't see any evidence this is a smear originating from the Mccanns.  More likely the boys local paper picked it up and knew who his father was.

Ironically his "crime" seems to be reporting the facts of an event that is taking place in public. In other words he has been charged with TELLING THE TRUTH.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine cop son 'nicked'

Post by comperedna on Thu 23 Jan 2014 - 16:00

Yes, Margaret. That could be it... a simpler and less contentious explanation. Black mark to me for jumping to conclusions. This forum has a lot of sensible posters!

comperedna

Posts : 699
Reputation : 53
Join date : 2012-10-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine cop son 'nicked'

Post by margaret on Thu 23 Jan 2014 - 16:05

comperedna5 wrote:Yes, Margaret. That could be it... a simpler and less contentious explanation. Black mark to me for jumping to conclusions. This forum has a lot of sensible posters!

Don't be daft, no black marks.  roses  In fact it was russiandoll in the second post where l read it first, but as l said since there no evidence for it, l didn't want the thread veering off - though l know we're mostly sensible!

If of course this becomes more regular then l would think it odd...
avatar
margaret

Posts : 585
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine cop son 'nicked'

Post by jeanmonroe on Thu 23 Jan 2014 - 16:07

Woofer
We are the single point of contact in the UK for all information in this case.

Oh really, that`s not what the McCanns say.
--------------------------------------------------------

Operation Grange sooooooo busy chasing their tails and 'suggestions' from McCann 'sources' that they have had to 'sub contract/outsource' part of their investigation to a cottage in Cheshire!

I mean, lets face it, there are ONLY 38 solely dedicated full time McCann Cops!

And they have ONLY had 2 YEARS 6 months to come up with nothing!

Give them time!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5815
Reputation : 1657
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine cop son 'nicked'

Post by PeterMac on Thu 23 Jan 2014 - 16:41

Clay Regazzoni wrote:I honestly have absolutely no idea what crime this guy is supposed to have committed.

Who remembers that wonderful film "The Sting" with Redwood Redford and Shaw
and the Scott Joplin music.
It looks as it this is the same thing, exploiting a time delay.
Whether it is illegal to do so I am not qualified to say.

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 162
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine cop son 'nicked'

Post by Guest on Thu 23 Jan 2014 - 17:26

@Janetta wrote:Latest DM headline.  "Maddy Murder Detective"

Thank you Janetta, the subject already discussed here on this thread so have merged your thread with this one.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine cop son 'nicked'

Post by mysterion on Thu 23 Jan 2014 - 17:36

TM will be absolutely furious about that headline. May be saying something about the way MSM is thinking.

mysterion

Posts : 359
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine cop son 'nicked'

Post by Guest on Thu 23 Jan 2014 - 17:36

@PeterMac wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:I honestly have absolutely no idea what crime this guy is supposed to have committed.

Who remembers that wonderful film "The Sting" with Redwood  Redford and Shaw
and the Scott Joplin music.
It looks as it this is the same thing, exploiting a time delay.
Whether it is illegal to do so I am not qualified to say.
***
"The Sting" [with also blue-eyed Paul Newman]! And "Sleuth" with Lawrence Olivier and Michael Caine  Mrs 
Films to see over and over again.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine cop son 'nicked'

Post by ultimaThule on Thu 23 Jan 2014 - 22:25

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Scroll down to see how the Mail have thoughtfully placed an article with headline 'Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine McCann case etc' next to that of 'Son, 22, of Madeleine McCann murder detective etc' for ease of reading.  laughat

I wonder if other tabloids will follow suit?  big grin
avatar
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine cop son 'nicked'

Post by Who?What?Where? on Thu 23 Jan 2014 - 23:48

I think that what you may be seeing with the mccann's, and the people who surround them, is an attempt to get to the top of the pyramid.

They do not seem, to have even considered, whether that pyramid even had a solid foundation, in the first place.

They do not seem to care, about what damage they may do, or may have done, to other people, in their attempt's to get there.

They are all dazzled, by their moment in the spotlight, without realising, that this is just a moment in time and that they are irrelevant in the overall scheme of things. 

Flawed thinking, in my opinion. Definitely, not worthy of the term "professional" and certainly not worthy of vast wealth..

The lack of humility, that is clearly on display, is truly awful.

Who?What?Where?

Posts : 187
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine cop son 'nicked'

Post by debs on Fri 24 Jan 2014 - 8:37

I dont see how this is a crime anyway, many sporting events in the UK have special rooms or areas where people can bet on the event they are watching and rip off those at home who are watching TV on a delayed satellite signal. This is crucial if it is, say, a penalty in a football match or a wicket in cricket because those few seconds make all the difference. They arent betting with bookmakers but with other gamblers on internet 'betting exchanges'. If this guy has committed a crime, there are going to be a lot more people in trouble including the organisers of the sporting events who charge them extra to use these special rooms

debs

Posts : 28
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine cop son 'nicked'

Post by Guest on Fri 24 Jan 2014 - 9:19

@debs wrote:I dont see how this is a crime anyway, many sporting events in the UK have special rooms or areas where people can bet on the event they are watching and rip off those at home who are watching TV on a delayed satellite signal. This is crucial if it is, say, a penalty in a football match or a wicket in cricket because those few seconds make all the difference. They arent betting with bookmakers but with other gamblers on internet 'betting exchanges'. If this guy has committed a crime, there are going to be a lot more people in trouble including the organisers of the sporting events who charge them extra to use these special rooms

Not to mention that anybody on this very forum who has a pension or other investments had doubtless benefited from "high frequency trading" which is essentially the same thing, only legal.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine cop son 'nicked'

Post by Guest on Fri 24 Jan 2014 - 11:25

So, essentially, there is someone out there who thought it was a good idea to impress upon the British public that what goes on at AR/SY is a MURDER inquiry; not, say, a paper review

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine cop son 'nicked'

Post by ultimaThule on Sun 26 Jan 2014 - 3:22

Clicking on the link below won't reveal anything new, but the juxtaposition of these particular stories gives rise to suspicion that there are other minds amusing themselves with thoughts of the lord and lady of Rothley Towers spitting feathers:

Search For 'madeleine mccann' | Page 1 | Daily Express
www.express.co.uk/search/madeleine+mccann?s=madeleine+mccann
486 results - Today's top stories include new developments in the Madeleine McCann case, a pensioner tells how she was conned out of £200,00 and a new test ...
avatar
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine cop son 'nicked'

Post by canada12 on Sun 26 Jan 2014 - 4:40

@Portia wrote:So, essentially, there is someone out there who thought it was a good idea to impress upon the British public that what goes on at AR/SY is a MURDER inquiry; not, say, a paper review


I think the inclusion of the word "murder" is a deliberate one by the editors of the newspapers and is a very subtle way of letting the McCanns know how they really feel about this investigation. And perhaps have, all along.

Otherwise we'd be seeing big headlines about how outraged Kate and Gerry are by any suggestion that MURDER cops are investigating their child's disappearance.

canada12

Posts : 1461
Reputation : 199
Join date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum