The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails Mm11

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails Mm11

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails Regist10

Tapas Rattled by Leaked Emails

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails Empty Tapas Rattled by Leaked Emails

Post by rscenic 21.12.13 6:21

Nerves amongst the friends are being tested by 'leaks'

Mail Online 21 Dec  2013

Mystery of Madeleine parents' secret emails 'intercepted by police'
The friends who were with Madeleine McCann's parents on the night she disappeared have tried to shake off a growing whispering campaign against them.

They have spoken out after a Portuguese newspaper claimed police had 'intercepted' emails and phone calls between Kate and Gerry McCann and their friends.

These, the newspaper reported, provided 'decisive proof' that Madeleine was not kidnapped, but died in the family's holiday apartment in Portugal.

Diario de Noticias, a respected national daily, said 'police sources' insisted the intercepted 'messages' were key evidence.

Other newspapers have already made a series of lurid and unsubstantiated claims about the McCanns.

Yesterday, stung by such claims, their friend Rachael Oldfield, a 36-year- old London recruitment consultant, suggested the police could be 'leaking' confidential information to the Press.

"I think there are some leaks coming from the police, but a lot of what I have read recently has been completely untrue," she said.

"Whether a journalist has had a bit of information and made the rest up, or the police are feeding some truth or untruths I just don't know."

Another of the party, Dr Fiona Payne, said: "You cannot attach any significance to what is being reported (in the Portuguese press)."

Mrs Oldfield, who is married to doctor Matthew Oldfield and has a one-year-old daughter, said: "It is very hurtful and it is all rather ludicrous. But it is difficult to defend because the investigationand everything in it is confidential. We don't want to jeopardise the investigation in any way or Madeleine's life. We are a bit stuck, really."

The Oldfields were at dinner with the McCanns and the rest of their party, Jane Tanner and Russell O'Brien from Exeter, Fiona and David Payne from Leicester and an unnamed woman, when Madeleine vanished from her bed in the holiday apartments in Praia da Luz on May 3.

The adults told police they had taken it in turns to check on their sleeping children, including Madeleine and her twoyearold twin brother and sister, in nearby apartments.

In statements to the Policia Judiciaria investigators, which were leaked to Sol magazine, Mr McCann said he first checked his three children at 9.05pm and thought it 'strange' that the bedroom door was ajar. He checked the window and shutters, which were both closed, and left.

Jane Tanner said she took her turn ten minutes later and saw a darkhaired man carrying a child in his arms as she came back.

Minutes after her return, according to police statements, Matthew Oldfield checked the children and noticed nothing unusual.

Mrs McCann went at 10pm and said she found the apartment window open, heavy metal shutters raised and her daughter missing.

Police say there are discrepancies between the timings given by the McCann party and staff and other diners in the restaurant that night.

One Portuguese newspaper yesterday, which quoted 'police sources', said: "If everything happened as the English holidaymakers say, in terms of their checking the children, it would be almost impossible for a kidnap to have taken place."

Mrs Oldfield said: "There would only be a small window for somebody to do it (abduct Madeleine), but presumably if somebody had been watching our movements then it would have been possible."

The McCanns, who on Tuesday denied stories in the Portuguese press that implied they had 'accidentally' killed their daughter, spent an hour with detectives yesterday afternoon.

They learned that a possible sighting of Madeleine in a Belgian cafe had been largely discounted after tests on a drinking straw used by the little girl spotted showed the DNA of an adult male.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
rscenic

Activity : 11

Back to top Go down

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails Empty Re: Tapas Rattled by Leaked Emails

Post by ultimaThule 21.12.13 6:33

welcome rsenic. 

This Daily Mail article is from 2007; do you have any observation you want to make about it?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by rscenic 21.12.13 6:41

The original source may from a while ago, but the emphasis is for the present, Iwouldn't lke to be in their shoes
rscenic

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 21.12.13 7:10

Wonder why its in the paper today,hmmm
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.12.13 7:26

I've just done a search Mail online and this article is nowhere to be found.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 21.12.13 7:27

aquila wrote:I've just done a search Mail online and this article is nowhere to be found.

I clicked on the link in the op and it has todays date on
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.12.13 7:31

tiny wrote:
aquila wrote:I've just done a search Mail online and this article is nowhere to be found.

Yes it does Tiny, but it doesn't look like a usual article - has no name of reporter and the scroll text is odd etc even though it does show today's DM's stuff on the right hand side.

I then did a search for the article - and it's not there.

Perhaps someone else can do a search.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 21.12.13 7:38

aquila wrote:
tiny wrote:

Yes it does Tiny, but it doesn't look like a usual article - has no name of reporter and the scroll text is odd etc even though it does show today's DM's stuff on the right hand side.

I then did a search for the article - and it's not there.

Perhaps someone else can do a search.

I also did a search and couldn't find it,but it is there, for what reasons I do not know
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Tapas  Rattled by Leaked Emails Empty Tapas Rattled by Leaked Emails

Post by Janetta 21.12.13 7:38

I think it is an old article.  I think it shows the date you click on to read it i.e 21 December 2013.  I just tried it with a different, unconnected past headline and that states 21 December 2013 as well.
Janetta

Activity : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 21.12.13 7:40

Janetta wrote:I think it is an old article.  I think it shows the date you click on to read it i.e 21 December 2013.  I just tried it with a different, unconnected past headline and that states 21 December 2013 as well.

yes it is an old article but why is on the mail online today
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 21.12.13 7:42

tiny wrote:
Janetta wrote:I think it is an old article.  I think it shows the date you click on to read it i.e 21 December 2013.  I just tried it with a different, unconnected past headline and that states 21 December 2013 as well.

If you do a search on any old article it will show the article and it appears with today's DM page even though the article isn't today's.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 21.12.13 7:55

aquila wrote:
tiny wrote:

If you do a search on any old article it will show the article and it appears with today's DM page even though the article isn't today's.

ah, thank you Aquila that's the reason then,still its nice to know it,s there.
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife 21.12.13 9:15

It is not in the Daily Mail full feed today. It is an archived article which with the Mail's database always shows with the current date. This sort of sloppy research has caused so many problems in the past I would have thought we would have learned from it. Another problem is that often articles are timed for the press run the original words were released, rather than the actual time of the current article as written, leading people who rely on the time stated to claim that an event happened hours before it did.
Aoife

Activity : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid 21.12.13 9:24

rscenic wrote:The original source may from a while ago, but the emphasis is for the present, Iwouldn't lke to be in their shoes

That means you had to search for the specific article before posting it here...
SixMillionQuid
SixMillionQuid

Activity : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 21.12.13 9:27

'rsenic' is on here to waste our time.

IMO.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.12.13 9:39

Tony Bennett wrote:'rsenic' is on here to waste our time.

IMO.

I've sensed a slight attempt lately to shift things towards a 3rd May accidental death and away from anything more elaborate. Don't know if I'm right or if it means anything, just something I felt in my water.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rscenic 21.12.13 13:09

''tiny wrote#

I also did a search and couldn't find it,but it is there, for what reasons I do not know
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Trying not to waste anyones time but the article did appear early today for some reason, leaks being emphasised?

rscenic

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 21.12.13 13:17

rscenic wrote:''tiny wrote#

Trying not to waste anyones time but the article did appear early today for some reason, leaks being emphasised?

yes it was on the link you provided,yes it could be about the leaks
tiny
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth 21.12.13 20:37

tiny wrote:

It's like they're trying to confuse us? As if the friends as still sticking up for them! I don't think so!

They're making it look like friends are still talking for them!
Seek truth

Activity : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 21.12.13 20:48

Clay Regazzoni wrote:

IMO.

I've sensed a slight attempt lately to shift things towards a 3rd May accidental death and away from anything more elaborate. Don't know if I'm right or if it means anything, just something I felt in my water.
It would seem we are connected to the same water provider as, during my short time as a member of this forum, I have become aware of a distinct, if not concerted attempt, to give credence to accidental death on the evening of 3 May 2007 resulting in panic and hasty concealment of the body.

To which I can only say 'As if...'.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.12.13 20:58

ultimaThule wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:

IMO.

It would seem we are connected to the same water provider as, during my short time as a member of this forum, I have become aware of a distinct, if not concerted attempt, to give credence to accidental death on the evening of 3 May 2007 resulting in panic and hasty concealment of the body.

Isn't that Mr Amarals theory?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.12.13 21:03

I've said it before, Candyfloss. IMO Dr. Amaral has offered them an easy way out.They didn't take it and attacked him, because even that was too close to home ... IMO and all that jazz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 21.12.13 21:11

candyfloss wrote:
ultimaThule wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:

IMO.

Isn't that Mr Amaral's theory?  

Yes it is. And he also thought 'Smithman' was a very credible and promising lead.

Whatever else may be said about Amaral's book (and there's not much I'm legally allowed to say about it), it is a truism to point out that Amaral wrote his book a full 5.5 years ago and has never updated it. 

Quite a lot of new things have emerged during those 5.5 years.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 21.12.13 21:21

FWIW I think Amaral wrote his book using the "facts" as they were presented to him. Regardless of what he may have felt was the truth at the time, he was only able to write about what the evidence showed, otherwise he might well have been successfully sued for libel. By sticking to what the evidence that was made public showed, I think he's protected himself. And yes, a few years have since passed. And he may well believe something altogether different now.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21.12.13 21:23

I haven't heard Mr Amaral say anything about changing his theory, he has had ample opportunity to do so, and as you say Tony he could update his book. I'm sure he has just as much interest in it as when he was on the case, judging by the many interviews he has given. I would think that he is well up to date with what is going on and what has happened in the years since he left, and he is much closer to any investigation than we are I would think.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top