The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 6 Mm11

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 6 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 6 Mm11

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 6 Regist10

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 6 Empty Re: WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1

Post by Smokeandmirrors 27.10.13 7:39

tigger wrote:It must be the Oakley  team who gave the ST their information. 

Those e-fits were too good for BK to have commissioned them. I do think he had the cartoons in the PowerPoint presentation of  end 2007 done though.
And it's very interesting that Scotland Yard had to WRITE to the fund to get permission to have that info. It will NOT have gone down well that this info was not handed to the police even before a review was underway, in fact this is the most damning thing against the McCanns so far, that they actually had lawyers THREATEN the PI's. Regardless of what Halligen et al were subsequently charged with, the act of LEGALLY SUPRESSING what could be evidence in a £5,000,000 exercise is the most damning thing ever.

This will really get people wondering what the "hypercritical" assessment was all about, and I don't think Lorraine will be bouncing on her sofa with them anytime soon….

I'm gobsmacked.

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 6 Empty Re: WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1

Post by Mirage 27.10.13 7:42

PeterMac wrote:
Smokeandmirrors wrote:
This once again brings up the issue of the Fund being fraudulent. Appealing for money to help the search when the public were incontrovertibly being misled is a very serious crime.
The McCanns could theoretically be done for fraud, perverting the course of justice, defamation, wasting police time (SY had to get written permission for this latest bit of info, wasn't freely forthcoming), and probably some other crimes too.
I hope they get the book thrown at them, and a heavy one at that.
And of course the Fraud is committed on English soil, and thus under the jurisdiction of English Police.
Perhaps we begin to understand why McVey bailed out. Would be interesting to see if the timing corresponds.

And some interesting questions for Mitchell at the hustings ?
I agree. I said the other day that the investigation may be split for diplomatic and logistical reasons - SY on the fraud and Portugal continuing the main investigation. I always hoped it might be a pincer movement.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by TellTheTruth 27.10.13 7:44

I hope this news gets to Amaral soon..Mrs
TellTheTruth

Activity : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 27.10.13 7:45

PeterMac wrote:
Smokeandmirrors wrote:
This once again brings up the issue of the Fund being fraudulent. Appealing for money to help the search when the public were incontrovertibly being misled is a very serious crime.
The McCanns could theoretically be done for fraud, perverting the course of justice, defamation, wasting police time (SY had to get written permission for this latest bit of info, wasn't freely forthcoming), and probably some other crimes too.
And of course the Fraud is committed on English soil, and thus under the jurisdiction of English Police.
Perhaps we begin to understand why McVey bailed out. Would be interesting to see if the timing corresponds.

Indeed. This is shocking stuff, threatening PI's not to release info that is critical of the Mc's. Blows out of the water their lies about doing anything to find Madeleine. In fact, they have been the most obstructive pair of con artists imaginable.

Peter, from a Det. Supt. point of view, what do you think SY would have made of having to write to the fund to get data that had been deliberately suppressed under threat of legal action by a pair claiming to be doing everything possible to help find their child?

I imagine there are some very interesting conversations going on behind closed doors today!

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 27.10.13 7:48

"It's all very well; but there we were hiring a crack team at vast expense - paying their wages we were for months on end.  How do they repay our generosity?  They've only gone and listed all the discrepancies and inconsistencies in our statements, and our friends', and they've made me the suspect.  Can't anyone be trusted to do what they are damn well asked to do and get it right?  No wonder we threatened to Ruck them. The whole world's gone crazy."  never mind
Searcher

Activity : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.10.13 7:48

What a jaw dropping read, they didn't want Madeleine found or more to the point they knew she couldn't be found.  Bet they had a sleepless night spin in their bed last night!

One of HiDeHo's excellent video's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Q8ulcP6Q4

Has Rupert withdrawn his support, will other newspapers pick up on the Sunday Times bombshell?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 27.10.13 7:54

TellTheTruth wrote:I hope this news gets to Amaral soon..Mrs
It is on its way !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16587

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid 27.10.13 7:56

A quick observation if it hasn't been made already - this is evidence that the parents, with help from their solicitors, were impeding their own search, as they would describe it. This must end the libel trial right now.

* EDIT * good work petermac!!
SixMillionQuid
SixMillionQuid

Activity : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid 27.10.13 7:57

And another one - the parents must be prime suspects now.
SixMillionQuid
SixMillionQuid

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales 27.10.13 7:59

SixMillionQuid wrote:A quick observation if it hasn't been made already - this is evidence that the parents, with help from their solicitors, were impeding their own search, as they would describe it. This must end the libel trial right now.

I'd rather it didn't end until they'd actually got their wish and been in the witness box. Even more so now....
Could be some choice questions for them don't you think winkwink

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
gbwales
gbwales

Activity : 303

Back to top Go down

Post by kitchen 27.10.13 8:00

Searcher wrote:"It's all very well; but there we were hiring a crack team at vast expense - paying their wages we were for months on end.  How do they repay our generosity?  They've only gone and listed all the discrepancies and inconsistencies in our statements, and our friends', and they've made me the suspect.  Can't anyone be trusted to do what they are damn well asked to do and get it right?  No wonder we threatened to Ruck them. The whole world's gone crazy."  never mind
Credit must go to these guys not afraid to bite the hand that was feeding them..... And consider how did SY know there was a report that had been suppressed?
kitchen
kitchen

Activity : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 27.10.13 8:04

My thought after reading this was,Fo@@ing ek.
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 27.10.13 8:09

Doesn't the Rebekah Brooks trial begin tomorrow? Can someone confirm?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

WOW A MUST READ -Madeleine clues hidden for five years - Sunday Times Full article now on Page 1 - Page 6 Empty PORTUGUESE DID THEIR OWN RECONSTRUCTION ! ! !

Post by PeterMac 27.10.13 8:10

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/439464/Portuguese-police-held-their-own-Madeleine-McCann-reconstruction
Portuguese police held their own Madeleine McCann reconstruction

A RECONSTRUCTION by Portuguese detectives of key events on the day Madeleine McCann went missing has helped persuade the country's legal officials to re-open the case, we reveal today.
By: James MurrayPublished: Sun, October 27, 2013
The reconstruction helped persuade legal officials to re-open the investigation [PA]
The detectives, who have been reviewing the case files for two years, went to Praia da Luz on the Algarve a month ago to pursue secret inquiries.
They spent hours walking around the Ocean Club working out where certain people were seen at particular times and at Apartment 5a, from where threeyear-old Madeleine went missing on May 3, 2007.
The exercise was the culmination of months of work by four Portuguese detectives based in Porto in the north of the country, who are directly working for the highly respected senior officer Helen Monteiro, an expert on abduction cases.
It is thought her elite team of dedicated officers has recently been concentrating on statements from witnesses who say they saw unknown people acting suspiciously in the resort around the time the child was missed. The work in Luz came before Scotland Yard released photofits of potential suspects on the BBC's Crimewatch show this month.

Often there are almost perfect crimes and not all of them are discovered all over the world
Ms Monteiro has insisted all her officers work in absolute secrecy to prevent leaks of their inquiries. It was decided officers in Porto should conduct the review as none had any direct involvement in the first Madeleine McCann investigation and would therefore approach the case with fresh eyes and open minds.
In Portugal, Ms Monteiro is seen as the driving force finally to get the Madeleine case files re-opened after five years, rather than through the efforts of Scotland Yard. She and her team are working separately from the Yard, although there is close liaison between the two.
Yesterday Portuguese Justice Minister Paula Teixeira da Cruz said the decision to reopen the case, taken last week, was due to the work of the Policia Judiciaria and not because of pressure from Scotland Yard. She said: "The PJ developed diligences that allowed for this process to be reopened. Often there are almost perfect crimes and not all of them are discovered all over the world. If the PJ requested the reopening, it has good motives to do so."

Portuguese law officials and senior officers in the PJ have been acutely aware of criticism of the initial police investigation and insist they are determined to solve the case.
Ms Teixeira da Cruz urged people to be "proud" of the work being done by the PJ, which she insisted had not been idle in seeking to solve the mystery.
For a time Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, were seen as arguidos or suspects but that status was lifted. Now they are being kept fully informed of all developments and were given a personal briefing of the work of the PJ in Lisbon last week.
The McCann's Portuguese lawyer, Rogerio Alves, is reportedly seeking for his clients to be "assistants" in the case. This would allow their lawyer to work closely with state prosecutors.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16587

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid 27.10.13 8:11

gbwales wrote:
SixMillionQuid wrote:A quick observation if it hasn't been made already - this is evidence that the parents, with help from their solicitors, were impeding their own search, as they would describe it. This must end the libel trial right now.

I'd rather it didn't end until they'd actually got their wish and been in the witness box. Even more so now....
I would hope but after this I suspect the pair will be suddenly struck down with the flu.

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency
SixMillionQuid
SixMillionQuid

Back to top Go down

Post by kitchen 27.10.13 8:12

aquila wrote:Doesn't the Rebekah Brooks trial begin tomorrow? Can someone confirm?
Yes it does.
kitchen
kitchen

Activity : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by soundworks 27.10.13 8:12

Just WOW  big grin 

Justice for Madeleine
soundworks

Activity : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 27.10.13 8:14

gbwales wrote:

Me too gbwales.

Mr. Rocky Amaral was always going to win, why did they offer to settle out of court?

Mr. Lee Rainbow, Senior Detective in British Police Force noted the inconsistencies in Mr's. statement.   Surely no "cold case" investigating team would disregard what he had to say?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 27.10.13 8:16

kitchen wrote:
Searcher wrote:"It's all very well; but there we were hiring a crack team at vast expense - paying their wages we were for months on end.  How do they repay our generosity?  They've only gone and listed all the discrepancies and inconsistencies in our statements, and our friends', and they've made me the suspect.  Can't anyone be trusted to do what they are damn well asked to do and get it right?  No wonder we threatened to Ruck them. The whole world's gone crazy."  never mind
Credit must go to these guys not afraid to bite the hand that was feeding them..... And consider how did SY know there was a report that had been suppressed?
Absolutely, Kitchen.  'You can silence some of the people some of the time .. but not all of the people all of the time ..' to adapt a saying.  I am thankful.
Searcher

Activity : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 27.10.13 8:19

SixMillionQuid wrote:
gbwales wrote:

I would hope but after this I suspect the pair will be suddenly struck down with the flu.
They would have to produce a medical report if this were the case and we haven't seen any yet despite their anxiety, indefinable fear blah blah. ha ha.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie 27.10.13 8:20

Amazing news,  and we now know why the McCanns never sued Halligen.
Beanie

Activity : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 27.10.13 8:21

PeterMac wrote:
Smokeandmirrors wrote:

The Portuguese Police did say their investigation and SY was not on the same theme ........perhaps SY are investigating the fund as that was registered in the UK ?
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 27.10.13 8:22

Anybody know what Untruly Judy is saying on twitter (if ahything) about this news?
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by sami 27.10.13 8:29

Crikey, I logged on to see how the justice/whitewash poll was going and I have been met with this.   clapping 

I'm lost for words......
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 27.10.13 8:32

kitchen wrote:
aquila wrote:Doesn't the Rebekah Brooks trial begin tomorrow? Can someone confirm?
Yes it does.
Thanks kitchen.

So, what's going on in the next couple of weeks?

RB Trial begins 28th October - Sunday Times print one hell of a factual article re McCanns 27th October

Kate McCann on Radio 4 to support Missing People 4th November

Lisbon trial resumes 5th November

Royal Charter being considered?

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top