The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

WILL THE MCCANNS TURN UP IN PORTUGAL NEXT WEEK? Mm11

WILL THE MCCANNS TURN UP IN PORTUGAL NEXT WEEK? Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

WILL THE MCCANNS TURN UP IN PORTUGAL NEXT WEEK? Mm11

WILL THE MCCANNS TURN UP IN PORTUGAL NEXT WEEK? Regist10

WILL THE MCCANNS TURN UP IN PORTUGAL NEXT WEEK?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WILL THE MCCANNS TURN UP IN PORTUGAL NEXT WEEK? Empty WILL THE MCCANNS TURN UP IN PORTUGAL NEXT WEEK?

Post by jeanmonroe 31.10.13 11:33

Will one ,or both, of the McCanns turn up at the continuence of their libel trial next Tuesday 5 November?

Could GA 'call' any of the new team of PJ 'investigators' as witnesses?

Could he ask, in court, whether the new team has, in their opinion, any conclusions about what happened to Madeleine after she 'disappeared'?

If, IF, it is the opinion of the 'new team' that it is their belief, that Madeleine is probably dead, and their belief that Madeleine was probably killed, due to the McCanns own ill advised publicity, and campaign, about her distinctive eye,

Will the McCanns have to sue the 'new team' of PJ investigators for saying that they think Madeleine died very shortly after going 'missing' due to unfavourable publicity by the McCanns themselves even though the McCanns thought it would be a 'good marketing ploy'?

And by saying that, the 'new team' IS 'hampering' the search for a 'live' Madeleine.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

WILL THE MCCANNS TURN UP IN PORTUGAL NEXT WEEK? Empty Re: WILL THE MCCANNS TURN UP IN PORTUGAL NEXT WEEK?

Post by Smokeandmirrors 31.10.13 12:13

I'm not sure if it has been made public the judges decision to allow them to speak, she had 10 days to make the decision but that was more than 10 days ago.

If she makes public that she will allow them to speak, at their request, and they DO NOT show, they will destroy their credibility, what little they have left. Amaral said he was going to raise the matter of the suppressed PI's report, so my guess is there is frantic activity going on behind the McScenes right now. How are they going to spin that if the judge confronts the issue? If the judge has any questions for the McCanns directly, are they compelled to attend? I don't know enough about court matters to say, but if she has "issues" she wishes to raise and they run away and hide somewhere, they're going to be ruled against, no matter what IMO.

I'm wondering if there will be some last minute delay, change of plans, illness, excuse, whatever. But the timing of Crime Watch and the Sunday Times article were deliberate IMO in order to throw the McCanns into a spin mid trial. They are being painted into a corner I feel. There comes a point when they will have to do as they are told by the authorities, not them dictating and bossing around for a change.

Looking at the Daily Mail and Yahoo comments, the overwhelming majority of the public do not believe them and dislike them intensely.

Whatever the outcome, they are one of the most reviled duo's in history.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

WILL THE MCCANNS TURN UP IN PORTUGAL NEXT WEEK? Empty Re: WILL THE MCCANNS TURN UP IN PORTUGAL NEXT WEEK?

Post by tasprin 31.10.13 12:20

Do the McCanns simply want to give written statements, or do they actually want to take the stand?
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 31.10.13 12:29

If one of them at least isn't struck down with tractor flu I will eat my hat
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 31.10.13 12:34

well I hope they are allowed to speak,could be very interesting
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerlily 31.10.13 12:38

noddy100 wrote:If one of them at least isn't struck down with tractor flu I will eat my hat
'Tractor Flu,' hehe Mr
Tigerlily

Activity : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31.10.13 12:42

I'm thinking of foot and mouth disease which sadly is prevalent on farms.

Its close relative foot in mouth disease has affected the McCanns and their sundry hangers-on from Day One.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande Finale 31.10.13 18:36

I Think it would just be a statement read by their lawyer (Poor hard done by us etc....)

As an Aside the village of Queniborough where they used to live was thought to be a source of "MAD COW" disease.

WILL THE MCCANNS TURN UP IN PORTUGAL NEXT WEEK? 302873
Grande Finale
Grande Finale

Activity : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 31.10.13 18:40

My prediction is that only one of them will go to Portugal next week., particularly if they have been told they can give evidence in person.

They will say that one parent has to stay to look after the twins, but IMO will be very concerned about both being arrested in Portugal so will ensure that one of them remains in the Uk. 

Having asked to testify, they will know they cannot back down entirely, one of them will have to attend. On balance, I think it will be Kate, of the two she has a cooler head.

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby Peru 31.10.13 18:47

suzyjohnson wrote:On balance, I think it will be Kate, of the two she has a cooler head.

And she talks complete nonsense to boot. It'll keep a few heads scratching for a while if nothing else.
Bobby Peru

Activity : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 31.10.13 18:49

Well I hope it's Gerry that goes and the Judge asks him:

"Before your holiday, did you know Robert Murat"

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande Finale 31.10.13 19:07

And I hope the judge asks isn't it strange ? that Mrs Fenn heard the patio door sliding BUT didn't hear the bedroom door SLAM
Grande Finale
Grande Finale

Activity : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 31.10.13 19:48

suzyjohnson wrote:My prediction is that only one of them will go to Portugal next week., particularly if they have been told they can give evidence in person.

They will say that one parent has to stay to look after the twins, but IMO will be very concerned about both being arrested in Portugal so will ensure that one of them remains in the Uk. 

Having asked to testify, they will know they cannot back down entirely, one of them will have to attend. On balance, I think it will be Kate, of the two she has a cooler head.
I agree with you but Gerry will make Kate go IMO, he'd drop her in the shite before himself.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenMind 31.10.13 20:10

Smokeandmirrors wrote:Well I hope it's Gerry that goes and the Judge asks him:

Oooooh,  I would really like that!!!!      high5

Activity : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 31.10.13 20:33

Smokeandmirrors wrote:Well I hope it's Gerry that goes and the Judge asks him:

Ask the dogs sarcastic
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 31.10.13 20:58

I still wonder why those headlines appeared in the Daily Express in the Summer.  Murat - Bring them all back to Portugal?

I think there is and there has been a lot going on in Portugal since the Spring/Summer of this year.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 31.10.13 21:03

I thought that if Mr. & Mrs. are allowed to give evidence it would be because the judge would be able to question them from the witness box.   She can hardly question a written statement.

Let's not forget that Mr. A's lawyer has reportedly said that they might have to use the ST info. from last Sunday as evidence, so if the Judge does permit them to appear, then who knows what questions will be asked of them.

I wouldn't want to do it for sure.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 31.10.13 21:07

I thought it would be at the end - 27th? when (if they are allowed to speak) they would do. I am sure I read that on Joanas but I could be wrong.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 31.10.13 21:08

littlepixie wrote:I thought it would be at the end - 27th? when (if they are allowed to speak) they would do. I am sure I read that on Joanas but I could be wrong.
Yes I thought that too littlepixie.

Mr. A. has also asked to be heard IIRC.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby Peru 31.10.13 22:01

Pardon my ignorance, but would judicial secrecy surrounding the unshelved (my own sic) investigation impact on the Amaral libel trial? Sorry if this has been alluded to before - it's difficult to keep up with the rush hour traffic on the JH forum threads.
Bobby Peru

Activity : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB 31.10.13 22:16

Bobby Peru wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but would judicial secrecy surrounding the unshelved (my own sic) investigation impact on the Amaral libel trial? Sorry if this has been alluded to before - it's difficult to keep up with the rush hour traffic on the JH forum threads.
I'm not an expert in law, either English or Portuguese, but the unshelved investigation is a criminal matter whereas the libel trial is civil law. it should therefore have no direct impact. However, it could be argued that it is indirectly relevant on the basis that it undermines the MC's argument that the book harmed the search: How can that be so when the Portuguese have unshelved their investigation?
AndyB

Activity : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson 01.11.13 0:01

AndyB wrote:
Bobby Peru wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but would judicial secrecy surrounding the unshelved (my own sic) investigation impact on the Amaral libel trial? Sorry if this has been alluded to before - it's difficult to keep up with the rush hour traffic on the JH forum threads.
I'm not an expert in law, either English  or Portuguese, but the unshelved investigation is a criminal matter whereas the libel trial is civil law. it should therefore have no direct impact. However, it could be argued that it is indirectly relevant on the basis that it undermines the MC's argument that the book harmed the search: How can that be so when the Portuguese have unshelved their investigation?
 I would be interested to know why it was decided not to show the Crimewatch reconstruction in Portugal? From the McCanns point of view (and their argument that Amarals book and documentary tended to stop people searching for MM) then the Crimewatch reconstruction would be the best way to tell the Portuguese that the search is still going on after all? So, who was behind the decision not to show the programme in Portugal?

suzyjohnson

Activity : 1542

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth 01.11.13 3:29

suzyjohnson wrote:
AndyB wrote:
I'm not an expert in law, either English  or Portuguese, but the unshelved investigation is a criminal matter whereas the libel trial is civil law. it should therefore have no direct impact. However, it could be argued that it is indirectly relevant on the basis that it undermines the MC's argument that the book harmed the search: How can that be so when the Portuguese have unshelved their investigation?
 I would be interested to know why it was decided not to show the Crimewatch reconstruction in Portugal? From the McCanns point of view (and their argument that Amarals book and documentary tended to stop people searching for MM) then the Crimewatch reconstruction would be the best way to tell the Portuguese that the search is still going on after all? So, who was behind the decision not to show the programme in Portugal?
But it was shown in Portugal, but not as Crimewatch, (was said they had no Crimewatch programme there, that's why)

But it was very much spoken about, and most parts were shown, and was all over the news. I think what wasn't really being shown was the tapas friends parts.
Seek truth

Activity : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 01.11.13 9:53

suzyjohnson wrote:
AndyB wrote:
The BBC who made the CW!

They wouldn't 'sell' the 'rights' to TV1 to screen in Portugal.
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse 01.11.13 10:34

It wouldn't surprise me one bit - that we will be told that the civil case is being adjourned/deferred to a later date. Perhaps this time for both sides to get their arguments in order in light of recent developments, particularly for GA's Lawyer - what he said regarding the suppression of info by Mccanns. Either that, or someone on TM won't be able to make it due to illness. I do wonder if Isabel will be there this time? 

Or of course, TM could just suddenly settle. Again in light of what has happened - I can't see a win for TM.  Let's face it -we've heard very little of the trial since it took a bad turn for the Mccanns - so a quiet settlement with some supersonic spin on it whilst all the stories of so-called dead abductors take the headlines would be the TM style we've kinda gotten used to....

And aren't they due to do their Euro tour soon....
mouse

Activity : 397

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top