The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Cadavarine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cadavarine

Post by travesty on Thu Oct 17 2013, 15:02

I am a new poster here but I have been following this case on and off for a couple of years. I firmly believe that the dogs have given us all the damning proof that we need and I am filled with amazement, shock and disgust how the UK media have just totally ignored this vital piece of forensic evidence.

I have a question which maybe somebody might know the answer to. The substance cadavarine which one of the dogs tests for, how long after death does this chemical build up in the body to an extent that a dog can detect it. From my googling, it apparently is present in small quantities in every living person too. If there is a time period of cadavarine build-up, then this must give a guide to when death occurred in the flat?
avatar
travesty

Posts : 5
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Cadavarine

Post by dentdelion on Thu Oct 17 2013, 15:08

My understanding is that it takes an hour post mortum for scent to be detectable by dogs.
avatar
dentdelion

Posts : 129
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Cadavarine

Post by travesty on Thu Oct 17 2013, 15:12

ok, in which case this puts time of death as early as 8.15pm?
avatar
travesty

Posts : 5
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Cadavarine

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 17 2013, 18:52

dentdelion wrote:My understanding is that it takes an hour post mortum for scent to be detectable by dogs.
***
Grimes and others say that it takes MINUTES.
And, you know, I do believe them.
I have dogs. Always had dogs. I never trained them for anything [apart from being civilised big grin] , but you wouldn't believe what they can smell AND tell you ...
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cadavarine

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 17 2013, 19:06

Châtelaine wrote:
dentdelion wrote:My understanding is that it takes an hour post mortum for scent to be detectable by dogs.
***
Grimes and others say that it takes MINUTES.
And, you know, I do believe them.
I have dogs. Always had dogs. I never trained them for anything [apart from being civilised ] , but you wouldn't believe what they can smell AND tell you ...
I have read articles re trials testing how quickly dogs could smell cadaver, I can't remember where because I looked at lots of sites. (wish I had kept it) Anyway they said that it ranged from anywhere from 10 mins to an hour or so. So they can pick up the scent after a very short time........
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Cadavarine

Post by Smokeandmirrors on Thu Oct 17 2013, 19:12

candyfloss wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:
dentdelion wrote:My understanding is that it takes an hour post mortum for scent to be detectable by dogs.
***
Grimes and others say that it takes MINUTES.
And, you know, I do believe them.
I have dogs. Always had dogs. I never trained them for anything [apart from being civilised ] , but you wouldn't believe what they can smell AND tell you ...
I have read articles re trials testing how quickly dogs could smell cadaver, I can't remember where because I looked at lots of sites. (wish I had kept it)  Anyway they said that it ranged from anywhere from 10 mins to an hour or so.  So they can pick up the scent after a very short time........
I remember finding some articles/studies some time ago, and IIRC a dog can detect it after a few minutes of contact to an item to around 95%, but the accuracy of the detection increases with up to an hour getting something like 98%. This is just from memory. That regards to contact of corpse to an item, not time for cadavarine tp develop in a corpse.

____________________
The truth will out.
avatar
Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Cadavarine

Post by lj on Fri Oct 18 2013, 05:03

In children (small bodies) it might be less too.

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
avatar
lj

Posts : 3322
Reputation : 196
Join date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Cadavarine

Post by Nina on Fri Oct 18 2013, 11:16

As soon as death occurs the body begins to change. This change is towards decomposition and destruction of the corpse. I believe Martin Grimes when he says minutes.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.
avatar
Nina

Posts : 2853
Reputation : 330
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 74

Back to top Go down

Re: Cadavarine

Post by bristow on Sat Oct 19 2013, 16:39

Very interesting, I didn't realise that dogs could detect within minutes, I thought it was about 90 minutes.

____________________
Coincidence is a messenger sent by truth.
avatar
bristow

Posts : 823
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-11-24

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum