The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Libel Trial 7th Jan Postponed - confirmed Mm11

Libel Trial 7th Jan Postponed - confirmed Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Libel Trial 7th Jan Postponed - confirmed Mm11

Libel Trial 7th Jan Postponed - confirmed Regist10

Libel Trial 7th Jan Postponed - confirmed

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Libel Trial 7th Jan Postponed - confirmed Empty Libel Trial 7th Jan Postponed - confirmed

Post by Tangled Web 06.01.14 23:31

Hope it's ok to post this here before definite confirmation. I've just been on the Hideho Facebook page and, apparently, Lizzy has heard from a trusted source that the trial has been postponed...
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Libel Trial 7th Jan Postponed - confirmed Empty Re: Libel Trial 7th Jan Postponed - confirmed

Post by Guest 06.01.14 23:51

Just seen that too.
Very disappointing. Am I being too optimistic thinking it has some relevance to the postings on official page yesterday.
Poor Goncalo Amaral.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Libel Trial 7th Jan Postponed - confirmed Empty Re: Libel Trial 7th Jan Postponed - confirmed

Post by sallypelt 06.01.14 23:52

@jontaito Toast 1m
Trial postponed for 3 days of national mourning for Eusebio. No intrigue, no spin. #mccann
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.01.14 23:54

Oh thanks. Relief.
Nice for eusebio to be honoured.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 06.01.14 23:55

Portugal has declared three days of national mourning for the footballer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25621432
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 07.01.14 0:13

And bless Wikipedia. As up-to-date as tomorrow's newspapers.

"The former President of Mozambique and childhood friend Joaquim Chissano said that "it is with a feeling of great utter sadness that I get the news of his death. I lost a friend, when we were kids we used to play together, we played football together. He was almost family. Portuguese football lost one of his references. Football connected Portugal and Mozambique. Eusébio was a pride to the Mozambican people. Through sport, Eusébio was one of the ambassadors for Mozambique. His deeds will live on."[26]

Following Eusébio's death, the Portuguese government declared three national days of mourning.[27]

A Mass will be offered in his remembering on 6 January 2014 in Igreja do Seminário do Largo da Luz"

END
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eus%C3%A9bio

sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 07.01.14 0:24

sallypelt wrote:@jontaito Toast   1m
Trial postponed for 3 days of national mourning for Eusebio. No intrigue, no spin. #mccann

Is this true or someone's guess?
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 07.01.14 0:27

littlepixie wrote:
sallypelt wrote:@jontaito Toast   1m

Is this true or someone's guess?

The three days of mourning is true.
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 07.01.14 0:29

As trulysenile has recently used her scum cop alias to proclaim that 'of course the trial won't be postponed for a footballer fgs' thus implying that anyone who doesn't share her warped view of the world is a numpty, I think we can take it that tomorrow's hearing will be postponed due to Portugal's three days national mourning for Eusebio, RIP.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 07.01.14 0:38

1. Goncalo_Amoral@Scum_Cop_Amoral 43m
    @JBLittlemore @dienoctuque @Dantew28 @DaSteelMan ~ he was a footballer fgs. No it isn't due to his demise Littlemore old chap #mccann
  2. Libel Trial 7th Jan Postponed - confirmed Af8a163a7affa16c3ee63ca136c42e1a_normalGoncalo_Amoral@Scum_Cop_Amoral 46m
    Goodnight all. Tomorrow is another day. Now who said that? #mccann

3. Libel Trial 7th Jan Postponed - confirmed Af8a163a7affa16c3ee63ca136c42e1a_normal Goncalo_Amoral@Scum_Cop_Amoral 48m
    @dienoctuque @Dantew28 @JBLittlemore @DaSteelMan ~ don't think courts would not sit because of a footballer. How ridiculous! #mccann

View conversation
  4. Libel Trial 7th Jan Postponed - confirmed Af8a163a7affa16c3ee63ca136c42e1a_normalGoncalo_Amoral@Scum_Cop_Amoral 50m
    @DaSteelMan ~ you'll find out soon enough. get to sleep & stop worrying. Ammy's been rumbled #mccann

Poor old thing's gone to bed believing she's right - no change there then. 

Wonder how the great know it all will spin this in the morning?   big grin
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.01.14 1:35

she sleeps??!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 07.01.14 2:00

I don't believe that Redwood has ever been too close to the McCanns. He still looks too well and healthy and he didn't age at all.
It was not the case of Amaral's, who looked tired and less well for a long time, it was not the case of his lawyer Cabrita who got the Mexican flu, absolutely not the case of Mitchell who aged a extremely lot, and the McCanns too.

People who deal directly or indirectly with the couple, are always at risk.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 07.01.14 6:16

Bellisa wrote:she sleeps??!

Upside down in a belfry.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Libel Trial 7th Jan Postponed - confirmed Empty Libel Trial 7th Jan Postponed

Post by Janetta 07.01.14 6:48

Wish we had an up and down arrow to like or dislike a post.  The reply above is a classic.  I could not stop laughing!
Janetta

Activity : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.01.14 7:50

I think it has nothing to do with the 3 days of mourning, although I don't know how reliable this is..........

UK Justice Forum ‏@Justice_forum
latest: #McCann vs Gonçalo Amaral libel hearing due to take place in Lisbon later this morning has been postponed. More to follow...

UK Justice Forum ‏@Justice_forum
#McCann vs Gonçalo Amaral libel hearing due to take place today postponed while judge considers legal argument on behalf of plaintiffs

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 07.01.14 7:58

Smokeandmirrors wrote:

Upside down in a belfry.
As always S&M brilliant.  clapping 
How wholesome it is to rise to a good laugh. The day has started well. At this rate, at the gracious age of 71 heading onto 72 she has 28 years to fly in and out, entertaining us all with her predictions, before she gets her letter from the Queen.
On a more serious note.
I don't follow football at all, but it is so good to see that a boy from an ordinary background can become a person so beloved by so many people, for what he 'gave to society', not for what he 'took from it', and that he is so respected.
I don't recall any unanimity when Mrs. T. passed on, and now the 'papers of the time' are being exposed for their lies and intrigue re the miners' strike, just as Scargill (imprisoned for such) and many others, openly tried to argue at the time.
It is from the ranks of the ordinary people still, that true love and respect is shown.
RIP a national hero uniting nations.  roses 
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.01.14 8:28

candyfloss wrote:I think it has nothing to do with the 3 days of mourning, although I don't know how reliable this is..........

UK Justice Forum  ‏@Justice_forum  
latest: #McCann vs Gonçalo Amaral libel hearing due to take place in Lisbon later this morning has been postponed.  More to follow...

#McCann vs Gonçalo Amaral libel hearing due to take place today postponed while judge considers legal argument on behalf of plaintiffs

Confirmation from Jerry Lawton now.......

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 42s
Final day of #mccann £1m libel action against former detective Goncalo Amaral adjourned

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.01.14 8:37

Smokeandmirrors wrote:

Upside down in a belfry.

laugh 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.01.14 8:40

candyfloss wrote:I think it has nothing to do with the 3 days of mourning, although I don't know how reliable this is..........

latest: #McCann vs Gonçalo Amaral libel hearing due to take place in Lisbon later this morning has been postponed.  More to follow...

Legal argument at this stage? Maybe they're now insisting they be heard as witnesses. Let's wait and see
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 07.01.14 8:50

If they are "arguing" to be heard then I hope Madam Judge allows it and makes her decision before the weekend papers.   titter 

If it is allowed I believe we wont be seeing pics of them with smiley faces then.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.01.14 9:09

Smokeandmirrors wrote:

Upside down in a belfry.

spit coffee 

I can feel a bonnybraes moment coming on....

rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 07.01.14 9:25

Does anybody know what sort of 'legal argument' the judge could be considering on behalf of the plaintiff's???
Tangled Web

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 07.01.14 9:39

Breakfast News this morning (around 7am GMT) announced the libel trial resuming today in Lisbon. An old photograph of K&G arriving at the Lisbon Court was shown and an old photo of GA (when he was heavier) was also shown.

You have to ask yourself why this was announced in the first place.

Bizarre as usual.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 07.01.14 9:52

aquila wrote:Breakfast News this morning (around 7am GMT) announced the libel trial resuming today in Lisbon. An old photograph of K&G arriving at the Lisbon Court was shown and an old photo of GA (when he was heavier) was also shown.

You have to ask yourself why this was announced in the first place.

Bizarre as usual.

Yes, after a few tweets here and there during the whole trial, why is it now all over the news? I don't believe that ITV etc. didn't know it had been postponed.
Tangled Web

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 07.01.14 10:07

Tangled Web wrote:Does anybody know what sort of 'legal argument' the judge could be considering on behalf of the plaintiff's???

Perhaps they're trying to withdraw their allegations and have the case thrown out on the basis that they've now changed their minds.

Not likely, but you never know. Can you withdraw your allegations once a libel case has begun to be heard in court in Portugal?
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top