The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

PSYCHOPATHY AND THE EXPRESSO INTERVIEW

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PSYCHOPATHY AND THE EXPRESSO INTERVIEW

Post by Cristobell on 29.12.13 11:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P-z5HJxr0o

I have always found this to be the most astonishing of the McCann interviews.  It was filmed shortly after the McCanns fled Portugual to return to the UK.  In my opinion, it comes across as one long session of duping delight.  The parents can hardly contain themselves, it is almost as if they are saying 'you can't catch me', they are back under the protection of the UK government, that had so far managed to get Goncalo Amaral off their case and steered the investigation away from the Smith family sighting and the public loved them. I believe Kate once used the word 'fans', she certainly said 'Rome was preparing itself'.

At the time of this interview they probably believed they were invincible and the phenomenal success of their campaign mean't they would never have to worry about a mortgage payment again.  They firmly believe they are now part of the elite, and probably see futures for themselves as public figures, indeed one of the first people they employed out of the Fund was a spokesman.  Other than Heads of State, does anyone really need the services of a spokesman?  But I digress, I am merely trying to highlight the grandiosity.

Their body language in this interview speaks volumes, the clip begins with laughter, Gerry is relaxed, leaning back on his chair, head held high, Kate is behaving like a dizzy schoolgirl, there is no sign of tears, no appeals to abductors, in fact I would say it is solely about the parents. Indeed, the whole circus has been about the parents, in an almost cloying, sickly way, the photoshoots with the Pope, outside Washington, worshipping at holy shrines.

It has always been within their power to bring this circus to an end, yet they have pursued the limelight relentlessly from the moment Madeleine disappeared. Always believing that they can put things right, if they appear just one more time they will persuade the public to love them again. As they now both believe they can rescue their current libel case by appearing in the witness box themselves. They are clearly reckless and blaming everyone but themselves if the sad sight of poor little Isabel Duarte is anything to go by.

But back to the title of this thread, I know a number of posters here watched the documentary about psychopathy, and would be interested to hear their thoughts and opinions,, especially in view of the above video!

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PSYCHOPATHY AND THE EXPRESSO INTERVIEW

Post by Guest on 29.12.13 12:22

Yep. They've won, it's quite clear. And not just the battle, but the war, too. Now all that remains is to keep the 'missing' fund alive...

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 29.12.13 12:30

Looking back at early stuff, apart from the very first couple of televised appeals, they never looked more happy and glowing than when they were in Portugal. They have looked worse over time, for sure, but I truly saw nothing "devastated" in the earliest days. People close to them said it was a very different matter "behind the scenes" but I don't think people can switch on and off following a major, frightening trauma. There were never red swollen eyes, dark shadows beneath their eyes, to show lack of sleep or excessive emotion. In my experience, bereavement or other life changing event, does seem for a time at least, to work its way deep into the person affecting their overall appearance, it certainly can't be wiped off ones face for an interview. That's why I do not believe that deep, extreme emotion was ever there.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.12.13 12:37

If I remember correctly a poster called Kepharel (he's also known as Chimaera and recently Rowley) began a topic with 'psychopath' without ever attaching the word 'psychopath' to the McCanns or actually using it in his posts.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 29.12.13 13:23

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:Looking back at early stuff, apart from the very first couple of televised appeals, they never looked more happy and glowing than when they were in Portugal. They have looked worse over time, for sure, but I truly saw nothing "devastated" in the earliest days. People close to them said it was a very different matter "behind the scenes" but I don't think people can switch on and off following a major, frightening trauma. There were never red swollen eyes, dark shadows beneath their eyes, to show lack of sleep or excessive emotion. In my experience, bereavement or other life changing event, does seem for a time at least, to work its way deep into the person affecting their overall appearance, it certainly can't be wiped off ones face for an interview. That's why I do not believe that deep, extreme emotion was ever there.

For most mothers, and indeed fathers, crumple before our eyes when the name of their loved one is mentioned. There is one interview with Kate where she is discussing an age progression picture of her daughter. For most mothers age progression images would be particularly distressing, yet Kate maintains the poker face.

I don't think people can switch off either, and if a person has been crying it is obvious to anyone. Not least puffy, swollen eyelids! The child was 3, how they don't fall apart at the mention of her name or the horror of what she might be going through is not so much stoic, as chilling.

A Spanish psychologist commented on the Antenna Interview, where it was known beforehand that Kate would cry, giving quite an insightful summary of her performance. Some of what he said is further down on the link I gave, but I believe there was a second part that was Carter rucked.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 29.12.13 13:26

Dee Coy wrote:Yep. They've won, it's quite clear. And not just the battle, but the war, too. Now all that remains is to keep the 'missing' fund alive...

I don't think they have Dee Coy. There is no way the Portuguese would have re-opened the case if they could not bring it to a conclusion.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 29.12.13 13:38

Interesting you have started this thread, Cristobell. I find this a fascinating showcase for their true personalities. I haven't got time to do it justice at the moment and would certainly like to view it again before doing so.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 29.12.13 13:38

Dee Coy wrote:Yep. They've won, it's quite clear. And not just the battle, but the war, too. Now all that remains is to keep the 'missing' fund alive...

That 's going to be hard to do imo. What with the D word appearing in the press and all. Not for nothing has Kate been handed a job at MP. Gerry no doubt is on a few quangos with a promise of political career sometime in the future.
Not for nothing is CM running for MP and Gerry running Hacked Off.

But they were riding high then, it's been downhill all the way since then. Now no A-list celebrities in sight. They have become a liability for any government - I believe it wasn't long after that interview that they were unable to get to see Brown, being offered a low level alternative. They've not won - imo they'll never appear in court but they are being sidelined.

Just as is the case in the Mafia, the godfather gets you out of trouble, but there's a price to pay.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.12.13 13:40

I'm fascinated as to how 'psychopathy' as suggested in this thread by its title (in capital letters) can be attached to the McCanns.

I agree totally that the behaviour of the McCanns is beyond what can be expected from the average human being. I can't however understand why the term 'psychopath' can be used when there is absolutely no proof/substance in any of it.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 29.12.13 13:48

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:Looking back at early stuff, apart from the very first couple of televised appeals, they never looked more happy and glowing than when they were in Portugal. They have looked worse over time, for sure, but I truly saw nothing "devastated" in the earliest days. People close to them said it was a very different matter "behind the scenes" but I don't think people can switch on and off following a major, frightening trauma. There were never red swollen eyes, dark shadows beneath their eyes, to show lack of sleep or excessive emotion. In my experience, bereavement or other life changing event, does seem for a time at least, to work its way deep into the person affecting their overall appearance, it certainly can't be wiped off ones face for an interview. That's why I do not believe that deep, extreme emotion was ever there.

S&M
I think it is the other way around - they were nonchalant and unaffected if not exactly happy happy in private but when in public they switch on their contrived face.
They were and are never sad in private or public. They just have to remember not to laugh or seem happy when in the public, but it's hard to keep up the pretense of devastation/sadness when they are clearly not, thus sometimes they tripped up in public.

They appear to me not devastated, just pissed off and furious all the time, because things did not go as they planned.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 29.12.13 13:55

@aquila wrote:I'm fascinated as to how 'psychopathy' as suggested in this thread by its title (in capital letters) can be attached to the McCanns.

I agree totally that the behaviour of the McCanns is beyond what can be expected from the average human being. I can't however understand why the term 'psychopath' can be used when there is absolutely no proof/substance in any of it.
IMO both of the McCanns display traits which indicate certain psychological disorders but as this is Cristobell's thread and, as she made clear in her appearance on PVTV, she has studied psychology for more years than she cares to remember, I'm interested in reading her observations and conclusions in this respect.
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 29.12.13 13:55

@aquila wrote:I'm fascinated as to how 'psychopathy' as suggested in this thread by its title (in capital letters) can be attached to the McCanns.

I dont believe them to be psychopath.
Kate does seem to have a personality problem. Bipolar or unbalanced - something is just not quite right about her.
If pushed to say, I would say she's on same stuff (baking powder ?) as NL.  Her weight, inappropriate behavior (jolly in the Panorama interview) and mood swing are indicators of someone hooked on the substance.

Something more than the secret re Madeleine is holding K&G together, but if rumour is to be believed, it seems they've had enough of each other's nonsense.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 29.12.13 14:00

@Cristobell wrote:

I don't think they have Dee Coy.  There is no way the Portuguese would have re-opened the case if they could not bring it to a conclusion.  

I don't think Dee Coy means they've won, rather that's how they believe that they have in your video link

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 29.12.13 14:08

@ultimaThule wrote:

IMO both of the McCanns display traits which indicate certain psychological disorders but as this is Cristobell's thread and, as she made clear in her appearance on PVTV, she has studied psychology for more years than she cares to remember, I'm interested in reading her observations and conclusions in this respect.

Count me in. I'd be interested to hear more from her on that aspect.

K&G behavior is definitely not normal, bizzare in fact.
How they can keep up the lies for so long, stay united (when others in that situation fall apart blaming each other), at the same time appearing to be angry all the time with the situation and with each other, yet simultaneously manage to keep each other and the situation under total control  is beyond comprehension.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 29.12.13 14:46

@ultimaThule wrote:

Did my appearance on TPV bother you in some way Ultima?

Yes, I have indeed studied psychology for more years than I care to remember, I had a life's goal as a child, I still pursue it.

This is a forum - ergo there will be many voices. I am here to discuss this aspect of the case, hopefully without incurring the wrath of Carter Ruck et al. As you are aware, I post my views in my own name and have thus far avoided costly libel trials. Both you and Aquila are urging me to incriminate myself, while hiding behind anonymous screen names yourselves!

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 29.12.13 15:12

You become very defensive when challenged Cristobell. Then you attack personally, this is not a good way to debate.

Just my observations.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.12.13 15:14

@suzyjohnson wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:

I don't think they have Dee Coy.  There is no way the Portuguese would have re-opened the case if they could not bring it to a conclusion.  

I don't think Dee Coy means they've won, rather that's how they believe that they have in your video link

That's exactly what I meant, Suzy,  those are the thoughts in their heads at the time of that interview, on (in their minds) their victorious return having escaped from the pesky Portuguese. I'm guessing that (as is popular theory), if strings were pulled at governmental level to get them back, their emotions were triumphal, they were invincible - joining the elite - and all they had to worry about moving forward is keeping the fund going.

At least, looked that way to me from Christobel's video.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 29.12.13 15:18

Dee Coy wrote:
@suzyjohnson wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:

That's exactly what I meant, Suzy,  those are the thoughts in their heads at the time of that interview, on (in their minds) their victorious return having escaped from the pesky Portuguese. I'm guessing that (as is popular theory), if strings were pulled at governmental level to get them back, their emotions were triumphal, they were invincible - joining the elite - and all they had to worry about moving forward is keeping the fund going.

At least, looked that way to me from Christobel's video.

Apologies Dee Coy, my mistake entirely. They do indeed look victorious in that video. It reminds me of private pictures from Amsterdam and I think gives us a peek at what was really going on behind the scenes.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 29.12.13 15:25

@Daisy wrote:You become very defensive when challenged Cristobell. Then you attack personally, this is not a good way to debate.

Just my observations.

`Ere we go again
Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.12.13 15:26

No apology necessary, Christobel  roses . For what it's worth, from reading your posts, you are one of the members on this forum I find myself agreeing with most.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 29.12.13 20:10

@Woofer wrote:
@Daisy wrote:You become very defensive when challenged Cristobell. Then you attack personally, this is not a good way to debate.

Just my observations.

`Ere we go again
Yeah, exactly.

Why is it every time Cristobell's named is even mentioned, the Big Bad Woof comes out again?

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 29.12.13 22:21

Apologies, the Expresso Interview was on 6th September 2008 - it was not immediately on their return to the UK, but was after they were released from Arguido status, which explains their jubilation.

I was also looking at the Antenna interview - the one where Kate cried - which was their first interview after being made Arguidos. Again, apologies for any confusion I may have caused.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochosi on 29.12.13 22:33

My sound card appears to have given up, so I can only comment using my interpretation of the Portuguese shown on screen. I don't speak Portuguese  smilie  but as I speak Spanish, some written Portuguese is understandable and hopefully I have the right end of the stick.. 

So - the most interesting parts I find are: 
a) about 25 seconds in, seems to be some giddiness and excitement pre interview. (Could be understandable due to lifting of Arguido status - still seems a bit unusual to me, so am leaving this point in although Cristobell has just clarified when the interview took place)
b) about 1.09  - when they appear to be laughing off the existence of text messages
c) about 1.00 - just before KM faces a barrage of press outside and it seems to me that she is trying to suppress some delight in the situation/the attention. Possibly not, possibly KM could be smiling at something completely unconnected - seems unlikely to me.
d) GM keeps his hand to his face most of the time. Waves it about quite a bit when talking about being free to go, no bail conditions etc. 
e) when GM refers to the DNA found in the car - KM is turned to face him throughout that section; possibly to avoid looking at the interviewer. Can't quite tell who GM makes eye contact with, if anyone. 

Overall, I'd say a bit odd.

Ochosi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Transcript from the topic Expresso Interview 2008 in Debate Section

Post by tigger on 30.12.13 6:18

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t6760-expresso-interview-2008

You will find the complete transcript of the interview in this topic with discussion on the content.

Whilst Gerry is talking - Kate is watching him like a hawk. The expression on her face was positively frightening. I think I took a shot of it  - I'll post it  if I can find it.

There is the usual 'cleverness' of Gerry about those 12 voicemails on the 2nd of May.
Gerry can barely contain himself - there were no... Of course the next day we had hundreds!
Such a clever twist Gerry - did that sort of  thing work well with the headmaster?

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 30.12.13 17:59

@tigger wrote:https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t6760-expresso-interview-2008

You will find the complete transcript of the interview in this topic with discussion on the content.

Whilst Gerry is talking - Kate is watching him like a hawk. The expression on her face was positively frightening. I think I took a shot of it  - I'll post it  if I can find it.

There is the usual 'cleverness' of Gerry about those 12 voicemails on the 2nd of May.
Gerry can barely contain himself - there were no... Of course the next day we had hundreds!
Such a clever twist Gerry - did that sort of  thing work well with the headmaster?

In that interview I'm surprised Gerry said this about Smith's testimony

" Q – Later on, that family stated that the man they saw was Gerry…

Gerry – At that time I was at the restaurant. The fact that we became suspects has probably influenced the Smiths' testimony."

Very bizzare!
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum