The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

A really terrible start for 'The People's Voice' as they launch a 35-minute video of Sonia Poulton interviewing nutcase Stephen Birch about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The People's Voice interviewing Stephen Birch for 35 minutes was...

1. A good idea

2. A bad idea

View results

A really terrible start for 'The People's Voice' as they launch a 35-minute video of Sonia Poulton interviewing nutcase Stephen Birch about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.12.13 23:51

This is giving David Icke a bad name.

How the heck is Birch featured by 'The People's Voice' as having any ability to comment intelligently on the disappearance of Madeleine?

'The People's Voice' is going to be known before long as 'The Nutters' Voice':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYv3O476PTA    [ "Lizard TV - Sonia Poulton trawls the pits and interviews crazy Birch" ]  

2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Re: A really terrible start for 'The People's Voice' as they launch a 35-minute video of Sonia Poulton interviewing nutcase Stephen Birch about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Post by DonNewbery on 05.12.13 0:16

@Tony Bennett wrote:This is giving David Icke a bad name.

How the heck is Birch featured by 'The People's Voice' as having any ability to comment intelligently on the disappearance of Madeleine?

'The People's Voice' is going to be known before long as 'The Nutters' Voice':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYv3O476PTA    [ "Lizard TV - Sonia Poulton trawls the pits and interviews crazy Birch" ]  
Yes, this isn't helping in the quest for the truth at all. About the last thing we need right now.

DonNewbery

Back to top Go down

Re: A really terrible start for 'The People's Voice' as they launch a 35-minute video of Sonia Poulton interviewing nutcase Stephen Birch about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Post by Cristobell on 05.12.13 0:58

I don't agree with what Stephen Birch says, but I defend his right to say to it (Voltaire).  If we demand the banning of selective people then we are no better than the McCanns.

Apart from that, I am saddened to see this thread, and more particularly its title.  I say Bravo to the People's Voice TV, they are attempting to start a news channel that will get the truth through to us, something we have been fighting for, for 6+ years!  One of our biggest problems with this case has been the failure of the UK mainstream media.  It is rather churlish now to tear apart the opening programmes, and the amazing efforts of a small group of zealous people who have the guts to attempt something new. 

As far as the People's Voice TV is concerned, give it a chance, it will find its levels and I suspect will become a very valuable news source for those of us who have lost faith in the MSM.  As for Stephen Birch being a nutter - with respect Tony, that is how you were seen, especially in those early days.  His theory is easily disproved, whilst yours is still 'live' and continuing and raising more questions.

What I find difficult to comprehend Tony, is that we are all on the same side.  That is why we are here - to get justice for Madeleine McCann, and demeaning the efforts of a brave journalist like Sonia Poulton who is actually putting our side across, makes no sense whatsoever.

Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 05.12.13 1:38

I agree with Cristobell and I don't agree at all with Birch.  But it is his right to show his own opinion.
If everybody would think the same about an issue, the existence of a forum would not be necessary, neither a tv channel like The People's Voice.
We have to respect different opinions, without being banned from society or from this world.

marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 05.12.13 2:23

@Cristobell wrote:I don't agree with what Stephen Birch says, but I defend his right to say to it (Voltaire).  If we demand the banning of selective people then we are no better than the McCanns.

Apart from that, I am saddened to see this thread, and more particularly its title.  I say Bravo to the People's Voice TV, they are attempting to start a news channel that will get the truth through to us, something we have been fighting for, for 6+ years!  One of our biggest problems with this case has been the failure of the UK mainstream media.  It is rather churlish now to tear apart the opening programmes, and the amazing efforts of a small group of zealous people who have the guts to attempt something new. 

As far as the People's Voice TV is concerned, give it a chance, it will find its levels and I suspect will become a very valuable news source for those of us who have lost faith in the MSM.  As for Stephen Birch being a nutter - with respect Tony, that is how you were seen, especially in those early days.  His theory is easily disproved, whilst yours is still 'live' and continuing and raising more questions.

What I find difficult to comprehend Tony, is that we are all on the same side.  That is why we are here - to get justice for Madeleine McCann, and demeaning the efforts of a brave journalist like Sonia Poulton who is actually putting our side across, makes no sense whatsoever.
I agree Cristobell

And even though I don't have much time for Birch personally, he did bring up good and valid points which is all I am most interested in, not the man

Sonia Poulten did a good job of putting our side across and was genuine on this and on other subjects

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria on 05.12.13 2:48

Hi everyone, Im Maria hi 
I just watched the show and thought it was good, I agree with Cristobell, the man has a right to his opinion and though I don't agree with some of what he said, he definately didn't come across as a nutter in my opinion. 
Even if he is a nutter he has a right to voice his opinion, and at least he did it in a nice way, unlike the horrible pros on twitter.

Maria

Back to top Go down

Post by columbostogeys on 05.12.13 7:12

@Cristobell wrote:I don't agree with what Stephen Birch says, but I defend his right to say to it (Voltaire).  If we demand the banning of selective people then we are no better than the McCanns.

I agree with you Cristobell. I thought the interview was handled very well.

One thing i didnt know about the GM sighting near to Murats house is this correct?

I think SB lost it for me when he said the DNA was planted in the car thats just making his theory fit isnt it? Although IF there were scent of cadaver still about it can be transferred naturally.

Also I am a bit phased, was there a big hole already to have a drive way or did someone get up in the middle of night and dig a huge hole, I mean how would the childs body be under the driveway anyway?

No I think if you have a peoples voice it has to be heard by EVERYONE.

columbostogeys

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.12.13 7:21

REPLY, also @marconi and @jd and @maria: and @columbostogeys:   This is not in any way, shape or form an attack on free speech. Birch has freedom to spout his nonsense on YouTube, for example, which he has done. The simple issue is whether a new media channel seeking to etsablish itself as credible should choose to promote Birch's views. ANYONE who promotes inaccurate information about Madeleine's disappearance does a disservice to her.

Apart from that, I am saddened to see this thread, and more particularly its title.  I say Bravo to the People's Voice TV, they are attempting to start a news channel that will get the truth through to us...

REPLY: Cristobell, please tell me how promoting Birch's views is 'getting the truth to us'? There have been literally hundreds of 'psychics' who have come up with one imaginative theory after another about what happened to Madeleine - every single one of them different from the others. Should 'The People's Voice' interview all of them? Or should CMOMM give them all a platform on the grounds of 'freedom of speech'?

...something we have been fighting for, for 6+ years!  One of our biggest problems with this case has been the failure of the UK mainstream media.  It is rather churlish now to tear apart the opening programmes, and the amazing efforts of a small group of zealous people who have the guts to attempt something new. 

As far as the People's Voice TV is concerned, give it a chance, it will find its levels and I suspect will become a very valuable news source for those of us who have lost faith in the MSM.  As for Stephen Birch being a nutter - with respect Tony, that is how you were seen, especially in those early days.  His theory is easily disproved,

REPLY: In that case, why should any media outliet trying to win credibility give him a single second of air time? Who is the editor of 'The People's Voice'? - who chooses the people they interview?

whilst yours is still 'live' and continuing and raising more questions.

What I find difficult to comprehend Tony, is that we are all on the same side.  

REPLY: Are you saying that Stephen Birch is 'on the same side'?  Have you actually listened carefully to all that he says?

That is why we are here - to get justice for Madeleine McCann, and demeaning the efforts of a brave journalist like Sonia Poulton who is actually putting our side across, makes no sense whatsoever.

REPLY: Sonia Poulton, for all I know, might be doing some good news stories which do actually reveal the truth about a great many things. Featuring Birch's views for 35 minutes on the subject of Madeleine McCann doesn't encourage me to make a second visit to 'The People's Voice' anytime soon. 

2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 05.12.13 7:40

From Cristobell's own topic  'a rational discourse'  July 2012.

I see that a couple of people have picked up on my reference to the parents and friends having to prove their innocence. I preceded that statement with the word 'unfortunately', for good reason. It is clear to the whole world and its dog, that Kate and Gerry are desperate to find both Madeleine and Peace of Mind. Apart from coping with the loss of their beloved daughter (and yes, I think she was much loved), they also have to cope with questions about that night for ever more. 

The publicity has been phenomenal, but its success was bound to attract armchair sleuths worldwide, as well as a few obsessive, crusader types who will never give up until they find their holy grail. People climb Mount Everest, just because its there. I am sure along with the 'Stephen Birchs' there are independents out there financing their own search for a 'live' Maddie. 

We all want to know what happened to Madeleine. We want an ending to the story, closure. Preferably a happy ending. I would love nothing more than for her to be found safe and well, but my rational side tells me that the chances are unlikely, and it should be ok to say that. 

Innocent until proven guilty may be written into the statutes, but human nature is too inquisitive for that, and often works the opposite way. It bypasses sympathy too, if it didn't cops would not be able to do their job. A woman could be found standing over the body of her husband with a smoking gun in her hand, and say 'it wasn't me, I'm the grieving widow', and the cop would say, 'oh, right you are then, I'll move on'. 

This is a unique case - the files and investigation have been made public and we geeks have access to it. The parents have courted publicity which fuels the gossip further. Unless they retire into obscurity, the questions will never go away. It must be a nightmare situation. 
Unquote

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.12.13 8:30

Ha!

I said it at the time, but Birch is such a one trick pony. He must have a pretty good idea that Murat isn't going to dig up the drive himself anytime soon. Which, incidentally, is the first thing I'd be doing, in his situation.

Who was the first person to claim that the PJ had Maddie's body and had used to it plant evidence? Such an odd claim, yet then there is that strange comment in relation to the documents being withheld by the Home Office, that their release would jeopardise the return of the body, expressed in a manner that does suggest that the whereabouts is known.

And I've mentioned Birch's claims about the sighting of Gerry in several threads and nobody seems interested in discussing it further.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.12.13 8:39

Birch's claims are at least falsifiable.
Whether anyone will ever perform the simple experiment is another matter.

"The moon is made of green cheese".  Go there and bring a bit back. It isn't
"The shutters were jemmied open". Examine the shutters.  They were not
"A sudden gust of wind whooshed the curtains and slammed the door".   Look at the Met office and airport records. There was no such gust. So it didn't
"Maddie is buried exactly here". Dig it up and look. She either is, or is not.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 05.12.13 8:45

Is it even possible to give David Icke a worse name?

I switch off after about two paragraphs of his ramblings.  I am surprised he hasn't blamed this case on the Groco lizards who inhabit the caves and caverns below us.
Pershing36

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 05.12.13 8:57

Birch got 35 minutes? How long did Cristobell get?
Google.Gaspar.Statements

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.12.13 9:01

@Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:Birch got 35 minutes? How long did Cristobell get?
AFAIK this is all we have seen so far of Cristobell's interview with an excitable, near-manic, Sonia Poulton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydNfRYkOHtk

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 05.12.13 9:13

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:Birch got 35 minutes? How long did Cristobell get?
AFAIK this is all we have seen so far of Cristobell's interview with an excitable, near-manic, Sonia Poulton:

One minute 25 versus 35 minutes!

Did Hideho get her interview? Did Martin Grimes get his interview?
Google.Gaspar.Statements

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 05.12.13 9:20

I watched the whole interview and didn't understand the point of it. A journalist and an author/blogger having a fireside chat about nothing much imo. There was no structure to the interview. Cristobell managed to plug her own book by title but forgot to mention the title of GA's book and generally it was talking about internet 'shills' - well that's the impression it left on me.

Sonia Poulton asked for Cristobell's opinion on things and it wasn't given so Sonia Poulton gave her own opinion on things.

Nothing of substance is all I can report in my humble opinion. Nothing with meat on its bones. I think I'll give it a miss next time.

I await to be crucified.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 05.12.13 9:24

@aquila wrote:I watched the whole interview and didn't understand the point of it. A journalist and an author/blogger having a fireside chat about nothing much imo. There was no structure to the interview. Cristobell managed to plug her own book by title but forgot to mention the title of GA's book and generally it was talking about internet 'shills' - well that's the impression it left on me.

Sonia Poulton asked for Cristobell's opinion on things and it wasn't given so Sonia Poulton gave her own opinion on things.

Nothing of substance is all I can report in my humble opinion. Nothing with meat on its bones. I think I'll give it a miss next time.

I await to be crucified.
Is cristobell's book about Madeleine McCann?
Google.Gaspar.Statements

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 05.12.13 9:27

@Tony Bennett wrote:

I`m glad I`m not the only one who winces a bit with Sonia`s overly enthusiastic delivery.  I do wish she wouldn`t shout and overdo the drama.   If anything is going to lose them credibility its the way she stirs the pot so eagerly.

As regards Stephen Birch - of course he should be allowed to have his say and he is not unintelligent.  I`m on the fence as regards his theory.

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 05.12.13 9:32

@aquila wrote:I watched the whole interview and didn't understand the point of it. A journalist and an author/blogger having a fireside chat about nothing much imo. There was no structure to the interview. Cristobell managed to plug her own book by title but forgot to mention the title of GA's book and generally it was talking about internet 'shills' - well that's the impression it left on me.

I await to be crucified.
That`s why Sonia Poulton is not the best of interviewers - her manic delivery would make me go the opposite - it must be so off-putting.  She`s sooooooo loud.
Woofer

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 05.12.13 9:33

@Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:

I await to be crucified.
No.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 05.12.13 9:34

@aquila wrote:

I await to be crucified.
No.
big grin  No wonder she only got one minute 25!!!
Google.Gaspar.Statements

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 05.12.13 9:38

@aquila wrote:

I await to be crucified.
No.
The interview was a lot longer than 1min 25.

What you are watching is a youtube snip offered up quickly by 'pro McCanns'.

The full interview with Cristobell is not available as yet on youtube.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 05.12.13 9:41

I initially thought SB was a "plant" and I am still not sure about him.

However, in answer to TB's question I voted No.

Having started to watch the actual interview I am now wondering if I was wrong in voting no. At one stage he referred to an officer called Redmond at Leicester Police and that he sent a Report about his findings to them and had been exchanging emails. He then got an email from Redmond asking how he got the results of his scan off his machine and he told him by downloading it onto a "stick".

I would be very worried now if I were SB because this sounds very familiar to me.

It also makes me think if Leicester Police were asked by whoever to find out where this information off SB's machine is, his theory about transferring attention away from Murat and onto the MCanns seems possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.12.13 9:45

@aquila wrote:

I await to be crucified.
No.
Just a reminder of what PeterMac said about the interview with Cristobell on the other thread.................

@PeterMac wrote:very interesting.
Cool, calm and collected.
Mentioned the following - amongst other things.

Discussoin about Trolls and paid shills and the venom and viscousness they use to attack anyone who do not follow the"official story"

Questions about the McCanns behaviour right from the start - and we must be allowed to ask the questions
FUND - Kennedy saying right from the start that it was for legal fees - why would they need lawyers at that stage
40 questions unanswered - even though it was on legal advice, why would not the mother of a lost child overrule that and tell them everything
Mitchell refuses to go on the programme ! Offer still open
People being "Cowed" into silence - why
Silencing of dissent against the "official story"
24 cases of McCanns suing people - why not just challenge and refute the arguments
Lack of honesty throughout the whole story
What is going on in Portugal at the moment - good long update

Finishing with
This is NOT a witch hunt. We just want to find out what happened to MM.

I tried to record it, but the sound quality is dreadful, and I had an intermittent delays.
It should be on YouTube

A very good start. Open invitation for her to appear again in the future,

_ _ _ _ _

Now watch the hate campaign, trolls and shills really start.
Admin, put on your gas mask and rubber gloves. This could get nasty.
It is only a brief snip on youtube I believe, and I do wonder how many here would have the guts to appear 'live' and give their views and show their faces, rather than being anonymous behind a computer screen? Well done Cristobell. .

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 05.12.13 9:53

candyfloss wrote:Just a reminder of what PeterMac said about the interview with Cristobell on the other thread.................
Sorry I'm sure. Not many of us can spend all day on the forum like you do so some threads and comments are missed.
Google.Gaspar.Statements

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
McCanns apt & hire car

Blood and cadaver alerts
dismissed by UK Government

Retired DCI Gonçalo Amaral: "The English can always present the conclusions to which they themselves arrived in 2007. Because they know, they have the evidence of what happened - they don't need to investigate anything. All this is now a mere 'show off'."

Retired murder DCI Colin Sutton: "I would also like to make the point that Operation Grange was so restricted from the start as to be destined to fail."

Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley made public on national TV that Operation Grange is a complete fraud.

Ex-DCI Andy Redwood had a "revelation moment" on BBC's Crimewatch on 14th October 2013 when he announced that Operation Grange had eliminated the Tanner sighting - which opened up the 'window of opportunity', in accordance with their remit, to allow the fake abduction to happen.

Despite "irrelevant behaviour" from blood and cadaver dogs in the McCann's apartment, on Kate McCann's clothes, and in the car they hired three weeks after Maddie disappeared, Ex-Chief Inspector, Ian Horrocks, said: "The thought that Kate and Gerry McCann had anything to do with the death of their daughter is frankly preposterous."

Gerry McCann called for example to be made of 'trolls'. SKY News reporter Martin Brunt doorstepped Brenda Leyland on 2 October 2014. She was then found dead in a Leicester hotel room. Brenda paid the price. She paid with her life.

Ex-Deputy Chief Constable, Jim Gamble QPM, congratulated SKY reporter, Martin Brunt, on twitter for doorstepping Brenda Leyland on behalf of Gerry McCann.

Prime Minister Theresa May introduces Prime Suspect Kate McCann to Royalty: The Duchess of Gloucester.

Good Cop Down: The reality of being a police whistleblower
https://goodcopdown.wordpress.com/