The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 21 Mm11

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 21 Regist10

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1

Post by Mirage on 27.10.13 19:49

@DonNewbery wrote:
@Monty Heck wrote:... SY may well want to keep the McCs onside but putting out information on national and European tv that is claimed to be new seems to serve no purpose other than to protect the McC's reputation which is probably stretching keeping them onside quite a bit.  Following them around Europe with the same misinformation as part of some clever ruse or long game seems a rather ridiculous waste of effort and resources IMO, but time will tell as always.  Thanks to people who posted their agreement with this view, and also to anyone who disagreed for taking time to explain why.  What a dull forum it would be if all we did was agree with one another!
I don't think you've interpreted this quite correctly. This whole exercise, surely, has been designed by SY (in coordination with PJ) to put maximum pressure on the McCs, in the hopes that one of them will crack, or failing that, they'll make even more foolish and incriminating mistakes. It also puts indirect pressure on T7 etc. iikewise to spill the beans.
I thought that too DonNewbery, until I saw the ST today.

I cannot see how SY can claim they turned up new information and used the original e-fits too. There may be another side to the story, but as things stand, my patience with AR is running out. I think the benchmark behaviour was from that Philpott police officer. A professional distance is all that's required.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 21 Empty Re: WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1

Post by Okeydokey on 27.10.13 19:49

@notlongnow wrote:I feel once any of this hits any of the red tops then you know the tide has changed.
True, that would be very telling. I don't expect it myself any time soon. But - one can hope. At least the "travel of direction" is right now... :)
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by pulch on 27.10.13 19:50

Maybe the police fed the story to the paper?? Slowly slowly catchy monkey.....
pulch

Activity : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 27.10.13 19:52

@suzyjohnson wrote:
@Woofer wrote:Can anyone work out the sequence of events of this recent scenario?

1. May 2011 - SY commence review - but the McCanns hold back some information reported by their PIs.

2. SY therefore working for past 2 years in partial ignorance.

3. How did they come to know about the e-fits being missing?  Was it by interviewing the Smiths and the Smiths telling them about doing e-fits for Kennedy/Halligen/Exton?

I can`t figure out if this is when SY contacted Exton or Kennedy to get the e-fits. 

4. SY do the Crimewatch programme and get Jane Tanner and bundleman off the hook and present the new e-fits.

5. Henri Exton watches Crimewatch and is astounded to see the very same e-fits he reported to the McCanns back in 2008.  What can he do - he knows he is bound by threats from the McCanns not to reveal anything, so he decides to contact the Insight Team at Sunday Times.

Am I right here.
Possibly SY got the information about the Efits from talking to the Smiths, equally possible SY approached Exton for any information he had in relation to the case, at this point Exton might have told them himself.

Exton may have contacted the Sunday Times, but then they might also have contacted him, there weren't too many PI's working on the case and SY had said that the Efits were recovered from the files of the PI's. Exton probably now has the protection of SY / Sunday Times?
Weren't the Smiths in the PJ files. Hardly a case for Sherlock Holmes! winkwink
Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 27.10.13 19:52

@pulch wrote:Maybe the police fed the story to the paper?? Slowly slowly catchy monkey.....
My thoughts exactly, pulch. I know from experience that these things go on. Moreover, the McCann's would have had an idea, way back, which way this case was heading. Tip-offs are extremely common behind the scenes
sallypelt

Activity : 5314

Back to top Go down

Post by StraightThinking on 27.10.13 19:53

@notlongnow wrote:I feel once any of this hits any of the red tops then you know the tide has changed.
Well it's in the Telegraph now
Telegraph
StraightThinking

Activity : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 27.10.13 19:54

@StraightThinking wrote:
Telegraph
WOW, the storm has hit with full force
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 27.10.13 19:55

@sallypelt wrote:
@StraightThinking wrote:
Telegraph

By Ben Farmer

7:35PM GMT 27 Oct 2013

The evidence, including e-fits of a man seen carrying a child the night the toddler disappeared, was included in an intelligence report produced by a firm of former spies for her parents in 2008.

But the report was sidelined for five years by Gerry and Kate McCann because it was critical of people involved and would have caused a distraction if made public, The Sunday Times reported.

The team of hand-picked former MI5 agents was hired by the McCanns in the spring of 2008, 10 months after their daughter disappeared from the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz.

A report they produced was “hypercritical” of the McCanns and their friends and the authors were threatened with legal action if it were ever published, the paper reported.

Its contents were kept secret until Scotland Yard detectives conducting a fresh review of the case contacted the author for a copy.

Related Articles

Madeleine McCann: Portugese police reveal 'new lines of inquiry'
24 Oct 2013

Madeleine McCann: BBC viewers give detectives a suspect’s name
15 Oct 2013

Reconstruction: night Madeleine was taken
15 Oct 2013

The e-fits of the suspect formed the centrepiece of a Crimewatch appeal earlier this month that attracted more than 1,000 calls from the public.

The Find Madeleine fund said all information privately gathered during the search for Madeleine "has been fully acted upon where necessary" and passed on to Scotland Yard.

A spokesman for Scotland Yard, said: “Where we have been able to make massive steps forward is by drawing together all the material gathered to date, and reviewing it as a whole
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 27.10.13 19:55

@iamfreecanigo wrote:I feel like everyone is getting carried away. The McCanns have been in worse press situations than this, its one article a drop in the ocean and they have managed to spin their way out. While its an exciting development, i think to say the whole crimwatch program was a huge elaborate ruse to catch the mccanns lying is madness. Nothing but wishful thinking, why do people think the police do these super over elaborate tricks.

I'm not going to break out the champaigne until they are made suspects or arrested.
Timing is everything. This has come when everything should be going the way of Team McCann. They always said they wanted the investigation reopened. They always claimed others were frustrating the investigation.

This is unspinnable because it involves their own actions and those actions contradict everything they had said and claimed they were standing for. [And those actions are documented by their own ex PI]
Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by john 64 on 27.10.13 19:58

I'm also a lurker who feels compelled to come out of the shadows. This forum does sterling work.just noticed the Telegraph has picked up on the story! I see the Telegraph has picked up on the story!
john 64

Activity : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.10.13 20:00

UK Justice Forum tweet to Clarence Mitchell.....

UK Justice Forum @Justice_forum 1h
@mitch_1uk Can you explain why the e-fits produced 5 years ago with help from Martin Smith have only just been released by SY? #McCann
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 27.10.13 20:00

@sallypelt wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@StraightThinking wrote:
Telegraph
By Ben Farmer

The evidence, including e-fits of a man seen carrying a child the night the toddler disappeared, was included in an intelligence report produced by a firm of former spies for her parents in 2008.

But the report was sidelined for five years by Gerry and Kate McCann because it was critical of people involved and would have caused a distraction if made public, The Sunday Times reported.  

The team of hand-picked former MI5 agents was hired by the McCanns in the spring of 2008, 10 months after their daughter disappeared from the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz.

A report they produced was “hypercritical” of the McCanns and their friends and the authors were threatened with legal action if it were ever published, the paper reported.

Its contents were kept secret until Scotland Yard detectives conducting a fresh review of the case contacted the author for a copy.

Related Articles

24 Oct 2013

15 Oct 2013

15 Oct 2013

The e-fits of the suspect formed the centrepiece of a Crimewatch appeal earlier this month that attracted more than 1,000 calls from the public.

The Find Madeleine fund said all information privately gathered during the search for Madeleine "has been fully acted upon where necessary" and passed on to Scotland Yard.

A spokesman for Scotland Yard, said: “Where we have been able to make massive steps forward is by drawing together all the material gathered to date, and reviewing it as a whole
That's good but we really need someone to blow on the tinder...before we get the media firestorm. Someone needs to ask some obvious questions. What were the anomalies? are NSY aware of the anomalies? Was Andy Redwood aware that the information had been suppressed for 5 years? Is it legal for lawyer firms to threaten legal action over release of information relevant to criminal investigations? Who did the Smiths originally say the person was?
Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 27.10.13 20:03

@Okeydokey wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@StraightThinking wrote:
Telegraph
By Ben Farmer

Related Articles

24 Oct 2013

15 Oct 2013

15 Oct 2013

That's good but we really need someone to blow on the tinder...before we get the media firestorm. Someone needs to ask some obvious questions. What were the anomalies? are NSY aware of the anomalies? Was Andy Redwood aware that the information had been suppressed for 5 years? Is it legal for lawyer firms to threaten legal action over release of information relevant to criminal investigations? Who did the Smiths originally say the person was?
I have no doubt that SY knows all we know, and a lot more. The law works in silence
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by susible on 27.10.13 20:04

Oh I'm sure that all of those questions will be addressed, but I don't think that SY would divulge so much information during a crucial part of an investigation

susible

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 27.10.13 20:05

@garfy wrote:sorry if  posted elsewhere

http://www.rtve.es/m/alacarta/videos/telediario/scotland-yard-cree-desaparicion-madeleine-mccan-fue-secuestro-planificado/2066428/?media=tve
wft
You've linked to a one and a quarter hour Spanish news program, the headline of which appears to be a demonstration about cuts.

dontgetit
AndyB

Activity : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 27.10.13 20:12

With the news that The Telegraph has picked the story up, the tide has definitely turned.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 27.10.13 20:13

Telegraph eh? This is gaining momentum. We're in a new ballpark.

I get the impression that smug Gerry McCann pontificating on press behaviour (always someone else's behaviour, isn't it?) really got editors' goats. There was that article in the Sun recently castigating the Mccanns for not mentioning the support and donations when they rounded on the newspaper industry at Leveson.

It's always just a matter of time before the McCanns hack people off. Oh the irony.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfgang on 27.10.13 20:19

I'm normally a lurker, but avid reader of the excellent work documented on this forum. Today's development is marvellous, but it always needed one media outlet to take the plunge before others followed. I would have thought SY would now want to speak urgently to the McCanns to ask their side of today's story, to explain their actions in obstructing the investigations.
Wolfgang

Activity : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by garfy on 27.10.13 20:24

@AndyB wrote:

http://www.rtve.es/m/alacarta/videos/telediario/scotland-yard-cree-desaparicion-madeleine-mccan-fue-secuestro-planificado/2066428/?media=tve
wft
You've linked to a one and a quarter hour Spanish news program, the headline of which appears to be a demonstration about cuts.

dontgetit
soz ...............but  thre link still  works  for me  ...

try here....

Spanish TV Station superimposes image of Gerry McCann onto efit image...
garfy

Activity : 236

Back to top Go down

Post by mt on 27.10.13 20:28

@Wolfgang wrote:I'm normally a lurker
Me too. Everyone is doing such a great job for Madeleine and I don't think it'll be long until Madeleine gets justice and I think that will be largely to all those who have campaigned long and hard for the last 6 1/2 years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10407664/Madeleine-McCann-critical-new-evidence-is-from-five-year-old-suppressed-report.html

Madeleine McCann: critical new evidence is from five-year-old suppressed report
Critical new evidence at the centre of the reinvigorated hunt for Madeleine McCann came from a suppressed report by ex-MI5 investigators.
WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 21 McCann_2715378b
Madeleine McCann  

By Ben Farmer

But the report was sidelined for five years by Gerry and Kate McCann because it was critical of people involved and would have caused a distraction if made public, The Sunday Times reported.
The team of hand-picked former MI5 agents was hired by the McCanns in the spring of 2008, 10 months after their daughter disappeared from the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz.
Related Articles

• Madeleine McCann: Portugese police reveal 'new lines of inquiry' 
    24 Oct 2013
  • Madeleine McCann: BBC viewers give detectives a suspect’s name 
    15 Oct 2013
  • Reconstruction: night Madeleine was taken 
    15 Oct 2013
[color][font]
The e-fits of the suspect formed the centrepiece of a Crimewatch appeal earlier this month that attracted more than 1,000 calls from the public.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard, said: “Where we have been able to make massive steps forward is by drawing together all the material gathered to date, and reviewing it as a whole."[/font][/color]
mt

Activity : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Saturdaygirl on 27.10.13 20:30

Im really really hoping this does mean the tide is turning!pray2 pray2
Saturdaygirl

Activity : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 27.10.13 20:32

candyfloss wrote:UK Justice Forum tweet to Clarence Mitchell.....

UK Justice Forum @Justice_forum 1h
@mitch_1uk Can you explain why the e-fits produced 5 years ago with help from Martin Smith have only just been released by SY? #McCann
Come on pinky, there has to be a 'wholly innocent explanation'. laughat 
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 27.10.13 20:33

@garfy wrote:
@AndyB wrote:

wft

dontgetit
soz ...............but  thre link still  works  for me  ...

try here....

Spanish TV Station superimposes image of Gerry McCann onto efit image...
Thanks. That's *much* more interesting. It's a pity there's no image of the result of the superimposition but at least the press are seemingly open to alternative (by which I mean not pre-approved by TM) explanations
AndyB

Activity : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 27.10.13 20:35

Clarence Mitchell is far too busy tweeting about his forthcoming election.
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia on 27.10.13 20:35

sorry i could be very wrong here but i thought the Barclay brothers were supporter's of the Mccanns  so if ST and now the Telegraph are running with this story,it's not looking good for the fragrant couple is it.
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum