The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

UPDATE CASE REOPENED  IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status - Page 22 Mm11

UPDATE CASE REOPENED  IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status - Page 22 Regist10

UPDATE CASE REOPENED IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status

Page 22 of 42 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UPDATE CASE REOPENED  IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status - Page 22 Empty Re: UPDATE CASE REOPENED IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status

Post by KayHill on 24.10.13 23:25

You say responded in "good faith". Did i say something to offend you?
KayHill

Back to top Go down

UPDATE CASE REOPENED  IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status - Page 22 Empty Re: UPDATE CASE REOPENED IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status

Post by nobodythereeither on 24.10.13 23:33

Sorry, was confusing two different posters, blush.

At least I think I was ....
nobodythereeither

Back to top Go down

Post by Prehensile on 24.10.13 23:41

Lisbon, Oct. 24 (Lusa) 17:16 - The lawyer of the parents of the English child, who disappeared from the Algarve in 2007, has revealed today that the couple was informed that the new evidence, on which the reopening is based, "does not, in any way, point to the responsibility" of Madeleine McCann's parents.

"does not, in any way, point to the responsibility" of Madeleine McCann's parents.

I cant quite put my finger on it but that statement is not quite right. If and when I fathom it out I will post.
Prehensile

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee on 24.10.13 23:44

PeterMac wrote:
I am fascinated to hear from anyone who feels that the parents of a missing child,
who abandoned three small children night after night, in an unlocked apartment out of sight and earshot,
in an area where they now tell us there were burglaries, spooky people lurking in stairwells, people making notes about their performance,
people taking details of other details from restaurant booking forms
who told blatant LIES, right from the start, about shutters, windows, curtains, doors, the point of their OWN entry, and persisted in those lies for a week
and then either gave different explanations, or in one case refused to give any explanation and refused to assist the investigation any further, despite warnings . .
Can be said to have been EXONERATED.
From anything

Well said PM. "they now tell us there were burglaries, spooky people lurking in stairwells, people making notes about their performance,
people taking details of other details from restaurant booking forms". Add to that KM's admission that Madeleine asked her on the morning of May 3rd "Where were you when Seán and I were crying last night" They still left the 3 toddlers alone that night. UNFRIGGINBELIEVABLE.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither on 24.10.13 23:53

@maebee wrote:. Add to that KM's admission that Madeleine asked her on the morning of May 3rd "Where were you when Seán and I were crying last night" They still left the 3 toddlers alone that night. UNFRIGGINBELIEVABLE.
We've only got KM's word for what Madeleine is supposed to have said that morning.

The question is, why she would "admit" to something which put her in such a bad light.

Not just the fact the children were "crying last night" but that she/they then (apparently) went out and left them again.

What would be her reason for needing people to believe that? Why make that public?
nobodythereeither

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 24.10.13 23:54

@Prehensile wrote:Lisbon, Oct. 24 (Lusa) 17:16 - The lawyer of the parents of the English child, who disappeared from the Algarve in 2007, has revealed today that the couple was informed that the new evidence, on which the reopening is based, "does not, in any way, point to the responsibility" of Madeleine McCann's parents.

"does not, in any way, point to the responsibility" of Madeleine McCann's parents.

I cant quite put my finger on it but that statement is not quite right. If and when I fathom it out I will post.
It may be a certain use of English, Prehensile, on the part of the lawyer; or could it be that the new evidence points to the actions of others, for which they themselves would be accountable and responsible separately.  But does that rule out knowledge or complicity?  Responsibility is somewhat ambiguous?winkwink
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout on 24.10.13 23:56

@Prehensile wrote:Lisbon, Oct. 24 (Lusa) 17:16 - The lawyer of the parents of the English child, who disappeared from the Algarve in 2007, has revealed today that the couple was informed that the new evidence, on which the reopening is based, "does not, in any way, point to the responsibility" of Madeleine McCann's parents.

WELL IF MY LAWYER DID NOT SAY THAT I WOULD SACK HIM .

It appears all the BS is coming from him ,he appears to have been doing a clarrie doing the rounds .

i think its interesting that they are saying fresh investigation team and making a point of that fact , [ as to give the impression they are not using the " disgraced  " last lot . 
But conversely the home sec statement does not look good , maybe she is being populist .

Finally welcome new posters who have "stumbled "upon this forum . but i am old school , the Mod's will probably set me straight , but i sense a bit of divide and conquer setting in . !!!
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 24.10.13 23:59

@nobodythereeither wrote:
@maebee wrote:. Add to that KM's admission that Madeleine asked her on the morning of May 3rd "Where were you when Seán and I were crying last night" They still left the 3 toddlers alone that night. UNFRIGGINBELIEVABLE.
We've only got KM's word for what Madeleine is supposed to have said that morning.

The question is, why she would "admit" to something which put her in such a bad light.

Not just the fact the children were "crying last night" but that she/they then (apparently) went out and left them again.

What would be her reason for needing people to believe that? Why make that public?
But Mrs. Fenn heard Madeleine crying for 75 minutes on the night of 1 May.  So, even after that, Madeleine and Sean were crying (again) on the night of the 2nd?  Still left alone.  And this is 'within the bounds of responsible parenting' we are told?   That word 'responsible' again.

Having said which, I have serious doubts in any case that the conversation over breakfast took place on the morning of 3 May.
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither on 25.10.13 0:03

@stillsloppingout wrote:
Finally welcome new posters who have "stumbled "upon this forum . but i am old school , the Mod's will probably set me straight , but i sense a bit of divide and conquer setting in . !!!
Yes, me too.

Well spotted.
nobodythereeither

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 25.10.13 0:04

"The family was informed that the new evidence does not, in any way, point to the responsibility of the parents", assured the lawyer.

Oh Dear.

Firstly, he tells us the NEW evidence doen't point to the parents, ok what about the OLD evidence then?
The cadaver and blood dogs reacting in the apartment, the hire car, clothing from kate and a child, cuddlecat and the key fob.traces of blood and body fluids found in the apartment and hire car.

Secondly, we have the qualifiers which weaken the statement  in this case in any way
Qualifiers are words which, when taken out of the sentence do not hange the meaning of the sentence.
Qualifiers weaken a statement rather than strengthen it.

The responsibility of the parents for what?

The family and not Her or Madeleine's family?

Researcher/Analyst

http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiredofthebs on 25.10.13 0:06

@stillsloppingout wrote:
Yes, me too.

Well spotted.
I hope I am not included in that appraisal of new posters.

I am new to posting here but I was on the mirror and 3 arguidos forums with this username and had well over 10,000 posts between them. I was also the uploader of the True colours mccann video that I kept up on youtube for 5 years with 275,000 views.

Back to top Go down

Post by justine67 on 25.10.13 0:08

@tiredofthebs wrote:
@stillsloppingout wrote:
Yes, me too.

Well spotted.

I am new to posting here but I was on the mirror and 3 arguidos forums with this username and had well over 10,000 posts between them. I was also the uploader of the True colours mccann video that I kept up on youtube for 5 years with 275,000 views.
aww the 3arguidos, theres a blast from the past :)
justine67

Back to top Go down

Post by tiredofthebs on 25.10.13 0:09

@Pennypennypenny wrote:Does anyone else think the mccanns may be totally exonerated.? It's just a feeling I have, can't explain
I'm certain of it. But I also believe that in reality they are guilty as sin.

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither on 25.10.13 0:11

@tiredofthebs wrote:
@stillsloppingout wrote:
Yes, me too.

Well spotted.

There are far newer posters than you !!!
nobodythereeither

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 25.10.13 0:11

@tiredofthebs wrote:
@Pennypennypenny wrote:Does anyone else think the mccanns may be totally exonerated.? It's just a feeling I have, can't explain
I'm certain of it. But I also believe that in reality they are guilty as sin.
I don't think they will be exonerated; still have the image of a group of people walking into the unexpected.
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 25.10.13 0:13

On the plus side, the Daily Mail are allowing very negative comments on the McCanns -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2474749/Madeleine-McCann-Fresh-hope-Kate-Gerry-Portuguese-police-prepare-start-search-again.html#addComment

References to the unanswered 48 questions, praise for Amaral, direct charges that the McCanns were involved in Madeleine's disappearance.

Are the national newspapers scenting weakness in the McCann camp?
Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop on 25.10.13 0:15

@Pennypennypenny wrote:Why oh why oh why do commentators and journos always say "I feel tremendous sympathy for the poor mccanns"? I'm incensed with rage.
Those poor kids were left night after night and if they hadn't been abandoned Maddeleine would still be here. When have you ever heard the media be so quite, sympathetic and non judgemental.?
I disagree with every post you've made in this thread Penny Pi.
This i will respond to. I think on a human level everyone felt sympathy for their loss of M.
A child fought for via IVF, as with their other two children.
Lots of medics do self prescribe, yet tranx found in an autopsy would have lost them their jobs and their children.
It would have been prison time for sure. They were between a rock and a hard place and they chose rock.
Unfortunately they went overboard with rock and got carried away with the celeb lifestyle, mixing with the rich and powerful. It all went to their heads and they pushed it all too far and now the wheels have come off. People who doubt, SY will be proven wrong, I have no doubt. I'm looking forward to the progression if this from the portugeuse side. I hope that DNA analysis techniques have increased, or the burden of 'proof' has changed.

I also feel sorry for the McCanns friends who in a show of loyalty followed the narrative. Yet they must know and have doubts and should come clean before they too are out in the spotlight. Do they want to lose their kids or careers? The medical council will throw the book at them for bringing the profession into disrepute.

There is only one track this train is on.
loopzdaloop
loopzdaloop

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 25.10.13 0:18

Oh dear this thread has taken a cynical turn!

The re-opening is brilliant news.  What are chances of TWO police forces from two separate countries corroborating to clear a couple of obnoxious doctors who turned on all those who helped them?  

I watched Sky News earlier and for the first time ever, they referred to the Portuguese case as 'dropped', there was no mention of McCanns being cleared. I have said more on the OFM thread about this, but remember, re-opening of the case was the last thing the McCanns wanted.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Prehensile on 25.10.13 0:19

@Hobs wrote:"The family was informed that the new evidence does not, in any way, point to the responsibility of the parents", assured the lawyer.

Oh Dear.

Firstly, he tells us the NEW evidence doen't point to the parents, ok what about the OLD evidence then?
The cadaver and blood dogs reacting in the apartment, the hire car, clothing from kate and a child, cuddlecat and the key fob.traces of blood and body fluids found in the apartment and hire car.

Secondly, we have the qualifiers which weaken the statement  in this case in any way
Qualifiers are words which, when taken out of the sentence do not hange the meaning of the sentence.
Qualifiers weaken a statement rather than strengthen it.

The responsibility of the parents for what?

The family and not Her or Madeleine's family?
Thanks Hobs and  Searcher
Prehensile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiredofthebs on 25.10.13 0:19

@tiredofthebs wrote:
@stillsloppingout wrote:
Yes, me too.

Well spotted.

There are far newer posters than you !!!
Yes, I think I just realised who is being referred to. I was out for the evening and just started catching up.

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 25.10.13 0:20

I have the feeling they won't be exonerated either. I have felt this from before CW when Gerry flew over to PDL and appeared at the Courthouse with ID. 

When interviewed afterwards outside the Court he was completely and utterly on his own. He had lost several stones. They made fools of themselves both him and ID. 

Just him and her - , a loose cannon and no-one else cared, not even her.

They are finished IMO.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Back to top Go down

Post by tiredofthebs on 25.10.13 0:21

@Cristobell wrote:Oh dear this thread has taken a cynical turn!

The re-opening is brilliant news.  What are chances of TWO police forces from two separate countries corroborating to clear a couple of obnoxious doctors who turned on all those who helped them?  

I watched Sky News earlier and for the first time ever, they referred to the Portuguese case as 'dropped', there was no mention of McCanns being cleared. I have said more on the OFM thread about this, but remember, re-opening of the case was the last thing the McCanns wanted.
Nothing would surprise me now though.

Jimmy Savile was the most prolific paedophile this country has ever known. Yet he was knighted, protected by every police force in the country and even given his own room and the keys to several hospitals including broadmoor.

Clearing a couple of doctors is small fry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 25.10.13 0:28

@tiredofthebs wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:Oh dear this thread has taken a cynical turn!

Nothing would surprise me now though.

Jimmy Savile was the most prolific paedophile this country has ever known. Yet he was knighted, protected by every police force in the country and even given his own room and the keys to several hospitals including broadmoor.

Clearing a couple of doctors is small fry.
Fair comment. 

I think we need to hear from Amaral about the PJ investigation. I would trust more what he says.  But he may not be able to speak until after the end of the libel trial.
Okeydokey

Back to top Go down

Post by thetruthbeknown on 25.10.13 0:32

I still think the investigation will cover all areas, albeit having to find a new opening to go over old ground. The case needed 'new evidence' to be reopened under the sections that allow it. So it had to be evidence other then what the case was shelved with (the arguido status was automatically lifted when the case was shelved)...the Algarve news kind of has this bit right I think...

It is also said that the only way that these investigations could be conducted ‘on the record’ would be if the inquiry was reopened and that the police’s leads are, as British police suspect as well, based around the theory of a kidnapping
thetruthbeknown

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither on 25.10.13 0:33

@loopzdaloop wrote:
There is only one track this train is on.
Feels like bloody Clapham Junction to me big grin

nobodythereeither

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 42 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum