The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Gerry's clothes

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re:Gerry's Clothes

Post by Sparklehorse on 06.05.14 15:49

Am probably being a bit thick here but how could Amelie have been dressed in the pyjamas Madeleine was wearing when she disappeared? 
Sparklehorse

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry's clothes

Post by Guest on 06.05.14 15:53

Sparklehorse wrote:Am probably being a bit thick here but how could Amelie have been dressed in the pyjamas Madeleine was wearing when she disappeared? 

Easily dear,

A. Maddie never wore them;
B. Amelie never wore them;
C. (A+B) The Mecs think we're a bunch of eejits

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparklehorse on 06.05.14 15:58

Thank you Portia and here I am proving them right for once.
Sparklehorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Clocker on 06.05.14 17:00

Oh dear well I must be proving them right too lol as I thought that maybe these were M's jammies and A did wear them which would prove M didn't disappear in them like they claimed!

Clocker

Back to top Go down

Post by XTC on 06.05.14 22:50

Portia wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:Am probably being a bit thick here but how could Amelie have been dressed in the pyjamas Madeleine was wearing when she disappeared? 

Easily dear,

A. Maddie never wore them;
B. Amelie never wore them;
C. (A+B) The Mecs think we're a bunch of eejits
A question for all mothers here:

If you were to place your child at say 7.30pm in the night creche would you have your child dressed in pyjmas before placing the child in the
night creche or would they be wearing their day clothes with a view to putting them in their pyjamas when they got back home at say 9.20pm?

Don't forget in your answers that it was a bloke who was carrying this child and it is a bloke you are answering and we are not aware of sartorial elegance re: children. In fact pretend you are replying to say- Jeremy Clarckson - the unthinking man's trumpet.

XTC

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 06.05.14 23:19

Nightwear , to avoid disturbing them when they were being put to bed. All I would add would be a jacket or cardigan, maybe a blanket depending on the weather....

but certainly not day clothes. 

All needed for a child still in nappies would be a quick change then PJ bottoms pulled up from ankles.

Daywear.. removing clothes,  even while gently bending arms and legs and maybe pulling  something over the head, when you want them to remain asleep?
 Don't see the sense in that.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia on 06.05.14 23:28

IMO XCT it depends on how you look after and care for your child/children i would personally have them bathed and in jimmy's.No offence to men but i don't think they think  like us women especially if they only think of themselves..Having said that i suppose it works both ways

petunia

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 06.05.14 23:35

I'm a bloke, but I would have put my children in their night-clothes. 7:30pm is already quite late for a little one.

whatliesbehindthesofa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.05.14 9:35

Nightclothes.

*takes a moment to go all misty eyed remembering the lovely snuggly tigger onesie Baby Poe used to wear*

I'd also send Mr Poe to collect him because sleeping toddlers weigh an absolute ton. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 07.05.14 11:21

I would put nightclothes on and then a coat on top. I was forever going into my children's bedroom, when they were young, wondering if they were too hot/too cold. A mother worries about that sort of thing.

I wonder how many mothers here have cringed seeing their children at visiting times in a Maternity ward dressed in ill fitting clothes that you would never put together? I know I have......sorry dads!
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 07.05.14 12:19

Hicks wrote:
I wonder how many mothers here have cringed seeing their children at visiting times in a Maternity ward dressed in ill fitting clothes that you would never put together? I know I have......sorry dads!
Haha yes Hicks!
When our second child was born my husband brought our two year old in dressed in a mixture of the ''just-grown- out- of-but save-in case -we- have- another-boy'' pile and a pile of winter clothes a friend had given me for him to grow into. He arrived , in hottest July, wearing an incredibly tight t shirt with a much bigger woolly vest hanging down underneath it, and a pair of thick corduroy shorts....   big grin
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 07.05.14 14:26

worriedmum wrote:
Hicks wrote:
Haha yes Hicks!
When our second child was born my husband brought our two year old in dressed in a mixture of the ''just-grown- out- of-but save-in case -we- have- another-boy'' pile and a pile of winter clothes a friend had given me for him to grow into. He arrived , in hottest July, wearing an incredibly tight t shirt with a much bigger woolly vest hanging down underneath it, and a pair of thick corduroy shorts....   big grin
I was taken ill with meningitis whilst on holiday in Plymouth and was rushed into the isolation hospital early hours of the morning. Weeks passed and hubby had returned back home to Yorkshire and came the day for my release. He got the train tickets all arranged, he arrived looking wonderful and offered a bag to me. I had been in hospital for 6 weeks and was 4 months pregnant when admitted, so he arrived with my best frock, my pre pregnancy best frock, as he thought it would cheer me up. And that was it, just a frock. No underwear, no shoes, just a frock  Mrs 
Sorry way off topic  roses

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 07.05.14 14:36

spit coffee!

just a frock...

Sorry waaay off topic, but it IS nice to smile !
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 07.05.14 15:06

Nina wrote:
worriedmum wrote:
Hicks wrote:
Haha yes Hicks!
I was taken ill with meningitis whilst on holiday in Plymouth and was rushed into the isolation hospital early hours of the morning. Weeks passed and hubby had returned back home to Yorkshire and came the day for my release. He got the train tickets all arranged, he arrived looking wonderful and offered a bag to me. I had been in hospital for 6 weeks and was 4 months pregnant when admitted, so he arrived with my best frock, my pre pregnancy best frock, as he thought it would cheer me up. And that was it, just a frock. No underwear, no shoes, just a frock  Mrs 
Sorry way off topic  roses
So funny - but the thought was there!!  Mr

HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.05.14 17:24

@ Nina: thanks for a genuine smile. They often mean so well, but they're from a different plane, aren't they? Which keeps us interested in the species  big grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereid on 07.05.14 17:49

petunia wrote:IMO XCT it depends on how you look after and care for your child/children i would personally have them bathed and in jimmy's.No offence to men but i don't think they think  like us women especially if they only think of themselves..Having said that i suppose it works both ways
Also what Mark Warner stipulated:

"Childcare
Mark Warner’s superb childcare facilities for all ages from four months upwards are available and a unique service on offer at the Ocean Club is our ‘Dine Out’ option. As accommodations are spread throughout the village, we offer to keep an eye on the little ones while you go out to eat – just drop them at our kids club, ready for bed and pick them up when you’ve finished."

http://web.archive.org/web/20070322231953/http://www.markwarner.co.uk/summer_holidays/portugal/ocean_club/resort_details

Nereid

Back to top Go down

Gerry's clothes

Post by XTC on 07.05.14 22:47

Nereid wrote:
petunia wrote:IMO XCT it depends on how you look after and care for your child/children i would personally have them bathed and in jimmy's.No offence to men but i don't think they think  like us women especially if they only think of themselves..Having said that i suppose it works both ways
Also what Mark Warner stipulated:

"Childcare
Mark Warner’s superb childcare facilities for all ages from four months upwards are available and a unique service on offer at the Ocean Club is our ‘Dine Out’ option. As accommodations are spread throughout the village, we offer to keep an eye on the little ones while you go out to eat – just drop them at our kids club, ready for bed and pick them up when you’ve finished."

http://web.archive.org/web/20070322231953/http://www.markwarner.co.uk/summer_holidays/portugal/ocean_club/resort_details
Thanks to everyone who has replied. The concensus seems to be putting a child  in the creche already dressed for bed.

What is curious is that unlike JW the now known bundleman didn't make use of a trolley to move his child to and from the night creche. Either he didn't have one or because he fancied a few drinks with his better half  preferred instead to possibly trundle tipsily round PdL with a child laid flat in his arms ( a back breaking way of doing it)? A trolley would have been a much safer conveyance.

That is the way I'd have carried a child. The easy way not the hard way.

p.s. If he really does exist - like the Yeti - I would like to know even via a media leak what he saw while he was bundling past 5a?

That would be just as  interesting as  what his child was wearing. Perhaps like the Yeti he is a bit shy?

XTC

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 on 08.05.14 18:31

This area in the D M article is interesting, could that building have been a barn if so wonder who it belongs to. Can't get that picture up,  afraid

This land that was not fenced at the time of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann is contiguous to the path where witnesses saw a man passing with a child in pyjamas in her arms the night of the disappearance

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2623254/Scotland-Yard-detectives-leading-hunt-Madeleine-McCann-arrive-Portugal-ahead-excavations-town-vanished.html#ixzz3195t8oB5

Markus 2

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 09.05.14 20:06

Andrew77R wrote:@JRob.

Always thoroughly enjoy reading your detailed analogies and in depth reasoning's of your posts.

I was unfamiliar with the Elizabeth Smart case until i did a bit of background reading on it. I believe it was purported on another thread at some point today.

A agree that there are a lot of similarities, however i think the Mccann's drew inspiration from this case AFTER the 3rd of May and IMO not prior. 

Yes, that i can see that there are certain things that can hold some weight in that theory but to me it's over complicating things.

I just cant believe that the Mccann's and the rest of the tapas group went away on holiday together with a pre planned abduction / kidnapping going to be carried out of a near 4 year old girl.

However, i do believe that during the aftermath then similarities of that particular case were taken. 

IMO obviously.

Just one remark about JRob excellents remarks on the Elisabeth Smart case: The AMBER alert had nothing to do with Elisabeth Smart. AMBER is officially a backronym for America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response, but was named for Amber Hagerman, a 9-year-old abducted and murdered in Arlington, Texas, in 1996.

In My opinion the Smart case is very fishy and I have no doubt that, while the Smarts hoped to rise to the level of fame of Amber, Marc Klaas, and John Walsh, Gerry wanted to rise to the level of all 4 of them, including the extra money that that would bring. We do know Gerry had repeated contacts with the Smarts.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 30.06.14 22:28

Here is what I find interesting about Gerry McCann. Note the date he called his friend Nick Gill which was Saturday according to Nick and in his own words says this ( taken from the mccannfiles)
Statement of Nick tony Gill

During the following 24 hours we kept in contact by means of text messages, but I spoke with Gerry on Saturday morning and he seemed to me to be in a nervous emotional state. He asked me to bring them some warmer clothes.

Now we see Gerry in an emotional state..over clothes of all things? So I'm assuming someone tipped the mccanns off that the PJ wanted to inspect their clothing... now from GA's statement on the clothing ( notice it was two days after the disappearance so would be Saturday)
It was also on May 5th 2007, two days after the announcement of Madeleine's disappearance, that the PJ, according to Gonçalo Amaral, were going to commit an important error: "we were busy checking leads that came from the ambassador. Leads that incidentally proved false."

New instructions from the regional and the national directorate of the PJ, given after the intervention of the two British diplomats - the ambassador John Buck and the consul Bill Henderson - diverted the attention of the investigators from the McCanns.

Kate and Gerry McCann, for the first and only time, then went to take clothes for washing at the complex's laundry, amongst them some of Madeleine's clothes, which the inspectors were not going to learn about until two days later. Too late, according to Gonçalo Amaral.

"At the time, we had no way of knowing exactly what clothes Gerry was wearing on the night of the disappearance or what clothes were given to be washed on May 5th," Gonçalo Amaral acknowledges.

It was through statements from several officials of the complex, linked to the laundry service, that the inspectors were to learn that the McCann had had some of the children's clothes washed, Madeleine's and also Sean's and Amelie's.

"That would never have happened without the intervention of Mark Warner and especially the ambassador. They took advantage of the space we left for them, which was an error on our part," Gonçalo Amaral admits.

"Last Saturday (5/05/2007) I received a bag of clothes brought by Mark Warner officials, which were expressly stated as belonging to Madeleine's family -there were adults' clothes (male and female) and children's (...)," one of the laundry supervisors stated. If the laundry supervisor only admits to remembering about a pink skirt belonging to Madeleine, she is formally saying that there were indeed other of the little British girl's clothes, which a few work colleagues have elsewhere confirmed to the police.

So looks like Gerry had a slight advantage and made sure he covered his bases by getting new "warmer" clothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by missbeetle on 30.06.14 23:30

Hi Kim -

Nicky Toni Gill is this person -

"

One of Kate's oldest friends from Liverpool. Kate is on the right in the First Communion picture.

Of note, and probably off-topic, this lady does not seem to be a godparent to any of the McCann children.
missbeetle

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 01.07.14 0:05

Ahhh ty missbeetle I assumed it was a man ty for that clarification:) I suppose I find it more strange that Kate didn't call herself.I suppose one would think she would have been a Godmother to Madeleine with the ivf and all. Of course with Kate n Gerry ya never know

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 01.07.14 9:21

KimHager

''Here is what I find interesting about Gerry McCann. Note the date he called his friend Nick Gill which was Saturday according to Nick and in his own words says this ( taken from the mccannfiles)

During the following 24 hours we kept in contact by means of text messages, but I spoke with Gerry on Saturday morning and he seemed to me to be in a nervous emotional state. He asked me to bring them some warmer clothes.''

Warmer?
You are just entering the holiday season, so you need warmer clothes?

IIRC wasn't there a suggestion that Kate pose in a swimsuit on the beach for the press?( Presumably also with a hat, gloves, scarf ,fleece, vest etc etc...)
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 01.07.14 9:42

worriedmum wrote:KimHager

''Here is what I find interesting about Gerry McCann. Note the date he called his friend Nick Gill which was Saturday according to Nick and in his own words says this ( taken from the mccannfiles)

During the following 24 hours we kept in contact by means of text messages, but I spoke with Gerry on Saturday morning and he seemed to me to be in a nervous emotional state. He asked me to bring them some warmer clothes.''

Warmer?
You are just entering the holiday season, so you need warmer clothes?

IIRC wasn't there a suggestion that Kate pose in a swimsuit on the beach for the press?( Presumably also with a hat, gloves, scarf ,fleece, vest etc etc...)
Yes - that is strange.  In a nervous emotional state - the last thing you'd be thinking of is your clothing requirements... UNLESS - you were nervous and emotional about being caught - and needed some more
because you'd had to get rid of some.

HelenMeg

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 01.07.14 19:14

That's what I thought too...why warmer clothes? Then another puzzle piece fell into place, the bag with the fleece and jeans..now I'm thinking JT was getting a message sent loud and clear.Suppose those clothes were Gerry Mccanns..and JT knew what Gerry wore and let it slip out in her nervousness when she babbled on about not having jeans etc.and fleeces.That part om still sorting through in the statements.

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum