The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Sunday Express - ACCEPTED VERSION OF EVENTS IS WRONG and DAILYSTAR - WHAT YOU KNOW IS NOT THE TRUTH - Page 3 Mm11

Sunday Express - ACCEPTED VERSION OF EVENTS IS WRONG and DAILYSTAR - WHAT YOU KNOW IS NOT THE TRUTH - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Sunday Express - ACCEPTED VERSION OF EVENTS IS WRONG and DAILYSTAR - WHAT YOU KNOW IS NOT THE TRUTH - Page 3 Mm11

Sunday Express - ACCEPTED VERSION OF EVENTS IS WRONG and DAILYSTAR - WHAT YOU KNOW IS NOT THE TRUTH - Page 3 Regist10

Sunday Express - ACCEPTED VERSION OF EVENTS IS WRONG and DAILYSTAR - WHAT YOU KNOW IS NOT THE TRUTH

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunday Express - ACCEPTED VERSION OF EVENTS IS WRONG and DAILYSTAR - WHAT YOU KNOW IS NOT THE TRUTH - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunday Express - ACCEPTED VERSION OF EVENTS IS WRONG and DAILYSTAR - WHAT YOU KNOW IS NOT THE TRUTH

Post by Tony Bennett 13.10.13 0:07

QUOTE: "The reconstruction - which includes Mr McCann's 6pm tennis lesson when Madeleine acted as ballgirl".

REPLY: IIRC NONE of the Tapas 9 mention this in their statements.

On the contrary, the statements say that after the (claimed) high tea (of which there is more than one version), they all took the children back to the apartment (G5A) because Madeleine was tired.

If Redwood is going to claim that Madeleine was a 'ball-girl' at 6.00pm on 3 May 2007, why is that not mentioned in any statement?

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Sunday Express - ACCEPTED VERSION OF EVENTS IS WRONG and DAILYSTAR - WHAT YOU KNOW IS NOT THE TRUTH - Page 3 Empty Re: Sunday Express - ACCEPTED VERSION OF EVENTS IS WRONG and DAILYSTAR - WHAT YOU KNOW IS NOT THE TRUTH

Post by MoonGoddess 13.10.13 0:08

Redwood just said on Sky News that he is taking things 'right back to the beginning' and "accepting nothing"...

Thank You ShuBob

Activity : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 13.10.13 0:10

suzyjohnson wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
suzyjohnson wrote:Tony, somewhere I'm sure I just read that Madeleine was present at GM's 6pm tennis match on 3rd May. I'll look .....
 Not that I remember.

On the contrary, one of the versions of why Dr Gerald McCann (as he claims) asked David Payne (at around 6.30pm) to go and visit Kate in their apartment (G5A) was 'to see if she wanted to bring the children down to watch him play tennis'
As Moongoddess said, 'It could be mis-reporting but the Mail:The reconstruction - which includes Mr McCann's 6pm tennis lesson when Madeleine acted as ballgirl'

I just read this and so then I checked GM's statement to see whether it was possible MM was there at this time (like you, I thought not, as you point out, GM sent DP to see KM and the children at 6.30pm, so prob just mis-reporting by the Mail. But let's see what's in this reconstruction on Mon .......)
It could also be that someone (GM?) has changed his statement yet again spin 
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 13.10.13 0:11

MoonGoddess wrote:Redwood just said on Sky News that he is taking things 'right back to the beginning' and "accepting nothing"...

Thank You ShuBob
roses 
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by listener 13.10.13 0:12

sofa wrote:It looks like SY is spending more on finding alibis for the MC than the whereabouts of the little one
listener
listener

Activity : 681

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonGoddess 13.10.13 0:13

ShuBob wrote:
suzyjohnson wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
suzyjohnson wrote:Tony, somewhere I'm sure I just read that Madeleine was present at GM's 6pm tennis match on 3rd May. I'll look .....
 Not that I remember.

On the contrary, one of the versions of why Dr Gerald McCann (as he claims) asked David Payne (at around 6.30pm) to go and visit Kate in their apartment (G5A) was 'to see if she wanted to bring the children down to watch him play tennis'
As Moongoddess said, 'It could be mis-reporting but the Mail:The reconstruction - which includes Mr McCann's 6pm tennis lesson when Madeleine acted as ballgirl'

I just read this and so then I checked GM's statement to see whether it was possible MM was there at this time (like you, I thought not, as you point out, GM sent DP to see KM and the children at 6.30pm, so prob just mis-reporting by the Mail. But let's see what's in this reconstruction on Mon .......)
Well according to him at the time, he was playing with Dan, Julian and Curtis [IIRC it was a 'men's' tournament] the clip on SkyNews just showed Kate and Gerry playing with Madeleine as the ballgirl.... I guess it will be clearer tomorrow [or not!!]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.10.13 0:14

13 October 2013 Last updated at 00:01

Madeleine McCann: Crimewatch to show 'fresh version of events'

Sunday Express - ACCEPTED VERSION OF EVENTS IS WRONG and DAILYSTAR - WHAT YOU KNOW IS NOT THE TRUTH - Page 3 _70448204_madeleineCrimewatch will feature a 25-minute reconstruction of events in the case

The timeline and accepted version of events surrounding Madeleine McCann's disappearance have "significantly changed", British police say.
The Metropolitan Police said a BBC Crimewatch appeal to be aired on Monday would feature "the most detailed reconstruction" of the case yet.
It will also broadcast e-fits of a number of men police want to find.
Madeleine, of Rothley, Leicestershire, was three when she went missing in Portugal in May 2007.
She disappeared from her family's holiday flat in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz, as her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, dined out with friends at a nearby restaurant.
Portuguese authorities dropped their investigation into the case in 2008, but Scotland Yard started a review in May 2011.
'New significance'
The purpose of the Crimewatch appeal, which police are describing as the "most complex and detailed" so far in the case, is to try to identify a number of computer-generated images, or e-fits, of men who were sighted in and around Praia da Luz on or before Thursday 3 May 2007.
Sunday Express - ACCEPTED VERSION OF EVENTS IS WRONG and DAILYSTAR - WHAT YOU KNOW IS NOT THE TRUTH - Page 3 _70448550_newimage_bbc An image (R) of how Madeleine might have looked aged nine
As part of that effort, a reconstruction - almost 25 minutes long - of events leading up to and surrounding Madeleine's disappearance will be shown.
A short clip released in advance by police shows an actress playing Madeleine running across a tennis court as two adults, apparently her parents, play a game.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote
When it's a special occasion, when you should be at your happiest, and Madeleine's not there, that's when it really hits home”
End Quote Gerry McCann
During the search for their daughter, the McCann family released a photograph of Madeleine, believed to be one of the last taken of her during the holiday, holding several tennis balls.
Det Ch Insp Andy Redwood, who is heading the investigation, said: "The timeline we have now established has given new significance to sightings and movements of people in and around Praia da Luz at the time of Madeleine's disappearance.
"Our work to date has significantly changed the timeline and the accepted version of events that has been in the public domain to date.
"It has allowed us to work with Crimewatch to build the most detailed reconstruction as yet, and highlight very specific appeal points.
"I hope that when the public see our investigative strands drawn together within the overall context of that appeal, it will bring in new information that moves our investigation forward."
Sunday Express - ACCEPTED VERSION OF EVENTS IS WRONG and DAILYSTAR - WHAT YOU KNOW IS NOT THE TRUTH - Page 3 _70448549_madeleinetennis The McCanns released this picture of their daughter during the search for her
DCI Redwood said that police had sought to "try and draw everything back to zero... take everything back to the beginning and then reanalyse and reassess everything, accepting nothing".
Phone records
He added: "The careful and critical analysis of the timeline has been absolutely key. Primarily, we are focused on the area between 8.30pm and 10pm.
"We know that at 8.30, that was the time that Mr and Mrs McCann went down to the tapas area for their dinner, and we know that at around 10pm, that was when Mrs McCann found that Madeleine was missing."
Madeleine's parents will make a live appeal in the studio during the programme and, ahead of the broadcast, they told the BBC how much they still miss her.
"When it's a special occasion, when you should be at your happiest, and Madeleine's not there, that's when it really hits home," Mr McCann said.
Mrs McCann added: "It's when you have the big family occasions... and you haven't got your complete family."
Earlier this month, police said phone records may be key to the case after it emerged officers were analysing data from phones belonging to people who were in Praia da Luz when Madeleine vanished.
The Crimewatch appeal will also be broadcast in the Netherlands and Germany.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24509235#
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 13.10.13 0:15

MoonGoddess wrote:
ShuBob wrote:
suzyjohnson wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
 Not that I remember.

Well according to him at the time, he was playing with Dan, Julian and Curtis [IIRC it was a 'men's' tournament] the clip on SkyNews just showed Kate and Gerry playing with Madeleine as the ballgirl.... I guess it will be clearer tomorrow [or not!!]
Could it be that Madeleine was last seen by an independent witness at the tennis match?
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 13.10.13 0:16

ShuBob wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
ShuBob wrote:
melisande wrote:
littlepixie wrote:Have they re-written the PJ Files?
That was my first thought.  Shame on them all if they have rewritten 'her last hours' as the Sunday Telegraph putsit on their front page.  Screams whitewash.
Let's not rush to judgment. It's possible one or more of the tapas witnesses have changed their statements.
 But as I've just posted above, all nine of them got together during the first week and prodcued an agreed version of the events of the evening of  3 May - agreed by all nine of them.

How can they now depart from that?

By admitting they LIED when they created the timeline? It's a possibility and a not-so far-fetched one IMO.
ShuBob, you would have to concede that if the accepted timeline varies from what we were all told six years, five months and 10 days ago [2,353 days], both Redwood and the Tapas group are going to have to come up with a pretty convincing and robust explanation for why it does.

Have the BBC created a video reconstruction of Madeleine acting as a 'ball-girl' at 6pm on 3 May 2007 without having checked that the files not only do not say that - but actually say something to the contrary?

That would be pretty major - especially in an internationally high profile case like this one.

In fact I'd go so far as to say that the Metropolitan Police and the BBC might be risking all of what is left of their crumbling reputations for truth and accuracy if they mislead millions of viewers about the events of the day Madeleine was reported missing

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Wahrheit 13.10.13 0:16

If one or some have changed statements shouldn't they be susceptible to a charge of perverting the course of justice after all this time?
Wahrheit

Activity : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 13.10.13 0:16

Sky News had this as main story.

SY are focusing on 8.30 pm until 10 pm on Thursday want witnesses to concentrate on this time period.
 The reporter referred to the tennis photo as the last photo of M taken on the holiday
  CW clip :
 Redwood said tried to take everything  back to zero, start from scratch, accepting nothing.

Time btwn 8.30 and 10 pm crucial They know that is when the parents left for their meal and they know that at 10pm Mrs McCann returned and found M missing.

I think they will say the revelation was that JT saw someone else  [ child in CW trailer not carried was JT described and is wearing pj bottoms with long cuffed legs]  and so the window of opportunity has widened because of course MO did not see Maddie.
  If they also revise the timeline that will be a 3rd version of events and means that there were many errors in the statements which they nevertheless signed as correct. Portuguese police will be delighted with that.

And I wonder how JT in her flip flops was not heard or seen by the 2 men in the same quiet street, because even if they say JT saw an innocent man who did not come forward to be eliminated because of the media circus, she has always maintained being on the street when G and J were there.
 As for reports that M was at 6 pm tennis...where was that?
 That contradicts the statements of all of the group doesn't it?

Makes no sense to me, but then not a lot does.

WHACKED anyway so off to bed.  Nite all !

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.10.13 0:18

From BBC article......

Det Ch Insp Andy Redwood, who is heading the investigation, said: "The timeline we have now established has given new significance to sightings and movements of people in and around Praia da Luz at the time of Madeleine's disappearance.

"Our work to date has significantly changed the timeline and the accepted version of events that has been in the public domain to date
what
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop 13.10.13 0:22

Tony Bennett wrote:Even if Redwood, after he and his 37 (now 43) officers have spent 2.5 years on the case, has only marginally adjusted the timeline, it starts to break apart the carefully-constructed 'composite timeline' that the Tapas 9 spent a whole week thinking about and then handed to the Portuguese Police on 10 May.

The more Redwood's new version of the timeline departs from the 'accepted' original version, the more suspicion will inevitably fall on whether the 'errors' by the Tapas 9 were the result of poor memory recall - or perhaps something else  
ShuBob wrote:
How can they now depart from that?

By admitting they LIED when they created the timeline? It's a possibility and a not-so far-fetched one IMO.
Thinking about this, its really really clever. If they have the Mccann's on board to agree that perhaps the timeline is not exactly how they first made it out to be.... but its fine, because if its not how it first was, THE GERMANS THE GERMANS, then its okay to start to speak to the rest of the Tapas again. Furthermore, its okay that things may actually be different to how things were!
Its not a lie, just a misunderstanding in the moment, the stress of it all. Everyone can be mistaken.... high5 

So far, its just s small chip in the windscreen, but we all know what happens to small chips when the road gets bumpy.

Sunday Express - ACCEPTED VERSION OF EVENTS IS WRONG and DAILYSTAR - WHAT YOU KNOW IS NOT THE TRUTH - Page 3 Broken-car-windscreen-11139108

loopzdaloop
loopzdaloop

Activity : 481

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum 13.10.13 0:26

This is it. The lies have reached a critical mass and there's a kind of insane chain-reaction kicking off. Everybody is re-writing everything. Ball girl, no ball girl. Payne visits 5A for 30 seconds...Payne visits 5A for 30 minutes. Confusion is good until it makes everything so cloudy that YOU lose track of how big the lies you're telling are. 

All it takes is for the fog to lift for a moment to leave you exposed, next to a lie so monumental that it cannot be explained away. I'm hoping this is what we're witnessing right now. It definitely feels like an 'endgame' and the level of scrutiny is increasing.

Activity : 425

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonGoddess 13.10.13 0:31

sallypelt wrote:
MoonGoddess wrote:
ShuBob wrote:
suzyjohnson wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
 Not that I remember.

Could it be that Madeleine was last seen by an independent witness at the tennis match?
I thought that, but then IF Gerry WAS playing tennis, he said it was with Dan, Julian and whatshisname - surely they would have been interviewed and statemented? It will be a very interesting thing if they have Madeleine at that 6pm tennis match....

Back to top Go down

Post by coppernob 13.10.13 0:32

What if the ball girl photo is not Maddie but until now we have been led to believe it is as it suits the Macs agenda but now someone has come forward to say that the child in the photo was seen on the courts at the time we are now being told? Wasn't there , if my memory is correct, a story released by one of the other tapas to say that they were all messing around with the other children on the tennis courts , all except the Macs children? All IMO of course
coppernob
coppernob

Activity : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 13.10.13 0:33

from a Swede on twitter 
Kylliki Tennemann@KTtweets222 11m
Swedish paper running breaking story: Arrest in #mccann case! Maddie not found however,   'Suspect' released. Yawn. #PR pic.twitter.com/KBGjQJk0O6

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by listener 13.10.13 0:39

candyfloss wrote:From BBC article......

"Our work to date has significantly changed the timeline and the accepted version of events that has been in the public domain to date
what
So they (SY) will now produce a timeline which makes abduction possible ?
And the witnesses will nod their heads in agreement and say " ya know - it was so long ago - I can't now remember exactly what happened (and when)"
listener
listener

Activity : 681

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 13.10.13 0:40

I have thought for some time that the tennis picture is of an older child, possibly 4-5 years, with longer limbs.  There has been some speculation about this and analysis of the picture on the net but I don't have a link.  I think it is also the picture that only came to light after GM had returned to the UK?

There is a statement which says GM came back to the apartment in the evening to find KM sitting with the children on the sofa which, if true, tends to rule out Madeleine being present at the tennis match.
Searcher

Activity : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 13.10.13 0:40

ProfessorPPlum wrote:This is it. The lies have reached a critical mass and there's a kind of insane chain-reaction kicking off. Everybody is re-writing everything. Ball girl, no ball girl. Payne visits 5A for 30 seconds...Payne visits 5A for 30 minutes. Confusion is good until it makes everything so cloudy that YOU lose track of how big the lies you're telling are. 

All it takes is for the fog to lift for a moment to leave you exposed, next to a lie so monumental that it cannot be explained away. I'm hoping this is what we're witnessing right now. It definitely feels like an 'endgame' and the level of scrutiny is increasing.
But how can SY suddenly arrest the Mccanns when they appear to be backing them up?

Sorry I'm going for whitewash.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 13.10.13 0:40

sallypelt wrote:Could it be that Madeleine was last seen by an independent witness at the tennis match?
 What, and she was not noticed acting as a ball-girl there by any of the Tapas group? Redwood can't come along six-and-a-half years later saying that Madeleine was a ball-girl at 6pm on the court if none of the Tapas group has mentioned that before.

The McCanns' account of this period is of course given in the book, 'madeleine', by Dr Kate McCann, page 66:

General description:

"Just before 5pm, the arrangement was that the nannies would bring all the children to a raised area next to the Tapas restaurant to meet their parents and have their 'high tea'..."

On 3 May:

"I had finished my run by five-thirty at the Tapas area, where I found Madeleine and the twins already having their tea with Gerry..."

"Madeleine looked pale and worn out..."

"...she said she was really tired..."

"Ten minutes later [around 5.40pm] the five of us went back to our apartment. I was carrying Madeleine".

"Gerry was meeting Dave, Matt and Russell at 6pm for the men's social tennis night"  [NOTE: According to an article by David James Smith, 16 December 2007, Dr Gerald McCann could not continue playing tennis at 4.30pm because of a very painful Achilles tendon injury]

"We decided we'd bath the children early..and then I might take them down to the play area in the pyjamas for a little while..."

"Gerry left just before six..."

Then Dr Kate McCann says she puts on the twins' nappies, had milk and a biscuit, she 'took a quick shower' while they were 'reading books and playing games', and then Dr David Payne knocked on her door and asked "if he could give me a hand taking them down".

She said she would not bring them down: "I decided they were probably past the stage of needing any more activity".

Conclusion: Madeleine was not a 'ball-girl' that evening

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 13.10.13 0:42

Tony Bennett wrote:
ShuBob wrote:
[...]
ShuBob, you would have to concede that if the accepted timeline varies from what we were all told six years, five months and 10 days ago [2,353 days], both Redwood and the Tapas group are going to have to come up with a pretty convincing and robust explanation for why it does.

Have the BBC created a video reconstruction of Madeleine acting as a 'ball-girl' at 6pm on 3 May 2007 without having checked that the files not only do not say that - but actually say something to the contrary?

That would be pretty major - especially in an internationally high profile case like this one.

In fact I'd go so far as to say that the Metropolitan Police and the BBC might be risking all of what is left of their crumbling reputations for truth and accuracy if they mislead millions of viewers about the events of the day Madeleine was reported missing    
Of course! That would be absolutely necessary!
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 13.10.13 0:42

Well, the "timeline" has been dictated from the very start - albeit subject to contradictions and changes! - by the statements taken from Tapas 9.  It will be very interesting to see what credible thesis emerges now which may give another picture, allegedly.
Searcher

Activity : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 13.10.13 0:46

Here we  go  ,,,,,

EXCLUSIVE: German Crimewatch to widen hunt for 'suspects'

TWO German sounding men are being sought by detectives trying to solve the Madeleine McCann mystery, we reveal today.

By James Murray

Enlarge this imageReduce this image Click to see fullsize
Sunday Express - ACCEPTED VERSION OF EVENTS IS WRONG and DAILYSTAR - WHAT YOU KNOW IS NOT THE TRUTH - Page 3 13n06hewlett-436289

Raymond Hewlett, 64, is alleged to have been staying near the McCanns' holiday flat [PA]

The focus of the hunt for the missing girl, now aged ten, will dramatically switch to Germany later this week when Kate and Gerry are expected travel there to make an urgent television appeal to run with new e fit pictures of potential suspects.

On Wednesday the German television channel ZDF will feature the BBC Crimewatch reconstruction in their programme, called Aktenzeichen XY, which means File Number XY.

Presenter Rudi Cerne will interview Kate and Gerry in the studio, allowing them to directly appeal to millions of Germans for help in identifying the men.

A blurb for that programme says detectives are now going on the “offensive,” suggesting the Yard investigation is rapidly gathering pace.

[video]

It says the trawl through existing documents has produced new information which leads to Germany for the first time.

The blurb adds: “This is the reason why XY will show sketches of two men who appear to speak German and who have so far been paid little or no importance.”

Programme makers say this is the reason why Scotland Yard approached the programme’s producer and asked for a similar appeal on Dutch television on Tuesday night.

In Europe the Dutch and German accents sounds similar so the Yard felt it was vital to appeal to people in the Netherlands, where viewers will see the BBC Crimewatch reconstruction.

ZDF says Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood will travel to Holland to appear on that separate programme.

Scotland Yard has already made inquiries into potential suspects in Germany.

British child abuser Raymond Hewlett was staying on the Algarve when Madeleine went missing in 2007 and also stayed in Germany.

He says he was at a flea market 30 miles away when Madeleine was taken, but declined to speak to the McCann’s private investigators.

He told people gypsies had been looking to buy children, but could never be pinned down on details.

Hewlett died from cancer in Germany in 2010 aged 64 without making any admissions.

The Yard also liaised with their German counterparts on the movements of serial child killer Martin N, who is serving a life sentence in jail in Germany for abducting and murdering three boys.

The charming youth worker targeted children at beach holiday resorts and broke into their homes to snatch them.

In 2011 the Sunday Express published a picture of him alongside an e fit of a man seen acting suspiciously around apartment 5 a in Praia da Luz, just hours before Madeleine was taken.

Ney looked uncannily like the e-fit, but has told German police he was not in Portugal and had nothing to do with Madeleine’s disappearance.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 13.10.13 0:57

The Mirror  :

• By Simon Wright

Madeleine McCann: British man is arrested in the hunt for missing girl
13 Oct 2013 00:00
Suspect held in a swoop by Greater Manchester Police after the Sunday Mirror revealed that a man bragged about seeing Madeleine alive just weeks ago

Sunday Express - ACCEPTED VERSION OF EVENTS IS WRONG and DAILYSTAR - WHAT YOU KNOW IS NOT THE TRUTH - Page 3 Madeleine-McCann-2365883Missing: Madeleine McCann

THE dramatic arrest of a Brit in [url=http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/madeleine mccann]the hunt for Madeleine McCann[/url] has been described as “potentially highly significant”.
It has boosted the hopes of the missing youngster’s anguished parents Kate and Gerry.
A source close to the couple said: “The arrest only happened as a result of a claim that Madeleine may still be alive.”
The suspect was held in a swoop by Greater Manchester Police after the Sunday Mirror last week revealed that a man bragged about seeing Madeleine alive just weeks ago.
A respected barrister told us the man boasted to him that he had met the child on a Mediterranean island. It was claimed Maddie was “introduced” to the man this summer.
It is understood that the Manchester officers who made the arrest also seized computers from a private address and sent them for forensic examination.
Scotland Yard’s Operation Grange team have been handed the barrister’s detailed statement, which is rated as “high up on the credibility scale”.
The Yard officers had reopened the probe into the disappearance of Madeleine, then aged three, from the McCanns’ holiday apartment in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007.
The dramatic twist in the inquiry comes as Kate and Gerry, both 45, prepare to appear in a Crimewatch appeal on BBC1 tomorrow night.
It is understood they are being kept fully briefed on developments.
We told last week how the barrister went to police after being told of the Maddie sighting.
Tourist resorts popular with Brits are now thought to feature in the active inquiry. A family source confirmed last night: “This is high up on the credibility scale.
"The barrister did the right thing by going to police. His information has gone into the Operation Grange system and I know they are working on it.

“The fact that he was prepared to risk his reputation by making the statement does suggest that it is credible. There are tip-offs and sightings all the time and many of them can be ruled out immediately as either complete fantasy or because there is no credibility to the source.
“This one is more credible because of the nature of the man who brought it to the authorities’ attention.”
The Sunday Mirror can reveal that the arrested man was at a party attended by the barrister at a private home in an upmarket suburb of Manchester on August 17.
During the evening, the lawyer had a conversation with the man, who told him he had met Madeleine on the island in the Med this summer.
The barrister, shocked and distressed by what the man said about the alleged encounter, contacted his local police force the next day then gave a formal statement.
The barrister, who agreed to speak to us but who we are not naming at his request, refused to comment further on the arrest.
He explained: “I cannot risk compromising the investigation or the search for Madeleine. If she is alive but now ­disappears again, I would never be able to forgive myself.”
But a separate source close to the arrest said: “A guy at the party told the barrister he had been introduced to Madeleine on the island in the summer.
“The barrister took that to mean that she was with another adult at the time but doesn’t know who it was or anything about them.”
 It is unclear whether the barrister was able to give officers the name of the man he spoke to at the party.
Police have not released any details about the man they have arrested.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said in a statement: “A man was arrested in September on suspicion of possession of drugs and conspiracy to distribute indecent images of children. He has been bailed pending further inquiries. An investigation is ongoing into this matter and it would be inappropriate to comment further at this time.”

Last week we revealed how the barrister broke down in tears as he explained what he had been told.
Speaking to us as he walked his dog in a park near his large home in the North West of England, he said: “I can’t tell you exactly why I believe what I was being told. It was just a gut feeling.
"I knew that by reporting it, it would compromise me in all sorts of ways.
“But it was something I couldn’t ignore. If I hadn’t said anything I couldn’t have lived with myself.”
Asked what it was about the ­description the man at the party gave him of the girl he said was Madeleine, the barrister said: “I have told the police everything that I was told about her. They know what that was and that is why they have acted.”
Meanwhile Kate and Gerry, of Rothley, Leics, are set to speak of their hope that their daughter will be found finally thanks to new evidence uncovered by a UK police probe.
Former GP Kate and consultant ­cardiologist Gerry will appear live on BBC1’s Crimewatch at 9pm tomorrow.
Detectives will appeal for help in solving the six-year mystery of what happened in Praia da Luz where Madeleine was on holiday with her parents and younger twin siblings.
The programme will feature a new reconstruction of events, with Madeleine played by a three-year-old girl.
The programme will also be screened in Holland and Germany.
Before this week’s arrest, officers had spoken to 442 people since Operation Grange began. The team had identified 41 “persons of interest”, including carers, residents and workers at the resort.
Det Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, the senior investigating officer, said: “I truly believe there are people out there
who hold the key to Madeleine’s disappearance.”
A Scotland Yard spokesman refused to comment on the arrest and said: “We are not providing a running ­ commentary on the case.”

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top