The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Abductor types - who are we expected to believe could be responsible?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Abductor types - who are we expected to believe could be responsible?

Post by Guest on 03.01.14 14:55

This case has been mentioned somewhere else recently. It wasn't a very rare stranger attack - this man was known to the family. Some details were withheld to prevent identification of the victim.

I did wonder how on earth he knew that the girl was in the bath and was able to gain access to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.01.14 15:07

Another question arises:

How many people were inspired by the Maddie McCann Abduction Saga into fantasizing/wanting/implementing and perpetrating a similar outrage; just because over the past six years it has been drummed into our minds that it can easily be done without any consequences for the perpetrator?

Copycatting, in short?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.01.14 15:10

Karen Matthews might have been influenced into thinking she could get money out of a child's alleged disappearance.

I can't think of any cases where a child has genuinely been abducted by someone influenced by the McCann one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 on 04.01.14 14:05

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:This case has been mentioned somewhere else recently. It wasn't a very rare stranger attack - this man was known to the family. Some details were withheld to prevent identification of the victim.

I did wonder how on earth he knew that the girl was in the bath and was able to gain access to her.
That's a different case No Fate, the case where the mother knew the man who had just come out of prison, I think he knocked at her door and took the child back to his bail hostel before taking her on a motorway car chase. The mother knew he'd taken the child so the police caught up with them after a car chase.
In the case I referred to, it was an opportunist abduction by a complete stranger, the police didn't find the child - the man dumped her naked in a back lane and she was heard crying by the occupants of a nearby house who took her in.

Casey5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.01.14 17:27

That's not the information I've been given before, Casey5.

I've never heard of the other case involving a man just out of prison.

Perhaps whoever it was who posted before that the bath girl's mother knew the man who took her daughter will see this and comment further.

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 04.01.14 20:14

As I recall, there were two cases with the similarity that children were taken from houses, although I can't remember most of the details, one was in the Northumberland area as above, the other involving the motorway chase was in Wales, I think, the M4 motorway, in that area.

suzyjohnson

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 04.01.14 20:22

Interesting on this thread that the McCanns seemed to be frequently drawing attention to the fact that the children were on their own on May 3rd -

1) KM found a tapas bar note that said specifically that the children were alone in the apartment

2) MM, according to KM and GM, was potentially disturbed the previous night by someone, prompting her question 'why didn't you come when we were crying?'

3) This incident was discussed around the tapas dinner table prior to MM's disappearance

4) It was also discussed that the patio door had been left open to allow MM to leave the apartment

5) GM specifically told JW that the children were alone in the apartment

Can anyone think of any more references?

suzyjohnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 04.01.14 22:17

@suzyjohnson wrote:Interesting on this thread that the McCanns seemed to be frequently drawing attention to the fact that the children were on their own on May 3rd -

1) KM found a tapas bar note that said specifically that the children were alone in the apartment

2) MM, according to KM and GM, was potentially disturbed the previous night by someone, prompting her question 'why didn't you come when we were crying?'

3) This incident was discussed around the tapas dinner table prior to MM's disappearance

4) It was also discussed that the patio door had been left open to allow MM to leave the apartment

Can anyone think of any more references?
Deleted. Wasn't paying enough attention

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.01.14 23:57

@suzyjohnson wrote:As I recall, there were two cases with the similarity that children were taken from houses, although I can't remember most of the details, one was in the Northumberland area as above, the other involving the motorway chase was in Wales, I think, the M4 motorway, in that area.

This sounds like the other case.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/5069656.stm

I agree that there could be confusion with the bath girl as the two incidents happened within days of each other; the man in that case may have been a stranger.

We're still left though with the problem of how he knew she was there and was able to get into the bathroom.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.01.14 10:11

@suzyjohnson wrote:Interesting on this thread that the McCanns seemed to be frequently drawing attention to the fact that the children were on their own on May 3rd -

So why was JW not the prime suspect ? Why did they merely visit him in his apartment, and tell him he couldn't assist with the search.

Gerry told him the apartment was open and unlocked, then left him in the street - Right outside the apartment.
JT has already been and gone, and won't be flopping back for five minutes or so.

Oh sorry. It is not supposed to make sense.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum