The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

An old newspaper report - but is any more known & has it been discussed anywhere?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: An old newspaper report - but is any more known & has it been discussed anywhere?

Post by J4MM on 10.01.14 22:47

@Daisy wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@Daisy wrote: Aside from this, to the best of my knowledge no one else cut themselves nor did anyone die in the apartment.

This is without doubt the most perfect example of someone taking the PISS.
Yes that bit really struck me too. Like he's been instructed to say those very words. A statement that appears totally out of context.

I wouldn't imagine that these are his words verbatim; more likely a pre-written statement signed by him.

J4MM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An old newspaper report - but is any more known & has it been discussed anywhere?

Post by Daisy on 10.01.14 22:54

@J4MM wrote:
@Daisy wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@Daisy wrote: Aside from this, to the best of my knowledge no one else cut themselves nor did anyone die in the apartment.

This is without doubt the most perfect example of someone taking the PISS.
Yes that bit really struck me too. Like he's been instructed to say those very words. A statement that appears totally out of context.

I wouldn't imagine that these are his words verbatim; more likely a pre-written statement signed by him.
Yes, I see you're right. Still seems out of context though. Unless, he'd been asked direct questions relating to this statement:

Aside from this, to the best of my knowledge no one else cut themselves nor did anyone die in the apartment.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suep on 11.01.14 8:42

I’m not sure why people find this statement by PG odd.
Unknown sources of DNA were found in certain areas of the apartment. These needed to be identified and eliminated.
Previous occupants would be traced and interviewed and presumably swabs would be taken for comparison with the recovered DNA.
An obvious line of questioning would include whether a previous occupant or member of their family shed any blood whilst staying in the apartment. All PG is doing here is effectively saying he doesn't think anyone else staying there with him cut themselves.
This statement was taken in April 2008 after the cadaver dog, Eddie, had indicated the presence of cadaverine, therefore the police would have to ask all previous occupants if anyone died in the apartment while they were there...just another routine elimination process that had to be documented.
The point I made earlier about the potential subject’s DNA being found where it shouldn't have been should have been a bit more explicit. The DNA must have been from a known individual otherwise how would they know that said individual should not have been in the area where their DNA was found?
Any previous occupant of 5A would have had legitimate access to ALL areas. Therefore the DNA in question couldn't have been that of previous occupant…assuming, of course, that the report in the Mirror newspaper contained the truth in the first place.

BTW there was no need to apologise earlier, Ultima, since no offence was taken. And thank you for construing my pedantry as logic!

suep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 11.01.14 9:53

Using logic, if it's a known person's DNA, one of the only places I can think of DNA being found where it shouldn't be, is in the drain of the bathtub, or in/on a bed.

If it's a person who was known to stay in 5A, then it would be logical to find their DNA everywhere.

If it was a visitor to 5A, their DNA could conceivably be found everywhere, including on a bed, if they'd sat on the bed. Unless the DNA came from something like bodily fluids, in which case, this is something that shouldn't have been found on or in a bed. Or in a drain.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.01.14 10:38

@canada12 wrote:Using logic, if it's a known person's DNA, one of the only places I can think of DNA being found where it shouldn't be, is in the drain of the bathtub, or in/on a bed.

If it's a person who was known to stay in 5A, then it would be logical to find their DNA everywhere.

If it was a visitor to 5A, their DNA could conceivably be found everywhere, including on a bed, if they'd sat on the bed. Unless the DNA came from something like bodily fluids, in which case, this is something that shouldn't have been found on or in a bed. Or in a drain.

You may want to read this.....

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PORTUGUESE-FORENSIC.htm

and this, bottom of the page..........

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JOHN_LOWE.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 11.01.14 21:50

I still don't understand what he means by 'the more correct decision'...
worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum