The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Mm11

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Regist10

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by tiny on 03.01.14 12:54

@Truthandjustice wrote:I assume the judge has heard enough.  If the Mc's were unable to produce professionally qualified witnesses to back up their claims then their own personal statements will add nothing.  I am glad they have been denied the opportunity for more media manipulation because the press would have been all over it.
Can you imagine what the press will write about this now.poor mccanns  and more poor mccanns.

they had no intention of going on the stand it was all a bluff ,so I am for one disappionted that they are not allowed to speak.
tiny
tiny

Posts : 2274
Activity : 2311
Likes received : 4
Join date : 2010-02-03

Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by jeanmonroe on 03.01.14 13:02

Sallypet wrote:
"but it was just hearsay,"
---------------------------------------------------------------

As was all their 'witnesses' brilliant 'evidence' given on their behalf!

I hope Emma Loach has 'found' all the many copies of GA's book, in the UK book shops, everywhere!

And brings them to court on Tuesday, just to prove she didn't 'fib' in her court 'evidence' you'll understand.
avatar
jeanmonroe

Posts : 5818
Activity : 7756
Likes received : 1674
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by tiny on 03.01.14 13:05

@jeanmonroe wrote:Sallypet wrote:
"but it was just hearsay,"
---------------------------------------------------------------

As was all their 'witnesses' brilliant 'evidence' given on their behalf!

I hope Emma Loach has 'found' all the many copies of GA's book, in the UK book shops, everywhere!

And brings them to court on Tuesday, just to prove she didn't 'fib' in her court 'evidence' you'll understand.

Piss poor witnesses to be exactMccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 110921they were the mccanns downfall
tiny
tiny

Posts : 2274
Activity : 2311
Likes received : 4
Join date : 2010-02-03

Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by Cristobell on 03.01.14 13:06

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:I don't know how much truth is in this, but this was tweeted within the last few minutes:

@scrantlings LizzyF   7m
“@skymartinbrunt: #madeleine Kate and Gerry McCann refused permission to give evidence next week in Lisbon libel trial #McCann

Edited to confirm that it has been tweeted on Martin Brunt's Twitter page



What a shame!  I would have liked to have heard what they had to say.  I wonder if Goncalo Amaral has also had his request refused?

Wasn't it written evidence that the McCann's wanted to give?




I thought they wanted to go in the witness box Sally, but I may be wrong.  It would have made great theatre, which might be the reason the Judge turned them down.

Conveniently forgetting to tell people that they were NOT on the 'witness' list at any time.

And conveniently 'forgetting' that they could have 'over ruled' their lawyer ID and gone into the witness box on the very first day, if they had wanted to be heard 'personally'

Another example of their crazy risk taking I think Jean. They will of course use this to say the Portuguese hate them (because of Goncalo Amaral) and they weren't given a fair trial. As you say, the fact that it was always within their power to give evidence in the witness box will probably be overlooked.
avatar
Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Activity : 2552
Likes received : 6
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by jeanmonroe on 03.01.14 13:27

Cristobell wrote:
As you say, the fact that it was always within their power to give evidence in the witness box will probably be overlooked.
____________________________________________________________

NOT BY US FORUM 'NUTTERS'!

 big grin laughat big grin winkwink 
avatar
jeanmonroe

Posts : 5818
Activity : 7756
Likes received : 1674
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by Guest on 03.01.14 13:35

@Cristobell wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:I don't know how much truth is in this, but this was tweeted within the last few minutes:

@scrantlings LizzyF   7m
“@skymartinbrunt: #madeleine Kate and Gerry McCann refused permission to give evidence next week in Lisbon libel trial #McCann

Edited to confirm that it has been tweeted on Martin Brunt's Twitter page



What a shame!  I would have liked to have heard what they had to say.  I wonder if Goncalo Amaral has also had his request refused?

Wasn't it written evidence that the McCann's wanted to give?




I thought they wanted to go in the witness box Sally, but I may be wrong.  It would have made great theatre, which might be the reason the Judge turned them down.

Conveniently forgetting to tell people that they were NOT on the 'witness' list at any time.

And conveniently 'forgetting' that they could have 'over ruled' their lawyer ID and gone into the witness box on the very first day, if they had wanted to be heard 'personally'

Another example of their crazy risk taking I think Jean.  They will of course use this to say the Portuguese hate them (because of Goncalo Amaral) and they weren't given a fair trial.  As you say, the fact that it was always within their power to give evidence in the witness box will probably be overlooked.

But they were never the ones on trial - Amaral was. They chose their own witnesses and for reasons best known to themselves, they chose not to exercise their right to appear on the stand. If the judge denies both the McCanns and Amaral the right to be heard at this late stage, I don't see how either party can complain they have been unjustly treated. They knew the rules at the beginning.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by cass7 on 03.01.14 13:37

@tiny wrote:
@Truthandjustice wrote:I assume the judge has heard enough.  If the Mc's were unable to produce professionally qualified witnesses to back up their claims then their own personal statements will add nothing.  I am glad they have been denied the opportunity for more media manipulation because the press would have been all over it.
Can you imagine what the press will write about this now.poor mccanns  and more poor mccanns.

they had no intention of going on the stand it was all a bluff ,so I am for one disappionted that they are not allowed to speak.tiny im with you on this one - none stop pity party for months and months 
cass7
cass7

Posts : 137
Activity : 143
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by cass7 on 03.01.14 13:38

cocked up quote - it will be buckets at the ready too omg
cass7
cass7

Posts : 137
Activity : 143
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by tiny on 03.01.14 13:55

Any one know if Mr Amaral has been refused too
tiny
tiny

Posts : 2274
Activity : 2311
Likes received : 4
Join date : 2010-02-03

Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Daily Express online

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.01.14 14:09

Daily Express already covering this:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/451814/Madeleine-McCann-parents-cannot-give-evidence-at-detective-s-libel-trial-judge-rules

The McCanns are 'DISAPPOINTED' and believe they have 'THE RIGHT TO GIVE EVIDENCE'.

Express says Goncalo Amaral won't be able to give evidence in his own defence either.

Quote, Dr Gerald McCann: 

"My wife Kate and I know better than anyone else what we have experienced and what we have gone through and the damage that has been caused to the search for Madeleine."

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 16131
Activity : 23773
Likes received : 3579
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 73
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by Guest on 03.01.14 14:17

@Tony Bennett wrote:

Quote, Dr Gerald McCann: 

"My wife Kate and I know better than anyone else what we have experienced and what we have gone through and the damage that has been caused to the search for Madeleine."

He's not wrong.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by jeanmonroe on 03.01.14 14:17

But they were never the ones on trial - Amaral was.
--------------------------------------------------------

was, is, he?

I believe the libel action (civil) puts the onus on the party, in this case the McCanns and their THREE children, bringing the action to establish the un-truth of allegations made. In the UK, the onus is the other way; on the party accused of libel to establish the truth of a statement alleged to libel.
avatar
jeanmonroe

Posts : 5818
Activity : 7756
Likes received : 1674
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by cass7 on 03.01.14 14:18

the express at least have said that everything ga has said is in the files - hope that people go looking for the files - also the abduction is long gone to missing  spin
cass7
cass7

Posts : 137
Activity : 143
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by Guest on 03.01.14 14:21

@cass7 wrote:the express at least have said that everything ga has said is in the files - hope that people go looking for the files - also the abduction is long gone to missing  spin

They also cite the injunction against the book whilst failing to mention it's subsequent reversal.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by plebgate on 03.01.14 14:21

@jeanmonroe wrote:Cristobell wrote:
As you say, the fact that it was always within their power to give evidence in the witness box will probably be overlooked.
____________________________________________________________

NOT BY US FORUM 'NUTTERS'!

 big grin laughat big grin winkwink 
Agreed.   

I still cannot quite believe that the witnesses were asked and agreed to speak on their behalf.

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
avatar
plebgate

Posts : 6728
Activity : 8937
Likes received : 2123
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by jeanmonroe on 03.01.14 14:23

Quote, Dr Gerald McCann:

"My wife Kate and I know better than anyone else what we have experienced and what we have gone through and the damage that has been caused to the search for Madeleine."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That will be the 'damage that has been caused to the search' by SY/MET witholding an e-fit of a POI that could have led to the possible recovery of their daughter, for 2 years 2 months!
avatar
jeanmonroe

Posts : 5818
Activity : 7756
Likes received : 1674
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by plebgate on 03.01.14 14:24

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

Quote, Dr Gerald McCann: 

"My wife Kate and I know better than anyone else what we have experienced and what we have gone through and the damage that has been caused to the search for Madeleine."

He's not wrong.
so why didn't they swim the channel, run and ride the whole distance if need be at the beginning of the hearing to let everyone know?

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
avatar
plebgate

Posts : 6728
Activity : 8937
Likes received : 2123
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by Okeydokey on 03.01.14 14:27

LORRAINE: Now, Kate, it must have been a terrible shorck for you to discover the Portugese authorities were nort going to allow you the chance to give evidence in your own libel trial. What were they thinking? How unfair is that! It must have come as a real blow to you both, but you in particular Kate...

KATE: Well erm you know [Squeezes Gerry's hand] it was erm difficult. Because this is not just about an abducted child, you know it's also about...

GERRY: ...the right to speak up about injustice. We've always supported the right of people to speak up, not to spread lies of course...that's why we support families of missing children who have been falsely accused even though there's no evidence...in many cases for years and years until the child is found again...

Well I can hear the interview!
avatar
Okeydokey

Posts : 938
Activity : 1013
Likes received : 31
Join date : 2013-10-18

Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by Guest on 03.01.14 14:28

@jeanmonroe wrote:But they were never the ones on trial - Amaral was.
--------------------------------------------------------

was, is, he?

I believe the libel action (civil) puts the onus on the party, in this case the McCanns and their THREE children, bringing the action to establish the un-truth of allegations made.  In the UK, the onus is the other way; on the party accused of libel to establish the truth of a statement alleged to libel.

I know that, Jean, but the McCanns are the ones who brought the case, and they brought it against Amaral. However, having done so it is up to them to make their case and if they really thought it so important to their argument that they give evidence in person, it is baffling that they waited until they no longer had the automatic right to be heard to apply to do this. I wonder what they say has changed since their initial decision not to appear? Whatever it is, presumably the judge does not think that anything they have to add will change anything.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by plebgate on 03.01.14 14:30

the judge might have allowed a last minute witness had it been a doctor/psychiatrist who could give evidence of the damage to their health blah blah they have suffered?
avatar
plebgate

Posts : 6728
Activity : 8937
Likes received : 2123
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by cass7 on 03.01.14 14:30

oh the pity party has begun - thing is how many press and tv people will turn up to the mcanns party - hope there is another party if ga wins
cass7
cass7

Posts : 137
Activity : 143
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by Guest on 03.01.14 14:35

@Tony Bennett wrote:

Quote, Dr Gerald McCann: 

"My wife Kate and I know better than anyone else what we have experienced and what we have gone through and the damage that has been caused to the search for Madeleine."

Why does he feel the need to prefix "Kate" with the words "My wife"? Is there another significant "Kate" in his life? His girlfriend? His pet budgie?

Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by cass7 on 03.01.14 14:38

Poe wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

Quote, Dr Gerald McCann: 

"My wife Kate and I know better than anyone else what we have experienced and what we have gone through and the damage that has been caused to the search for Madeleine."

Why does he feel the need to prefix "Kate" with the words "My wife"?  Is there another significant "Kate" in his life? His girlfriend? His pet budgie?

maybe he has read forum gossip that they are no longer together  big grin 
cass7
cass7

Posts : 137
Activity : 143
Likes received : 0
Join date : 2013-01-31

Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by jeanmonroe on 03.01.14 14:49

@Tony Bennett wrote:Daily Express already covering this:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/451814/Madeleine-McCann-parents-cannot-give-evidence-at-detective-s-libel-trial-judge-rules

The McCanns are 'DISAPPOINTED' and believe they have 'THE RIGHT TO GIVE EVIDENCE'.

Express says Goncalo Amaral won't be able to give evidence in his own defence either.

Quote, Dr Gerald McCann: 

"My wife Kate and I know better than anyone else what we have experienced and what we have gone through and the damage that has been caused to the search for Madeleine."

The couple wanted to take the stand to give explain how Amaral's book about the Madeleine case had left them devastated.

"HAD"??? or 'still has', or 'doesn't NOW'? (leave them 'devastated')

The libel trial began last September and had has heard how Mrs McCann contemplated suicide after Amaral's book was published.
British psychologist Alan Pike, who counselled Madeleine's mother, said she confessed to secret "dark thoughts" about suicide after the book came out.

Clarence Mitchell said: "It is beyond offensive to suggest Kate #McCann is suicidal. SHE IS NOT" http://t.co/5ypx1e0tZB
Sep 22, 2013 11:31:27 GMT
avatar
jeanmonroe

Posts : 5818
Activity : 7756
Likes received : 1674
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Mccann's refused permission to give evidence - Page 2 Empty Re: Mccann's refused permission to give evidence

Post by jeanmonroe on 03.01.14 15:20

"My wife Kate and I know better than anyone else what we have experienced and what we have gone through especially when that nasty foreign reporter asked us"

"What evidence do you have that there was an abduction"?

"And my wife Kate told him, because she knew, she was there, she found my daughter gone. She knew more than he did. She knew what she saw, including the 'smashed shutters' she told Jon about, 5 hours later, which i and the MW resort manager, Mr Hill, didn't personally see when i and others were raising and lowering them, from outside, with our bare hands without leaving a single 'fingerprint' of ours on them."

"So, my wife Kate and I know better than anyone else what........"
avatar
jeanmonroe

Posts : 5818
Activity : 7756
Likes received : 1674
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum