The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

The Swansea (right?) number and the Ribeira do Vascao

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Swansea (right?) number and the Ribeira do Vascao

Post by Ayniia on 12.10.13 11:55

@bobbin wrote:
So were these papers left under the sofa by JM, an old friend of K8's to "drop her friend in it"
Did she push them under there when someone was suddenly arriving who might search the premises.
Did she leave them there so that when she would pass through customs, they would not be found in her possession, not having a govt position at the time, and no diplomatic immunity.
Did she leave them there for K8 to remove, who then either forgot them, was rushed out before she could 'recoup' them.
Did K8 have to leave them there because if she'd been discovered with them, the cat would have been out of the bag.
Whichever way, Justine McGuinness is not free of implications. She handled those maps and papers. They indicate a place from where questionable phone calls were made.
She has risen, from a mediocre position, to a high post in government within a 6 year period. Perhaps she feels concerned about her implicated involvement.
About the customs I think that's very unlikely. They don't search the papers you carry with you or their content. For sure she had even more important papers with her. IMO she really left the papers there for the PJ to find. I'd love to get a look at those papers and to the supposed " numerous inscriptions which the PJ have never succeeded in interpreting." Reminds me of the famous "Zodiac letters " that the police were unable to decipher, but members of the public did ( and rather quickly ) . Sorry for asking again but I'm out of computer so I can't really search the files, those papers are nowhere in there?

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 12.10.13 11:57

@mahlersghost wrote:044 792   is the Philippines
This maybe the case, but Murat's calls has a prefix of 44, meaning the calls have come from the UK. Here are examples:

+44 20 xxxx xxxx London
+44 29 xxxx xxxx Cardiff
+44 113 xxx xxxx Leeds
+44 116 xxx xxxx Leicester
+44 131 xxx xxxx Edinburgh
+44 151 xxx xxxx Liverpool
+44 1382  xxxxxx Dundee
+44 1386  xxxxxx Evesham
+44 1865  xxxxxx Oxford
+44 1792  xxxxxx Swansea
+44 1204   xxxxx Bolton
+44 15396  xxxxx Sedbergh
+44 16977   xxxx Brampton

I believe calls to Portugal, from another country, other than the UK, would have a different prefix. For example, to dial Portugal from Canada or the USA, there would be a 011 prefix

Edited to add, if my memory serves me correctly, and without going back into the PJ files, I can recall that there were quite a number of calls from 44 151 to Murat's phone. This is a Liverpool number. I will need to look again at the files to see what dates these calls were made.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Swansea etc

Post by mahlersghost on 12.10.13 11:59

Or to a Russian or Kazakhstan mobile - it appears
mahlersghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Swansea etc

Post by mahlersghost on 12.10.13 12:06

Hi Sallypelt

Sorry -  I'm a bit confused about this so it seems.  Please ignore my suggestions LOL for the time being until I get my head around it.
mahlersghost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 12.10.13 12:07

Opps, just checked the phone records. What I had seen is the code for Portugal NOT the Liverpool code. So, I have NOT come across any calls to Murat from Liverpool.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 12.10.13 12:18

Just one thought about the papers under the sofa; very hard to believe that a responsible person in a prof. position would leave important papers under a sofa by accident and without checking.  Of course it can happen - we hear about briefcases left on trains, in cars, and official papers going missing - but in leaving a rented house/apartment, surely everything would be checked, esp. in such circumsances.

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 12.10.13 12:20

Small aircraft can land at Leicester airport without anyone knowing. If the tower is closed because the club members have gone home then you're landing on your own instructions.
It would be easy to land, taxy to the car parking area and pass over a blue holdall to a waiting car.
A flight plan has to be filed in the UK for UK flying and some airfields will make customs searches for incoming foreign flights.
So diverting a little, and dropping something off at Leicester could be done before say, landing at Wellesbourne Mountford.
The runway at Martim Longo, seems no more than a strip, and fuel stops would be necessary at regular intervals if a small aircraft. A Learjet would have longer capacity. It seems all very unlikely, but it would be mainly under the radar if required.
Ribeira do Vascao seems an unlikely place for a day out to make a phone call though.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 12.10.13 12:31

@Ayniia wrote:
@bobbin wrote:
So were these papers left under the sofa by JM, an old friend of K8's to "drop her friend in it"
Did she push them under there when someone was suddenly arriving who might search the premises.
Did she leave them there so that when she would pass through customs, they would not be found in her possession, not having a govt position at the time, and no diplomatic immunity.
Did she leave them there for K8 to remove, who then either forgot them, was rushed out before she could 'recoup' them.
Did K8 have to leave them there because if she'd been discovered with them, the cat would have been out of the bag.
Whichever way, Justine McGuinness is not free of implications. She handled those maps and papers. They indicate a place from where questionable phone calls were made.
She has risen, from a mediocre position, to a high post in government within a 6 year period. Perhaps she feels concerned about her implicated involvement.
About the customs I think that's very unlikely. They don't search the papers you carry with you or their content. For sure she had even more important papers with her. IMO she really left the papers there for the PJ to find. I'd love to get a look at those papers and to the supposed "  numerous inscriptions which the PJ have never succeeded in interpreting." Reminds me of the famous "Zodiac letters " that the police were unable to decipher, but members of the public did ( and rather quickly ) . Sorry for asking again but I'm out of computer so I can't really search the files, those papers are nowhere in there?
I was thinking more of, if she got stopped by police. If this professional lady however was leaving them there for the police to find :-
1. She could have contacted the police directly.
2. She could have told Kate to come clean.
She did not need to leave them there under the sofa, at the risk of Kate finding them and securing them, making Justine's efforts to ensure the police find them, ineffective.
I am not convinced that their being 'left under the sofa' as an act of goodwill towards helping the Portuguese police to discover the strange maps, holds water. I think it happened 'under other circumstances'.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 12.10.13 12:46

It has to be considered that the McCann's left those documents/photographs with the purpose to mislead the investigation and confuse the PJ. We know GM delights in confusion. Still, it does not explain the mobile used in that location.

In reply to bobbins post, Justine McGuiness had a falling out with GM over her excessive pay demands so it is plausible that she would want to drop them in it.

Please everyone, keep looking for those phone numbers, I feel we are getting close.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 12.10.13 12:53

.. I think it was also suggested in the original link material [on this thread] that there had been some alleged falling out between KM and this lady.

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Car mileage ..

Post by Searcher on 12.10.13 13:37

Not directly related to phone numbers, but I do have questions about car mileage.  In the Ribiera do Vascao link I think it said that RM's hire car showed 400 miles on the clock, which he said was a mistake.  Similarly, I remember reading in the press in 2007/08 (no ref.) that GM's hire car showed a reading of 500 miles on the clock, which he said had accumulated from 'all the trips to and from airport'.

These statements represent two alleged issues with car mileage.  I wonder how far either have been checked.  I also wonder, separately, whether the area of Ribiera do Vascao has been checked with heat-seeking equipment or ultrasound.  Any further links very welcome.titter

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 12.10.13 14:04

In relation to the events mentioned above I find the dates-- 12th May to the 15th-- to be of vital importance.

Kate's diary.. 12th May...'special mass' for Madeleine at 18.00 in Praia Da Luz.

14th May...I slept well last night after a not very good end to the day frustration with the FLO(Portuguese family liaison officer) asking me where would my little M be. I got up at 6.50. I dealt with some trifles and got myself ready for the statement to the press at 8.00. I tried to put on a more presentable, healthy air. Gerry again gave a great performance.

Kate continues.....after getting back I decided to go running the first since THE day. She also says how she felt very calm.
Is that because certain problems had been dealt with?
Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 12.10.13 14:08

@Hicks wrote:In relation to the events mentioned above I find the dates-- 12th May to the 15th-- to be of vital importance.

Kate's diary.. 12th May...'special mass' for Madeleine at 18.00 in Praia Da Luz.

14th May...I slept well last night after a not very good end to the day frustration with the FLO(Portuguese family liaison officer) asking me where would my little M be. I got up at 6.50. I dealt with some trifles and got myself ready for the statement to the press at 8.00. I tried to put on a more presentable, healthy air. Gerry again gave a great performance.

Kate continues.....after getting back I decided to go running the first since THE day. She also says how she felt very calm.
Murat was made official suspect on 14th May 2007, and in the days before, he was being questioned at the police station.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 12.10.13 18:34

@sallypelt wrote:
@Hicks wrote:In relation to the events mentioned above I find the dates-- 12th May to the 15th-- to be of vital importance.

Murat was made official suspect on 14th May 2007, and in the days before, he was being questioned at the police station.
So he could have hired it for someone else.

Another question - Can someone tell me how it is definitely known that it was Justine McGuiness who left the documents under the sofa?  I cannot find an original statement that confirms it was actually her.
Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Harriet94 on 12.10.13 20:16

I wasn't going to post tonight as I had only popped in for an update. Just want to make sure that Justine McGuiness the McCanns former spokesman (before Clarence Mitchell) is not being confused with Esther McVey, the rising star of the Conservatives and friend of Kate McCann.

Harriet94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 12.10.13 20:52

@Harriet94 wrote:I wasn't going to post tonight as I had only popped in for an update. Just want to make sure that Justine McGuiness the McCanns former spokesman (before Clarence Mitchell) is not being confused with Esther McVey, the rising star of the Conservatives and friend of Kate McCann.
That thought had crossed my mind.  I was aware that EM was a long term friend of KMs but didn`t realise JM was.
Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thank you :-)

Post by aniandr on 12.10.13 21:00

@Hicks wrote:Hi aniandr, yes, it does get confusing!

Okay, I'll try to explain....when the McCann's mobiles were analysed by the Portuguese Police Kate's mobile had several deletions up the 3rd May except one call that came from the Swansea area. Kate says that it was a wrong number(funny then she didn't delete it along with the others, perhaps it was too important).

Later when the mobile traffic was further analysed this same number (from Swansea) had been called by a mobile in PDL on the afternoon of the 3rd May. The mobile  in question did not belong to the McCann's or their friends in PDL.

On 9th September the McCann's left Portugal,(four months after M went missing) the villa where they had been living was thoroughly searched by the PJ. Documents, photographs and sketches were found under a sofa, they related to a certain area on the border between Alentejo and the Algarve crossed by the river Vascao, one and a half hours drive from PDL . The documents had countless inscriptions that the PJ could not interpret.

While cross referencing the results of mobile communications between Portugal and Spain the PJ( in particular Paulo Dias) found that this same mobile, the one that had called Swansea in the afternoon of the 3rd may(in PDL) had been used to make and receive calls in the location above, mainly to the UK and PDL except for one which was made to the British Embassy in Lisbon.

According to records now known this mobile was used near the Ribeira Do Vascao on several occasions, namely between the 12th and 15th May 2007. This caught my eye as the 12th May to the 15th is the date RM hired the car in a desperate hurry, according to the car hire company.
Thanks m8. Ok thats beyound odd. To many coincidences in this case!

aniandr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 13.10.13 11:32

Just took this link.

We were discussing earlier just how far 5A was from the Murat villa. I was surprised to see in the link above a picture taken from 5A looking towards Murat's home. Almost spitting distance. Scroll down a bit.

http://www.chrisspivey.co.uk/digging-for-madeleine/.
Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia on 21.10.13 17:33

Just posting this topic here because it's interesting and talks about Swansea and Ribeira do Vascao papers from page 5 on.
https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3326-trip-to-huelva

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 21.10.13 20:05

@Ayniia wrote:Just posting this topic here because it's interesting and talks about Swansea and Ribeira do Vascao papers from page 5 on.
https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3326-trip-to-huelva

Hi Ayniia, please look at my latest post on 'TRIP TO HUELVA'. It links in with this topic. Very interesting about the male in the Scenic matching the e-fit given out by SY.
Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 03.07.14 8:40

Another poster (sorry can't remember who) posted a link on the 'Breaking News Thread' concerning a Christmas video of the McCann's in 2006.  Here is the link.

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t903-article-by-thentherewere4.

Very interesting and 'could' explain some connections that we have been looking for.

Remember that another mobile in PDL called this Swansea number also.

After reading this I looked for more info on the male in question, I was surprised to find that he lived in Swansea during 2007.

Why would this male be spending Christmas with the McCann's? Is he a relative? A close friend? Is he related to Sally Vincent? Is he related to Murat?

I wonder now if the McCann's did go to PDL at Easter time? A rehearsal maybe? I can never get past the grinning and smirking from GM.

Once again I go back to the riddler. Praia Da Luz was the location for 'it' to happen.

All my opinion. Nothing stated as factual.
Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bebootje on 03.07.14 10:12

@Hicks wrote:

I am sure I have read that when the PJ took RM computer away for analysis they found links to child pornography sites though nothing to link in with M.

I remember reading this about Malinka's computer.

Bebootje

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lone ranger on 14.07.14 3:24

I retrieved the Swansea number from PJ Files with a little help from Photoshop.
I later found these pages that might help explain this mystery caller from Swansea, the number matches and the calls go from 2006 to 2009:
https://blog.goeswhere.com/2006/02/phantom-phone-calls/

Also check the company mentioned by posters here:
http://home.btconnect.com/communications-D/cdweb/bbcnews2.htm

Joana Morais also seemed to imply she knows something about Ribeira do Vascão, she made it clear when she exposed Duarte Levy.
"Duarte knows perfectly well that the 'explosive documents' were in fact a message of a group, inviting the McCanns for a meeting and a prayer for Madeleine."

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id71.html

Hope this helps, I thought this was long solved. Apologies if this information has been mentioned before, I ‘m not aware of it on this forum yet.

lone ranger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 14.07.14 7:06

I don't remember if I have mentioned this before but tapas friend Rachael 9under her maiden name of Mampilly) has strong family & friends linked to Swansea, many of them medics.  I will need to retrieve the links that I had come across later.

Just picked up this line from Google search but it seems to have been whooshed or the link is broken

Rachael Oldfield and 5A Apartment Owner Donna McCann's Swansea, Cardiff and Newport Connections *Ed. ... Rachael Mampilly Oldfield 11 May 2007.

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum