The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Oh I say!!  - Crimewatch aired in UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, but why not Portugal? - Page 3 Mm11

Oh I say!!  - Crimewatch aired in UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, but why not Portugal? - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Oh I say!!  - Crimewatch aired in UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, but why not Portugal? - Page 3 Mm11

Oh I say!!  - Crimewatch aired in UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, but why not Portugal? - Page 3 Regist10

Oh I say!! - Crimewatch aired in UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, but why not Portugal?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oh I say!!  - Crimewatch aired in UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, but why not Portugal? - Page 3 Empty Re: Oh I say!! - Crimewatch aired in UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, but why not Portugal?

Post by tasprin 18.10.13 12:10

"Another Portuguese news channel, TVI, told The Portugal News that it had contacted the British national broadcaster prior to the airing of the show, as it sought to “acquire the programme for Portugal, which was denied.”
“Should the BBC change its position and should TVI continue to show an interest, it is certain that we will look at transmitting the programme in question.
“TVI has also requested the BBC clarify this situation with British media to avoid more erroneous interpretations, such as those claiming Portuguese television channels are not interested in transmitting the programme.”

As TV1 is one of the plaintiffs in the libel trial, this is probably a pre-emptive strike. I would think it is important for TVI to establish the truth about the reasons for the programme not being shown in Portugal, 'to avoid any erroneous interpretations' by Team McCann in the Lisbon courtroom. I can just envisage them claiming the book damaged the search in Portugal, to such an extent that they wouldn't even televise the show. They won't be able to do that now.
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Oh I say!!  - Crimewatch aired in UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, but why not Portugal? - Page 3 Empty Re: Oh I say!! - Crimewatch aired in UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, but why not Portugal?

Post by ShuBob 18.10.13 13:05

Tasprin, TVI also wanted to show the McCanns' Emma Loach-produced documentary at the time it was released but where turned down.

I hope the TVI lawyers tear the McCanns' claims to absolute shreds when the trial resumes.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 18.10.13 14:15

ultimaThule wrote:Given the content of the Crimewatch programme's segment on the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, I suspect the BBC's lawyers advised against it being aired in Portugal because of the ongoing libel trial in Lisbon and I very much doubt that any confirmation of this, or other reason the BBC may have for refusing to sell the programme to any Portuguese tv channel, will be given until such time as the trial is concluded.
And of course, better keep our sardine munching mouths closed instead of causing a national uproar about all the inconsistencies in CW.
Unfortunately for them, even in our "3rd world country " we have internet.
About the libel, whatever they say it's (IMO ) irrelevant, the libel is about a book written based on the PJ files and about the "suffering " it caused on the Mccanns.
But now thinking about it, can I sue BBC for the "suffering " CW caused me?

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth 18.10.13 17:02

StraightThinking wrote:By eliminating Bundleman, NSY have virtually removed the opportunity for abduction

We know from witness statements that Maddie was reported missing some time between 21.15 and 21.30 (not 21.55-22.00 as the MSM in the UK keeps saying)

The earliest time that anyone has given is 21.20, and the earliest report is the one that matters

So it was either Bundleman or some other guy heading off into the dark at almost the same time

But we now allegedly have the real Bundleman as an on-street witness to add to G, JW and JT. So it's unlikely

The people of Portugal didn't need to know all this because they didn't realise it was a big issue in the first place
Why would only the earliest time matter, 9.20?

The closest person to the apartment heard them AFTER 10.30.  This to me would be what matters. She also knew the time because it was after the news. The others were all busy working to be looking at watches. Oh I served wine at 9pm and ordered plate number two at 8.30, more wine at 9.30. I'd say they were too busy to notice the real time.

Also of course it matters to Portugal! They were talking all day about it! They already knew 8.30 -10pm was going to be mentioned. So it mattered only to Germany and holland more?
Seek truth

Activity : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by StraightThinking 18.10.13 17:19

Seek truth wrote:
StraightThinking wrote:We know from witness statements that Maddie was reported missing some time between 21.15 and 21.30

The earliest time that anyone has given is 21.20, and the earliest report is the one that matters
Why would only the earliest time matter, 9.20? The closest person to the apartment heard them AFTER 10.30.
The earliest time that anybody heard that M was missing is important because it means she couldn't have been abducted after that time. Three independent witnesses said they heard a little girl was missing between 21.15 and 21.30. one of them gave the time as 21.20

Furthermore, one of the witnesses heard someone shouting "Madeleine, Madeleine" between 21.15 and 21.30

This is 35-40 mins before the alarm was raised according to the accepted timeline, though in fact the Tapas table was empty at 21.40

The main period of interest is, therefore, the minutes leading up to 21.20
StraightThinking

Activity : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by StraightThinking 18.10.13 17:25

Seek truth wrote:
StraightThinking wrote:The people of Portugal didn't need to know all this because they didn't realise it was a big issue in the first place
Also of course it matters to Portugal! They were talking all day about it! They already knew 8.30 -10pm was going to be mentioned. So it mattered only to Germany and holland more?
No they didn't. The Portuguese investigation placed little or no emphasis on the 21.15 Bundleman sighting, and the only purpose of the CW programme was to claim that the real Bundleman had been found. So broadcasting CW in Portugal would just have told the viewers that something they never believed in the first place was now no longer being investigated
StraightThinking

Activity : 180

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top