The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Strange Rumours Circulating about Bernard Hogan Howe

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Strange Rumours Circulating about Bernard Hogan Howe

Post by Guest on 20.02.14 10:19

@Ladyinred wrote:The call to 5 Live is a blur now, but did anyone hear when I attempted to correct something that Nicky said about the Portugese police?

Can you tell us what question you asked and what the answer was LIR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 20.02.14 10:20

@Ladyinred wrote:The call to 5 Live is a blur now, but did anyone hear when I attempted to correct something that Nicky said about the Portugese police?
Was that when he made a gratuitous comment about the PJ messing up? I only heard you ask the question LIR.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.02.14 10:32

candyfloss wrote:

Candyfloss, I asked for an up-date on Operation Grange.  His reply was that it was progressing, then a conversation between BHH and Nicky about the investigation.  It seems he's going along with the parents' version.  You can hear it again shortly on BBC website.  My question is at about 9.50am.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03vcjg8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.02.14 10:56

@Ladyinred wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

Candyfloss, I asked for an up-date on Operation Grange.  His reply was that it was progressing, then a conversation between BHH and Nicky about the investigation.  It seems he's going along with the parents' version.  You can hear it again shortly on BBC website.  My question is at about 9.50am.

Thank you  thumbsup 

Back to top Go down

Forum member speaks to BHH

Post by Guest on 20.02.14 11:10

candyfloss wrote:
@Ladyinred wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

Thank you  thumbsup 
It's available to listen to now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin on 20.02.14 11:35

Well done Lady in Red ! clapping

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 20.02.14 11:36

Just listened LIR - you sounded fine.  BHH was less judgemental than that twit Nicky who was casting aspersions against the PJ from the off - didn`t let you have an opportunity to correct it.  BHH admitted they have names of suspects but hve different lines of enquiry to PJ but are making progress in working more together.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 20.02.14 11:56

@Woofer wrote:Just listened LIR - you sounded fine.  BHH was less judgemental than that twit Nicky who was casting aspersions against the PJ from the off - didn`t let you have an opportunity to correct it.  BHH admitted they have names of suspects but hve different lines of enquiry to PJ but are making progress in working more together.
Just shows the piss poor standards of the Biased Broadcasting Company when a presenter can jump in and put his miserable ill-informed spin on the matter first. Xenophobic too. A- palling. I hope the PJ hold firm against this tripe.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 20.02.14 12:09

(have posted the same on the other thread)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think the entire content of this question and answer is very very instructive and particuarly so since it is unarguably a comment on the record from the United Kingdon's most senior police officer, Bernard Hogan-Howe, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner.

Who has already stated on the record that his officers were not lying about Andrew Mitchell MP ('Plebgate Man') when in fact they were lying - and one of them has just been sent to jail for a year for lying.

(By the way, we can be pretty sure that Nicky Campbell and the BBC knew in advance that Ladyinred/Christine's question was going to be about the Madeleine McCann investigation. I have contributed on the 'phone lines of a number of programmes on controversial issues many times, and they always ask who you are and 'what do you want to say?' as a means of (a) checking that the caller is reasonably articulate and (b) knowing in advance what point is going to be raised. This is done to ensure so far as possible that there is a representative selection of views and that extremist or politically incorrect views are not allowed).

So, to the main points that were made, in the order that they were made:

1. BHH says: 'Grange, Operation Grange? - not heard about that one, we have so many operations...'

2. Nicky Campbell says: 'The Portuguese Police really, really messed up. didn't they?'

(Ladyinred/Christine is heard to say 'Yes' at this point)

3. BHH - we have sent 3 letters of request

4. BHH - to the judiciary and the police, 'that's the way things work in Portugal'

5. BHH - 'we are working closely together'

6. BHH - (on the record) 'we are working on different lines of enquiry' (he repeats this later for emphasis)

7. BHH - 'we are working together to resolve that' (i.e. we are working together to resolve the fact that we are working on totally different lines of enquiry (!))

8. BHH - 'the torment faced by the McCanns and...the terrible uncertainty is being lost in all of this' (plus more similar comments about the McCanns)

9. Nicky Campbell - 'are their suspects?': BHH - Yes (repeated later)

10. Nicky Campbell - 'do you have actual names?' - BHH - 'I am not going to answer that...we are following certain lines of enquiry'

11. BHH - 'not going to be judgmental about the Portuguese Police, about what they did or didn't do, we just need to get to work together'

12. BHH - 'so we are insist... (pauses, and changes the word he was going to use) ...achieving a genuine partnership...'

13. Nicky Campbell - 'If you had been in at the start of the investigation, would we have some results by now?' - BHH - 'well, unfair question to ask, mustn't be too judgmental...go to work together now etc.

14. BHH 'we are making 'some' progress

+++++++++++++++++++++++

So much to consider here, hope we can have a full transcript

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 20.02.14 12:20

How slimey and sycophantic is this, Nicky Campbell to BHH - "If you had been in at the start of the investigation, would we have some results by now?'   puke
Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.02.14 12:50

Nicky Campbell was appalling. What is the point of a phone in programme if you won't let the callers speak. He didn't give LIR a chance to put her view about the PJ or to ask any further questions. 

I've always been slightly optimistic but my faith has just plumeted to an all time low.

Well done LIR. Speaking live is really hard to do. I did it once many years ago and I'm still cringing.

Back to top Go down

Just an observation

Post by PeterMac on 20.02.14 12:55

Any negative comment by the English Police about the way the Portuguese police carried out the initial investigation is capable of being interpreted as
"If I / we had done it the parents would have been behind bars for the last 6 years.
The PJ were too soft, and too easily led by politicians and Mitchell, amongst others.
We would have followed the three rules
If in doubt, think Murder
Follow the money
Watch the family"

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Transcript of that Bernard Hogan Howe interview with Nicky Campbell

Post by worriedmum on 20.02.14 13:08

Christine in Cardiff:

Good morning, good morning Sir Bernard...I'd like to ask you on the progress of Operation Grange?

BHH: Right, we have a ,lots  of op operations so you're going to have..

Nicky :Operation Grange, just?
CiC: Operation Grange,
Nicky: Which is?
CiC: It's the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann
BHH :Ah right thank you for helping
CiC: That's okay

BHH.. but we do have a lot of operations in London so I'm sorry if I didn't recognise it immediately

Nicky :Portuguese police really messed up didn't they

BHH Yes (answering Cic)

Cic: Yes, no-er, what did you say Nicky?

BHH: Er I'm not going to respond to Nicky's comments let me just let me just help.Where we are at the moment ,we have sent three letters of request for international assistance to the Portuguese er judiciary because that's the way their system works and also with the police we are working closely with them obviously the Portuguese police have got a line of enquiry which is different to the Metropolitan Police's but we are working together to try and resolve that erm we're trying our best to keep the family informed and I think in the middle of all this quite often their torment gets lost, have they lost a child or, er,by being murdered,or sadly, or, have they lost a child by someone else stealing them..

Nicky: Awful..

BHH: Either way they've got that terrible uncertainty so we're all trying our best to help resolve that

Nicky: Do you have suspects?

BHH: Yes, we've said very clearly that you know we've got lines erm of enquiry that erm are different to the Portuguese Police and were working with them to try and resolve that, and I'm only gonna , you know that comment you made at the beginning about you know what they did or didn't do, we've got to work together on this  and I don't mean that as a naive,thing, I just think generally,we've genuinely got to work together,we can't police Portugal  they can't do everything over here we must work together, so we're insist..you know we really can work in genuine partnership on this,we're making some progress erm let's see how it comes over the next few months..

Nicky:If you'd been involved at the outset do you think you might have got further with this investigation?

BHH: Er I think that's a bit unfair,that would be unfair, I mean there's been inquiries in erm in the UK where we know that the police could have done better and I think to be too judgemental in these cases is, is wrong and I wasn't there and I'm not going to judge them the main thing we're all committed to is trying to find that little girl.

Nicky:And you have lines of enquiries, you have suspects, lines of enquiry, you have names ?

BHH:That's right...

Nicky : ...and I appreciate well ,how you can't at this stage,go any further, and have you spoken to those people ?..

BHH: Er I'm not going to go any further really because that's what you said you didn't want..
worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 20.02.14 14:24

@Tony Bennett wrote:(have posted the same on the other thread)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think the entire content of this question and answer is very very instructive and particuarly so since it is unarguably a comment on the record from the United Kingdon's most senior police officer, Bernard Hogan-Howe, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner.

Who has already stated on the record that his officers were not lying about Andrew Mitchell MP ('Plebgate Man') when in fact they were lying - and one of them has just been sent to jail for a year for lying.

(By the way, we can be pretty sure that Nicky Campbell and the BBC knew in advance that Ladyinred/Christine's question was going to be about the Madeleine McCann investigation. I have contributed on the 'phone lines of a number of programmes on controversial issues many times, and they always ask who you are and 'what do you want to say?' as a means of (a) checking that the caller is reasonably articulate and (b) knowing in advance what point is going to be raised. This is done to ensure so far as possible that there is a representative selection of views and that extremist or politically incorrect views are not allowed).

So, to the main points that were made, in the order that they were made:

1. BHH says: 'Grange, Operation Grange? - not heard about that one, we have so many operations...'

2. Nicky Campbell says: 'The Portuguese Police really, really messed up. didn't they?'

(Ladyinred/Christine is heard to say 'Yes' at this point)

3. BHH - we have sent 3 letters of request

4. BHH - to the judiciary and the police, 'that's the way things work in Portugal'

5. BHH - 'we are working closely together'

6. BHH - (on the record) 'we are working on different lines of enquiry' (he repeats this later for emphasis)

7. BHH - 'we are working together to resolve that' (i.e. we are working together to resolve the fact that we are working on totally different lines of enquiry (!))

8. BHH - 'the torment faced by the McCanns and...the terrible uncertainty is being lost in all of this' (plus more similar comments about the McCanns)

9. Nicky Campbell - 'are their suspects?': BHH - Yes (repeated later)

10. Nicky Campbell - 'do you have actual names?' - BHH - 'I am not going to answer that...we are following certain lines of enquiry'

11. BHH - 'not going to be judgmental about the Portuguese Police, about what they did or didn't do, we just need to get to work together'

12. BHH - 'so we are insist... (pauses, and changes the word he was going to use) ...achieving a genuine partnership...'

13. Nicky Campbell - 'If you had been in at the start of the investigation, would we have some results by now?' - BHH - 'well, unfair question to ask, mustn't be too judgmental...go to work together now etc.

14. BHH 'we are making 'some' progress

+++++++++++++++++++++++

So much to consider here, hope we can have a full transcript

Did I get it right that he does not know what operation Grange is and then follows to give opinions, spooned in by "Nicky"?

The sentence about the parents says enough.

Of course now we get the "he has to say that" etc

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 20.02.14 14:32

"Have they lost a child or, erm, by being murdered or, sadly, or have they lost a child by someone else stealing them. Either way they’ve got that terrible uncertainty so we’re all trying our best to help resolve that."

The poor innocent McCanns again, Hogan-Howe is doing a Redwood, and is joined at the hip with Jim Gamble et al in their sleazy objectives (imo).

As far as Operation Grange's remit and direction are concerned, the writing is on the wall folks!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 20.02.14 15:05

@pennylane wrote:"Have they lost a child or, erm, by being murdered or, sadly, or have they lost a child by someone else stealing them. Either way they’ve got that terrible uncertainty so we’re all trying our best to help resolve that."

The poor innocent McCanns again, Hogan-Howe is doing a Redwood, and is joined at the hip with Jim Gamble et al in their sleazy objectives (imo).

As far as Operation Grange's remit and direction are concerned, the writing is on the wall folks!

I bet he shat his pants after the interview as he nearly put his foot in it.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 20.02.14 15:36

BHH: Er I'm not going to respond to Nicky's comments let me just let me just help.Where we are at the moment ,we have sent three letters of request for international assistance to the Portuguese er judiciary because that's the way their system works and also with the police we are working closely with them obviously the Portuguese police have got a line of enquiry which is different to the Metropolitan Police's but we are working together to try and resolve that erm we're trying our best to keep the family informed and I think in the middle of all this quite often their torment gets lost, have they lost a child or, er,by being murdered,or sadly, or, have they lost a child by someone else stealing them..

This reads to me as if sy are chasing burglars and the pj are chasing the real culprits,but  sy want the pj to chase burglars as well.
tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 20.02.14 15:48

Interesting where he inserts the word `sadly` - not before being murdered, but before someone else stealing them.

"Have they lost a child or, erm, by being murdered or, sadly, or have they lost a child by someone else stealing them.

So he saying its not particularly sad if she`s been murdered but it is if someone else has stolen her.
Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 20.02.14 16:08

@aiyoyo wrote:
@pennylane wrote:"Have they lost a child or, erm, by being murdered or, sadly, or have they lost a child by someone else stealing them. Either way they’ve got that terrible uncertainty so we’re all trying our best to help resolve that."

I bet he shat his pants after the interview as he nearly put his foot in it.

When one hops on the mccann worm wagon.....  s*** happens! smilie

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The most interesting points IMO, bolded

Post by worriedmum on 20.02.14 16:15

@worriedmum wrote:Christine in Cardiff:

Good morning, good morning Sir Bernard...I'd like to ask you on the progress of Operation Grange?

BHH: Right, we have a ,lots  of op operations so you're going to have..

Nicky :Operation Grange, just?
CiC: Operation Grange,
Nicky: Which is?
CiC: It's the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann
BHH :Ah right thank you for helping
CiC: That's okay

BHH.. but we do have a lot of operations in London so I'm sorry if I didn't recognise it immediately

Nicky :Portuguese police really messed up didn't they

BHH Yes (answering Cic)

Cic: Yes, no-er, what did you say Nicky?

Nicky: Awful..

BHH: Either way they've got that terrible uncertainty so we're all trying our best to help resolve that

Nicky: Do you have suspects?

BHH: Yes, we've said very clearly that you know we've got lines erm of enquiry that erm are different to the Portuguese Police and were working with them to try and resolve that, and I'm only gonna , you know that comment you made at the beginning about you know what they did or didn't do, we've got to work together on this  and I don't mean that as a naive,thing, I just think generally,we've genuinely got to work together,we can't police Portugal  they can't do everything over here we must work together, so we're insist..you know we really can work in genuine partnership on this,we're making some progress erm let's see how it comes over the next few months..

Nicky:If you'd been involved at the outset do you think you might have got further with this investigation?

BHH: Er I think that's a bit unfair,that would be unfair, I mean there's been inquiries in erm in the UK where we know that the police could have done better and I think to be too judgemental in these cases is, is wrong and I wasn't there and I'm not going to judge them the main thing we're all committed to is trying to find that little girl.

Nicky:And you have lines of enquiries, you have suspects, lines of enquiry, you have names ?

BHH:That's right...

Nicky : ...and I appreciate well ,how you can't at this stage,go any further, and have you spoken to those people ?..

BHH: Er I'm not going to go any further really because that's what you said you didn't want..
With thanks to Christine.

I was amazed that BHH didn't recognise the investigation name.
worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

it is clearer when you listen to the interview,

Post by worriedmum on 20.02.14 16:19

@Woofer wrote:Interesting where he inserts the word `sadly` - not before being murdered, but before someone else stealing them.

"Have they lost a child or, erm, by being murdered or, sadly, or have they lost a child by someone else stealing them.

So he saying its not particularly sad if she`s been murdered but it is if someone else has stolen her.
in the interview it does  link with the  'murdered' comment..
worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 20.02.14 16:41

@worriedmum wrote:
@Woofer wrote:Interesting where he inserts the word `sadly` - not before being murdered, but before someone else stealing them.

Yes that's my understanding too - he adds 'sadly' as an afterthought to the murder comment, and then carries on again with "... or have they...".

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.02.14 18:11

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
@worriedmum wrote:

Yes that's my understanding too - he adds 'sadly' as an afterthought to the murder comment, and then carries on again with "... or have they...".
Who is the someone? In order for him to mention a someone else, there has to, in his mind, have been a SOMEONE....  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 20.02.14 19:03

"Have they lost a child or, erm, by being murdered or, sadly, or have they lost a child by someone else stealing them.''

Is he saying that there are  TWO people/sets of people being considered here?
worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.02.14 20:26

@worriedmum wrote:"Have they lost a child or, erm, by being murdered or, sadly, or have they lost a child by someone else stealing them.''

Is he saying that there are  TWO people/sets of people being considered here?

He does seem to be saying (paraphrasing) 'have they lost a child to murder or has someone else taken her?'. I.e., someone other than the McCanns may have taken her, the inference being that they themselves could have murdered her?? Surely not!

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum