The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Unrealistic accounts of events

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unrealistic version of events

Post by RIPM on 11.11.13 12:24

I expect they were weaned on haggis and deep fried Mars bars. ultimaThule

Stereotyping Scottish people ,a bit like Sardine munching Portuguese. Unnecessary

RIPM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unrealistic accounts of events

Post by ultimaThule on 11.11.13 12:25

@Portia wrote:If Amelie, according to her own father, in those early days already was capable of (wanting to) take care of babies, what was she capable of telling about het missing sister?
I'd like to know if the babies Amelie wanted to take care of were asleep and also the manner in which she tried to take care of them.  

Through play, children act out scenes they've observed/participated in.  Death is not a concept that very young children can understand and if Amelie saw Madeleine dead she may have thought her sister was asleep. 

If she was alone with her dead sister, she may have tried to rouse her by bringing, or pretending to bring, food and drink and trying to feed her. 

Being unable to rouse her, Amelie may have tried to make her more comfortable by rearranging her pillow or covering her more securely with a blanket.  If Madeleine was uncovered, she may have tried to bring these items to her.

I continue to believe the McCanns have, effectively, told us everything and that it's a question of going through their every word with a fine tooth comb to discover what happened to their eldest daughter.
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.11.13 12:30

@ultimaThule wrote:
@Portia wrote:If Amelie, according to her own father, in those early days already was capable of (wanting to) take care of babies, what was she capable of telling about het missing sister?
I'd like to know if the babies Amelie wanted to take care of were asleep and also the manner in which she tried to take care of them.  

Through play, children act out scenes they've observed/participated in.  Death is not a concept that very young children can understand and if Amelie saw Madeleine dead she may have thought her sister was asleep. 

If she was alone with her dead sister, she may have tried to rouse her by bringing, or pretending to bring, food and drink and trying to feed her. 

Being unable to rouse her, Amelie may have tried to make her more comfortable by rearranging her pillow or covering her more securely with a blanket.  If Madeleine was uncovered, she may have tried to bring these items to her.

I continue to believe the McCanns have, effectively, told us everything and that it's a question of going through their every word with a fine tooth comb to discover what happened to their eldest daughter.
Thank you, that is very, very perceptive! Indeed, that is what children do, and which ability is routinely used by police to have them reveal what happened to them or was done to them

Back to top Go down

Post by secrets and lies on 11.11.13 12:40

Going back a few pages on this thread to Gerry's blog excerpt-I am somewhat stunned. No, I am truly stunned.

Intuitively I avoided reading any of this man's blog at the time-I knew it would give me indigestion from the various mutterings about it I had heard.

I have always largely based my view of The McCanns on the files and from watching interviews, but this type of blogging in the aftermath of his daughter's disappearance simply astounds me. How? HOW could you write that. The drive towards self publicizing and self love is unmistakable. Did he see himself as a budding celebrity. Were there thoughts of a reality tv series "at home with wee Gerry and Kate". WTF.   

IF this man and his wife had simply been caught up in a tragic accident and were running around like headless chickens trying to cover their arses how on EARTH could you find the desire to waste time writing this garbage.

The story of what really happened in Pria De Luz is clearly far far stranger than fiction.

I do not doubt for a second that we are dealing with a very sick codependency relationship (Mc's) and at least one of them would appear to have a sociopathic mind. Therefore, anything is impossible. Anything.
secrets and lies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.11.13 12:41

@ultimaThule wrote:

That's so sad to even contemplate. I'm personally convinced that what was thought to be Madeleine crying for Daddy was actually one of the twins crying for Maddie. I can almost feel the tears welling up when I think about that, and I'm a bloke!

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 11.11.13 13:23

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:

That's so sad to even contemplate. I'm personally convinced that what was thought to be Madeleine crying for Daddy was actually one of the twins crying for Maddie. I can almost feel the tears welling up when I think about that, and I'm a bloke!
For all right minded people scenarios such as this are unutterably sad, Clay.

Unfortunately, it isn't something that's been dreamt up by an over-active imagination as many children have found themselves home alone with a dead parent or sibling, or have experienced far worse in their young lives.  

While play therapy can help very young children by alleviating part, if not all, of the fear and stress caused by traumatic events and has been used to aid the police in establishing what took place, it can't be used as evidence in a court of law.  

Coincidentally, I have been giving some thought to one of the twins crying for 'Maddie' and this could be the reason, or one of them, why the McCanns placed such great emphasis on her never being called by the diminuitive of her name despite evidence to the contrary.  

Given KM's graphic description on P.129 of her bewk, I've also given thought to Madeleine crying 'Daddy' for an entirely different reason than lamenting his absence. sad
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 11.11.13 13:32

@ultimaThule wrote:
Given KM's graphic description on P.129 of her bewk, I've also given thought to Madeleine crying 'Daddy' for an entirely different reason than lamenting his absence. sad
I did used to think the same but I don't honestly think this is the case. I think she was calling for her Daddy to help her. So I think it was someone else. sad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 11.11.13 13:35

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Kate doesn't mention anything about paying for IVF treatment in her book. Okay, she's hardly a paragon of honesty normally but that I feel may be true.
I freely confess I haven't read the bewk and my knowledge of its contents is confined to what I've gleaned from this and other sites.

As medics, the McCanns may have been given preferential treatment in terms of IVF on the NHS, or a discount if they attended a private clinic. 

If KM didn't mention paying for IVF treatment in the UK, I'm wondering why she found it necessary to mention they received free IVF treatment while living in Amsterdam.

In the normal course of events I wouldn't wonder about these things but, given it's come from the horse's mouth and given the horse is not noted for keeping a straight course, it's yet another piece to be added to the ever growing jigsaw.
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 11.11.13 13:37

@Angelique wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:
I did used to think the same but I don't honestly think this is the case. I think she was calling for her Daddy to help her. So I think it was someone else. sad
I'm inclined to agree with you, Angelique, but I'm finding it hard to quantify how much of that is due to my not being able to get past p.129.
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.11.13 14:03

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/889.aspx?CategoryID-54

Information about free IVF treatment.

I've only managed the briefest glimpses of the book myself, ultimaThule, before running off screaming. There has been a topic on here about Kate's IVF treatment.

She would presumably have qualified under the NHS.

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 11.11.13 14:32

@secrets and lies wrote:Going back a few pages on this thread to Gerry's blog excerpt-I am somewhat stunned. No, I am truly stunned.

Intuitively I avoided reading any of this man's blog at the time-I knew it would give me indigestion from the various mutterings about it I had heard.

I have always largely based my view of The McCanns on the files and from watching interviews, but this type of blogging in the aftermath of his daughter's disappearance simply astounds me. How? HOW could you write that. The drive towards self publicizing and self love is unmistakable. Did he see himself as a budding celebrity. Were there thoughts of a reality tv series "at home with wee Gerry and Kate". WTF.   

IF this man and his wife had simply been caught up in a tragic accident and were running around like headless chickens trying to cover their arses how on EARTH could you find the desire to waste time writing this garbage.

The story of what really happened in Pria De Luz is clearly far far stranger than fiction.

I do not doubt for a second that we are dealing with a very sick codependency relationship (Mc's) and at least one of them would appear to have a sociopathic mind. Therefore, anything is impossible. Anything.
In the short time since I joined this site, the number of revelations I've experienced make Andy Redwood's Eureka moment pale into insignificance. frown 

Incidentally, the blog tigger reproduced was written on or before 20 May 2007, less than 2.5 weeks after Madeleine was allegedly abducted by paedophiles bigshock  Following publication, it appears GM was advised to use her name in every paragraph thereafter - not that he took this suggestion on board.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there weren't thoughts of a series of 'at home with wee Gerry and Kate' as you've described. Perhaps they saw themselves as Laddie Richard & Judy, but parking their arses on celebrity sofas around the globe is more in keeping with their inconsistency and they obviously share an affinity with wee Miss Kelly who's hosted them on numerous occasions.

Having, like yourself, successfully avoided reading KM's bewk and GM's blogs, I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that I have to keep the sick bag handy bite the bullet and take a dive into these twin cesspits of deviancy in the interests of further undertanding the extent of this couple's depravity affraid
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 11.11.13 14:49

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/889.aspx?CategoryID-54

Information about free IVF treatment.

I've only managed the briefest glimpses of the book myself, ultimaThule, before running off screaming. There has been a topic on here about Kate's IVF treatment.

She would presumably have qualified under the NHS.
The McCanns would have undoubtedly qualified for up to 3 IVF treatments on the NHS, but waiting lists can be long and I don't get the impression patience is GM's strongpoint.

They were reputed to be strapped for cash prior to the, what was also reputed to be a make or break, holiday in Portugal and, as the mortgage repayments on Rothley Towers wouldn't overly deplete their combined income, I'd like to know whether they had any large debts outstanding before they became millionaires in May 2007.

O well, I'll have to content myself with the knowledge that all will be revealed in good time
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 11.11.13 15:19

@Portia wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Interesting that they give the children breakfast, sitting in their full nappies, and only change them afterwards.
Yes, rather surprised me too! Highly unusual, I'd say, to leave to soiled babies in their rags at the breakfast table

As if they had never actually performed any of the normal daily routines that prevail in a normals day-to-day household
GM is the youngest of 5 and I can't imagine he was brought up to fetch and clean for his 3 older female siblings 

As an only child, I would hazard guess that KM had all of her physical needs met by a mother with a martyr complex; I doubt that KM would have been encouraged to cook, clean, iron because no-one could come up to the exacting standards of Mrs Healy who would then, of course, complain she was put upon by 'everyone'.

Fwiw, I don't find it a coincidence that KM chose to marry a man who appears to be the antithesis of her father and I very much doubt her mother approved of her choice.

My money's on the McCanns having spent many years in hospital accomodation and it may be that neither of them had been responsible for running a home until they married.   GM appears to be far from being a 'new man' or in touch with his feminine side (which I don't believe he possesses) and, as an obviously non-maternal type, it's unlikely KM would aspire to be a domestic goddess.
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 11.11.13 15:43

@ultimaThule wrote:
@Portia wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Interesting that they give the children breakfast, sitting in their full nappies, and only change them afterwards.
Yes, rather surprised me too! Highly unusual, I'd say, to leave to soiled babies in their rags at the breakfast table

As if they had never actually performed any of the normal daily routines that prevail in a normals day-to-day household
GM is the youngest of 5 and I can't imagine he was brought up to fetch and clean for his 3 older female siblings 

As an only child, I would hazard guess that KM had all of her physical needs met by a mother with a martyr complex; I doubt that KM would have been encouraged to cook, clean, iron because no-one could come up to the exacting standards of Mrs Healy who would then, of course, complain she was put upon by 'everyone'.

Fwiw, I don't find it a coincidence that KM chose to marry a man who appears to be the antithesis of her father and I very much doubt her mother approved of her choice.

My money's on the McCanns having spent many years in hospital accomodation and it may be that neither of them had been responsible for running a home until they married.   GM appears to be far from being a 'new man' or in touch with his feminine side (which I don't believe he possesses) and, as an obviously non-maternal type, it's unlikely KM would aspire to be a domestic goddess. 

Without cleaners/willing relatives to do the grunt work I suspect Rothley Towers would resemble a pigsty but in their absence, thanks to dry cleaners and laundry services, the happy couple would emerge spotless each morning although the children would look decidedly grubby except on high days and holidays
No offence here UT but that sort of comment is something that belongs on the likes of facebook or twitter imo. It's just so scathing and has no factual substance.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy on 11.11.13 16:30

PeterMac -you're right about the nappies. First thing in the morning my baby's nappy gets changed and toddler on the loo - my coffee takes 5th place after milk and brekkie for the little ones :)) how awful for the twins. I'm tempted to think second nappy change for them-imagine the smell otherwise.....euww..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 11.11.13 16:38

@Upsy Daisy wrote:PeterMac -you're right about the nappies. First thing in the morning my baby's nappy gets changed and toddler on the loo - my coffee takes 5th place after milk and brekkie for the little ones :))   how awful for the twins. I'm tempted to think second nappy change for them-imagine the smell otherwise.....euww..
The first thing a parent does in the morning is to change a nappy. You have to ask yourself why Gerry put this tripe into a blog, just as you have to ask yourself why he bothers to mention so many other daft things.

This blog was started up very soon after Madeleine's disappearance.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 11.11.13 16:39

No offence taken, aquila, as I'm not signed up to facebook, twitter, or other social networking site and, other than comments I read through links given on these threads, I haven't got a clue what can be found on them. 

Although it will remain my opinion until such time as I find cause to revise it, I've deleted the last paragraph of my previous post in the event that's the one you find lacking in factual substance. 

When considering or critiquing the words and actions of the McCanns, it can prove difficult not to be scathing of parents who refuse to acknowledge their culpability for whatever torment their 3 year old daughter endured on, before, or after, her removal from 5A. 

Nevertheless, I choose not to give vent to my true feelings about their behaviour here as they can only be expressed in terms KM herself has used which, to my mind, are unsuitable for polite society.
ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 11.11.13 16:44

thumbsup
@ultimaThule wrote:No offence taken, aquila, as I'm not signed up to facebook, twitter, or other social networking site and, other than comments I read through links given on these threads, I haven't got a clue what can be found on them. 

Although it will remain my opinion until such time as I find cause to revise it, I've deleted the last paragraph of my previous post in the event that's the one you find lacking in factual substance. 

When considering or critiquing the words and actions of the McCanns, it can prove difficult not to be scathing of parents who refuse to acknowledge their culpability for whatever torment their 3 year old daughter endured on, before, or after, her removal from 5A. 

Nevertheless, I choose not to give vent to my true feelings about their behaviour here as they can only be expressed in terms KM herself has used which, to my mind, are unsuitable for polite society.
thumbup

friends
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy on 11.11.13 17:04

Aquila - this type of behaviour reminds me of the Oldfields and their poor kids being left in soiled stinking nappies. Poor mites...painful nappy rash!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 11.11.13 17:17

@aquila wrote:
@Upsy Daisy wrote:PeterMac -you're right about the nappies. First thing in the morning my baby's nappy gets changed and toddler on the loo - my coffee takes 5th place after milk and brekkie for the little ones :))   how awful for the twins. I'm tempted to think second nappy change for them-imagine the smell otherwise.....euww..
The first thing a parent does in the morning is to change a nappy. You have to ask yourself why Gerry put this tripe into a blog, just as you have to ask yourself why he bothers to mention so many other daft things.

This blog was started up very soon after Madeleine's disappearance.
I am firmly of the opinion he was communicating with somebody.  How popular was blogging in 2007 ?  Notwithstanding the fact that it is a bizzare thing to do when your child is missing, it's complete rubbish. Or perhaps he really does hold himself in such high esteem he thinks people would be interested.  You could not make it up.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennypennypenny on 11.11.13 17:47

I believe he really does hold himself in very high esteem Sami. He is totally full of his own self importance he is arrogant a narcissist and a control freak.

Pennypennypenny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 11.11.13 18:33

Gerry's blog is written as if it's for primary school children (or for adults of very low intelligence).  Very patronising. I mean, just listen to this dumbed down tripe.

"14.30-15.00 Usually we take the twins back to Kids’ Club although Sean has had the odd afternoon in the apartment as it’s a bit cooler and he’s not much of a sun worshipper! They have been taking part in many different activities including painting, singing, stories, swimming, trips to the beach and they have lots of toys to play with."

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.11.13 18:39

@Upsy Daisy wrote:Aquila - this type of behaviour reminds me of the Oldfields and their poor kids being left in soiled stinking nappies. Poor mites...painful nappy rash!
Reeks of parents employing nannies/nurseries as a matter of course, not knowing how to change their own offsprings diapers on holiday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.11.13 18:52

Daisy: this page from the Find Madeleine website must surely be aimed at children.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/about_madeleine/index.html

Lives with her mummy and daddy........etc.

The last paragraph is a very odd way to talk about a little girl, particularly one who is supposedly with paedophiles.

Back to top Go down

Post by secrets and lies on 11.11.13 18:55

Such a cheerful, self satisfied sounding blog.

Writing like this was such a risk, IMO, at a time when they wanted to get the public on side to inflate the fund. Would any PR advisor in their right mind ok the writing of such smug and inappropriate  crap? At such a delicate time. Perhaps he intended to fill a book with these entries further down the line but Kate beat him to it.

It's as if GM had always wanted to write a blog and now he had a legitimate excuse. Suddenly he was interesting to the public. Perhaps he just HAD to write this blog, even against advise, because it was too good an opportunity, NOT to.

I think this writing, childish and mundane as it is, gives a valuable insight into the character of GM. His love of being in the media and his sense of being untouchable. Perhaps he thought that people would buy this as the stream-of-consciousness of a man in a state of deep shock but that is not the message these extracts deliver to me.

To me, they say, "I'm Gerry McCann, and I am VERY important. How's YOUR day?".
secrets and lies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum