The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth) - Page 17 Mm11

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth) - Page 17 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth) - Page 17 Mm11

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth) - Page 17 Regist10

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth)

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth) - Page 17 Empty Re: CRIMEWATCH ON BBC ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth)

Post by Guest 29.11.13 16:30

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:This is a link to the Sophie Hook case which has been mentioned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Sophie_Hook

Another one that is truly every parent's nightmare.

I did wonder about the child abducted from the bath - how did a stranger know she was there to be able to take her?

So it was someone known to the family?
This was another one local to me, and of interest for the nature of the investigation.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/mar/09/paedophile-dna-david-bryant
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth) - Page 17 Empty Re: CRIMEWATCH ON BBC ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth)

Post by noddy100 29.11.13 16:32

Just watched it again and kate is definitely 'up'
Can't believe KY tells us all to await the 'very latest developments' and then nothing
AR looks livid
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by Swannie 29.11.13 16:45

Portia wrote:In the Netherlands, its not common for people, married or not, to cuddle up in public

Is it in the UK?

Why do the Mecs do this, always? Now, too, from the first sight of them
No, it's only common for English crabs to do it, so Mrs Crab can gouge her claws into Mr Crab's groin if he says too much and he can apply his pincers to Mrs Crab's hand/arm/shoulder if she strays off topic. How shellfish to try and control others like this. Lobsters are even worse.
Swannie

Activity : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.11.13 16:50

noddy100 wrote:Just watched it again and kate is definitely 'up'
Can't believe KY tells us all to await the 'very latest developments' and then nothing
AR looks livid
Don't know if it is just me, but the bit where AR is in the far side of the German studio and appears to be glancing over at the McCanns?  If looks could kill .......
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 29.11.13 16:51

I wonder if the PJ have shown AR some unreleased details on the case when he visited them this week? Or a phone call has given him some evidence that has shocked even him?

Something has happened since the October appeal that's for sure.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 29.11.13 16:51

noddy100 wrote:Just watched it again and kate is definitely 'up'
AR looks livid
What do you mean Kate is up ??
If your saying she looks confident about something, then remember she was in Germany for that portion of film.
chillyheat

Activity : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 29.11.13 16:59

Redwood's deadpan interview. As others have pointed out, he did not blink whilst talking. Only when the camera focussed back on KY for a moment. I think he was concentrating very hard on giving nothing away. And succeeding.

Another observation: Normally, when CW do an update, they have the investigator give a quick recap and usually remind the public of key witnesses they would like to identify or speak to or another request for certain pieces of information.

This time, there was no re-run of reconstruction highlights (just that teeny bit with whooshing curtains) and, of all the efits shown on the main appeal programme, not one of them was shown again and there was no appeal for names this time.

Just a thank you to the public for all their help.

I think SY got exactly what they wanted.
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 29.11.13 17:14

Lance De Boils wrote:Redwood's deadpan interview. As others have pointed out, he did not blink whilst talking. Only when the camera focussed back on KY for a moment. I think he was concentrating very hard on giving nothing away. And succeeding.

Another observation: Normally, when CW do an update, they have the investigator give a quick recap and usually remind the public of key witnesses they would like to identify or speak to or another request for certain pieces of information.

This time, there was no re-run of reconstruction highlights (just that teeny bit with whooshing curtains) and, of all the efits shown on the main appeal programme, not one of them was shown again and there was no appeal for names this time.

Yes, I agree, it all seemed very disjointed to me, the part with KM with her whooshing curtains bit (from the German CW), the CW presenter (Kirstie?) saying we are now going live to Andy Redwood (which looked like it was a recorded piece to me, not live), no new updates on the CW board (it seemed to be all cobbled together by the BBC)  I have the feeling that things may be getting serious and AR didn't want to appear on the programme but was forced by the BBC to continue their "Crime Watch update portion" and he sent a video of himself instead.  He didn't answer the question regarding Tractorman as he wasn't appearing live to answer it.  The BBC filled in the blanks as best they could.

Well, I'm living in hope anyway.  smilie

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion 29.11.13 17:21

May have been cobbled together because the libel trial didn`t produce anything on the day before as expected.
mysterion

Activity : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.11.13 17:22

Newintown wrote:
Lance De Boils wrote:Redwood's deadpan interview. As others have pointed out, he did not blink whilst talking. Only when the camera focussed back on KY for a moment. I think he was concentrating very hard on giving nothing away. And succeeding.

Yes, I agree, it all seemed very disjointed to me, the part with KM with her whooshing curtains bit (from the German CW), the CW presenter (Kirstie?) saying we are now going live to Andy Redwood (which looked like it was a recorded piece to me, not live), no new updates on the CW board (it seemed to be all cobbled together by the BBC)  I have the feeling that things may be getting serious and AR didn't want to appear on the programme but was forced by the BBC to continue their "Crime Watch update portion" and he sent a video of himself instead.  He didn't answer the question regarding Tractorman as he wasn't appearing live to answer it.  The BBC filled in the blanks as best they could.

But of all the questions she could have asked, why that one about dead Tractorman? She couldn't get it out fast enough.
I am glad he didn't answer, maybe he is fed up after having being made to look like a fool on the last programme.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 29.11.13 17:34

dantezebu wrote:
Newintown wrote:

But of all the questions she could have asked, why that one about dead Tractorman? She couldn't get it out fast enough.
I am glad he didn't answer, maybe he is fed up after having being made to look like a fool on the last programme.
Maybe because Tractorman was so high profile in the newspapers, she could have felt embarrassed asking the question but knew it had to be asked as it was all over the press, it couldn't be washed over on the programme otherwise they would have had hundreds of phone calls about it being ignored.

As I said previously, I don't think AR answered because he wasn't there to answer, it was a video of him saying what he wanted to say and BBC filled in around his video.

If AR wasn't there on the live show, it would be good news to know if he was in fact in Portugal liaising with the PJ as to what the next steps were into finding out what happened to Madeleine.  smilie

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.11.13 17:38

PeterMac asked if we would want to play poker with Redwood. Being myself not bad at it, I think "no". I wouldn't be able to distract him with my usual minimal false facial expressions and body-language ... And I wouldn't be able to read anything in his face or body-language, I guess.

I admired him also for using so many words to say nothing. Though, we're all reading between the lines, of course. And I fully agree with others that his "in the weeks and months to follow", as well as NOT asking for more information, are very, very telling.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 29.11.13 18:10

Lance De Boils wrote:In the clip of K&G speaking after the German CW-style prog, I was actually struck by how excited K was. She was almost buzzing - as though she was a stage actress after the first night of a show.

On previous occasions, Gerry has also appeared very excited. In that clip, he was trying not to, imo.

I think they actually enjoy the adrenaline rush, the cameras, performing for the public. They seem to get off on it.
LdB, your words are in fact an echo of words along just those lines uttered by a seasoned detective at the end of this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8bUJBwKxU4

from the BBC programme, 'Soham - 10 Year On'.

The detective is trying to understand why Ian Huntley was such a smooth and convincing liar. He says words almost identical to yours - they 'get a kick out of it', he says, 'they enjoy it' - enjoy being evil criminals but fooling the world into thinking they're completely innocent.

Stop by for a moment and look at the above video for just the last half minute, after 2min 30 secs
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11173

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.11.13 18:15

How ironic though that, before the detective, the person speaking is Mark Williams-Thomas.

How he hasn't seen through a certain other pair, I don't know.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.11.13 18:26

He missed a couple of clues in another case too, NFWTD.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.11.13 18:29

When he was at Tia Sharp's grandmother's house I presume?

I'll be very supposed though if he didn't have Stuart Hazell in mind as the most obvious suspect.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.11.13 18:34

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:How ironic though that, before the detective, the person speaking is Mark Williams-Thomas.

How he hasn't seen through a certain other pair, I don't know.
CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth) - Page 17 Mick_p10

This police officer seems to see through this pair.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.11.13 18:36

I'd be surprised, though. From what I remember from that interview, there was nothing that indicated to me he'd have his doubts ...

Oh well, let's admit it: I am not a MWT fan  winkwink 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.11.13 18:38

admin wrote: CRIMEWATCH ON BBC  ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth) - Page 17 Mick_p10

This police officer seems to see through this pair.
Yes, that's not an "Andy Redwood" ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 29.11.13 18:47

Some posters have commented that AR looked angry. I don't know whether there was anger as such but I will agree he looked pent up.

There are so many unknowns, so this is all the department of guesswork. But the events of this week must play a part.

We do not know what has gone down in Lisbon.

What we do know is that HH strolled into the spotlight this week, made a public statement confounding AR's long time pronouncements that the MET and PJ are cooperating closely, and mentioned an EU oversight of a joint investigation. Then he strolls off-stage again, leaving AR with a very tricky CW response to make, knowing full well the public are not buying into arrant nonsense. A form of undermining from where I'm standing.

How angry/stressed would that make you, if you were the public face of this investigation?

Maybe AR refused to go live on air without senior back-up, knowing how tricky it might become with Kirsty pressing for info. A recorded interview or an interview on home territory would be the safest option under the circumstances he was faced with re the e-fits, not to mention the fall out from the ST article.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by crystalclear 29.11.13 19:16

Hi have only found this forum in the last few weeks and have been reading with interest.I decided to join after seeing last nights CW.

I agree that AR seems to be playing his cards very close to his chest.The update was very different from the usual updates we get with re appeals and showing efits again,also why do they still show the picture of MM when she was much younger? .There certainly seems to be a lot going on in the background to this case.
One thing,i thought it was supposed to be a live link up to the incident room?
crystalclear

Activity : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat 29.11.13 19:29

Two words come into my head when I think about AR and the Investigation.....Epithany and Placebo laughat
chillyheat

Activity : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 29.11.13 19:38

Mirage wrote:What we do know is that HH strolled into the spotlight this week, made a public statement confounding AR's long time pronouncements that the MET and PJ are cooperating closely, and mentioned an EU oversight of a joint investigation. Then he strolls off-stage again, leaving AR with a very tricky CW response to make, knowing full well the public are not buying into arrant nonsense. A form of undermining from where I'm standing.

How angry/stressed would that make you, if you were the public face of this investigation?

Maybe AR refused to go live on air without senior back-up, knowing how tricky it might become with Kirsty pressing for info. A recorded interview or an interview on home territory would be the safest option under the circumstances he was faced with re the e-fits, not to mention the fall out from the ST article.
Mirage, I can't agree with your analysis.

The whole Crimewatch-BBC thing was planned months in advance, and scripted months in advance - despite the fact that Redwood knew damn well that he was going to be releasing 5-year-old efits. If he really wanted to get the person or persons represented by those efits, why the hell didn't he call a major press conference months or years ago (no need for Crimewatch at all), telling the British public to look for him/them? 

I'd like to suggest that the entire CW show on 14 October was for public relations. Redwood had to justify spending £6 million of the nation's hard-earned wealth, whilst the BBC were no doubt chuffed with their 'record' 6.7 million audience. The BBC poured nearly a £1 million into this project.

I interepret Bernard Hyphen-Howe's intervention differently. I think it was along the lines of: "Look, Portuguese Police, if you don't line up smartly alongside Redwood and his men. I'll get the E.U. on to you and get them to enforce a joint investigation".

The only thing that might be affecting Redwood's demeanour is that he is undergoing increasing internal turmoil about his role in this expensive charade.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.11.13 19:50

We have to agree to disagree, Tony.

Nonetheless: friends
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29.11.13 19:53

BTW: Can someone explain to me, WHY the page is "no longer available", every time I post a comment? And I have to re-send the page and connect again?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top