The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Holiday weather

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by canada12 on 05.01.14 12:52

daffodil wrote:Also, is there any explanation for the shadow inside Gerry's left arm ??         And the shadow on his shorts too ??        Can he be forming a shadow on the front of his body, yet
also form a shadow behind himself , or am I getting quite confused ?

I don't think any of the shadows make sense. :-)

canada12

Posts : 1461
Reputation : 199
Join date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by tiny on 05.01.14 12:55

thanks Canada 12,mystery solved
avatar
tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by canada12 on 05.01.14 12:56

@tigger wrote:Shadow of  the play thing should be part visible and my puzzle is the tiny human figuresseen through the hole ofthe little building . They're too far away in relation toother people in the same plane. If you see what I mean.


I do see the tiny little figure. Just trying to make sense of it. I can't zoom in well enough to see whether it's a person or just looks like a person. I do know the playground buildings were moved around a lot - saw that in different photos of the area made by different people on different days - they're made out of plastic and aren't all that heavy. So it's possible that originally the little house was facing a different direction and someone was standing behind it, visible through the opening, and there was enough space behind the house to allow for that perspective originally? Then the little house was cut and pasted into the picture with this perspective?

canada12

Posts : 1461
Reputation : 199
Join date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by The Snapper on 05.01.14 13:00

I don't know much about photoshopping but the edge of the tree trunk above the bald guy doesn't look right, suggests a join between the middle and top right hand sections. There appears to be a line running across the grass to the right from the yellow object. Are the bald guy and the playhouse there to cover the join? Still can't believe this is on officially released photo, it's terrible

The Snapper

Posts : 47
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by Guest on 05.01.14 13:05

@The Snapper wrote:I don't know much about photoshopping but the edge of the tree trunk above the bald guy doesn't look right, suggests a join between the middle and right hand sections. Is the bald guy (and maybe the playhouse) there to cover the join?

The bald guy will need a join covering himself if he stands like that much longer.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by tiny on 05.01.14 13:08

@canada12 wrote:
@tigger wrote:Shadow of  the play thing should be part visible and my puzzle is the tiny human figuresseen through the hole ofthe little building . They're too far away in relation toother people in the same plane. If you see what I mean.


I do see the tiny little figure. Just trying to make sense of it. I can't zoom in well enough to see whether it's a person or just looks like a person. I do know the playground buildings were moved around a lot - saw that in different photos of the area made by different people on different days -  they're made out of plastic and aren't all that heavy. So it's possible that originally the little house was facing a different direction and someone was standing behind it, visible through the opening, and there was enough space behind the house to allow for that perspective originally? Then the little house was cut and pasted into the picture with this perspective?

To me it looks like a woman with dark long hair,wearing sunglasses and dressed in mauve,although I could be quite wrong

then again having has another look it could be a mans face but defo in mauve(not much help,i know)
avatar
tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by Doug D on 05.01.14 13:09

Is the 'little person' through the playhouse possibly an adult sitting at a table at the bar behind?

Doug D

Posts : 2379
Reputation : 813
Join date : 2013-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by tiny on 05.01.14 13:13

@Doug D wrote:Is the 'little person' through the playhouse possibly an adult sitting at a table at the bar behind?

ah,you could be right Doug D,that would account for the size
avatar
tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by tiny on 05.01.14 13:14

Is the other little  girl the one on the steps of the plane with Madeleine
avatar
tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by canada12 on 05.01.14 13:18

@tiny wrote:
@Doug D wrote:Is the 'little person' through the playhouse possibly an adult sitting at a table at the bar behind?

ah,you could be right Doug D,that would account for the size

Yes that could be the case, if there's more space behind the playhouse and we just can't tell because of the perspective.

canada12

Posts : 1461
Reputation : 199
Join date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by canada12 on 05.01.14 13:19

@tiny wrote:Is the other little  girl the one on the steps of the plane with Madeleine

I think it is.

canada12

Posts : 1461
Reputation : 199
Join date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by canada12 on 05.01.14 13:23

@The Snapper wrote:I don't know much about photoshopping but the edge of the tree trunk above the bald guy doesn't look right, suggests a join between the middle and top right hand sections. There appears to be a line running across the grass to the right from the yellow object. Are the bald guy and the playhouse there to cover the join? Still can't believe this is on officially released photo, it's terrible

Re: the tree - would have to see a photo of the tree on its own to be able to tell, I think.
There is a line running across the grass to the right of the yellow object. It could be just the landscaping... or it could be a join where part of another photo has been added.
Look at the bald guy's foot - he must have doublejointed hips to be able to have his foot facing almost backwards and the rest of his body facing forwards!

canada12

Posts : 1461
Reputation : 199
Join date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by Nereid on 05.01.14 13:25

@tiny wrote:
@canada12 wrote:
@tigger wrote:Shadow of  the play thing should be part visible and my puzzle is the tiny human figuresseen through the hole ofthe little building . They're too far away in relation toother people in the same plane. If you see what I mean.


I do see the tiny little figure. Just trying to make sense of it. I can't zoom in well enough to see whether it's a person or just looks like a person. I do know the playground buildings were moved around a lot - saw that in different photos of the area made by different people on different days -  they're made out of plastic and aren't all that heavy. So it's possible that originally the little house was facing a different direction and someone was standing behind it, visible through the opening, and there was enough space behind the house to allow for that perspective originally? Then the little house was cut and pasted into the picture with this perspective?

To me it looks like a woman with dark long hair,wearing sunglasses and dressed in mauve,although I could be quite wrong

then again having has another look it could be a mans face but defo in mauve(not much help,i know)

Jane Tanner in a purple top and jeans. But then that can't be, because she didn't bring jeans  smilie

Nereid

Posts : 308
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-05-28

Back to top Go down

Algarve Weather

Post by beijos on 05.01.14 13:32

Bom dia tudos,

A quick update for you on the weather here in the Algarve. It's temperate. Winter temps normally 5-20C and summer temps 20-45C. It rains in winter and rarely does in the summer. The summer months also experience a cooling sea breeze in the evenings. Sea conditions are flat during the summer months, with occasional on-shore wind and swell during winter storms that roar up the Atlantic. 

For late April, early May. It's usually about 20-25C during the day and around 15C in the evening. It may rain on the rare occasion, and sometimes it's overcast. Also, due to Portugal being closer to the equator and the squashed sphere shape of the earth, is gets dark quicker, once the sun has set, than say the UK or Tasmania, . This effects the wearing of a jumper in the evenings, especially when it is clear sky. Sea conditions are flat, and water temperature is okay for short swims without a wetsuit (many tourists do swim in April, both in pools and the sea).

What does this all mean?

For starters, there is speculation that Madeline may have been buried
Its stops raining and starts getting warm from about March. This means the ground dries out and gets hard. I have a garden, and any digging is done between November and March. Come April, the ground is too hard to dig any more than 15cm. After May, the ground is hard as concrete, and not even one cm can be dug without mechanical means. This would mean it was unlikely she was buried (in unturned soil) at the time, and even more unlikely in the following months. Further. and its been said on one of the blogs (TextUSA I think), regarding dogs digging up the beaches. There are lots of roaming dogs in the Algarve, and anything burried would've been dug up by them, and spotted by passers by. 

For seconds, there is speculation  that Madeline may have been dumped into the sea.
Sea conditions for that time of year in Algarve are flat, no swell and little current. The sea is clear, visibility is good. Her body would have been found. The PJ files looked into ocean currents and sea conditions at the time, and came to the same conclusion. 
Recently, there was tragedy at Praia do Meco. Seven people were swept into the sea by a rouge wave. One survived, and the remaining bodies were found over the last few weeks. Sea conditions on the West Coast at the time were huge waves (5m+). The point being, they were found after rough sea conditions, Madeline was not found in calm sea conditions.

What do I think?

*IF* it happened as or similar to what Amarals book says, then she may have been buried/hidden in one of the existing crypts at the cemetery in Luz (about 400m) from apartment 5a. Add about 200m more for the route to account for the Smith sighting. 600m is about the same distance from the apartment to the sewer pipe on the beach. According to one German newspaper report (and also I spoke to a UK police officer), the cemetery was searched, discretely, around September. However, I couldn't imagine them turning all the stone slabs of around 200 crypts. PJ files write of an unconfirmed sighting of GM at the apartment block directly opposite and overlooking the cemetery in the days after the disappearance. KM writes about laying on stone and looking out to sea. The cemetery is on a slope, all crypts are stone slabs, there is a partial and obscured sea view.

beijos x
avatar
beijos

Posts : 41
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by Guest on 05.01.14 13:34

Behind Gerry's right shoulder, above the buggy but higher, is that a man's profile or am I getting quite carried away and seeing things that aren't there??

Also there seems to be no sign of Gerry's sunglasses. The chap behind and the 'woman in purple behind the playhouse' are wearing them so they are in a bright sunny day, but Gerry doesn't seem to need them ?

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by canada12 on 05.01.14 13:38

daffodil wrote:Behind Gerry's right shoulder, above the buggy but higher, is that a man's profile or am I getting quite carried away and seeing things that aren't there??

Also there seems to be no sign of Gerry's sunglasses.   The chap behind and the 'woman in purple behind the playhouse' are wearing them so they are in a bright sunny day, but Gerry doesn't seem to need them ?


There's someone with dark hair wearing a brown top and white trousers behind Gerry's right shoulder, leaning over as if talking to someone. Beside him or her is a post, and beside that a buggy.

canada12

Posts : 1461
Reputation : 199
Join date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by The Snapper on 05.01.14 13:47

On Google Earth someone has helpfully uploaded two photos from a similar position

Photo 1

Photo 2

I wonder why?

The Snapper

Posts : 47
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by PeterMac on 05.01.14 13:58

Wanting to be helpful ?
Taken 15th Sept 2009. Heavy cloud cover.

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 163
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by Doug D on 05.01.14 14:03

So there are seven witnesses who should be able to time/date/validate this photo.(There is someone you can't see casting a shadow behind the lady in black, holding a towel or something).
It can't be too difficult can it, even after all this time (if it hasn't already been done, but not released in the files).
The shadow in bottom right hand corner could be a tree, close to the photographer, which you can see on google maps, appearing to throw a shadow in the 'wrong' direction, but I agree that overall the photo doesn't make too much sense.

Doug D

Posts : 2379
Reputation : 813
Join date : 2013-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by tigger on 05.01.14 14:09

@canada12 wrote:
@tigger wrote:Shadow of  the play thing should be part visible and my puzzle is the tiny human figuresseen through the hole ofthe little building . They're too far away in relation toother people in the same plane. If you see what I mean.


I do see the tiny little figure. Just trying to make sense of it. I can't zoom in well enough to see whether it's a person or just looks like a person. I do know the playground buildings were moved around a lot - saw that in different photos of the area made by different people on different days -  they're made out of plastic and aren't all that heavy. So it's possible that originally the little house was facing a different direction and someone was standing behind it, visible through the opening, and there was enough space behind the house to allow for that perspective originally? Then the little house was cut and pasted into the picture with this perspective?

That's quite possible, imo that looks like a woman with dark hair and sunglasses sitting in the shade of the pavillion which has a sort of veranda around it.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 44
Join date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by The Snapper on 05.01.14 14:13

Don't ask me to explain why, but the three people on the left appear to be back to front.
The shadows are wrong for the sun position as it stands (it equates to about 7.30pm and the shadows would be much much longer, also the babies wouldn't be up at that time of the evening).

However, if you flip the three characters into a mirror image, their shadows correspond to the trees and playhouse, running from bottom right to top left, and are about the right length, say for 4pm.

So... background is at 4pm, passers-by are at 4pm but mirror imaged, Maddie and co are at 1-2pm but not at this location, and bald guy is dropped in minus shadow from nowhere.

There, solved, and I claim my £5. Now why would someone do all that? This can't be an official photo, it's a prank surely

The Snapper

Posts : 47
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by Guest on 05.01.14 14:19

@beijos wrote:Bom dia tudos,

A quick update for you on the weather here in the Algarve. It's temperate. Winter temps normally 5-20C and summer temps 20-45C. It rains in winter and rarely does in the summer. The summer months also experience a cooling sea breeze in the evenings. Sea conditions are flat during the summer months, with occasional on-shore wind and swell during winter storms that roar up the Atlantic. 

For late April, early May. It's usually about 20-25C during the day and around 15C in the evening. It may rain on the rare occasion, and sometimes it's overcast. Also, due to Portugal being closer to the equator and the squashed sphere shape of the earth, is gets dark quicker, once the sun has set, than say the UK or Tasmania, . This effects the wearing of a jumper in the evenings, especially when it is clear sky. Sea conditions are flat, and water temperature is okay for short swims without a wetsuit (many tourists do swim in April, both in pools and the sea).

What does this all mean?

For starters, there is speculation that Madeline may have been buried
Its stops raining and starts getting warm from about March. This means the ground dries out and gets hard. I have a garden, and any digging is done between November and March. Come April, the ground is too hard to dig any more than 15cm. After May, the ground is hard as concrete, and not even one cm can be dug without mechanical means. This would mean it was unlikely she was buried (in unturned soil) at the time, and even more unlikely in the following months. Further. and its been said on one of the blogs (TextUSA I think), regarding dogs digging up the beaches. There are lots of roaming dogs in the Algarve, and anything burried would've been dug up by them, and spotted by passers by. 

For seconds, there is speculation  that Madeline may have been dumped into the sea.
Sea conditions for that time of year in Algarve are flat, no swell and little current. The sea is clear, visibility is good. Her body would have been found. The PJ files looked into ocean currents and sea conditions at the time, and came to the same conclusion. 
Recently, there was tragedy at Praia do Meco. Seven people were swept into the sea by a rouge wave. One survived, and the remaining bodies were found over the last few weeks. Sea conditions on the West Coast at the time were huge waves (5m+). The point being, they were found after rough sea conditions, Madeline was not found in calm sea conditions.

What do I think?

*IF* it happened as or similar to what Amarals book says, then she may have been buried/hidden in one of the existing crypts at the cemetery in Luz (about 400m) from apartment 5a. Add about 200m more for the route to account for the Smith sighting. 600m is about the same distance from the apartment to the sewer pipe on the beach. According to one German newspaper report (and also I spoke to a UK police officer), the cemetery was searched, discretely, around September. However, I couldn't imagine them turning all the stone slabs of around 200 crypts. PJ files write of an unconfirmed sighting of GM at the apartment block directly opposite and overlooking the cemetery in the days after the disappearance. KM writes about laying on stone and looking out to sea. The cemetery is on a slope, all crypts are stone slabs, there is a partial and obscured sea view.

beijos x

 goodpost 

Maybe even just for a short while 'in transit' to her permanent removal at a later stage ?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by Guest on 05.01.14 14:33

@beijos wrote:Bom dia tudos,

A quick update for you on the weather here in the Algarve. It's temperate. Winter temps normally 5-20C and summer temps 20-45C. It rains in winter and rarely does in the summer. The summer months also experience a cooling sea breeze in the evenings. Sea conditions are flat during the summer months, with occasional on-shore wind and swell during winter storms that roar up the Atlantic. 

For late April, early May. It's usually about 20-25C during the day and around 15C in the evening. It may rain on the rare occasion, and sometimes it's overcast. Also, due to Portugal being closer to the equator and the squashed sphere shape of the earth, is gets dark quicker, once the sun has set, than say the UK or Tasmania, . This effects the wearing of a jumper in the evenings, especially when it is clear sky. Sea conditions are flat, and water temperature is okay for short swims without a wetsuit (many tourists do swim in April, both in pools and the sea).

What does this all mean?

For starters, there is speculation that Madeline may have been buried
Its stops raining and starts getting warm from about March. This means the ground dries out and gets hard. I have a garden, and any digging is done between November and March. Come April, the ground is too hard to dig any more than 15cm. After May, the ground is hard as concrete, and not even one cm can be dug without mechanical means. This would mean it was unlikely she was buried (in unturned soil) at the time, and even more unlikely in the following months. Further. and its been said on one of the blogs (TextUSA I think), regarding dogs digging up the beaches. There are lots of roaming dogs in the Algarve, and anything burried would've been dug up by them, and spotted by passers by. 

For seconds, there is speculation  that Madeline may have been dumped into the sea.
Sea conditions for that time of year in Algarve are flat, no swell and little current. The sea is clear, visibility is good. Her body would have been found. The PJ files looked into ocean currents and sea conditions at the time, and came to the same conclusion. 
Recently, there was tragedy at Praia do Meco. Seven people were swept into the sea by a rouge wave. One survived, and the remaining bodies were found over the last few weeks. Sea conditions on the West Coast at the time were huge waves (5m+). The point being, they were found after rough sea conditions, Madeline was not found in calm sea conditions.

What do I think?

*IF* it happened as or similar to what Amarals book says, then she may have been buried/hidden in one of the existing crypts at the cemetery in Luz (about 400m) from apartment 5a. Add about 200m more for the route to account for the Smith sighting. 600m is about the same distance from the apartment to the sewer pipe on the beach. According to one German newspaper report (and also I spoke to a UK police officer), the cemetery was searched, discretely, around September. However, I couldn't imagine them turning all the stone slabs of around 200 crypts. PJ files write of an unconfirmed sighting of GM at the apartment block directly opposite and overlooking the cemetery in the days after the disappearance. KM writes about laying on stone and looking out to sea. The cemetery is on a slope, all crypts are stone slabs, there is a partial and obscured sea view.

beijos x

Thanks for the interesting post Beijos. I know the Algarve very well. Whereabouts do you reside? There is much speculation about the Guadiana river as a final resting place, what do you think? The area between the Eastern Algarve and, say, Aljustrel to the north is just one enormous uninhabited hinterland - I would feel reasonably confident about "losing" a small body out there without much chance of discovery.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by Guest on 05.01.14 14:36

I am very poor at cut/paste, but if someone could look at these two separate  links there might be some interesting info re: the Playground photo.      The first link Tennis Courts if scrolled down it provides (allegedly) a bird's eye view of the position the Playground photograph was taken.

The Keesh link analyses the photo and has an interview of the couple strolling past.     They were interviewed for some press thing, and speak about their child playing with MBM, days etc.

Please feel free to delete this post if this is of no use or interest           I am hoping someone can take out the relevant bits and post them up you see as I am quite incapable.
 i don\'t know .




http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/TENNIS_COURTS.htm


http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Keesh.htm
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Holiday weather

Post by Guest on 05.01.14 14:43

daffodil wrote:
Please feel free to delete this post if this is of no use or interest                  

On the contrary Daffodil, no end of useful snippets in that. Not least "She told me this was their first holiday abroad with the kids" .
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum