The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Tannerman or woman? Mm11

Tannerman or woman? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Tannerman or woman? Mm11

Tannerman or woman? Regist10

Tannerman or woman?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tannerman or woman? Empty Tannerman or woman?

Post by Anniebach 10.11.13 14:59

Very early on in the investigation I formed an opinion of what I thought had happened, based on the snippets and indeed lies that were told, and although now, since the farcical Crimewatch I doubt the abduction theory, I embraced it then and this was my interpretation:

That in reality the "sighting" was Jane Tanner herself, carrying Madeleine, to possibly Robert Murat's villa where a man was waiting, a sailor, to collect her and leave by boat when the tide was right. JT met that person, so could describe his appearance and the clothes he was wearing. Then of course the real person was sighted a bit later on by the Smiths. Hence the similarity in the description, no doubt very satisfying for JT and R. O'Brien. It does seem now as if that theory is blown out of the water, but an abduction is still a possibility, especially by members of the group.
Anniebach

Activity : 6

Back to top Go down

Tannerman or woman? Empty Re: Tannerman or woman?

Post by Newintown 10.11.13 15:10

Anniebach wrote:Very early on in the investigation I formed an opinion of what I thought had happened, based on the snippets and indeed lies that were told, and although now, since the farcical Crimewatch I doubt the abduction theory, I embraced it then and this was my interpretation:

That in reality the "sighting" was Jane Tanner herself, carrying Madeleine, to possibly Robert Murat's villa where a man was waiting, a sailor, to collect her and leave by boat when the tide was right. JT met that person, so could describe his appearance and the clothes he was wearing. Then of course the real person was sighted a bit later on by the Smiths. Hence the similarity in the description, no doubt very satisfying for JT and R. O'Brien. It does seem now as if that theory is blown out of the water, but an abduction is still a possibility, especially by members of the group.
Yes, a very good point.  We should never forget that Jane Tanner said inadvertently in her first TV interview "When I was carrying......."

I have never forgotten those few words, I wonder if SY have deleted them from their memory or have not watched the tape of her interview.

It is a mystery why she picked out RM, also Jez Wilkins said he saw a woman standing on the street corner wearing a purple top which JT had.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by galena 10.11.13 19:18

Anniebach wrote:Very early on in the investigation I formed an opinion of what I thought had happened, based on the snippets and indeed lies that were told, and although now, since the farcical Crimewatch I doubt the abduction theory, I embraced it then and this was my interpretation:

Interesting post.  I have always wondered why the emphasis has always been on male abductors - after all women do abduct children as well. It would have been way less suspicious for a woman or a couple to carry Madeleine off than a lone male. Perhaps that's why the emphasis on Smithman and Tannerman -because it actually was a woman - maybe it's another piece of misdirection?
galena

Activity : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 10.11.13 19:28

galena wrote:

Interesting post.  I have always wondered why the emphasis has always been on male abductors - after all women do abduct children as well. It would have been way less suspicious for a woman or a couple to carry Madeleine off than a lone male. Perhaps that's why the emphasis on Smithman and Tannerman -because it actually was a woman - maybe it's another piece of misdirection?
It's always made more sense that JT would have carried off Madeleine, after all who would be suspicious about a woman carrying a child around in the evening whether just in pyjamas.  Could JT have been standing on the corner waiting to receive the "bundle" to carry off when JW saw her in her purple top.

Especially when JT said those words "When I was carrying ...." it does make one wonder.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by View-from-Ireland 11.11.13 0:51

Woah, woah, woah!

I just watched the famous Tanner clip again (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y42_8vggMNQ)

One of the people who commented, four years ago as it happens, makes the remarkable claim that Tanner had rented the  Renault Scenic before the McCann couple. Is that true? I have never read that anywhere else until tonight. If that's true, and the DNA was found there, and her freudian slip about 'carrying' is revealing, then her hands are all over what happened.

View-from-Ireland

Activity : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 11.11.13 4:08

This would be the same JT who denied she was wearing purple on that evening and also denied she had taken jeans on holiday before she was asked - if, in fact, it was the intention for her to be asked this question. 

It's probable someone carried the child from the front entrance round to the back of the apartment and the body may have been placed in the flowerbed, where Eddie effectively shrugged his shoulders as if to say 'maybe but not for long', before another runner in the relay race took up the baton, so to speak. 

If a body was removed that evening, it would have gone through the front entrance - it would have been far too risky to remove it through the patio doors as anyone in the Tapas bar, or going to/from that establishment, could have seen the proceedings. 

Has the Crimewatch edition been aired in N.Ireland or Eire yet?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top