The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!


Scotland Yard’s rotten core: Police failed to address Met's ‘endemic corruption’ - Independent - 10/1/14

Post new topic   Reply to topic

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Scotland Yard’s rotten core: Police failed to address Met's ‘endemic corruption’ - Independent - 10/1/14

Post by marconi on 12.01.14 4:48

please, read my comment on correio da manhã above.

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard’s rotten core: Police failed to address Met's ‘endemic corruption’ - Independent - 10/1/14

Post by ultimaThule on 12.01.14 5:25

@Mirage wrote:Exactly Tony. And because Andy Redwood is under no illusions as to the public's distaste for any remaining pockets of corruption at Scotland Yard he will make it his business to adhere to the highest possible investigatory standards. He will go the extra mile to make that demonstrable to a sceptical public I am absolutely certain. He is aware of the climate of opinion with regard to the MET and he knows the onus is upon him to justify the unprecedented budget afforded him for his expertise and that of his extensive team. All of his team will be similarly mindful that trust in the MET can and must be restored. They, too,will  feel the weight and responsibility invested in them, I am sure.

 A pledge has been made that signifies that this investigation will be prosecuted without fear or favour; that it will be founded upon a voiceless victim. Here is a reminder of that sombre pledge DCI Andy Redwood has given us all on behalf of the Metropolitan Police:

                                                                   "We are fighting for Madeleine McCann....."
Let's cut the crap to the chase here:  if AR entertains any hope of retiring on his full police pension he will know that the answer to the question 'Jump? from his superior officers and their political masters is 'how high?'.

If Andy pulls this one off he'll go down in the NSY book of mavericks:  those who are willing to buck the trend and get away with it most usually because they are adept at anticipating their masters' voice wants before they are.

As the intellectually disadvantaged little pink creature has demonstrated on occasions too numerous to mention, it's not necessary to have the brain of an Einstein to pull the wool over the eyes of others but you're best advised to  have your finger firmly on the pulse of the string pullers before attempting  to cut those ties that bind and put bread, among other goodies, on your table.
avatar
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard’s rotten core: Police failed to address Met's ‘endemic corruption’ - Independent - 10/1/14

Post by lj on 12.01.14 7:50

@ultimaThule wrote:
@Mirage wrote:Exactly Tony. And because Andy Redwood is under no illusions as to the public's distaste for any remaining pockets of corruption at Scotland Yard he will make it his business to adhere to the highest possible investigatory standards. He will go the extra mile to make that demonstrable to a sceptical public I am absolutely certain. He is aware of the climate of opinion with regard to the MET and he knows the onus is upon him to justify the unprecedented budget afforded him for his expertise and that of his extensive team. All of his team will be similarly mindful that trust in the MET can and must be restored. They, too,will  feel the weight and responsibility invested in them, I am sure.

 A pledge has been made that signifies that this investigation will be prosecuted without fear or favour; that it will be founded upon a voiceless victim. Here is a reminder of that sombre pledge DCI Andy Redwood has given us all on behalf of the Metropolitan Police:

                                                                   "We are fighting for Madeleine McCann....."
Let's cut the crap to the chase here:  if AR entertains any hope of retiring on his full police pension he will know that the answer to the question 'Jump? from his superior officers and their political masters is 'how high?'.

If Andy pulls this one off he'll go down in the NSY book of mavericks:  those who are willing to buck the trend and get away with it most usually because they are adept at anticipating their masters' voice wants before they are.

As the intellectually disadvantaged little pink creature has demonstrated on occasions too numerous to mention, it's not necessary to have the brain of an Einstein to pull the wool over the eyes of others but you're best advised to  have your finger firmly on the pulse of the string pullers before attempting  to cut those ties that bind and put bread, among other goodies, on your table.

What we have seen from Andy up until now, he indeed does not impress as an Einstein. I doubt he will play this game to the end. His interviews are becoming more and more painful to watch. I would not be surprised when his expertise all of the sudden is "needed" somewhere else.

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
avatar
lj

Posts : 3327
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard’s rotten core: Police failed to address Met's ‘endemic corruption’ - Independent - 10/1/14

Post by PeterMac on 12.01.14 7:59

@littlepixie wrote:I thought Duggan did have a gun.
He did. He was tracked as he collected it from the person who normally held it - these gangsters have logistics and stores departments, so they are never caught in possession in their own homes - too canny for that. And the police knew what he was doing, and what he was planning, and they may or may not have seen him thrown ONE gun away. Which leaves how many ?
The family are never going to be happy until the verdict is that a totally innocent man, loving father, church going peace lover was murdered by the Police
and COMPENSATION sets in.
The family have lived off the proceeds of his gangster activities for a long time, and have probably got used to the money.
No surprise that they are now squealing.

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 177
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard’s rotten core: Police failed to address Met's ‘endemic corruption’ - Independent - 10/1/14

Post by TellTheTruth on 12.01.14 9:19

IMHO the police did the right thing.

What law abiding citizen goes around brandishing a gun?

What law abiding citizen would even know how or where to obtain a gun?

Therefore it seems, to me at least ,that anybody in possession of a gun in a public place is not a law abiding citizen.

He was known to the police, he was not an angel.

If the police had waited until he had shot somebody there would have been uproar that the police were not protecting us.

They did protect us. They did what needed to be done.

TellTheTruth

Posts : 101
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard’s rotten core: Police failed to address Met's ‘endemic corruption’ - Independent - 10/1/14

Post by Mirage on 12.01.14 10:27

@lj wrote:
@Mirage wrote:I merely hold him to account for words he has spoken for public consumption and therefore to be taken on that basis. He conveys the message that he is fighting for Madeleine McCann and against the current backdrop of corruption at the MET I can only assume he has a vested interest in ensuring that there is not a scintilla of disambiguation in his words of intent. That is all.

What about the words regarding the parents?

I was being sarcastic IJ.

Mirage

Posts : 1905
Reputation : 758
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard’s rotten core: Police failed to address Met's ‘endemic corruption’ - Independent - 10/1/14

Post by Mirage on 12.01.14 10:47

@lj wrote:
@Mirage wrote:I merely hold him to account for words he has spoken for public consumption and therefore to be taken on that basis. He conveys the message that he is fighting for Madeleine McCann and against the current backdrop of corruption at the MET I can only assume he has a vested interest in ensuring that there is not a scintilla of disambiguation in his words of intent. That is all.

What about the words regarding the parents?

I'm not sure what words you are referring to I j.

I think you'll find that all my posts relating to AR are laced with a fair dollop of sarcasm, interspersed with some reminders of his stated aim that he is fighting for Madeleine McCann. If you look at the context of my posts on this thread this should become clearer.

I think that sombre pledge trumps any words he may, directly or directly, made to or about the parents.



Mirage

Posts : 1905
Reputation : 758
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard’s rotten core: Police failed to address Met's ‘endemic corruption’ - Independent - 10/1/14

Post by lj on 12.01.14 15:11

@Mirage wrote:
@lj wrote:
@Mirage wrote:I merely hold him to account for words he has spoken for public consumption and therefore to be taken on that basis. He conveys the message that he is fighting for Madeleine McCann and against the current backdrop of corruption at the MET I can only assume he has a vested interest in ensuring that there is not a scintilla of disambiguation in his words of intent. That is all.

What about the words regarding the parents?

I was being sarcastic IJ.

So was I,  Mirage     sarcastic


ETA: I brought it up because he keeps on lauding the parents and declaring them white as snow with the same ardentness as he says that he will fight for Madeleine. I even wonder if those 2 statements are mutually exclusive.

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
avatar
lj

Posts : 3327
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard’s rotten core: Police failed to address Met's ‘endemic corruption’ - Independent - 10/1/14

Post by Mirage on 12.01.14 16:39

@lj wrote:
@Mirage wrote:
@lj wrote:
@Mirage wrote:I merely hold him to account for words he has spoken for public consumption and therefore to be taken on that basis. He conveys the message that he is fighting for Madeleine McCann and against the current backdrop of corruption at the MET I can only assume he has a vested interest in ensuring that there is not a scintilla of disambiguation in his words of intent. That is all.

What about the words regarding the parents?

I was being sarcastic IJ.

So was I,  Mirage     sarcastic


ETA:  I brought it up because he keeps on lauding the parents and declaring them white as snow with the same ardentness as he says that he will fight for Madeleine. I even wonder if those 2 statements are mutually exclusive.

Duh! Sorry. My head's whizzing a bit between threads.  big grin  I didn't think you could possibly have me down as a naive plonker.  winkwink

Mirage

Posts : 1905
Reputation : 758
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

They are getting there - Slowly

Post by PeterMac on 13.01.14 9:30

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/revealed-how-gangs-used-the-freemasons-to-corrupt-police-9054670.html
Revealed: How gangs used the Freemasons to corrupt police
Gangsters able to recruit police officers through secret society, says investigation for Scotland Yard
TOM HARPER INVESTIGATIONS REPORTER Monday 13 January 2014

Secret networks of Freemasons have been used by organised crime gangs to corrupt the criminal justice system, according to a bombshell Metropolitan Police report leaked to The Independent.
Operation Tiberius, written in 2002, found underworld syndicates used their contacts in the controversial brotherhood to “recruit corrupted officers” inside Scotland Yard, and concluded it was one of “the most difficult aspects of organised crime corruption to proof against”.
The report – marked “Secret” – found serving officers in East Ham east London who were members of the Freemasons attempted to find out which detectives were suspected of links to organised crime from other police sources who were also members of the society.
Famous for its secret handshakes, Freemasonry has long been suspected of having members who work in the criminal justice system – notably the judiciary and the police.
The political establishment and much of the media often dismiss such ideas as the work of conspiracy theorists. However, Operation Tiberius is the second secret police report revealed by The Independent in the last six months to highlight the possible issue.

Project Riverside, a 2008 report on the rogue private investigations industry by the Serious Organised Crime Agency, also claimed criminals attempt to corrupt police officers through Freemason members in a bid to further their interests.
Concerns over the influence of freemasons on the criminal justice system in 1998 led former Home Secretary Jack Straw to order that all police officers and judges should declare membership of the organisation.
However, ten of Britain’s 43 police forces refused to take part and the policy was dropped under threat of legal action. In England and Wales, the Grand Master of the Freemasons is Prince Edward, Duke of Kent. The United Grand Lodge of England declined to comment last night.
The Independent revealed last week that Operation Tiberius found that organised crime syndicates such as the Adams family and the gang led by David Hunt were able to infiltrate the Met “at will”.
Asked to comment on the Tiberius report, a spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “The Metropolitan Police Service will not tolerate any behaviour by our officers and staff which could damage the trust placed in police by the public.
“We are determined to pursue corruption in all its forms and with all possible vigour.”
Is DCI Redwood a Freemason ?

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 177
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard’s rotten core: Police failed to address Met's ‘endemic corruption’ - Independent - 10/1/14

Post by Mirage on 13.01.14 9:35

Is DCI Redwood a Freemason ?
-------------------------------------
I suppose one could write him and ask !  laughat 

Mirage

Posts : 1905
Reputation : 758
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard’s rotten core: Police failed to address Met's ‘endemic corruption’ - Independent - 10/1/14

Post by Tony Bennett on 13.01.14 9:42

@PeterMac wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/revealed-how-gangs-used-the-freemasons-to-corrupt-police-9054670.html
Revealed: How gangs used the Freemasons to corrupt police
Gangsters able to recruit police officers through secret society, says investigation for Scotland Yard
TOM HARPER   INVESTIGATIONS REPORTER  Monday 13 January 2014

Secret networks of Freemasons have been used by organised crime gangs to corrupt the criminal justice system, according to a bombshell Metropolitan Police report leaked to The Independent.
Operation Tiberius, written in 2002, found underworld syndicates used their contacts in the controversial brotherhood to “recruit corrupted officers” inside Scotland Yard, and concluded it was one of “the most difficult aspects of organised crime corruption to proof against”.
The report – marked “Secret” – found serving officers in East Ham east London who were members of the Freemasons attempted to find out which detectives were suspected of links to organised crime from other police sources who were also members of the society.
Famous for its secret handshakes, Freemasonry has long been suspected of having members who work in the criminal justice system – notably the judiciary and the police.
The political establishment and much of the media often dismiss such ideas as the work of conspiracy theorists. However, Operation Tiberius is the second secret police report revealed by The Independent in the last six months to highlight the possible issue.

Project Riverside, a 2008 report on the rogue private investigations industry by the Serious Organised Crime Agency, also claimed criminals attempt to corrupt police officers through Freemason members in a bid to further their interests.
Concerns over the influence of freemasons on the criminal justice system in 1998 led former Home Secretary Jack Straw to order that all police officers and judges should declare membership of the organisation.
However, ten of Britain’s 43 police forces refused to take part and the policy was dropped under threat of legal action.  In England and Wales, the Grand Master of the Freemasons is Prince Edward, Duke of Kent. The United Grand Lodge of England declined to comment last night.
The Independent revealed last week that Operation Tiberius found that organised crime syndicates such as the Adams family and the gang led by David Hunt were able to infiltrate the Met “at will”.
Asked to comment on the Tiberius report, a spokesman for Scotland Yard said: “The Metropolitan Police Service will not tolerate any behaviour by our officers and staff which could damage the trust placed in police by the public.
“We are determined to pursue corruption in all its forms and with all possible vigour.”
Is DCI Redwood a Freemason ?

The top brass of the Met are all Freemasons, members of some central London lodges.

Remember the investigation into the murder of Daniel Morgan (1987)? - five long reviews got nowhere - but then for the sixth review, all officers involved (at the insistence of the family) had to sign a statement that they did not and never had belonged to the Freemasons - and that review produced three arrests and three poeope charged! (see threads on this forum re Daniel Morgan)

(Unfortunately further corruption meant that the trial of these three men  - some with very high-level connections indeed  - had to be abandoned, a decision made by our new Director of Public Prosecutions, Alison Saunders - the one who when working for the Attorney-General recommended refusal of the familes' request for a second Inquest for the Hillsborough victims, thus delaying justice for the victims for over 20 years).

Saunders was also one of the two top CPS lawyers who visited Portugal about a year ago in the Madeleine McCann case. No-one has the foggiest idea why they went

In the Lee Balkwell case, I hold a statement from a retired Essex Police Officer who told us that all the corrupt senior coppers in Essex Police used to meet together at a Freemasons Lodge in Southend, every Thursday afternoon like clockwork, to conduct their dirty business.

____________________

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

avatar
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 14939
Reputation : 3019
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 70
Location : Shropshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum