The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Would 2 years olds really say this?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Would 2 years olds really say this?

Post by jeanmonroe on 13.12.13 2:08

Would 2 years olds really say this?

"mummy, we saw 'uncle' Matthew raising the shutter with the strap cord in our room and opening the window"

"mummy, we also saw 'uncle' Matthew passing Maddy through the window to 'uncle' Russell"

"Now, now kids, eat your sea bass and don't spill your tea on your clothes."

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ekatae on 13.12.13 2:33

Did this 2 year old really say this?

ekatae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 13.12.13 2:37

@jeanmonroe wrote:Would 2 years olds really say this?

"mummy, we saw 'uncle' Matthew raising the shutter with the strap cord in our room and opening the window"

"mummy, we also saw 'uncle' Matthew passing Maddy through the window to 'uncle' Russell"

"Now, now kids, eat your sea bass and don't spill your tea on your clothes."

And later, when Kate tells Gerry what the twins have said, the couple resolve to make sure the twins have really been rendered unconscious before leaving them alone again.
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving Mom on 13.12.13 3:26

It is possible, my eighteen month old son said "I want to feed the bunny, too, Mommy."

Loving Mom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 13.12.13 4:27

@Loving Mom wrote:It is possible, my eighteen month old son said "I want to feed the bunny, too, Mommy."

Is this a contemporary tale or is it one that you've handed down to your son who graduated from an Oxbridge college with a first in semantics at the age of 12?
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 13.12.13 7:32

I wonder how the McCanns will explain the twins that Madeleine died that night.They wil lose their confidence in their parents. My theory is that they must feel already that something is really wrong. They must observe the parents' reactions at home, their intuition could be telling them that the parents are lying. Relatives visiting them could make mistakes, commenting the truth or commenting the police work. There is always somebody that talks too much, that makes freudian mistakes. It is impossible to keep such a public secret for so many years and I wonder if parents are allowing their young children to play at the McCanns' home.
Too much  has been said on internet and they must know about Payne's incident in Mallorca.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 13.12.13 7:52

A couple of things K has said strike me that tensions re the twins are surfacing. She has said she hasn't allowed the twins a sleepover. Maybe the truth is she fears invite refusals. This would be tricky to explain to two hurt children. Best do the pre-emptive statement.
Also K remarked that they had been taken aback by what one of the twins remembered. Taken aback, as in floored I wonder?

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 13.12.13 8:06

@ultimaThule wrote:
@Loving Mom wrote:It is possible, my eighteen month old son said "I want to feed the bunny, too, Mommy."

Is this a contemporary tale or is it one that you've handed down to your son who graduated from an Oxbridge college with a first in semantics at the age of 12?

laughat 

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.12.13 9:45

IMO a 2 year old would not say this.  Children of that age live in the moment, they are unable look forward to a concept such as Christmas, which has no meaning for them.   (Deleted)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.12.13 10:16

Sadly, such problems run in their family, in my opinion.

I remember being very surprised when my son, aged 2, saw an actor on TV playing the part of a Nazi soldier and called him a monster.

Monsters to a child are ugly misshapen fairy tale creatures, not someone who looks perfectly normal. I thought that he must have an amazing sense of perception. However, I don't remember if the actor was ranting and raving - if he was, that would explain what my son said as he described a relative who had a dreadful temper with the same word.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.12.13 10:18

I believe that the twins should be on social services "At Risk" register.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.12.13 10:18

@ultimaThule wrote:

Strange things do happen: one of my children, at around 1 year, said, pointing his finger at a picture of the Turin Shroud; 'Suss, Suss'

I still wonder why

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.12.13 10:22

Ladyinred wrote:I believe that the twins should be on social services "At Risk" register.

Maybe they are

And maybe KH has been forbidden to work as a doctor after the -feel-your-back-to-check-if-you're-still-alive shenanigans allegedly performed together with Fiona

Who knows what goes on outside the harsh glare of publicity where we all still dwell?

We only see what we are fed. Not what the actors in this sorry story feed on.

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 13.12.13 10:24

@Portia wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:

Strange things do happen: one of my children, at around 1 year, said, pointing his finger at a picture of the Turin Shroud; 'Suss, Suss'

I still wonder why

Because, even at such a tender age, he'd got it 'sussed',. Portia yes

What's his take on the McCann case?
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.12.13 10:37

@ultimaThule wrote:
@Portia wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:

I still wonder why

Because, even at such a tender age, he'd got it 'sussed',. Portia  yes

What's his take on the McCann case?

Dunno, never bothered to ask any one of my nearest and dearest what they think about it. Would probably consider it a darned waste of time

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.12.13 14:05

@Portia wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:

I still wonder why

My daughter thought the MGM lion was our elderly norfolk terrier.

She also once said, at circa 3 years old "We're not sheep people, we're real people."

She is five now and absolutely terrifyingly smart. Children these days are a different species to when I was that age, I'm quite certain of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 13.12.13 21:43

@Mirage wrote:A couple of things K has said strike me that tensions re the twins are surfacing. She has said she hasn't allowed the twins a sleepover. Maybe the truth is she fears invite refusals. This would be tricky to explain to two hurt children. Best do the pre-emptive statement.
Also K remarked that they had been taken aback by what one of the twins remembered. Taken aback, as in floored I wonder?

Who would allow their underage children to sleepover at the McCanns?  

It's not just Madeleine who's been denied the opportunity to become all she could be; the twins will forever be the objects of speculation, and worse, and this will impact on the quality of life they could have had if their parents hadn't put their needs before those of their children.
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 13.12.13 21:50

@ultimaThule wrote:
@Mirage wrote:A couple of things K has said strike me that tensions re the twins are surfacing. She has said she hasn't allowed the twins a sleepover. Maybe the truth is she fears invite refusals. This would be tricky to explain to two hurt children. Best do the pre-emptive statement.

Who would allow their underage children to sleepover at the McCanns?  

It's not just Madeleine who's lost the opportunity to become all she could be; the twins will forever be the objects of speculation, and worse, and this will impact on the quality of life they could have had if their parents hadn't put their needs before those of their children.

UT I agree entirely. I feel for those children.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 13.12.13 22:15

I don't think the question is if they were articulate enough to make such a statement at that age.  Some children are, some are not.

What I find interesting is the foresight they displayed in talking about a future event.  In my experience children  of that age live in the now.  What is happening this minute or they think about past events, wanting to do things again.  They don't concern themselves with next week or next month or next year.  So while they may ask is Madeleine ever coming home, or when is she coming home, they are rarely, if ever, disciplined enough to have a definitive timeframe.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving Mom on 15.01.14 1:41

@ultimaThule wrote:

This is not a tale, my son graduated from Cornell University then he graduated from NY University Law School. Why would care to respond me in such a nasty way? I was trying to be helpful by sharing. 
I am here hoping, like all of us, that the truth of what really happened to Madeleine finally is proven. It is very sad that her parents seem to be doing everything possible so that the truth not be known.

Loving Mom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 15.01.14 2:08

It was not my intention to be 'nasty' but, as I suspected, it's a tale you've handed down to your son over the years and IME such tales have a way of becoming more fond in the telling.  

Had you said "at 18 months my son said 'want feed bunny too, mummy'" I wouldn't have given it another thought and while I don't dispute that, on the principle all things are possible, some 18 month olds' may have the ability to construct sentences which are advanced for their age, I would prefer to hear it with my own ears rather than taking it on trust.

Fwiw I'm the subject of a family myth in that, having been an early reader, my dear mama has it that I was reading Shakespeare when I was 4 years old while, to the best of my recollection, I didn't become acquainted with the Bard's work until I was at least 10 5.  laughat

Please accept my apology and asssurance that I would never knowingly cause offence to a Loving Mum.   roses
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving Mom on 15.01.14 2:34

@ultimaThule wrote:It was not my intention to be 'nasty' and, as it transpires, it as I suspected a tale you've handed down to your son, and no doubt wider family/friends etc, over the years, and such tales have a way of growing in the telling.  

Had you said "at 18 months my son said 'want feed bunny too, mummy'" I wouldn't have given it another thought and while I don't dispute that, on the principle all things are possible, some 18 month olds' may have the ability to construct sentences which are advanced for their age, I would prefer to hear it with my own ears rather than taking on it trust.

Fwiw I'm the subject of a family myth in that, having been an early reader, my dear mama has it that I was reading Shakespeare when I was 4 years old when, to the best of my recollection, I didn't become acquainted with the Bard's work until I was at least 5.   laughat
It is a truth that I'd written down at the time and a truth that I handed down to my son (not a tale). Your insisting that what I shared is a tale really does not say much about you.  laughat You seem smug which is very unbecoming. I'm guessing your parents never taught you that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it. You 
may be a good writer but I'm surprised at your distrust in me when I've given you nothing but the truth. I am here hoping to find out the truth about what happened to Madeleine.

Loving Mom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 15.01.14 7:40

@Loving Mom wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:

This is not a tale, my son graduated from Cornell University then he graduated from NY University Law School. Why would care to respond me in such a nasty way? I was trying to be helpful by sharing. 
I am here hoping, like all of us, that the truth of what really happened to Madeleine finally is proven. It is very sad that her parents seem to be doing everything possible so that the truth not be known.

I'm quite happy with that remark. Although it is outstanding for a child that young.

The alleged question of the twins is not however, because like many of the remarks ascribed to Maddie, it has a temporal element. I.e. Christmas. Some time in the future.

I can believe  'where is Maddie?'  Or  'I want Maddie.'  

It also has the location specified i.e. 'home'.   A child is only aware of itself so 'I want Maddie!'  Yes.
'i want Maddie home!'  Never.

@ loving mum: my feeling is that you spent a lot of time with your son and talked to him all the time. It has been proved to help the development of the brain. What he said was very advanced for his age but it has neither a location nor time element.
Having you as a mother clearly makes him a lucky chap.

In the case of twins who would be communicating with each other more than the parents (just watch the doc. 'madeleine was here'. Where imo there is a distinct lack of interaction) . Speech development would be slowed down imo.
The Christmas request is as fake as Maddie's reported remarks.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 15.01.14 13:09

I think this is from AnnaEsse's blog: very useful read about the relationship of the twins with their sister.

http://www.zimbio.com/Madeleine+McCann/articles/zDe_zpZJ_OM/Madeleine+McCann+twins+Sean+Amelie+receive

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 15.01.14 13:27

Thanks for the link, Tigger.
I was interested by the Katherina Gaspar statement,
''"During our stay in Majorca, Dave and his wife, Fiona, accompanied by this daughter Lily, took Madeleine (page 6) with them to spend the day, in order to give Kate and Gerry a bit of rest and time to be with the twins."

I was a bit surprised by this, I would have thought it more usual for the parents to want the time with the older child, that is the one who needs reassuring and more 'me ' time, IMO. The twins have, and have always had, each other. And having the older sibling is  just the status quo for them, so is normal. The older child has possibly had to cope with a feeling that they have been replaced?

Just my opinion as a parent.
worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum