The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails - Page 2 Mm11

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails - Page 2 Regist10

Tapas Rattled by Leaked Emails

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails - Page 2 Empty Re: Tapas Rattled by Leaked Emails

Post by Tony Bennett on 21.12.13 22:13

candyfloss wrote:I haven't heard Mr Amaral say anything about changing his theory, he has had ample opportunity to do so, and as you say Tony he could update his book.  I'm sure he has just as much interest in it as when he was on the case, judging by the many interviews he has given.  I would think that he is well up to date with what is going on and what has happened in the years since he left, and  he is much closer to any investigation than we are I would think.

I am not sure about that (bolded bit). Observing his demeanour over the years, he has had to cope with almost overwhelming financial pressures, the break-up of his marriage, and a bruising five-year libel action. He does not IMO have time nor inclination to research or follow all that is being discovered about the caae, e.g. on this forum. He has tried to branch out into new fields by study and by writing on various crime subjects. I sense that part of him wishes to forget the misery that his work on the case has brought in its wake for him.

He clearly follows the media coverage of him and the libel case, as he made some caustic (and correct IMO) comments eaelier in the year about British and Poruguese media coverage of the case.

Despite suggestions over the years that he might have dramatic new information that would open everyone's eyes about the case, this has not materialised - or at least, not yet.

The maxim: 'Accept nothing - question everything' applies to Amaral's book as much as it does to anyone else.

There has always, to be frank, been doubt cast on some of the evidence being put forward that Madeleine was seen alive in various places as late as the early evening of 3 May (the alleged 'high tea' with the family, and the questionable evidence of the nanny for example).

____________________

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Posts : 15455
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 71
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails - Page 2 Empty Re: Tapas Rattled by Leaked Emails

Post by Guest on 21.12.13 23:49

@ultimaThule wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:'rsenic' is on here to waste our time.

IMO.

I've sensed a slight attempt lately to shift things towards a 3rd May accidental death and away from anything more elaborate. Don't know if I'm right or if it means anything, just something I felt in my water.
It would seem we are connected to the same water provider as, during my short time as a member of this forum, I have become aware of a distinct, if not concerted attempt, to give credence to accidental death on the evening of 3 May 2007 resulting in panic and hasty concealment of the body.

To which I can only say 'As if...'.

I have been aware of the same thing. It seems that there has been an atmosphere of theories pushing hard for an accident in the evening of the 3rd and a panicked concealment. I don't know if this is because it is the least palusible of all the possibilities. It just seems so improbable that it makes even the abduction by aliens theory more attractive. Maybe thats the objective.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails - Page 2 Empty Re: Tapas Rattled by Leaked Emails

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 22.12.13 0:39

dantezebu wrote:

I have been aware of the same thing. It seems that there has been an atmosphere of theories pushing hard for an accident in the evening of the 3rd and a panicked concealment. I don't know if this is because it is the least palusible of all the possibilities. It just seems so improbable that it makes even the abduction by aliens theory more attractive. Maybe thats the objective.

It seems to be the most plausible theory to me. You're welcome to insinuate that I am a 'troll' if you like, if that's how you deal with people having a different opinion from you. If that's not what you're saying and I'm being dense, then I offer my apologies.:)
avatar
whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Join date : 2013-11-08

Back to top Go down

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails - Page 2 Empty Re: Tapas Rattled by Leaked Emails

Post by Guest on 22.12.13 0:50

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
dantezebu wrote:

I have been aware of the same thing. It seems that there has been an atmosphere of theories pushing hard for an accident in the evening of the 3rd and a panicked concealment. I don't know if this is because it is the least palusible of all the possibilities. It just seems so improbable that it makes even the abduction by aliens theory more attractive. Maybe thats the objective.

It seems to be the most plausible theory to me.  You're welcome to insinuate that I am a 'troll' if you like, if that's how you deal with people having a different opinion from you.  If that's not what you're saying and I'm being dense, then I offer my apologies.:)

No. Not at all. A troll that is. I am not sure I even really know what one is.
I have read so many new theories recently I don't know whos is whos. Its just a general impression I have of the forum.
I will re-read yours. I'm sure it has valid points. Mr Amaral did have the same theory after all.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails - Page 2 Empty Re: Tapas Rattled by Leaked Emails

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 22.12.13 0:52

dantezebu wrote:
No. Not at all. A troll that is. I am not sure I even really know what one is.
I have read so many new theories recently I don't know whos is whos. Its just a general impression I have of the forum.
I will re-read yours. I'm sure it has valid points. Mr Amaral did have the same theory after all.

Oh, OK, I did read your post wrong then, once again I apologise :)
avatar
whatliesbehindthesofa

Posts : 1320
Join date : 2013-11-08

Back to top Go down

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails - Page 2 Empty Re: Tapas Rattled by Leaked Emails

Post by ultimaThule on 22.12.13 4:18

candyfloss wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:'rsenic' is on here to waste our time.

IMO.

I've sensed a slight attempt lately to shift things towards a 3rd May accidental death and away from anything more elaborate. Don't know if I'm right or if it means anything, just something I felt in my water.
It would seem we are connected to the same water provider as, during my short time as a member of this forum, I have become aware of a distinct, if not concerted attempt, to give credence to accidental death on the evening of 3 May 2007 resulting in panic and hasty concealment of the body.

To which I can only say 'As if...'.

Isn't that Mr Amarals theory?  
Yes, it is but Dr Amaral's theory didn't posit an accidental death being discovered after the McCanns had left the apartment to eat at the Tapas restaurant on the night of 3 May, nor did it encompass both the decision and the act of concealing a body being made and undertaken within minutes of any such discovery.

Until such time as judgement has been given in the libel trial and in any subequent appeal by either party. it is in Dr Amaral's best interests not to deviate from the conclusion he gave in The Truth Of The Lie which faithfully adheres to that reached by the shelved investigation.

However, without wishing in any way to disparage Dr Amaral's work, his investigation was disadvantaged by lack of a common language, complicated by political meddling, and impeded by not having free access to information such as the McCanns' finances, medical records, etc, or being able to inspect/examine their home, and generally engage in ways which enable dectectives to get a 'feel' for the individuals involved which, in turn, can lead to establishing probable cause and motive.

Had information which has subsequently come to light been available to him at the time, I suspect Dr Amaral would have reached a different conclusion.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Join date : 2013-09-18

Back to top Go down

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails - Page 2 Empty Re: Tapas Rattled by Leaked Emails

Post by tigger on 22.12.13 6:14

I would add to the above that Dr.Amaral could only use information from the released files.

He obviously knows more - he stated clearly in the last Panorama documentary that he wrote the book to clear his name.
But that concept seems alien to people who have no honour.

Regarding the trend towards panic - imo the only panic was when the schedule for the evening went disastrously wrong.
So is it an effort to provide the answer before the question is asked?
Did Kate forget to finish the sentence when in reply to the question why they had not searched she should have said ' We were so busy panicking?
 nah 

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
tigger
tigger

Posts : 8114
Join date : 2011-07-20

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails - Page 2 Empty Re: Tapas Rattled by Leaked Emails

Post by tigger on 26.12.13 10:20

I think the above is fake. Might not be a good idea to keep it here.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
tigger
tigger

Posts : 8114
Join date : 2011-07-20

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails - Page 2 Empty Re: Tapas Rattled by Leaked Emails

Post by Woburn_exile on 26.12.13 10:29

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I think the above is fake. Might not be a good idea to keep it here.

What's the giveaway tigger? big grin big grin 
Woburn_exile
Woburn_exile

Posts : 239
Join date : 2013-05-30
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails - Page 2 Empty Re: Tapas Rattled by Leaked Emails

Post by Guest on 26.12.13 10:30

Warning to Woburn_Exile.  Any more of that and you will be banned.
Anonymous
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails - Page 2 Empty Re: Tapas Rattled by Leaked Emails

Post by Woburn_exile on 26.12.13 10:41

candyfloss wrote:Warning to Woburn_Exile.  Any more of that and you will be banned.

CandyF, what is it that caused such great offense? The free press regurgitates complete nonsense most days and being fair to me I did give everybody a clear indication that it was fake. There is no such thing as a "leaked email". It is all done for strategic purposes. The only person it knocks is JT herself and far worse has been posted on this board.
 shark 
Woburn_exile
Woburn_exile

Posts : 239
Join date : 2013-05-30
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails - Page 2 Empty Re: Tapas Rattled by Leaked Emails

Post by Cristobell on 26.12.13 13:34

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:'rsenic' is on here to waste our time.

IMO.

I've sensed a slight attempt lately to shift things towards a 3rd May accidental death and away from anything more elaborate. Don't know if I'm right or if it means anything, just something I felt in my water.
It would seem we are connected to the same water provider as, during my short time as a member of this forum, I have become aware of a distinct, if not concerted attempt, to give credence to accidental death on the evening of 3 May 2007 resulting in panic and hasty concealment of the body.

To which I can only say 'As if...'.

Isn't that Mr Amarals theory?  
Yes, it is but Dr Amaral's theory didn't posit an accidental death being discovered after the McCanns had left the apartment to eat at the Tapas restaurant on the night of 3 May, nor did it encompass both the decision and the act of concealing a body being made and undertaken within minutes of any such discovery.

Until such time as judgement has been given in the libel trial and in any subequent appeal by either party. it is in Dr Amaral's best interests not to deviate from the conclusion he gave in The Truth Of The Lie which faithfully adheres to that reached by the shelved investigation.

However, without wishing in any way to disparage Dr Amaral's work, his investigation was disadvantaged by lack of a common language, complicated by political meddling, and impeded by not having free access to information such as the McCanns' finances, medical records, etc, or being able to inspect/examine their home, and generally engage in ways which enable dectectives to get a 'feel' for the individuals involved which, in turn, can lead to establishing probable cause and motive.

Had information which has subsequently come to light been available to him at the time, I suspect Dr Amaral would have reached a different conclusion.
This case is so vexing, I am one of those leaning towards the panic theory, but then when I read things such as your final line, I have to stop and think again.  It was something Pat Browne once said along the lines of people's characters not being changed by disaster.  I haven't explained it very well, but basically the characters that we see now, were the same before Madeleine went missing, that is lying and manipulative. You don't suddenly become that way, a liar will have been lying for years before they are caught out.
avatar
Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum