The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 28 Mm11

OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 28 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 28 Mm11

OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 28 Regist10

OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This latest news from Scotland Yard...

OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 28 Vote_lcap5%OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 28 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 28 Vote_lcap38%OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 28 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 43 ]
OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 28 Vote_lcap56%OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 28 Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 63 ]

Total Votes : 112

OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 28 Empty Re: OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries

Post by bobbin 09.10.13 19:08

nobodythereeither wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
Quod erat demnstrandum
Quod est demonstrandum, no?

Sorry ...... as you were .....
Yep, erat, past tense, therefore 'As was to be demonstrated'
not, est, present tense, 'as is to be demonstrated'. big grin
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 28 Empty Re: OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries

Post by lj 12.10.13 15:00

plebgate wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
plebgate wrote:I do  not care how upset they would be taking part in a recon.   If it brings their missing daughter back surely that over rides EVERYTHING else.

Think of Maddie's feelings, how is she feeling, what is being done to her? - and they would be too upset to take part in a recon.   WHAAATTTTT?
If that comment that it would be 'too upsetting' is correct, and it in quotation marks so I have no need to doubt it, then I find it totally and unbelievable selfish.  As you say plebgate, what about Madeleine, they should be moving heaven and earth to try and help - no stone unturned and all that eh.  They have been harping on about no-one looking for Madeleine for the last 5 years, petitioned for a review which is costing millions  and now they won't take part??  I thought nothing about this case could shock me anymore, but this is unbelievable, (if true of course).
clapping clapping thumbup

As you say (if true) UNBELIEVABLE.
I wonder if there were some legal problems by filming a "recreation" with a fantasy script iso a police approved one. Maybe the PJ: OK, great, we'll give you the script.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 12.10.13 16:52

Who?What?Where? wrote:“I do not understand why so many forum members seem to be so negative and keep suggesting some sort of 'whitewash.' 

I can. I think that it is perfectly understandable , given that so many scenario's in this case, even at a basic level, do not make sense. Combine that with the extraordinary level of support that the mccanns have had , from very wealthy people, whether in business, politics or in some section's of the media, and I think that it is even more understandable.

The mcccanns may have been a part of trying to silence the press through leveson, but they will never be able to stop people thinking and forming an opinion. They and their political and business supporter's would probably love to have a nation of unquestioning zombies, who believe their every word. That would be very convenient for all of them.

That should never be allowed to happen. We need a free press. A press that is free to give alternative opinion's.
There is a difference between stating that "suspects are cleared" or some people "not being suspects" and the mutual masturbating lovefest we have seen repeatedly. I don't care if people think that is a smart ploy from SY to keep the conning couple in the dark, I just don't buy it.  As Who?What?Where? says: there have been too many attempts to fully control what comes out in the media, making it even more suspect.

Seeing Kate in the advertising for the dysneyworld abduction scenario saying that "It's not as if we have done something wrong" made me physically sick. Having SY OK that drivel in a mockumentary says enough about their opinion on these pathetic parents.

I will apologize if anything believable comes out of this multimillion ₤s parody, but I fear we all will be very disappointed.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 12.10.13 16:56

Popcorn wrote:It's two and a half years since Operation Grange began and we've learned little more than how many £millions of taxpayers' money they've spent and the fact that Madeleine might be 'alive or dead'. Now, just as the McCann libel trial arrives, and the moment the defence is about to put their witnesses on the stand, all of a sudden Scotland Yard are saying they're 'ready to make arrests' (according to today's screaming front-page headline on the Daily Mirror). This seems like a remarkable coincidence to me.
Yeah, especially when you consider that they have this "information" for several months now and the only thing they did with is make a "poor parents" show fit for Halloween, on the moment they are going to loose theonly libel trial that was ever heard.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 13.10.13 1:22

Searcher wrote:Juliet Bremner reporting at lunchtime, following interview with GM said
(to paraphrase) that the Met were concentrating on the mountain of
mobile phone data "and what they want to know is which mobile phones
were closest to Madeleine at that moment".  It would be "unhelpful to
go into theories about how she may have disappeared but to focus
instead on concrete material, ... not the reasons for her disappearance ..
or the endless round of speculation we have had until this time."

Fairly accurate wording above from the report and, if so, an interesting choice
of words perhaps.nah
Yeah, right. Of course it would be silly to theorize about how she may have disappeared.

Now lets find something that will keep about 40 of the SY's finest going for at least another 2 years: mobile phonedata and endless request to the public that all have to exhaustingly investigated.

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 13.10.13 1:42

Tony Bennett wrote:
Woofer wrote:Was it Paiva that reiterated in court today that the current investigation by SY is under the remit from the government (Home Office) to investigate from the abduction perspective only?  If this is really the case, it does explain a lot of the blarney Andy Redwood is coming out with recently.  And it would mean the root of the corruption/whitewash stems from Teresa May and David Cameron (under persuasion from Rebeka Brooks). IMO there is still one hell of a lot of dirt to come out from that direction.
 Woofer, I think this is incorrect.

The way it worked out in practice was that Dr Kate McCann wrote a book to be published and serialised by the Sun and then the McCanns demanded a new review and then Rupert Murdoch told Rebekah Brooks who told ["persuaded"]  David Cameron who told Theresa May who told the then Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police (the recent but not lamented former Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson) to 'hold a review'.

After that it was the Metropolitan Police (Scotland Yard) themselves (not the government) who were left to decide their own precise remit - and just to remind everyone of the exact wording of it, it was (as revealed in answer to a Freedom of Information Act request):

“The investigative review is intended to collate, record and analyse what has gone before. It is to examine the case and seek to determine, (as if the abduction occurred in the UK) what additional, new investigative approaches we would take and which can assist the Portuguese authorities in progressing the matter…”

As an aside, it doesn't look as though the remit was very successfully carried out, in that the Portuguese authorities do not seem to want to 'progress the matter'. Hence six senior British detectives somewhere in or near Faro trying to interview 41 'persons of interest', most of them in Portugal, while their 37 colleagues in the U.K. spend the next few months trying to get thousands of mobile 'phone records from a 'call dump' located in 31 separate countries - and then start 'phoning up the owners (if, six years later, they still have the same mobile 'phones) to see if they can remember anything.

If, of course, the owner of a certain mobile 'phone is, say, Herr Fritz Dachenstein of Ludwigshafen (or for that matter Frau Gretel Kuechenarbeiterin of Schoendorf-an-der-Fluss), who were holidaying in Praia da Luz at the time, but are no longer handily available on their previous mobile 'phone numbers, they will have to be traced (if they are still alive of course) and, if their new telephone number can be traced, they will be contacted by one of Redwood's men who speaks German, or if not, they will find someone who can speak German to speak to them, and then, if necessary, arrange to visit them at Ludwigshafen or Schoendorf-an-der-Fluss as appropriate.

If another person who had a mobile 'phone with him in Praia da Luz around that time is, say, Dieter van Doetinchem from, say 's Hertogenbosch in Holland, then they will go through the same exercise as above and end up needing someone who can speak Dutch, though I believe there are at least three people on here who could perhaps volunteer their services. And so on, until they have traced every single one of thousands of visitors (with mobile 'phones) in Praia da Luz in the weeks around the time Madeleine was reported missing (I think I read somewhere that the SY Review team want to look at periods both before and after the week the McCanns were there).

The dedication of Redwood and his men has me lost for words.

I think he has to be commended for creating job security for him and around 40 colleagues. In case the situation arises that either the case will be solved, or there are no more obvious leads to investigates he has some time intensive other conundrums ready: weight gain and loss of tourists in Praia de Luz in 2007 (it is known that having to care for a an extra child will make you loose weight), currents and temperatures of the ocean for the last century, Australian wine sold in Batista compared to Barcelona and Morocco, the sale of fluffy towels on the European mainland, to name a few.

The man is a saint

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 13.10.13 1:44

Tony Bennett wrote:
Woofer wrote:I`d like to know exactly who made the decision to proceed "as if the abduction occurred in the UK" and not "as if the disappearance occurred in the UK".
 I suspect it went something like this.

Andy Redwood was probably tasked with coming up with a draft form of words for the remit.

He then took it to his boss Hamish Campbell - he of the failed prosecution of Barry Bulsara for the murder of Jill Dando.

He then took it to his boss, Simon Foy, who would have asked the Met Police Commissioner if the proposed wording of the remit was OK.

He probably said: 'I'd better run it past Theresa May', who then probably contacted Prime Minister David Cameron.

From there on, a short SMS text message from Cameron to Rebekah Brooks: "Is this wording OK, Rebekah? LOL" would probably have settled it.
spit coffee 

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

View previous topic View next topic Back to top