The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Swinging at The Ocean Club

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Swinging at The Ocean Club

Post by bristow on 10.01.14 22:15

I was just reading Textusa's blog, I haven't before and noticed that it says on the intro page,

"At the time of Maddie's death the Praia da Luz's Ocean Club was hosting a large swinging holiday in which the McCanns andfriends were part of among many others."

I have always been dubious about the swinging theory and to be honest haven't really looked into it. Do we know for sure that the Ocean Club was hosting a large swinging party?

Does anyone know more, was it officially mentioned or is it just hearsay and rumours?

Apologies if this question has been asked before.

http://textusa.blogspot.co.uk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Swinging at The Ocean Club

Post by Guest on 10.01.14 22:25

I don't know Bristow.  However it was mentioned in the BBC programme The Mystery of Madeleine McCann shown 0n 19.11.07.

The full transcript is here, the comment was made  by JOSE BARRA da COSTA
Former Policia Judiciaria

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm

The Portuguese police publicly disowned the allegation and the McCanns denied it.  So maybe no truth in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 10.01.14 22:30

candyfloss wrote:I don't know Bristow.  However it was mentioned in the BBC programme The Mystery of Madeleine McCann shown 0n 19.11.07.

The full transcript is here, the comment was made  by JOSE BARRA da COSTA

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm
Thank you candyfloss I will have a read.
Textusa blog states it with such authority that I felt I had missed something (official information) not the swinging holiday itself!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 10.01.14 22:37

Ah yes this bit - would still like to know why Textusa sounds so much in know that the Ocean Club were hosting a 'swinging holiday'.

JOSE BARRA da COSTA
There are people who guarantee that this is a couple who practice 'swinging' - i.e. sexual relationships between couples and then changing partners, and that this practice would allow in this type of...

BILTON: When you say: "there are people who say..." I'm assuming you are quoting....
DA COSTA: People who know obviously. I cannot reveal the source here because I would lose it.
BILTON: The Portuguese police publicly disowned the allegation, also denied by the McCanns. But such stories are damaging. Then within weeks at a press conference in Germany, this question to the McCanns?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 10.01.14 22:50

The only other indication in that direction that I am aware of is that it has been established that prior to May 2007, the Mark Warner group was advertising, on the internet, what they called 'adult holidays' in Portugal, Sardinia and other places. It was said that these links were removed swiftly after May 2007 - but although Mark Warner were most certainly at one time advertising their adult holidays on the internet, the date at which they ceased to advertise them is not known. Possibly someone with knowledge of how to operate the 'WayBackMachine' might be able to establish this.

It was of course Alex Woolfall, a top person from Mark Warner's reputation managers, Bell Pottinger, who was remarkably swiftly on the scene, straightaway busily examining the McCanns' camera - though not, seemingly, finding that elusive 'Last Photo' that only surfaced three weeks later. 

I doubt very much whether Textusa could back up her claim

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwi on 10.01.14 23:34

Mark Warner Family Resorts offer award-winning childcare and a selection of Kids clubs to suit all ages. With daily sports and exciting activities all safely supervised by our nannies and play leaders you can enjoy your holiday, knowing the kids are enjoying theirs.

At our Adult Only resorts, singles and couples can choose to be as active as they want during the day, with plenty of opportunity to make new friends and party the night away.

https://web.archive.org/web/20060221091042/http://www.markwarner.co.uk/

Kiwi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 11.01.14 0:06

@Kiwi wrote:Mark Warner Family Resorts offer award-winning childcare and a selection of Kids clubs to suit all ages. With daily sports and exciting activities all safely supervised by our nannies and play leaders you can enjoy your holiday, knowing the kids are enjoying theirs.

At our Adult Only resorts, singles and couples can choose to be as active as they want during the day, with plenty of opportunity to make new friends and party the night away.

Welcome Kiwi, thanks for the link. I've never seen this before. I always assumed Mark Warner was geared towards family holidays. I had no idea about the Adult Only resorts.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T on 11.01.14 0:09

@Kiwi wrote:Mark Warner Family Resorts offer award-winning childcare and a selection of Kids clubs to suit all ages. With daily sports and exciting activities all safely supervised by our nannies and play leaders you can enjoy your holiday, knowing the kids are enjoying theirs.

Looking at that link it would appear that reference to adults only resorts was removed during September 2006.
Rufus T

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 11.01.14 0:16

Am I naive?  What`s suspect about an adults only holiday?  Isn`t it merely a holiday that can be taken without children racing round.

Please tell me before I go and book one.
Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 11.01.14 0:20

Interesting about that Wayback Machine.. you can find out a lot of info about their resorts as they were in May 2007 just by clicking on the date thingy at the top right of the page.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 on 11.01.14 2:56

[color:945b=000000]Dianne Webster & [color:945b=000000]Fiona Payne going on a swinging holiday with their kids/gran[color:945b=000000]d children...

[color:945b=000000][color:945b=000000][color:945b=000000][color:945b=000000]I high[color:945b=000000]ly doubt they were swinging.

sonic72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 11.01.14 6:56

I don't think the cover up was anything to do with swinging. Simple to deny it if it did happen which I very much doubt.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia on 11.01.14 13:28

Hmmm ...... there is a photo taken on the 4th May showing Ms Healy being "comforted" by Dr Oldfield. At the time it was certainly noticed they appeared very close. Then we get her "truthful" bewk where she describes the very very very long run the two took together, not forgetting her fetching pink running shoes and the dog attack!

Panorama chose the shot of the pampas grass for a reason! Google it and swinging if you don't get the reference.

Praia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.01.14 13:48

@Praia wrote:Hmmm ...... there is a photo taken on the 4th May showing Ms Healy being "comforted" by Dr Oldfield. At the time it was certainly noticed they appeared very close. Then we get her "truthful" bewk where she describes the very very very long run the two took together, not forgetting her fetching pink running shoes and the dog attack!

Panorama chose the shot of the pampas grass for a reason! Google it and swinging if you don't get the reference.

You live and learn.

But even if they were swingers, that seems an incredibly mundane reason for a cover up. Although I've read somewhere about some high profile visitors to their home even before May 2007 - could that be part of the whole mystery?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.01.14 13:49

It's hard to imagine that these days anything involving consenting adults would need to be covered up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.01.14 14:00

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:It's hard to imagine that these days anything involving consenting adults would need to be covered up.

I draw the line at washing other consenting adults toddlers & babies!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Praia on 11.01.14 14:03

I agree Clay, it is too mundane a reason for the size and scale of the cover up. I still always go back to the Gasper statement's.

But I think some of their group were very into each other, to paraphrase Ms Healy.

Praia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion on 11.01.14 14:13

@Woofer wrote:Am I naive?  What`s suspect about an adults only holiday?  Isn`t it merely a holiday that can be taken without children racing round.

We have been to an adults only hotel in Madeira. You need to be 16+. Most of the guests were 50+ and were couples who kept themselves to themselves. Definitely not a swinging scene.

mysterion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.01.14 14:15

@Praia wrote:I agree Clay, it is too mundane a reason for the size and scale of the cover up. I still always go back to the Gasper statement's.

But I think some of their group were very into each other, to paraphrase Ms Healy.

Thing is, I've had my perception of what constitutes a paedophile completely turned on its head by the Ian Watkins case. I'm not a moralistic type, but it seems that with the easy possibility to satisfy any imaginable legal kink, even fairly straight up and down types might be tempted to explore the few remaining taboos. So rather than being the repressed, pathetic creature of legend, the paedophile becomes an already highly sexed, confident experimenter. Far from discriminating solely towards children, this type will have sex with anything and everything purely in the name of hedonism. I hope against hope that isn't what we're dealing with here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Trunchbull on 11.01.14 15:34

@mysterion wrote:
@Woofer wrote:Am I naive?  What`s suspect about an adults only holiday?  Isn`t it merely a holiday that can be taken without children racing round.

We have been to an adults only hotel in Madeira. You need to be 16+. Most of the guests were 50+ and were couples who kept themselves to themselves. Definitely not a swinging scene.

Sandals is a company that does 'adult only' hols and it's definately not a swingers holiday. Adult oriented - that is activities and fine dining - with no tearaway kids charging about and screaming. Bliss.

Miss Trunchbull

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.01.14 17:49

Sandals is a company that does 'adult only' hols and it's definately not a swingers holiday. Adult oriented - that is activities and fine dining - with no tearaway kids charging about and screaming. Bliss.[/quote]  

Sounds wonderful, and very relaxing.

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 24.08.15 20:26

We should also remember the antics of the nannies - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-500458/Cavorting-half-naked-pole-dancing-nurse-nanny-key-witness-Maddie-case.html

Are we talking about the Spartacus club?  Does the Spartacus Club operate anywhere in or near Praia Da Luz?

Primarily a gay club but also for swingers and goodness knows what else, with children available for parties.  The Spartacus club members include the elite and there are a large number of hotels and guest houses, such as Elm Lodge guest house.  The club is worldwide and uses venues all over the world.  According to one report, the venues send out coded messages to club members in their adverts.  Apparently, "10% discount for Spa (or Spartacus) club members" means "children available on request.

I really think that this so called club warrants more research.

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by whodunit on 24.08.15 20:41

@sharonl wrote:We should also remember the antics of the nannies - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-500458/Cavorting-half-naked-pole-dancing-nurse-nanny-key-witness-Maddie-case.html

Are we talking about the Spartacus club?  Does the Spartacus Club operate anywhere in or near Praia Da Luz?

Primarily a gay club but also for swingers and goodness knows what else, with children available for parties.  The Spartacus club members include the elite and there are a large number of hotels and guest houses, such as Elm Lodge guest house.  The club is worldwide and uses venues all over the world.  According to one report, the venues send out coded messages to club members in their adverts.  Apparently, "10% discount for Spa (or Spartacus) club members" means "children available on request.

This I can believe.
whodunit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 24.08.15 21:01

@sharonl wrote:We should also remember the antics of the nannies - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-500458/Cavorting-half-naked-pole-dancing-nurse-nanny-key-witness-Maddie-case.html

http://aanirfan.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/spartacus-boys-and-cia.html

He couldn't keep away, could he???

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum