The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCann arrests not 'major breakthrough,' experts says - Page 5 Mm11

McCann arrests not 'major breakthrough,' experts says - Page 5 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCann arrests not 'major breakthrough,' experts says - Page 5 Mm11

McCann arrests not 'major breakthrough,' experts says - Page 5 Regist10

McCann arrests not 'major breakthrough,' experts says

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCann arrests not 'major breakthrough,' experts says - Page 5 Empty Re: McCann arrests not 'major breakthrough,' experts says

Post by MissesWillYa 14.01.14 20:18

bobby18 wrote:Good to get an insight within other countries from UK - unfathomable, isn't it?

I admit I struggle to stomach every media appearance, but when you see them on talk shows being introduced to rapturous appliance, I do wonder if I have entered the twilight zone. These people continually left their kids unattended on holiday and OPEN to child abduction (not of course that it occurred) - unbelievable.

Just last night, I was reading Yahoo's news article on the matter. I read the first 30-ish comments and not a single person appeared to be questioning the story. All I can think is that there must be a lot of people who have a "but there for the grace of God..." mindset about the whole situation. It makes me wonder just how many people would make the same choices with their own children. It's terrifying, honestly. I watch my kids like a hawk and it has never occurred to me to do otherwise.
MissesWillYa
MissesWillYa

Activity : 204

Back to top Go down

McCann arrests not 'major breakthrough,' experts says - Page 5 Empty Re: McCann arrests not 'major breakthrough,' experts says

Post by bobby18 14.01.14 20:27

MissesWillYa wrote:
bobby18 wrote:Good to get an insight within other countries from UK - unfathomable, isn't it?

I admit I struggle to stomach every media appearance, but when you see them on talk shows being introduced to rapturous appliance, I do wonder if I have entered the twilight zone. These people continually left their kids unattended on holiday and OPEN to child abduction (not of course that it occurred) - unbelievable.

Just last night, I was reading Yahoo's news article on the matter. I read the first 30-ish comments and not a single person appeared to be questioning the story. All I can think is that there must be a lot of people who have a "but there for the grace of God..." mindset about the whole situation. It makes me wonder just how many people would make the same choices with their own children. It's terrifying, honestly. I watch my kids like a hawk and it has never occurred to me to do otherwise.

At the risk of being snobbish, I have been on holiday abroad and in the vicinity of people who have their kids in the pub at what I consider to be inappropriate hours of the night based on UK culture (kids are allowed in bars till around 8 where food is served).

But my opinion on this is solely that - an opinion. The kids are with them at all times and never looked exposed to danger in my experience. Compare that to what the McCann's readily accept they behaved like, THROUGHOUT their holiday?
bobby18

Activity : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by MissesWillYa 14.01.14 20:54

bobby18 wrote:But my opinion on this is solely that - an opinion. The kids are with them at all times and never looked exposed to danger in my experience. Compare that to what the McCann's readily accept they behaved like, THROUGHOUT their holiday?

Yeah, I mean, far be it from me to dictate how other parents should do things. But this goes beyond, IMO.
MissesWillYa
MissesWillYa

Activity : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.01.14 20:55

So according to this from Isa from CNN International 3 hours ago, Portugal still not received the ILOR..

Isa Soares ‏@IsaCNN · 3h
Portugal Attorney General's office tell me they have not yet received the formal letter from the MET regarding #mccann case

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.01.14 21:12

And MET have whooshed it from their press page if I read correctly elsewhere ?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 14.01.14 21:13

Bellisa wrote:And MET have whooshed it from their press page if I read correctly elsewhere ?

It's still there, under Fri 10th Jan.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie 14.01.14 21:32

candyfloss wrote:So according to this from Isa from CNN International 3 hours ago, Portugal still not received the ILOR..

Isa Soares ‏@IsaCNN  · 3h  
Portugal Attorney General's office tell me they have not yet received the formal letter from the MET regarding #mccann case

Must of sent it 2nd class!
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin 14.01.14 21:42

Once again no urgency for the poor girl possibly in a hellish lair !
Rasputin
Rasputin

Activity : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.01.14 21:44

thanks smoke and mirrors. Its certainly taking a long time to arrive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 14.01.14 22:06

Bellisa wrote:thanks smoke and mirrors. Its certainly taking a long time to arrive.

What with the recession and everything, I don't think the Met have been feeding the carrier pigeons enough corn. I have an awful feeling the pigeon entrusted with this crucial document may have passed out somewhere over the ocean and plummeted to a watery demise. Shame.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.01.14 22:12

Smokeandmirrors wrote:
Bellisa wrote:thanks smoke and mirrors. Its certainly taking a long time to arrive.

What with the recession and everything, I don't think the Met have been feeding the carrier pigeons enough corn. I have an awful feeling the pigeon entrusted with this crucial document may have passed out somewhere over the ocean and plummeted to a watery demise. Shame.

big grin  You're on form tonight  dance 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 14.01.14 22:18

candyfloss wrote:
Smokeandmirrors wrote:

big grin   You're on form tonight  dance 
It's been a long day……this is the last hurrah before those zzzzz's finish me off  bashful

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14.01.14 22:52

haha i can't even think about a witty reply to that!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

McCann arrests not 'major breakthrough,' experts says - Page 5 Empty Keir Simmon's thoughts

Post by maebee 14.01.14 23:12

From Keir Simmon's F.B. page:

Quote:
Keir Simmons shared a link.

I've reported on the Madeleine McCann case since the first few days she disappeared... and this does feel like a significant development...

Police to make arrests in Madeleine McCann case

What an idiot McCann arrests not 'major breakthrough,' experts says - Page 5 Shout
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by Hongkong Phooey 14.01.14 23:26

maebee wrote:From Keir Simmon's F.B. page:

Quote:

I've reported on the Madeleine McCann case since the first few days she disappeared... and this does feel like a significant development...

What an idiot McCann arrests not 'major breakthrough,' experts says - Page 5 Shout
I'm amazed at how gullible people can be, what exactly could these burglars be arrested with as there is no evidence. Even by using the phone data it's not that accurate that they would be able to tell if somebody was in 5a or standing outside etc. it could well just be the suspects were in the vicinity, that proves nothing . They made a lot of calls supposedly again that in itself proves nothing, SY may very well want to speak to them, but arresting them is highly unlikely. And by the way instead of discreetly seeking out these individuals we'll run an 'advert' in the press. You would struggle to come up with a scenario stupider than this.
Hongkong Phooey
Hongkong Phooey

Activity : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 14.01.14 23:37

Hongkong Phooey wrote:
maebee wrote:From Keir Simmon's F.B. page:

Quote:

I'm amazed at how gullible people can be, what exactly could these burglars be arrested with as there is no evidence. Even by using the phone data it's not that accurate that they would be able to tell if somebody was in 5a or standing outside etc. it could well just be the suspects were in the vicinity,  that proves nothing . They made a lot of calls supposedly again that in itself proves nothing, SY may very well want to speak to them, but arresting them is highly unlikely. And by the way instead of discreetly seeking out these individuals we'll run an 'advert' in the press. You would struggle to come up with a scenario stupider than this.

The general public's gullibility doesn't surprise me hk. It's the gullibility of Keir Simmons and his ilk that is truly shocking. As he says himself, he has been reporting on the case from Day One. He may have been reporting but he certainly hasn't been researching. 
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 14.01.14 23:39

Smokeandmirrors wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
Smokeandmirrors wrote:

big grin   You're on form tonight  dance 
It's been a long day……this is the last hurrah before those zzzzz's finish me off  bashful

All those zzzzz's won't be finishing you off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they are all in Portugal with the xxxxxxxxx's and yyyyyyyyy's busy burgling holiday apartments and taking children, as Mr Mitchell has told us!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving Mom 15.01.14 0:31

I'm amazed at how gullible people can be, what exactly could these burglars be arrested with as there is no evidence. Even by using the phone data it's not that accurate that they would be able to tell if somebody was in 5a or standing outside etc. it could well just be the suspects were in the vicinity,  that proves nothing . They made a lot of calls supposedly again that in itself proves nothing, SY may very well want to speak to them, but arresting them is highly unlikely. And by the way instead of discreetly seeking out these individuals we'll run an 'advert' in the press. You would struggle to come up with a scenario stupider than this.

Regarding the above post, I agree how gullible people can be.  
IF there were three burgers in the area then they should be questioned for possible involvement or information. It is highly unlikely that anyone besides Madeleine's parents and or friends are involved in the "disappearance" of Madeleine but until it is proven otherwise no one can be sure what happened or even when it happened. I'd like to think the McCanns are innocent but I don't. Besides all their inconsistent statements, lawyering up, not taking lie detector tests, and bizarre behaviors, the most damning in my opinion is their lack of actually searching for Madeleine. I still hope I'm wrong and that they are innocent but it would sure be a surprise in light of the facts of the case.
Loving Mom

Activity : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 15.01.14 0:43

Loving Mom wrote:I'm amazed at how gullible people can be, what exactly could these burglars be arrested with as there is no evidence. Even by using the phone data it's not that accurate that they would be able to tell if somebody was in 5a or standing outside etc. it could well just be the suspects were in the vicinity,  that proves nothing . They made a lot of calls supposedly again that in itself proves nothing, SY may very well want to speak to them, but arresting them is highly unlikely. And by the way instead of discreetly seeking out these individuals we'll run an 'advert' in the press. You would struggle to come up with a scenario stupider than this.

IF there were three burgers in the area then they should be questioned for possible involvement or information. It is highly unlikely that anyone besides Madeleine's parents and or friends are involved in the "disappearance" of Madeleine but until it is proven otherwise no one can be sure what happened or even when it happened. I'd like to think the McCanns are innocent but I don't. Besides all their inconsistent statements, lawyering up, not taking lie detector tests, and bizarre behaviors, the most damning in my opinion is their lack of actually searching for Madeleine. I still hope I'm wrong and that they are innocent but it would sure be a surprise in light of the facts of the case.

Loving Mom. Sorry but I had to laugh at your "three burgers in the area". With the way things are going it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to trace, identify and eliminate a Happy Meal.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving Mom 15.01.14 0:51

I have to watch my darn spell check when commenting on the possible, or should I say improbable, burglars.  ooops 
Mirage wrote:
Loving Mom wrote:I'm amazed at how gullible people can be, what exactly could these burglars be arrested with as there is no evidence. Even by using the phone data it's not that accurate that they would be able to tell if somebody was in 5a or standing outside etc. it could well just be the suspects were in the vicinity,  that proves nothing . They made a lot of calls supposedly again that in itself proves nothing, SY may very well want to speak to them, but arresting them is highly unlikely. And by the way instead of discreetly seeking out these individuals we'll run an 'advert' in the press. You would struggle to come up with a scenario stupider than this.

Loving Mom. Sorry but I had to laugh at your "three burgers in the area". With the way things are going it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to trace, identify and eliminate a Happy Meal.
Loving Mom

Activity : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by watendlath 15.01.14 5:13

Mirage wrote:

I'm quite sure they've already done that...how else could they have gone through six million in two years? smilie
watendlath
watendlath

Activity : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 15.01.14 7:42

candyfloss wrote:I will give this a new topic ............

McCann arrests not 'major breakthrough,' experts says

LONDON — The expected arrests of key suspects in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann that British media are calling imminent are being "overplayed," a former police detective with extensive experience of high-profile investigations has told USA TODAY.

"This isn't a major breakthrough. This is a significant piece of information about three individuals who need to be eliminated (from police investigations)," Mark Williams Thomas, who has won awards for his investigative reporting, said Tuesday.

"Burglars don't abduct children," Thomas said. "Child abusers abduct, pedophiles abduct, but if you are in an area burglarizing a house looking for items you are not looking to take a child. In terms of who these individuals are, they are likely to be questioned about what they may have seen as witnesses," he said.

"I doubt very much they will be viewed as suspects," Thomas said. "To call them 'suspects' at this point is overplaying it by far."

Late Monday, several media outlets in the United Kingdom, including the Guardian and Daily Mirror, citing an unidentified spokesman for Kate and Gerry McCann — Madeleine's parents — reported that police in Portugal were ready to arrest and interview "key suspects" connected to alleged robberies in the area where the then 3-year-old Madeleine was taken in the case that has captivated global attention for years.
British investigators, who last year re-launched their own investigation into Madeleine's 2007 disappearance from a resort in Portugal, confirmed Monday they sent a letter of request to Portuguese authorities but would not elaborate on its contents.

Separately, the McCann's spokesman, speaking to the Guardian, said the latest developments were significant. "It means they have the intention of arresting and interviewing X, Y or Z. We don't know who they have their sights on but it's likely it is the burglars," the spokesman told the British news site.

Two of the burglaries took place in April 2007 in the apartment block where the McCann family was staying, ABC reported from London. In both of the April burglaries, entry was gained via a window. One theory is that Madeleine was also abducted after access to the family's vacation rental was gained through a window, but she did not vanish before May.

REPORTS: Arrests ahead in Madeleine McCann disappearance

However, Thomas, who as a police officer specialized in child protection cases, said Tuesday, "These individuals may have information but as far as a breakthrough? No." More importantly, he said, they need to be ruled out.

"What happens now is very much down to what the authorities in Portugal decide to do next," Thomas said.
Contributing: USA TODAY's William M. Welch.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/01/14/madeleine-mccann-arrests-imminent/4470017/

no shit sherlock

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster 15.01.14 8:58

Dear Prime Minister

Why are UK taxpayers wasting money hand over fist to wash the grave parenting errors of Madeleine McCann's parents. They are very unpopular now in the UK and will cost votes for our party at the next election.

As concerning, is the relationship the MCCann's enjoy with Clarence Mitchell who in his own right no prophet of future party strength. Mr Mitchell is apparently the source of many unsubstantiated and potentially false press releases regarding the heavily funded Operation Grange, its progress and its relations with the Portuguese Police. Why is he allowed to harm good reputations in this irresponsible manner? With the next General Election due in May 2015 and the threat of Labour becoming more popular the opposition will use the Mitchell/ McCann relationship and the significant spend by the Government on Grange to spin and beat, not with Garlands of flowers, but with a big stick the next Tory Party manifesto. There is still time to act.

The Rooster

Activity : 524

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.01.14 9:07

The Rooster wrote:Dear Prime Minister

Why are UK taxpayers wasting money hand over fist to wash the grave parenting errors of Madeleine McCann's parents.  They are very unpopular now in the UK and will cost votes for our party at the next election.

As concerning, is the relationship the MCCann's enjoy with Clarence Mitchell who in his own right no prophet of future party strength. Mr Mitchell is apparently the source of many unsubstantiated and potentially false press releases regarding the heavily funded Operation Grange, its progress and its relations with the Portuguese Police.  Why is he allowed to harm good reputations in this irresponsible manner?  With the next General Election due in May 2015 and the threat of Labour becoming more popular the opposition will use the Mitchell/ McCann relationship and the significant spend by the Government on Grange to spin and beat, not with Garlands of flowers, but with a big stick the next Tory Party manifesto.  There is still time to act.

But the McCanns were protected by Blair, Brown & possibly Milliband so the McCann case, if handled correctly would destroy the Labour party leaving the Tories in power and the Lib Dems as the new opposition. Just a thought.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 15.01.14 9:15

I'm not sure they were protected as such. Just that the politicians rather rashly went "all in" with the Mccanns. It now seems more about protecting their reputation than anything. Hence the directive to SY to a) reopen the case and b) avoid investigating the mccanns.  

Both directives are unparalleled political interventions in a so-called independent police force.  That the met has responded like nodding dogs to both directives must be a source of continued embarrassment for all of its employees.

It certainly sets an uncomfortable precedent in the uk as it is now accepted by the media and public that the government can publicly instruct our police force to not investigate certain potential suspects in a crime. A handy power for any government, but one that sits uneasily in a democracy...
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top