The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

A really terrible start for 'The People's Voice' as they launch a 35-minute video of Sonia Poulton interviewing nutcase Stephen Birch about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The People's Voice interviewing Stephen Birch for 35 minutes was...

1. A good idea

2. A bad idea

View results

Re: A really terrible start for 'The People's Voice' as they launch a 35-minute video of Sonia Poulton interviewing nutcase Stephen Birch about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.12.13 12:28

Woofer wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
mysterion wrote:If SBs claims are damaging the hunt for MM in the same way as the good Dr's book, why haven't the McCanns sued him?
Because his totally absurd claims, such as claiming that the PJ went around Apartment G5A planting fake human cadaverine around the place which deceived Britain's top police sniffer dogs, are so patently bogus.

There's no point in suing people who lack credibility
Tony I think you'ee twisting what was actually said - SB didn`t actually say that the PJ went around Apartment G5A planting fake human cadaverine around the place.  He did insinuate that DNA had been planted in the Scenic but didn't say by whom AFAIR.
Looking again at his quote (see my post above), I agree he didn't say exactly what I remembered he did; however, if you look at his actual words, he seems to say something even more ridiculous

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Re: A really terrible start for 'The People's Voice' as they launch a 35-minute video of Sonia Poulton interviewing nutcase Stephen Birch about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Post by aiyoyo on 05.12.13 12:29

We criticize the MSM for being sycophantic, being Mc-lackey, having no balls and what not.

People Voice TV as the name implies is PEOPLE's VOICE, hence if it hopes to live up to its name, then it must stand true to its purpose; thus to be neutral is the correct way to go.   It is down to intelligent people to discern the value of the news accordingly.
To put the channel down just because it gave SB (seen as a delusional fame and attention seeker by every quarter including the Mccanns and Police ) a voice is demeaning every one who've had a voice on it thus far.  
Pardon me, but this sort of mindset cant be endearing to serious contributors surely?  

The channel is supposed to be People 's VOICE per se, meaning neutral.  It does not claim to be Madeleine's Voice does it?
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.12.13 12:32

Woofer wrote:TB - "But to promote Birch's crazed views on a media site supposedly dedicated to the truth?

I don't think so. "

I may be wrong but I`m sure TPV hasn`t claimed to be dedicated to the truth
Woofer, this is the exact title given by David Icke's 'People's Voice' channel to the Sonia Poulton interview with Stephen Birch:

Sonia Poulton on The People' Voice: Stephen Birch - Madeleine McCann: What is the Truth?

Sonia Poulton on The People’s Voice: Stephen Birch – Madeleine McCann: What Is The Truth?

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by TMH on 05.12.13 12:33

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Stephen Birch does not claim - on Facebook anyway - to have permission to go ahead with the dig.
I'm sure I saw a screen shot on FB some back of him stating he was given permission?

http://www.chrisspivey.co.uk/murat-agrees-to-madeleine-dig/
TMH

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 05.12.13 12:36

Surely the purpose of a news channel is to report the news Tony, not create it.  In the case of missing Madeleine McCann, Stephen Birch is part of that news.  Are you suggesting that journalists should 'judge' the people they interview before giving them airtime?  Wouldn't that be some bizarre form of censorship and go against the ethos of the People's Voice TV channel?

Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 05.12.13 12:40

Tony Bennett wrote:
Woofer wrote:TB - "But to promote Birch's crazed views on a media site supposedly dedicated to the truth?

I don't think so. "

I may be wrong but I`m sure TPV hasn`t claimed to be dedicated to the truth
Woofer, this is the exact title given by David Icke's 'People's Voice' channel to the Sonia Poulton interview with Stephen Birch:

Sonia Poulton on The People' Voice: Stephen Birch - Madeleine McCann: What is the Truth?

Sonia Poulton on The People’s Voice: Stephen Birch – Madeleine McCann: What Is The Truth?
Yes, they are just asking WHAT IS THE TRUTH in the MM case?  They are not saying THIS IS THE TRUTH.  So when one asks such a question, there are bound to be varied opinions.  Yes, I agree what you said about SB being challenged but there are obviously things he cannot say via the media.  Is there anything in this case that can be 100% truth?   No.

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 05.12.13 12:45

Why cant people be objective and stop this dissenting?
Just because certain people ascribed to the view the Channel is rubbish just because they don't like certain people being given a voice, there's no need to jump on this gravy train IMO.
Christobell has the guts to stand up as a Voice for Madeleine, and that counts more than us anonymous people with a screen name.
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 05.12.13 12:46

Cristobell wrote:Surely the purpose of a news channel is to report the news Tony, not create it.  In the case of missing Madeleine McCann, Stephen Birch is part of that news.  Are you suggesting that journalists should 'judge' the people they interview before giving them airtime?  Wouldn't that be some bizarre form of censorship and go against the ethos of the People's Voice TV channel?
Precisely! I agree with that.
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 05.12.13 12:47

aiyoyo wrote:Why cant people be objective and stop this dissenting?
Just because certain people ascribed to the view the Channel is rubbish just because they don't like certain people being given a voice, there's no need to jump on this gravy train IMO.
Christobell has the guts to stand up as a Voice for Madeleine, and that counts more than us anonymous people with a screen name.
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.12.13 12:49

Tony Bennett wrote: [...]

Quote Money-Mind:
I remember when Stephen Birch first popped out of the ether and on to this forum some of us were of the opinion that he whilst appearing to be in search of truth much of what he said tended to confirm the McCann story and ultimately he would sing fully on their behalf. [...]
It's a pity Monkey-Mind isn't posting anymore. I always appreciated his balanced views, but I understand he has other matters to attend to. But what he wrote quoted above, stands out for me more than anything else. And I've been suggesting this on this forum before too. The biggest problem the McCanns have to explain away, is the cadaver scent in the rented Scenic ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.12.13 12:51

I don't think so. "

I may be wrong but I`m sure TPV hasn`t claimed to be dedicated to the truth... 

Here is David Icke in his very own words:
What a beautiful space they have in London! It’s exciting to see all these Truth initiatives moving forward with serendipitous speed and ease, isn’t it?

Imagine… a place to go for 24/7 truth on multitudinous topics, up-to-the-minute live feed, transparent reporting, on location… and by then there will be the most amazing details to share worldwide. This will bring the One People together like never before.                                                                                        

This is what I’ve been intending to manifest for so long; truth in media, so we can tell the world what’s REALLY going on—where, when, why, how, and whom. And best of all—IT’S FREE!

When he launched 'The People's Channel' in August this year, the Daily Mirror reported:

"He raised £300,000 to fund the station and says actor Keith Allen and human rights campaigner Peter Tatchell will be contributors".

I have never heard of Keith Allen.

But I have heard of Peter Tatchell.

Tatchell is well known for repeatedly demanding that the 'age of consent' be redcued as far as possible.

The possibility of tuning in to a broadcast by Peter Tatchell is IMO another good reason - besides their ill-advised 35-minute interview with Stephen Birch - for avoiding ever switching on to 'The People's Voice'.

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 05.12.13 12:53

Yes, I miss Monkey Mind`s posts as well.  Hope he/she is ok.
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.12.13 12:54

Châtelaine wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote: [...]

Quote Monkey-Mind:

I remember when Stephen Birch first popped out of the ether and on to this forum some of us were of the opinion that he whilst appearing to be in search of truth much of what he said tended to confirm the McCann story and ultimately he would sing fully on their behalf. [...]
What [Monkey-Mind] wrote, quoted above, stands out for me more than anything else. And I've been suggesting this on this forum before too. The biggest problem the McCanns have to explain away is the cadaver scent in the rented Scenic...
I think you have made a very good point

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 05.12.13 12:55

aiyoyo wrote:
Cristobell wrote:Surely the purpose of a news channel is to report the news Tony, not create it.  In the case of missing Madeleine McCann, Stephen Birch is part of that news.  Are you suggesting that journalists should 'judge' the people they interview before giving them airtime?  Wouldn't that be some bizarre form of censorship and go against the ethos of the People's Voice TV channel?
Precisely!  I agree with that.
I was going to say the same to your own post! smilie

Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.12.13 12:56

With all due respect, Tony, but if you don't like the channel, just don't watch it. We all have a choice.
And I would like to join the others here in saluting Cristobel's courage to speak publicly with open visor in the knowledge that she would be attacked for it roses 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.12.13 12:59

A reminder of one of Keith Allen's finest moments for Tony! He's the guy in the white shirt. He's also done battle with the members of the Westboro Baptist Church - shudder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLph6ePNkGQ

Monkey-Mind was certainly correct about Stephen Birch singing fully in support of the McCanns. He did just that on this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 05.12.13 13:05

Tony Bennett wrote:

I don't think so. "

I may be wrong but I`m sure TPV hasn`t claimed to be dedicated to the truth... 

Here is David Icke in his very own words:
What a beautiful space they have in London! It’s exciting to see all these Truth initiatives moving forward with serendipitous speed and ease, isn’t it?

Imagine… a place to go for 24/7 truth on multitudinous topics, up-to-the-minute live feed, transparent reporting, on location… and by then there will be the most amazing details to share worldwide. This will bring the One People together like never before.                                                                                        

This is what I’ve been intending to manifest for so long; truth in media, so we can tell the world what’s REALLY going on—where, when, why, how, and whom. And best of all—IT’S FREE!

When he launched 'The People's Channel' in August this year, the Daily Mirror reported:

"He raised £300,000 to fund the station and says actor Keith Allen and human rights campaigner Peter Tatchell will be contributors".

I have never heard of Keith Allen.

But I have heard of Peter Tatchell.

Tatchell is well known for repeatedly demanding that the 'age of consent' be redcued as far as possible.

The possibility of tuning in to a broadcast by Peter Tatchell is IMO another good reason - besides their ill-advised 35-minute interview with Stephen Birch - for avoiding ever switching on to 'The People's Voice'.

OK - This word `TRUTH` is so nebulous and often subjective.  They are using the term loosely to counter `untruths` being told by the MSM.  I wish they wouldn`t use it personally.  Their website states "
The People’s Voice is a free global internet TV & Radio station broadcasting the information, background and opinions the mainstream media won't touch.".  

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 05.12.13 13:07

I believed TPV was supposed to be the exact opposite to the mainstream media. Cutting through the crap, the dis/misinformation, the conflicting stories that muddy the waters. I thought it was about exposing the truth. Instead, so far (within a week) we've had Stephen Birch & Michael Shrimpton giving their own unsubstantiated and opposing theories that would leave anybody new to the case completely baffled. How is this any different to the MSM?

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 05.12.13 13:12

Daisy wrote:I believed TPV was supposed to be the exact opposite to the mainstream media. Cutting through the crap, the dis/misinformation, the conflicting stories that muddy the waters. I thought it was about exposing the truth. Instead, so far (within a week) we've had Stephen Birch & Michael Shrimpton giving their own unsubstantiated and opposing theories that would leave anybody new to the case completely baffled. How is this any different to the MSM?
Spot on Daisy.

@Tony Bennett. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

@Cristobell. As you say everyone is entitled to their opinion and I gave mine. I didn't ask you to agree with it.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 05.12.13 13:13

Your posturing stance on this matter is, frankly, ridiculous Tony.  You cite Peter Tatchell, as another reason never to tune into TPV again, because you find him morally corrupt.  On that basis and given the scandal surrounding Jimmy Savile, can we assume you no longer tune into the BBC?

You are doing precisely the same as the McCann supporters, in that you are covering your ears and saying 'I'm not listening'.  You are demanding that the brand new channel TPV, in its infancy, should be as well resourced and professional as its mainstream rivals who have decades of experience and massive funding behind them.  

If you do not wish to tune in, fine.  But please do not throw cold water on a new enterprise that is attempting to give a platform to those the mainstream choose to ignore.

Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 05.12.13 13:16

Daisy - at least its bringing the case to more people.  There are bound to be some wacky topics we don`t necessarily go along with.  The thought of them giving Peter Tatchell a voice unnerves me , but we`re supposed to be a democracy that allows freedom of speech - and I would rather have him spouting his stuff than us drift more and more into a police state.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 05.12.13 13:17

aquila wrote:
Daisy wrote:I believed TPV was supposed to be the exact opposite to the mainstream media. Cutting through the crap, the dis/misinformation, the conflicting stories that muddy the waters. I thought it was about exposing the truth. Instead, so far (within a week) we've had Stephen Birch & Michael Shrimpton giving their own unsubstantiated and opposing theories that would leave anybody new to the case completely baffled. How is this any different to the MSM?
Spot on Daisy.

@Cristobell. As you say everyone is entitled to their opinion and I gave mine. I didn't ask you to agree with it.
And I exercised my right to reply.

Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 05.12.13 13:21

Cristobell wrote:
aquila wrote:
Spot on Daisy.

And I exercised my right to reply.
You did indeed exercise your right to reply. Here's a snip from it

"I was expecting to be torn to shreds by the McCann supporters and to be honest, I suppose I knew that a few on here would join in with the bitching."

I take it my opinion falls into your 'bitching' category.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.12.13 13:33

Replies to Cristobell

REPLY TO TONY: The entire global media industry have been promoting inaccurate information about Madeleine's disappearance since the case began! At this stage Tony, no-one can say for certain what is 'accurate'. Both you and I have researched Birch's claims and found them to be rubbish, but we cannot demand that people believe us.

REPLY: But I can equally criticise 'The People's Voice' for actively promoting what you yourself condemn as 'rubbish'.

REPLY TO TONY: 'the truth to us' was generic, apologies it wasn't clear. I'm not suggesting Sonia should interview every fruitloop who steps up with a theory Tony, that would be ridiculous. Stephen Birch however is a person of interest in this case (not in a criminal sense), that is, there are enough people interested in his theory to warrant interviewing him.

REPLY: What kind of argument is that? Do we give Muslim terrorists in this country a platform for their odious views? At least if we do, we should vigorously challenge them. Poulton conspicuously failed to challenge what you yourself say is Birch's 'rubbish'. Have fruitloops like Birch on your channel if you really want to make a fool of yourself. but at the very least expose them as fruitloops they are. Besides, are there 'enough people' interested in his theory? - I think they can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

REPLY TO TONY: something we have been fighting for, for 6+ years!

REPLY: Only for Birch to be given an unchallenged 35 minutes.

REPLY TO TONY: One of our biggest problems with this case has been the failure of the UK mainstream media. It is rather churlish now to tear apart the opening programmes,

REPLY: We should not criticise them at all? We should all stay silent if they put out unadulterated rubbish?

and the amazing efforts of a small group of zealous people who have the guts to attempt something new.

REPLY: Hats off to them if they produce credible news, interviews and research.

REPLY TO TONY: See above. Whether we like it or not, he has risen to prominence in this case and he has an audience.

REPLY: Who says he has 'risen to prominence'? And even if he has, does that mean 'The People's Voice' should air his views without challenge? Rev Paul Flowers, of 'gay orgy, defrunding charities and drugs' fame, never mind running one of Britain's banks, has recently 'risen to prominence'. Does that mean that 'The People's Voice' should give him an unchallenged platform to promote his views?

REPLY TO TONY: I don't know who 'chooses' interviewees. I was invited to appear by Sonia - whilst yours is still 'live' and continuing and raising more questions. What I find difficult to comprehend Tony, is that we are all on the same side...I am using the term 'same side' generically, in that we are all outside of the mainstream media - if it weren't for TPV tv, we would not have a voice. That is why we are here - to get justice for Madeleine McCann, and demeaning the efforts of a brave journalist like Sonia Poulton who is actually putting our side across, makes no sense whatsoever.

REPLY: I've stated my views re Sonia Poulton's interview with Birch. Maybe 'The People's Voice' will bring us in-depth news and analysis of things we don't hear about on the mainstream media. It has not IMO made a promising start. As for yourself, anyone who takes risks to get out the truth deserves credit.

REPLY TO TONY: Surely the purpose of a news channel is to report the news Tony, not create it. In the case of missing Madeleine McCann, Stephen Birch is part of that news. Are you suggesting that journalists should 'judge' the people they interview before giving them airtime?

REPLY: Most definitely. Good judgment is a very important part of good journalism.

REPLY TO TONY: Wouldn't that be some bizarre form of censorship?

REPLY: Not censorship, and not bizarre. You say Birch's views are rubbish. Can you explain why Poulton didn't challenge him?

REPLY TO TONY: ...and go against the ethos of the People's Voice TV channel? as The People's Voice TV have offered us a platform to put forward our side of this story - something we have not had thus far.

REPLY: I will listen out with great interest for any futher coverage by Icke & Poulton of the Madeleine McCann case.

In the meantime, it looks like we will have to agree to disagree about a few things.

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.12.13 13:37

Châtelaine wrote:With all due respect, Tony, but if you don't like the channel, just don't watch it. We all have a choice.
Chatelaine. This forum is all about what really happened to Madeleine McCann.

With all due respect, if I think an interview somewhere has not served the cause of finding out what really happened to her, I am surely able to say so?

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum