The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

SPOTTING THE MCCANNS' LIES

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SPOTTING THE MCCANNS' LIES

Post by Cristobell on 23.12.13 22:08

Châtelaine wrote:I feel I have to speak in favour of Cristobel. Such based on my extensive experience of giving interviews. If things don't go your way, you have to interrupt. That takes experience. I have done and stopped to do telephone interviews. Only face to face. And that's not exactly what a "skype" interview is. I would be wary to do that today ... She got some good points over. Sonia was quite explicitly in her disbelieve of the McCanns. What else does one want of a 12 minute interview?
Many thanks Chatelaine.  It wasn't by any means easy, and I think I was too overly aware of the McCanns lawyers and others with malicious motives watching my every micro-expression as well as the words that I spoke.  Had I been more experienced, I may have been able to 'hold' the floor for a bit longer, but as you have pointed out, Sonia was making some very good points.

It would have been helpful if we had not jumped from one point to another at such speed, and that was where my lack of experience showed.  It probably would have been better if I had prepared an a single topic and stuck with it, but I was not entirely sure what to expect.  I hope I get an opportunity to speak again, and I hope people will understand that it was quite a pressurised situation.

As for UltimaThurle's comment, yes indeed, I wish I had mentioned Goncalo Amaral's book and the fact that it is available in English, and it was one of those kick myself moments after the interview finished.  I am not sure it was an altogether bad thing, as I think some time in the not too distant future the book will be available in English and Goncalo Amaral will get the rewards he so richly deserves.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 23.12.13 22:17

Châtelaine wrote:I feel I have to speak in favour of Cristobel. Such based on my extensive experience of giving interviews. If things don't go your way, you have to interrupt. That takes experience. I have done and stopped to do telephone interviews. Only face to face. And that's not exactly what a "skype" interview is. I would be wary to do that today ... She got some good points over. Sonia was quite explicitly in her disbelieve of the McCanns. What else does one want of a 12 minute interview?

I do realise it is not easy to face an interview be it on  Skype or face-to-face (which is even worst IMO) but SP being in her field was in her element and got the job on hand done rather effectively contrary to criticism.  I do give credit to Cristobell for her courage to speak on it.
A person experienced in handling interview would have made better use of the time to pack in more. One improves with experience naturally.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Irisheyes on 24.12.13 0:24

Where has the video gone from the op? It is showing up as private now.

Irisheyes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 24.12.13 0:36

@Irisheyes wrote:Where has the video gone from the op? It is showing up as private now.
Jcloth has changed the title just to be on the safe side legally.  It is still available:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON2vy6uXjA4

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcloth on 24.12.13 0:42

I have just uploaded a new and improved version of the video, following ultimaThule's advice - changing the wording of the final disclaimer and removing the E-fit finale which was just me getting carried away! - and adjusting little things. I have lost the 4,000 views so far but it's a tighter video and it's worth it for my peace of mind. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON2vy6uXjA4

I think the most likely outcome is that TED will be the ones to get the video removed, by making a copyright claim... we'll see.

Christobell, thanks for your support and yes, I did realise that your comment about the "wonderful experts" on this site was not as literal as aquila is making out. I wasn't expecting to get professional legal advice here, I just wanted people's reasonably informed opinions. And aquila, I have to echo what Christobell was saying... I think your prosecutorial manner of pouncing on her words was a bit OTT. Though I can see that you are passionate and therefore diligent about this case!  smilie 

Oh and I'm a "he", not that it really matters on the internet

j

jcloth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by currio on 24.12.13 0:51

Glad to see your still here j-cloth. Thought your thread was being deliberately derailed there.

Lets hope the right people get to see your excellent video.

currio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 24.12.13 1:02

@jcloth wrote:I have just uploaded a new and improved version of the video, following ultimaThule's advice - changing the wording of the final disclaimer and removing the E-fit finale which was just me getting carried away! - and adjusting little things. I have lost the 4,000 views so far but it's a tighter video and it's worth it for my peace of mind. Here's the link:

I think the most likely outcome is that TED will be the ones to get the video removed, by making a copyright claim... we'll see.

Christobell, thanks for your support and yes, I did realise that your comment about the "wonderful experts" on this site was not as literal as aquila is making out. I wasn't expecting to get professional legal advice here, I just wanted people's reasonably informed opinions. And aquila, I have to echo what Christobell was saying... I think your prosecutorial manner of pouncing on her words was a bit OTT. Though I can see that you are passionate and therefore diligent about this case!  smilie 

j
Hope you don't mind me asking such a personal question, if so tell me to p*ss off by all means. Are you Cristobell's son? It's just I read that he does post in favour of his Mum (nowt wrong with that) and I just wondered if you were he?

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcloth on 24.12.13 1:16

Lol! I wasn't expecting that. No I'm not!

jcloth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 24.12.13 4:31

"changing the wording of the final disclaimer and removing the E-fit finale which was just me getting carried away"

It's so easy to get carried away when thinking of the McCanns and, more especially, how they've managed to get away with it for so many years. 

Your video is tighter by far and all the more impressive for it - I congratulate you again on an absolutely stunning piece of a work which richly deserves the incredible number of views it's going to get.   If I had time, I'd watch it on a loop  big grin
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 24.12.13 8:36

@ Cristobell
Forgive me for not reposting everything in its entirety.  Your problem is with my reference to 'our wonderful experts' and you would like me to qualify this.

It is clear to most readers of this site that many of us have studied the case of Missing Madeleine McCann for many years - Longer than it would take to do a Degree or even a Masters.  We all come from different backgrounds, and have particular areas of expertise.  Petermac for example spent many years as a serving police officer and clearly gives a well informed and educated opinion when he writes.  I have no idea of his qualifications, but I respect him as an intellectual and an academic. Petermac is one of many - we have linguists, we have experts in body language, we have analysts, accountants, lawyers, experts in most if not all fields. It is not necessary to wave a Certificate in the air to declare oneself an expert, simply by studying a subject in depth, one becomes an expert.

@Cristobell wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Why would you be slapped for making a valid point Aquila, which I tend to agree with.  I don't think I have seen a 'legal expert' say such a thing, unless I missed it?  I will re-read this thread again, to see if I missed it.
With respect, may I suggest you read my post again.  It was a generic statement, I was referring to expertS, plural, the forum en masse, my implied message was 'we are a welcoming place, please feel free to ask questions'.

Well, Cristobell I am surprised at your guise to excuse your wordings to just being generic/s - plural and all.

Saying "our wonderful experts" then singling out TB and PM to excuse your unfortunate wordings is anything but generic.
Especially on the logic you laid out ie duration spent on the case longer than acquiring academic papers, blah blah blah, and not needing to wave certificate, just needing to have intellect to qualify as experts are all nonsense that incidentally put  yourself (being writer showing intellect and what not) squarely in the same box of  your so called 'our wonderful experts".  Does it mean you are qualified to advise poster on legal matter?  By your logic of argument it seems you should be isn't it?

I stand corrected, but your carefully (?) selected-three-words comes across as somewhat mocking (agenda-loaded in fact) if not down right derogatory.   Are you not perhaps manifesting your hurt pride.....not saying, just saying?
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 24.12.13 10:03

@aiyoyo wrote:
@ Cristobell
Forgive me for not reposting everything in its entirety.  Your problem is with my reference to 'our wonderful experts' and you would like me to qualify this.

It is clear to most readers of this site that many of us have studied the case of Missing Madeleine McCann for many years - Longer than it would take to do a Degree or even a Masters.  We all come from different backgrounds, and have particular areas of expertise.  Petermac for example spent many years as a serving police officer and clearly gives a well informed and educated opinion when he writes.  I have no idea of his qualifications, but I respect him as an intellectual and an academic. Petermac is one of many - we have linguists, we have experts in body language, we have analysts, accountants, lawyers, experts in most if not all fields. It is not necessary to wave a Certificate in the air to declare oneself an expert, simply by studying a subject in depth, one becomes an expert.

@Cristobell wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Why would you be slapped for making a valid point Aquila, which I tend to agree with.  I don't think I have seen a 'legal expert' say such a thing, unless I missed it?  I will re-read this thread again, to see if I missed it.
With respect, may I suggest you read my post again.  It was a generic statement, I was referring to expertS, plural, the forum en masse, my implied message was 'we are a welcoming place, please feel free to ask questions'.

Well, Cristobell I am surprised at your guise to excuse your wordings to just being generic/s - plural and all.

Saying "our wonderful experts" then singling out TB and PM to excuse your unfortunate wordings is anything but generic.
Especially on the logic you laid out ie duration spent on the case longer than acquiring academic papers, blah blah blah, and not needing to wave certificate, just needing to have intellect to qualify as experts are all nonsense that incidentally put  yourself (being writer showing intellect and what not) squarely in the same box of  your so called 'our wonderful experts".  Does it mean you are qualified to advise poster on legal matter?  By your logic of argument it seems you should be isn't it?

I stand corrected, but your carefully (?) selected-three-words comes across as somewhat mocking (agenda-loaded in fact) if not down right derogatory.   Are you not perhaps manifesting your hurt pride.....not saying, just saying?
You are reading things that are simply not there.  I admire many posters on this forum, even the ones who do not like me.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 24.12.13 10:32

Perhaps by posting this things will be clearer? I've removed SP's questions so that Christobell's statements come over clearer. I do feel a lot of time was wasted at the start by talking about attacks on twitter - particularly as this wasn't an impromptu interview but one that could have been prepared as far as hard facts and information on the libel case are concerned.
The case is not about money imo, it is about Amaral's book having interfered with the 'search'. Money is demanded to compensate and presumably re-invigorate the search.
Reading only this part of the transcript, I don't think CR will find anything that will profit them.

ROSALINDA HUTTON Hello Sonia. Good evening.
ROSALINDA HUTTON Erm, it, it, it is indeed a very, very intriguing case. Erm, I, I became, became drawn to it when the news first broke back in May 2007. And, erm there were so many things that didn't ring true. Er, er, and, I, I'm an inquisitive sort of person. So I, I got online and I looked up, erm, you know, the difference, for example, between the Tapas and the, and the apartment and none of them seemed to tally.
ROSALINDA HUTTON Er, er, I also found that, erm, what we were reading in our own mainstream newspapers wasn't tallying with what I was reading online.
ROSALINDA HUTTON And it, it, is er, a puzzling case.
ROSALINDA HUTTON Well, it, it was a very strange situation. Erm I, I found that, that, you know, I asked questions. Erm, you know, I, I then came under the most vicious attacks online, many of which are continuing as we speak by the way. Erm...
ROSALINDA HUTTON Simply for inquiring. Sorry, I interrupted you.
ROSALINDA HUTTON It’s quite bizarre.
ROSALINDA HUTTON Its, it is, it is very, very strange. You know its almost as if they're quite prepared to say that black is white or, or vice versa...
ROSALINDA HUTTON Erm, but, er, you know the, the campaign has been nasty from the get go.
ROSALINDA HUTTON Which is, erm, which again adds to the mystery because, you know, you wonder why do they need to be so vicious...
ROSALINDA HUTTON Well, it, it, its something, that you know, that I started delving into and erm, and so, so many things didn't make sense. Erm, that, you know, I, I'm going to be called cruel for concentrating on the par... parents' behaviour but it, it really is quite odd, erm. I studied psychology for, for more years than I care to remember, erm and er, nothing sort of adds up. It, it, it just... I. I actually, you know, it, it was as if the nation was divided. It was as if you have have the sort of, you know, how dare you, you know, how cruel of you to pick on these poor grieving parents.
ROSALINDA HUTTON And, erm, you know, you had this ferocious defence around them which sort of makes, you know, sort of gave birth really to the myth of the hater...
ROSALINDA HUTTON ... and of the pitchforker.
ROSALINDA HUTTON Erm, which, which is a complete myth, you know, the people that I discuss the case with online, on the *** ***** forum, for example or the Facebook groups erm, you know, that sort of behaviour simply isn't tolerated. Not, not by anyone. Not by myself, not by the admin.
ROSALINDA HUTTON Well, I, I think it’s an issue that, that everyone must question. You know, it, it’s got to ring alarm bells. Erm, you know, I, I don’t know the motivation behind it. She was advised by her lawyer not to, not to answer the questions. Erm, but as the mother of the lost child, erm, I thought that, that should actually overrule what the lawyer says. You know, you see its imperative to find the child. You know, even, even, if you are locked within a cell, you know, you are still there with the police and cooperating.
ROSALINDA HUTTON Well, er, it adds, adds to the pot really, erm,

ROSALINDA HUTTON Erm, I, I believe at one point they had 24 cases on the go.
ROSALINDA HUTTON Erm, of people that they were suing or threatening to sue.
ROSALINDA HUTTON Erm, and I, I, you know, you must ask why, why the desperate need to, to bury this information. You know, why not just, erm, challenge what’s been said
ROSALINDA HUTTON And whatever. You know, just I, I, you know there’s been a real lack of honesty surrounding the case.
ROSALINDA HUTTON Erm, and I think that’s what, that’s what bugged people, buggs people. But there was something that I did want to say, actually Sonia…
ROSALINDA HUTTON And that is that that, erm, there’s a sort of, there’s a, there’s a distaste about discussing the case…
ROSALINDA HUTTON Erm, Its almost, you know, its taboo.
ROSALINDA HUTTON And, erm, you know it’s, as I said before, it’s almost as if you’ve got fifty percent of the population who say “Oh my God how could you think that?” and then, then you’ve got the other half who are sort of, you know “Oh I thought that too.”
ROSALINDA HUTTON But it’s something that you dare not say out loud.
ROSALINDA HUTTON Because, erm, you know, the, the McCanns have adopted the mantle of victim.
ROSALINDA HUTTON And to, to be seen to be saying anything that might criticise their behaviour…
ROSALINDA HUTTON Or their refusal to cooperate with the PJ…
ROSALINDA HUTTON For example, is, is, is seen as, as abusive and its, its seen as, erm, hate. Erm, when of course, you know, its, it’s a perfectly reasonable question.
ROSALINDA HUTTON Oh dear. Laughing.
ROSALINDA HUTTON (Laughing)
ROSALINDA HUTTON Erm, well to, to a certain, to a certain extent. Erm, because, you know, they, they, they attack my personal life and they attack, erm, a book that I wrote, Cry and Cry Alone, and erm, you know, I’m accused of being a liar…
ROSALINDA HUTTON …I’m accused of making up this…
ROSALINDA HUTTON …and accused of making up that. Well, you know, which is all absolute rubbish.
ROSALINDA HUTTON You know I could disprove what they say a hundred times over…
ROSALINDA HUTTON But it’s like banging your head against a brick wall. You know, they, they’ve made up their minds, you know, I, I am this, this witch and I, I think you’ll be surprised but one of the recent things that I stumbled on, on one of the, er, I call them hate sites…
ROSALINDA HUTTON … because they do in fact have a hate list…
ROSALINDA HUTTON … of, of people who have spoken out about ..
ROSALINDA HUTTON … the McCanns
ROSALINDA HUTTON And, erm, you know, its, it’s a bit like McCarthy in that, you know, if you’re on that list you’re blacklisted.
ROSALINDA HUTTON I can indeed. Erm, the trial in Lisbon is actually, you know, it’s a long drawn out case. I think it started about four years ago. We’ve now reached the stage where the trial is going on…
ROSALINDA HUTTON The, the trial is between the McCanns are claiming damages for erm, for suffering, for, for depression, stress etc. And the claim is against Goncalo Amaral, the, er, the coordinating detective from the PJ investigation.
ROSALINDA HUTTON He, he wrote a book shortly after the, erm, after the case was shelved.
ROSALINDA HUTTON Erm, then after a series of appeals, erm, the case went to the Supreme Court where the ban was overturned so that the book is now on sale.
ROSALINDA HUTTON Erm, I’m not an expert on Portuguese law but it, it seems strange to me that one court has ruled, erm, you know, its not libellous. But the trial that’s going on at Lisbon at the moment is about money.
ROSALINDA HUTTON They’re claiming damages. They’re claiming, erm, that Goncalo Amaral’s book, erm, it, it wrecked the search…
ROSALINDA HUTTON .. in Portugal…
ROSALINDA HUTTON From looking for Madeleine. And it basically turned people against them. So…
ROSALINDA HUTTON Its protracted.
ROSALINDA HUTTON But we’re very near the end. The final day of trial is on the 7th of January which is…
ROSALINDA HUTTON I will indeed.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Curioser on 24.12.13 10:51

@Cristobell wrote:

You are reading things that are simply not there.  I admire many posters on this forum, even the ones who do not like me.

Everyone's a critic. I think you did well. The pressure of these situations is difficult to understand unless you've been on the spot yourself. Maybe some people are jealous that you've been recognized as knowledgable on the McCann topic. Don't bother hitting your head against the brick wall. There's no point.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Curioser on 24.12.13 11:06

@jcloth wrote:I have just uploaded a new and improved version of the video, following ultimaThule's advice - changing the wording of the final disclaimer and removing the E-fit finale which was just me getting carried away! - and adjusting little things. I have lost the 4,000 views so far but it's a tighter video and it's worth it for my peace of mind. Here's the link:

j
This is inspired jcloth. Well done you.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 24.12.13 11:07

@Curioser wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:

Everyone's a critic. I think you did well. The pressure of these situations is difficult to understand unless you've been on the spot yourself. Maybe some people are jealous that you've been recognized as knowledgable on the McCann topic. Don't bother hitting your head against the brick wall. There's no point.
Amen to that Curioser, my head is feeling pretty sore right now.  smilie

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dromodaire on 24.12.13 11:37

The thing about Cristobell is that she has a face and is a real person. I think if anyone wants to critisise her they should at least have the decency to grow a face first. The anonymity of the internet has many benefits, but so long as some people abuse this privelliage I'll continue to think it's a bad thing.

dromodaire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 24.12.13 11:40

Well done for having the balls to do it. thumbsup

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 24.12.13 11:43

Cristobell, till now you have done things very well. You are a corageous and very polite person.I admire that.
You did it well on Skype too.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 24.12.13 12:17

@Curioser wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:

Curioser, with due respect I I think you are missing the point altogether.
I've said earlier on that Cristobell did well on the interview, and it takes courage to get on the interview; kudos to her for having done that.
In fact I look forward to her next round of interview if it happens, and I've no doubt she will improve, that comes with experience.

But my point of contention is on an entirely different thing.  
So, coming on to suggest some people may be jealous of her (for what?) does not help, let alone qualifying her knowledge on the case.  What has that got anything to do with my point of contention BTW?  Are we going to be objective and take it in the right context or not?

Alright, so she's clarified her position. Fine.

I would appreciate if people stop digressing from point in context that leads to another point of contention.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadlego on 25.12.13 3:24

Firstly I agree that, considering the attacks even on anonymous posters/bloggers/tweeters etc., that it is very brave to be interviewed like that. I also think that a lot of what Cristobell said in the interview rang home very true to me, and may be especially important to get out there to the people who are perhaps less in the know about what is actually going on in cyberspace in the way of attacks on anyone who dares question the Mccanns 'official story'.  high5 

But the main reason I came to post this thread is to say how great the video is that was in the original post. The strange body language of the Mccanns has worried me for a long time, from way before I ever saw this website or Mccannfiles or the Mccannpjfiles etc etc. Even before I ever thought too much about the case I was shocked by their odd behaviour, and this video sums that up really well. Fantastic work!  bravo

Deadlego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum