The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 9 Mm11

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 9 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 9 Mm11

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 9 Regist10

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 9 Empty Re: Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY

Post by Woofer 25.06.14 21:16

Can`t watch that man (PS) - I can feel my blood pressure going up after a couple of seconds.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 9 Empty Re: Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY

Post by Guest 25.06.14 21:21

Paul McMullan: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson 'knew about phone hacking'
The former News of the World deputy features editor claims that former editors Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson knew phone hacking was taking place at the tabloid and calls them "scum" for abandoning their employees.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/leveson-inquiry/8923779/Paul-McMullan-Rebekah-Brooks-and-Andy-Coulson-knew-about-phone-hacking.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25.06.14 21:24

"We did all these things for our editors, Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson. You only have to read Andy Coulson's column in Bizarre.

"It would just be written that poster A had left a message on poster B's phone at two in the morning. 

"It was that blatant and obvious."

http://www.journalism.co.uk/news/paul-mcmullan--obvious-coulson-knew-about-hacking-/s2/a546971/

Paul McMullan has been the only one telling the truth even if you disagree with his viewpoint.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.06.14 8:27

I can't see it anywhere.. but surely Paul McMullan was called as a witness in the Brooks trial?

Also he said yesterday live on TV that he has signed documents by his boss authorising him to hack phones (before Philp Schofield shut him up).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.06.14 9:12

BlueBag wrote:I can't see it anywhere.. but surely Paul McMullan was called as a witness in the Brooks trial?

Also he said yesterday live on TV that he has signed documents by his boss authorising him to hack phones (before Philp Schofield shut him up).

Don't know if he was a witness at the trial BlueBag, This is a report and video on the TV program

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/484769/Holly-Willoughby-phone-hacking-News-of-the-World-journalist
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 9 Empty Sign of The Times...?

Post by missbeetle 26.06.14 9:44

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 9 <a href=Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 9 BrAY6hKCQAAN6Jp_zpscd3df3bc" />
Thank you for this, Candyfloss.

What heinous stories of fraud, sexual violence, violence, surveillance, tapas and dodgy lawyers...

Particularly unflattering picture of Camilla.
missbeetle
missbeetle

Activity : 1093

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC 26.06.14 14:56

PeterMac wrote:A jury is composed of twelve people who weren't intelligent enough to get out of jury duty.

How does one go about getting out of jury duty?  bashful 
MrsC
MrsC

Activity : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.06.14 15:06

MrsC wrote:
PeterMac wrote:A jury is composed of twelve people who weren't intelligent enough to get out of jury duty.

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 9 Wibble
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 26.06.14 16:17

MrsC wrote:

The standard way in the old days of peremptory challenges was to wear a dark suit and carry a copy of the Times or the Telegraph.
More modern ways include saying you are pregnant, are hoping to be pregnant, are a student (Lectures cannot be repeated) are mentally ill
have served in the last 5 years, have an expensive holiday booked, are prejudiced against whatever type of person is in the dock

The possibilities are endless . . . if you are intelligent enough !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16569

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 9 Empty Jury service

Post by Enid O'Dowd 26.06.14 22:08

In Ireland (maybe its not the same as in the Uk) you can legally evade jury service if you are a medical professional (not just a doctor but nurse, physio etc) or you get your boss to sign a letter to say you are too important to be spared. I wanted to do jury service but my then boss insisted I could not be spared, he was a difficult man so I did not argue and let him write a letter saying he needed me in the office.  I think I read somewhere that the current system in Ireland has to change as it is resulting in juries of the early retired, fulltime housewives whose children are not that young etc - not a jury of your peers as was the intention of juries.

Enid O'Dowd
Researcher

Activity : 132

http://www.enidodowd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.06.14 22:41

PeterMac wrote:
MrsC wrote:

The standard way in the old days of peremptory challenges was to wear a dark suit and carry a copy of the Times or the Telegraph.
More modern ways include saying you are pregnant, are hoping to be pregnant, are a student (Lectures cannot be repeated) are mentally ill
have served in the last 5 years, have an expensive holiday booked, are prejudiced against whatever type of person is in the dock

The possibilities are endless . . .  if you are intelligent enough  !

Bloody hell! I was eight months pregnant as well!

(Quite enjoyed it, though. Bit thick, me. Rather grateful for the time off work, too.  smug )
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 26.06.14 22:43

No smoke without fire Judge.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.06.14 8:38

Rebekah "feels vindicated".. it's in all the papers.

I'm still amazed that Paul McMullan was not called as a witness in this trail.

He has publicly stated on live TV that he has signed documents by his boss authorising him to hack phones and THAT is why he is personally not in prison.

Sounds like a (the) key witness to me.

Especially as Brooks was his boss for a few years and that McMullan told the Leveson enquiry that Brooks knew all about the phone hacking.

What was the prosecution playing at?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 27.06.14 9:14

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2012766/News-World-closing-Rebekah-Brooks-tells-staff-worst-come.html

"Rebekah Brooks told News of the World journalists there were worse revelations to come in the hacking scandal during a heated meeting which saw them vent their fury at her ‘betrayal’.
The embattled chief executive said that in a year’s time staff would all understand why the company had decided to close the newspaper."

I remember RB saying the above quote and thought at the time that there was more to come. But it appears not the case. 

Only AC apparently.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 27.06.14 17:20

Dee Coy wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
MrsC wrote:

The possibilities are endless . . .  if you are intelligent enough  !

Bloody hell! I was eight months pregnant as well!

(Quite enjoyed it, though. Bit thick, me. Rather grateful for the time off work, too.  smug )
I rather enjoyed it, and the time off work too!

I think it is one of those things that everyone should experience given the opportunity.  I was a juror in a knife crime case, and felt proud that justice was done and that I had a say in it.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 27.06.14 18:03

Enid O'Dowd wrote:In Ireland (maybe its not the same as in the Uk) you can legally evade jury service if you are a medical professional (not just a doctor but nurse, physio etc) or you get your boss to sign a letter to say you are too important to be spared. I wanted to do jury service but my then boss insisted I could not be spared, he was a difficult man so I did not argue and let him write a letter saying he needed me in the office.  I think I read somewhere that the current system in Ireland has to change as it is resulting in juries of the early retired, fulltime housewives whose children are not that young etc - not a jury of your peers as was the intention of juries.
I was proud to do it Enid, and I saw first hand that there is no opportunity to noble a jury!  I am not sure how juries are selected, but I spent many hours in a room with hundreds of other people, waiting to be called. 

It was such an interesting experience, spookily like Twelve Angry Men.  Of course, not all men these days, we were a very diverse group and our approach to the evidence presented was very much influenced by our personal beliefs.  But that is how society is made up, there will be representatives of the hang 'em and flog 'em as well as tree hugging freedom fighters.  I suppose that is why in the USA, the lawyers go through a jury selection process rejecting anyone that may be swayed by race, colour, political creed etc. [I only know this through films btw, so happy to be corrected]. 

The UK afaik, do not have such a system, but I felt we were a good representation of 'the people', various ages, backgrounds, professions and colour.  We all took it very seriously and wanted to do the best job we could do, fully aware that our decision would dramatically change a young person's life.  I would urge anyone to do it if given the opportunity, imo, it really is a once in a lifetime experience.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 9 Empty Coulson

Post by FrankS 04.07.14 10:25

18 Months in prison.
FrankS

Activity : 104

Back to top Go down

Phone Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson trial begins today:UPDATE BROOKS NOT GUILTY, COULSON GUILTY - Page 9 Empty Sentence

Post by PeterMac 04.07.14 10:26

COULSON - 18 months
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16569

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankS 04.07.14 10:29

The others - suspended sentences.

Miskew - 6 months
FrankS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.07.14 10:32

Coulson topic merged here Frank as verdict already posted by PeterMac
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankS 04.07.14 10:58

Cameron "justice has been done and no one is above the law"

Next.

McCanns then.......
FrankS

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny 04.07.14 11:05

FrankS wrote:Cameron "justice has been done and no one is above the law"

Next.

McCanns then.......

If only we could believe what Cameron say.
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.07.14 11:17

tiny wrote:
FrankS wrote:Cameron "justice has been done and no one is above the law"

Next.

McCanns then.......

If only we could believe what Cameron say.

How can justice have been done when the prosecution didn't call THE key witness with physical hard copy evidence?

It wasn't justice it was a travesty.

The people at the top stink.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.14 19:23

Oh dear, it never rains but it pours.....

7 July 2014 Last updated at 18:56

Andy Coulson to face perjury charges over the Tommy Sheridan trial

Former News of the World editor Andy Coulson is to appear in court on 6 August to face perjury charges over the Tommy Sheridan trial.

Mr Coulson has been indicted to appear at the High Court in Glasgow.

The formal announcement follows his conviction in England last week on phone hacking charges.

Mr Coulson, 46, was charged two years ago after being questioned in Glasgow in connection with his evidence at the Tommy Sheridan trial in 2010.

It is understood officials at the Crown Office in Edinburgh were awaiting the outcome of his trial in England before announcing any action against him.

The Prime Minister's former director of communications was jailed for 18 months last week.

Mr Coulson was convicted at the Old Bailey in London of conspiring to intercept voicemails at the now-defunct tabloid after an eight-month trial.

Yesterday, a spokesman at the Crown Office said: "The Crown Office can confirm that an indictment was served on Andrew Coulson today, 7 July 2014 and that a preliminary hearing is scheduled for 6 August 2014 at the High Court at Glasgow."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-28199829
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top