The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Things TM have said nonchalantly - for what purpose?

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Things TM have said nonchalantly - for what purpose?

Post by Guest on 21.01.14 16:48

@MissesWillYa wrote:"They've taken her!"

In the same vein, "She can't be there, she can't be there".

Back to top Go down

Post by MissesWillYa on 21.01.14 16:49

comperedna5 wrote:That Madeleine liked reading Harry Potter books.

Don't forget those talented chanteuses, the Pussycat Dolls.
MissesWillYa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers on 21.01.14 16:58

The whole of the 'bewk' was a revisionist exercise.
roy rovers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet on 21.01.14 17:29

That tea stain.
The attack by dogs when Kate was running - linked to the rarely mentioned bloody footprint?
The discovery of the drunk in the road and taking him to his apartment.
The broken shutters "typical Gerry" and washing machine call-out.
That Madeleine was lying in the "recovery position" when Gerry admired her (article by David aJames Smith I think).

juliet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

An answer to the original question?

Post by justathought on 21.01.14 17:43

Many examples given. But going back to the original question-"for what purpose"?
I think an answer and a term that could be used is that they are "precautionary acts" i.e. designed to mislead authorities and/or redirect an investigation?
The secret would seem to be teasing out exactly which "precautionary acts" are true, half-truths or complete falsehoods. As someone using the tactic, might use all three variations. To complicate matters, in an attempt to make an investigation far more difficult to solve?

justathought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissesWillYa on 21.01.14 17:57

@justathought wrote:Many examples given. But going back to the original question-"for what purpose"?
I think an answer and a term that could be used is that they are "precautionary acts" i.e. designed to mislead authorities and/or redirect an investigation?
The secret would seem to be teasing out exactly which "precautionary acts" are true, half-truths or complete falsehoods. As someone using the tactic, might use all three variations. To complicate matters, in an attempt to make an investigation far more difficult to solve?

I think it was to preempt questions or concerns about their behavior or activities - explaining things away so that they wouldn't seem suspect, or offering innocent explanations for things that could be taken in other ways. I think the tea stain is one of the most glaring examples of this. Why go to so much trouble to describe the discovery of the stain, the washing of it, the thought process while washing it, the hanging it to dry, if it was really just a simple food stain on the clothing of a three-year-old? The supposed dog-bite is another example like this, IMO. If true, it definitely would be notable for its strangeness, but why share it, except to explain bloodstains somewhere, or injuries on her person that others might question? So IMO, they are precautionary, but more specifically they seem preemptive, meant to shut questions down before they're even asked.
MissesWillYa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 21.01.14 18:26

@MissesWillYa wrote:
@justathought wrote:Many examples given. But going back to the original question-"for what purpose"?

I think it was to preempt questions or concerns about their behavior or activities - explaining things away so that they wouldn't seem suspect, or offering innocent explanations for things that could be taken in other ways. I think the tea stain is one of the most glaring examples of this. Why go to so much trouble to describe the discovery of the stain, the washing of it, the thought process while washing it, the hanging it to dry, if it was really just a simple food stain on the clothing of a three-year-old? The supposed dog-bite is another example like this, IMO. If true, it definitely would be notable for its strangeness, but why share it, except to explain bloodstains somewhere, or injuries on her person that others might question? So IMO, they are precautionary, but more specifically they seem preemptive, meant to shut questions down before they're even asked.

Totally agree with you about the pre-emptive nature if the inane remarks. The tea stain is an excellent example. What three year old doesn't make a bit of a mess of themselves? And on holiday, who really cares if there is a small tea stain on a pyjama top for a couple of days, it's not a big deal when you put it into context. What was VERY strange is that after your world has presumably been turned upside down, would you really think anyone else in the world would be remotely interested in such a tedious tale of hand washing etc? 

As you say, it is either pre-emptive, or this woman is so self absorbed or odd that she thinks anyone would be interested in this boring recollection.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 21.01.14 18:47

What if it wasn't a tea stain?

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.01.14 18:53

For me, washing out a tea stain during a one week holiday and reporting it, was a GIANT alert of some sorts ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 21.01.14 19:00

@canada12 wrote: What if it wasn't a tea stain?
 winkwink 

In the immortal words of Francis Urqhuart

"You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment"

winkwink

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Five Star on 21.01.14 19:09

"Father & Daughter Moment"   instead of "Father & Daughters moment" or "Father moment" because ALL the kids were in the same room!
Five Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.01.14 19:19

Gerry (outside the church I think?)    

"We continue to hope for the best possible outcome from this for us................and for Madeleine".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.01.14 19:23

'I think the worst thing is, we, kind of, almost thought about not going and, errm... and did. We weren't sure we were going to get into the Tapas'

Back to top Go down

Post by Irisheyes on 21.01.14 19:32

Kate saying in the book that that she was crying out in front of her relatives/ friends about a slideshow in her head which included images of madeline lying cold and mottled on a big grey slab. I've always thought this was a defence in case they were bugged or that one of the relatives or friends may now not be seen as reliable.

Irisheyes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissesWillYa on 21.01.14 19:41

I think the "perfect genitals" commentary belongs here too. IMO, it served only to drive home the "abduction by pedophiles" scenario. I can't imagine a hopeful parent of a missing child allowing her mind to go there continually, like KM claims hers did. I know thoughts are hard to control, but if there's no reason to believe she's come to any harm, why dwell on this specific image?
MissesWillYa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmied_Shatter on 21.01.14 19:58

Giving them her tuppence worth.
 empathy 

Jemmied_Shatter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 21.01.14 20:03

@Irisheyes wrote:Kate saying in the book that that she was crying out in front of her relatives/ friends about a slideshow in her head which included images of madeline lying cold and mottled on a big grey slab. I've always thought this was a defence in case they were bugged or that one of the relatives or friends may now not be seen as reliable.

Reminds me of above-ground graves / crypts in churchyards and inside churches.

Hmmm.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet on 21.01.14 20:15

This is not exactly on topic but in her Diary (pamalam site) Kate wrote that Madeleine put her wedding ring on her finger that night at bedtime (diary entry of July 21). I thought in interviews she said it was her engagement ring? I do remember first reports of May 3 made much about the "hair bead carefully removed"....not mentioned after.
juliet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 21.01.14 20:26

23/12/07:
It is revealed that police want to trace a blue tennis bag allegedly taken from Kate and Gerry McCann's apartment on the night Madeleine went missing. Detectives think the hold-all could have been used to carry Madeleine as she was taken away, or even to transport the three-year-old's body. It belonged to the girl's father but has not been seen since the night of May 3, according to a Sky News documentary due to be broadcast on Christmas Eve.
Expert Tony Rogers, who reviews unsolved cases for British police and worked on the Soham investigation, said: "If it's a bag of a size that could be used to take a child away from the flat, that would be of great interest to the investigating officer." But McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell flatly denied that Mr McCann had lost a bag during the family's holiday. He said: "As far as Kate and Gerry are concerned, there is no missing tennis bag. They came back from holiday with everything except of course, tragically, Madeleine."
Mr McCann told friends yesterday that he did not take any tennis equipment to Praia da Luz, and did not own a blue tennis bag. But Sky News stood by its story, which it said came from sources who had travelled to the resort after Madeleine's disappearance.
Portuguese newspaper Diaria de Noticas reports that the Policiaria Judiciaria have been searching for months for a blue tennis bag, with sufficient size to carry a small child, which belonged to Gerry McCann. The story, advanced by Sky News, adds that Gerry McCann assured PJ investigators at the time that the bag had been "stolen".
Unquote
Take your pick - didn't own abag - yet told PJ it had been stolen... winkwink 

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 21.01.14 20:57

Following on from Tiggers post.

David Payne's rog statement: 

1485 "What about a kit bag' Would they have a kit bag with them''
 Reply "Err he certainly didn't have a great big tennis bag or a, you know, err I mean I used to be a squash, a semi-professional squash player and you know they certainly didn't have anything that I would call a kit bag from days when I played''

Reply "There was nothing of that size that you could hide a, a tennis racquet in or anything like that, it would have been just purely, if they had anything''

1485 "Yeah.'
 Reply "It would have been something that had their water in.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.01.14 21:05

Kate saying that she was, at least initially, reluctant to go to Portugal on the holiday (p60 of the bewk)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.01.14 21:39

Her blanket, which Kate "so hopes the abductor has wrapped her in".  wtf 

Back to top Go down

Post by Swannie on 21.01.14 21:42

@tigger wrote:23/12/07:
But McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell flatly denied that Mr McCann had lost a bag during the family's holiday. He said: "As far as Kate and Gerry are concerned, there is no missing tennis bag. They came back from holiday with everything except of course, tragically, Madeleine."
Mr McCann told friends yesterday that he did not take any tennis equipment to Praia da Luz, and did not own a blue tennis bag.
Bet Gerry wishes he'd stuck to the "it was stolen" version now, as those 3 pesky burglars could have nicked it to put their non-existant booty in........

Swannie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 21.01.14 21:55

@tigger wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@IAmNotMerylStreep wrote:
@Woofer wrote:
@IAmNotMerylStreep wrote:Rotting meat, dirty nappies.
Taking cuddlecat to work.
Mosquitoes.

to explain dogs findings.

Hi IANMS - mosquitos is a new one on me - where did that stem from?

Philomena McCann when she was referring to the markers on the wall behind the sofa.

No way!

So it was a team of aerobatic formation flying kamikaze mosquitos that were responsible for that then?

That's a brilliant deduction. Pass it on to SY  immediately.  winkwink 

Oh ... shurrup you lot ...... I`m in fits here  big grin
Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 21.01.14 21:59

@Five Star wrote:"Father & Daughter Moment"   instead of "Father & Daughters moment" or "Father moment" because ALL the kids were in the same room!

Well ..... we are led to believe they were.
Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum