The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

is now the time to stop speculating?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

is now the time to stop speculating?

Post by justthinking on 25.10.13 14:06

With two investigations going on is it now a good time to stop the armchair sleuthing and just let the professionals get on with their jobs?
If nothing else, this much public theorising can only lessen the chances of a genuinely open-minded jury should it ever come to that.
I will be very interested in the responses this post will get - and if I get called a troll or even get banned for asking the question!

justthinking

Back to top Go down

Re: is now the time to stop speculating?

Post by Guest on 25.10.13 14:25

I hope that the professionals are too busy examining all the evidence to be spending hours on forums.

As for a possible future jury selection, Team McCann has by its own actions greatly reduced the chances of anyone being open-minded.

I certainly don't have a problem with the question being asked though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparrow on 25.10.13 14:28

Good question, though, and a valid concern - it might be difficult to find an unbiased jury should the investigations lead to charges being laid. At the same time, we can't know that SY and Portuguese authorities haven't found anything of use or significance through the forums. Who knows who, besides representatives of the family, monitors the forums, and what may or may not be of help?  Endless posts on Photoshop, about Kate's trousers 'suspiciously' not reflecting on a worktop or in a toaster are just a distraction, sometimes intendedly so, IMO,  and a waste of everyone's time.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 25.10.13 14:55

You're calling it 'public theorising' but, as only a very small percentage of the population of England/Wales visit this, or other, Madeleine McCann focused sites, there's no evidence to suggest jury members would be anything less than open minded and this case is no more high profile than many others of recent times.

In any event, the Portuguese have jurisdiction over crimes committed in their country which is one where jury trials are rare. 

My only concern with regard to theorising is that this site is closely monitored by TM members and one or more, or a combination thereof, of the theories published here could be of use if/when the time comes for them to formulate a defence against criminal charges. 

For this reason alone, I would like to see a moratorium imposed on those theories which ascribe speech/emotion to the various characters and which have 1 or 2 members of the Tapas 9 being wholly responsible for the child's possible demise and subsequent disappearance.
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 25.10.13 15:09

Sparrow wrote:Good question, though, and a valid concern - it might be difficult to find an unbiased jury should the investigations lead to charges being laid. At the same time, we can't know that SY and Portuguese authorities haven't found anything of use or significance through the forums. Who knows who, besides representatives of the family, monitors the forums, and what may or may not be of help?  Endless posts on Photoshop, about Kate's trousers 'suspiciously' not reflecting on a worktop or in a toaster are just a distraction, sometimes intendedly so, IMO,  and a waste of everyone's time.
As you haven't been here long  you may not know that it is optional to take part in photoshopping discussions. 
You don't have to, there are hundreds of other topics more to your liking. 

I find photoshopping tends to over-excite some newcomers, it's simply too much for them. 

Re a jury, I don't know if Portugal has a jury system.  In any case, imo an average jury here would only know the case from the tabloids. So would be ignorant.

Back to top Go down

Post by thetruthbeknown on 25.10.13 15:26

no....Any interesting case always gets theorising interested bystanders...and why not?

thetruthbeknown

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 25.10.13 17:55

justthinking wrote:With two investigations going on is it now a good time to stop the armchair sleuthing and just let the professionals get on with their jobs?
If nothing else, this much public theorising can only lessen the chances of a genuinely open-minded jury should it ever come to that.
I will be very interested in the responses this post will get - and if I get called a troll or even get banned for asking the question!
I don't agree but I definitely think it's time anyone starting a new topic gives a little thought to the title. 

O dear, ready to be banned for asking a question. Don't worry, you will find what you seek in my next topic: 

All your questions answered even if you are afraid to ask them in case someone here would say something unpleasant but don't worry, you can always come back as someone else and change your IP address, this topic is all about you!

Other title suggestions: 
It' s time to put the clock back. 
Will the McCanns put the clock back?
Is a clock that's stopped correct twice a day? 
Was Gerry 's watch giving the correct time?
Should we do something else? 
Is it a good idea to think this?
Ad infinitum. 

For PeterMac: I've forgotten the original but:

Initium sapientae timor politiagentis......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.10.13 17:58

And on that note I think it is time to lock this thread.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum