The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Media Lockdown Continues?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Media Lockdown Continues?

Post by Okeydokey on 05.01.14 2:24

What is going on with our news?

We know that McCann stories sell - probably as well as Princess Kate stories do.

We know that this last week we have had a significant development "Saints Gerry and Kate not allowed to give evidence by cruel/incompetent Portugese". So where are the stories this Sunday?

I just wish to draw attention to how odd this is.  I just get the feeling there is major news management going on here.

Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Re: Media Lockdown Continues?

Post by Piggybacker on 05.01.14 3:28

The MSM seems to have been managed from the word go. It would seem the Uk, Eire and Australia have been fed the same old garbage. I wonder what news the rest of Europe receives, if any at all..

Rememeber there is one positive to focus on .......the Fund has finally been shut down...that must mean something!..

Unless of course it's just shut now since SY has taken over the investigation and they no longer need to hire their own PI's.

Piggybacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.01.14 5:14

Okeydokey wrote:What is going on with our news?

We know that McCann stories sell - probably as well as Princess Kate stories do.

We know that this last week we have had a significant development "Saints Gerry and Kate not allowed to give evidence by cruel/incompetent Portugese". So where are the stories this Sunday?

I just wish to draw attention to how odd this is.  I just get the feeling there is major news management going on here.

Couldn't agree with you more Okeydokey, this is from a poster on Spivy:

Consider this quote from John Swinton, former Chief of Staff for the New York Times in an address to the New York Press club.

“There is no such thing, at this date of the world’s history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an independent press? We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes.” John Swinton, former Chief of Staff, The New York Times.

IMO, as it is in America so it is in Great Britain!!

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 05.01.14 5:35

Another great topic!   I must copy that speech.

@okeydokey.  The printed  media seem to toe the line here but after the latest CW  fiction, one investigative journalist spoke out against the official story on prime time TV.  A PI - paid for by a Dutch  equivalent of Facebook in 2007 - who went to PdL in the early days to investigate  came to the conclusion she was almost certainly dead.
He was interviewed after CW aired and said as much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.01.14 5:54

Yes tigger, a man telling the truth and being honest about the world of journalisam.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Shuffle on 05.01.14 7:46

The German Version of The Sun are running the kidnapped by burglars Story today  duh

Silver Shuffle

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 05.01.14 9:33

Silver Shuffle wrote:The German Version of The Sun are running the kidnapped by burglars Story today  duh

The Bild?

Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.01.14 9:59

This is always a good source of how the papers copy each other and how Mitchell maniplates the series
type in
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Current+Affairs/Crime/Notorious+Cases/Madeleine+McCann

You can search on anything else as well, of course
and then you can click on the links and bring them up in a new window. Brilliant. Or deadly, depending where you are sitting !

In the last 8 hours
Madeleine police are urged to hunt Ocean Club thief Daily and Sunday Express 04:08

Earlier today
Madeleine McCann: Three burglars are prime suspects in hunt for missing girl... Mirror.co.uk 02:35
New lead in Madeleine McCann case Stuff.co.nz 02:30

Yesterday
Madeleine McCann: Three ‘Suspects’ And Meeting Harry Redknapp Anorak.co.uk 21:56 Sat, 04 Jan 2014
Three new suspects in Madeleine McCann abduction case New Zealand Herald 19:51 Sat, 04 Jan 2014
Madeleine McCann: 3 suspects identified, says Daily Mail AGI.it 18:58 Sat, 04 Jan 2014
McCanns refused permission to testify at Portuguese libel trial The Irish Independent 03:37 Sat, 04 Jan 2014
Madeleine McCann's parents left furious after court gags them from giving evidence Daily Star 01:08 Sat, 04 Jan 2014

In the last 7 days
Police identify three prime suspects for abduction of Madeleine McCann following analysis... Daily Mail 23:36 Fri, 03 Jan 2014
Madeleine McCann Parents In Court Setback Sky News 22:43 Fri, 03 Jan 2014
McCanns Refused Permission To Give Evidence At Libel Trial The Huffington Post UK 20:46 Fri, 03 Jan 2014
McCanns denied chance to testify at libel trial The Irish Independent 20:25 Fri, 03 Jan 2014
McCanns denied chance to testify Worksop Guardian 20:09 Fri, 03 Jan 2014
Madeleine McCann parents cannot give evidence at detective's libel trial, judge rules Daily and Sunday Express 15:02 Fri, 03 Jan 2014
Madeleine McCann: New mobile phone information could hold key to child's disappearance Mirror.co.uk 01:05 Tue, 31 Dec 2013

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Shuffle on 05.01.14 10:05

Okeydokey wrote:
Silver Shuffle wrote:The German Version of The Sun are running the kidnapped by burglars Story today  duh

The Bild?
Express, just as bad as The Bild  smilie

Silver Shuffle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.01.14 10:07

Okeydokey wrote:What is going on with our news?

Andrew Marr this sunday morning conspicuously ignored the full pic of the Mecs on the front page of the Observer, shoved under his nose

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 05.01.14 12:22

snipped from Cherry B's post:

"
IMO, as it is in America so it is in Great Britain!! "

IMO too

plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout on 05.01.14 12:25

A few reasons why .

1  The Weather , its all about storms at the moment . [ especially people risking life and limb doing foolish things near the sea !! ]

2 . The public have actually tired of the papers constant NONE McCann stories , there is a breaking point . 

3 When they lose the Libel case [ which they should ] then the MSM will hit the McCann button again .

4 This SY ' imo  LEAK " was a cheeky shot before Tuesday's resumption , and to counter G&K refusal to be heard in Portugal .

Finally a question needs to be asked in Parliament, SY  or , to the Local Leicestershire MP, as to how much more time and expense is to be given to this case , and when ,which is normal practice ,are the tapas lot and the McCann's going to be re interviewed . as ten Million for  absolutely nothing is taking the Pi@@ .
stillsloppingout

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 05.01.14 12:29

snipped from SSO's post:

"
 Finally a question needs to be asked in Parliament, SY  or , to the Local Leicestershire MP, as to how much more time and expense is to be given to this case , and when ,which is normal practice ,are the tapas lot and the McCann's going to be re interviewed . as ten Million for  absolutely nothing is taking the Pi@@" 

Agree.   clapping 

plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna on 05.01.14 14:53

Strange to say, Portia, when our copy of the 'Observer' was delivered this morning, I looked for that big smiley picture of the McCanns on the front page, and it had been replaced by a picture of two girls wading through floodwater!  I believe we get a late edition. The amusing and wry anchor woman and newspaper reviewer on Sky rolling news last night, Lukwesa Burak, held up the 'Observer' front page with the big economic article on, and specifically referred to the large picture beside it... 'Oh ... Here's a picture of the McCanns, looking very happy, of course'. Why was that picture on the front page? McCanns go to football match isn't newsworthy enough for a front page, even for a Labour-leaning Sunday paper!

comperedna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.01.14 16:32

comperedna5 wrote:Strange to say, Portia, when our copy of the 'Observer' was delivered this morning, I looked for that big smiley picture of the McCanns on the front page, and it had been replaced by a picture of two girls wading through floodwater!  I believe we get a late edition. The amusing and wry anchor woman and newspaper reviewer on Sky rolling news last night, Lukwesa Burak, held up the 'Observer' front page with the big economic article on, and specifically referred to the large picture beside it... 'Oh ... Here's a picture of the McCanns, looking very happy, of course'. Why was that picture on the front page? McCanns go to football match isn't newsworthy enough for a front page, even for a Labour-leaning Sunday paper!

Ouch!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.01.14 17:00

comperedna5 wrote:Strange to say, Portia, when our copy of the 'Observer' was delivered this morning, I looked for that big smiley picture of the McCanns on the front page, and it had been replaced by a picture of two girls wading through floodwater!  I believe we get a late edition. The amusing and wry anchor woman and newspaper reviewer on Sky rolling news last night, Lukwesa Burak, held up the 'Observer' front page with the big economic article on, and specifically referred to the large picture beside it... 'Oh ... Here's a picture of the McCanns, looking very happy, of course'. Why was that picture on the front page? McCanns go to football match isn't newsworthy enough for a front page, even for a Labour-leaning Sunday paper!

Looking very happy OF COURSE?

After all that garbage about being devastated because their own lawyer apparently forgot to get them an audience with the Court on the 7th?

Cheeky ms Burak!

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 05.01.14 17:19

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Consider this quote from John Swinton, former Chief of Staff for the New York Times in an address to the New York Press club.

“There is no such thing, at this date of the world’s history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an independent press? We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes.” John Swinton, former Chief of Staff, The New York Times.

Agreed.
Thank You so much Cherry Blossom!   roses  I read this quote years ago and haven't been able to find it since, despite searching many times. I couldn't remember the name John Swinton nor the newspaper he worked for.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.01.14 17:26

Cheeky Ms. Burak. Don't know her, never heard or saw her, already love her ....  winkwink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.01.14 5:46

Daisy wrote:
Cherry Blossom wrote:

Agreed.
Thank You so much Cherry Blossom!   roses  I read this quote years ago and haven't been able to find it since, despite searching many times. I couldn't remember the name John Swinton nor the newspaper he worked for.

Your welcome Daisy   roses

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna on 06.01.14 16:01

Anyone who watches Sky rolling news for a lot of the night as I do...don't ask... gets to welcome the disappearance of the ads and the arrival of Ms Burak with her smile, and her dimples, and her,wry expressions which say nowt, but give you an impression of what she is thinking.

comperedna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.01.14 16:55

yes true comperendna5, i am also surprised she made such a remark as I notice when she's showing newspaper covers she passes very quickly over ones where claims are made on someones personal life.I like her presenting.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum