The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

2nd October -  Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE*  Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th - Page 6 Mm11

2nd October -  Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE*  Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th - Page 6 Regist10

2nd October - Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE* Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2nd October -  Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE*  Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th - Page 6 Empty Re: 2nd October - Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE* Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th

Post by Tony Bennett on 02.10.13 22:31

@plebgate wrote:
@JackieL wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Oh dear, Look at this,

UK Justice Forum @Justice_forum 2m
#McCann lawyer, Isabel Duarte, launches tirade against our correspondent outside Palace of Justice in Lisbon earlier. pic.twitter.com/jquraWuvKI
WTF???!!!!! wft    She had better not have been criticising the WONDERFUL Anne Guedes, the only truly professional reporter at this libel trial.  Thank goodness we have her.

Might be too soon to hope, but seems Team McCann are starting to fall apart.
My goodness me Isabel launching a tirade!   Would never have thought that could happen.

I had a laugh to myself and I do hope it wasn't Ann Guedes who came in for the tirade, but I always read Anne's name as Angered Us  lol,  looks as it might be Anne who has Angered them  big grin Mr Mrs clapping
It's a good job Jerry Lawton didn't try to take a photograph of Isabel Duarte as well, after having told the entire Twittersphere that she lost one witness today through having made one great, big...

BLUNDER

*Dictionary definition: blun·der

/ˈbləndər/

noun

noun: blunder; plural noun: blunders

1. a stupid or careless mistake.

synonyms:

mistake,
error,
gaffe,
slip,
oversight,
faux pas,
misstep,
infelicity;
botch,
slip-up,
boo-boo,
blooper,
flub

"he shook his head at his blunder"

verb

verb: blunder; 
3rd person present: blunders; 
past tense: blundered; 
past participle: blundered; 
gerund or present participle: blundering

1. make a stupid or careless mistake; act or speak clumsily.

"the mayor and the City Council have blundered in an ill-advised campaign"

synonyms:

make a mistake,
err,
miscalculate,
bungle,
trip up,
be wrong;
slip up,
screw up,
blow it,
goof

"the government admitted it had blundered"

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie Mcann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

2nd October -  Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE*  Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th - Page 6 Empty Re: 2nd October - Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE* Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th

Post by Newintown on 02.10.13 22:32

@Seek truth wrote:
Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:
2nd October -  Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE*  Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th - Page 6 G110

big grin My comment was published with my avatar Mrs
Most of the comments are negative - they'll be whooshed soon.

Well done,
thanks 

Have you seen the ratings now?  

Oh Daily Fail, failed again. Gerry is frustrated? Because he went last week and today? WHATS HE ON ABOUT ?!
Disappointed?
It's simple all Gerry had to do was get the judges permission first! But Daily Mail doesn't know why, they say.sarcastic
Everytime I try to access the comments on the McCanns story on the DM website my computer keeps crashing, I can read the first 2 comments but then my computer goes into meltdown, but it doesn't happen when I read the comments on the other stories.  Has anyone else noticed that?

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 02.10.13 22:33

Hope ID doesn`t try and get Anne Guedes banned from reporting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.13 22:35

With thanks to Joana for this.  Other times when the McCanns were in Purgatory.......

Previous mentions of Purgatory by the McCanns in the media attributed to other causes

thanks to spotters Jeanne d' Arc and bestbefore from the MCF

«They say they almost decided against going to the tapas restaurant opposite their apartment in Praia da Luz, but opted not to take the children to another restaurant, the Millennium, because of the distance.

Gerry says: “I think the worst thing is we kind of almost thought about not going and ... did. We weren’t sure we were going to get into the tapas.”

And Kate adds: “In fact we were all ... going to go up to the Millennium again – that was with the kids – which is what we did the first night.

“It was just, it was just because the walk was so long and we didn’t have a buggy and the kids were tired by that time and I thought we were, you know we did talk about going up to the Millennium that night.”

In the two-hour documentary, which charts the McCanns’ campaign for an EU-wide missing child alert system, Kate repeatedly breaks down in tears, while Gerry describes their current existence as being like “purgatory”.

And at one point, Kate contemplates “the thought of living like this for another 40 years”.

She also hints openly, for the first time, at a deal reportedly offered to her by police if she admitted accidentally killing Madeleine and staging an abduction.» - Madeleine, One Year On: Campaign For Change, directed by Emma Loach for ITV1, April 2008

«As the summer of 2008 approached, the investigation into Madeleine’s abduction remained classified and Gerry and I remained arguidos. It was like trying to lead our lives in purgatory. (...) At the end of June, Gerry and I made the difficult decision to take a break, It did not feel right at all to go on holidays without Maddeine, but fourteen unbelievably harrowing and stressful months had passed since she was taken and we were running on empty.»  Kate McCann, in her book 'madeleine', pag.314, 2011[/color][/url]

«Late April [2008]: In the run-up to the first anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance, the McCanns give a series of television and radio interviews and speak of their year of "purgatory". » BBC, Madeleine McCann inquiry timeline, last updated 4 July 2013

«Kate McCann’s media purgatory. This week, Kate McCann’s book, Madeleine, detailing her terror and prolonged devastation around the mysterious disappearance of her 4-year-old daughter from a holiday resort in Portugal, hits shelves. But McCann herself, Christina Patterson wrote at The Independent, is stuck in a kind of purgatory. “She knows how this ravening beast [the media], with its 24-hour appetite, and need for fresh meat, even when there isn’t any, can chew you up, and spew you up. If she didn’t before, she certainly does now. But she has also held fast to the belief in the media as the path to salvation, and the path to a kind of heaven. And for the possibility of this path to heaven, she has come near to selling her soul.” Says Patterson, McCann seems to believe that reaching out to the media can bring her daughter back; it can’t.» Periscope, May 2011

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2013/10/gerry-mccann-unable-to-testify-for.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 02.10.13 22:36

Popcorn wrote:Can this really be true? That Gerry McCann's sister told the court that they both felt 100 times worse when Amaral's book was published than they did when they discovered Madeleine was missing? Is she really trying to help them? How does she imagine that kind of information makes her brother and sister-in-law come across?
If it is true it seems to be further evidence that family McCann, together with members of the Healy clan, originate from another planet. 

These robots individuals are simply unbelievable in every sense of the word.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee on 02.10.13 22:36

Popcorn wrote:Can this really be true? That Gerry McCann's sister told the court that they both felt 100 times worse when Amaral's book was published than they did when they discovered Madeleine was missing? Is she really trying to help them? How does she imagine that kind of information makes her brother and sister-in-law come across?
Agreed Popcorn. If they were genuine, NOTHING could be anytimes worse, let alone a hundred times worse than when they discovered their daughter missing. NOTHING is worse than your missing toddler. NOTHING.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 02.10.13 22:38

She was telling the truth: THEY 'RE SAYING LOSING YOUR DAUGHTER IS NOT SO BAD, reading the book is A LOT WORSE. Oh that's why we keep seeing them smiling when she went missing.
Now do you understand?
Seek truth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.13 22:39

@maebee wrote:
Agreed Popcorn. If they were genuine, NOTHING could be anytimes worse, let alone a hundred times worse than when they discovered their daughter missing. NOTHING is worse than your missing toddler. NOTHING.
Thank you maebee clapping1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 02.10.13 22:41

@Newintown wrote:Everytime I try to access the comments on the McCanns story on the DM website my computer keeps crashing, I can read the first 2 comments but then my computer goes into meltdown, but it doesn't happen when I read the comments on the other stories.  Has anyone else noticed that?
Newintown - same thing happens to me - only see 2 comments and computer crashes.

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee on 02.10.13 22:44

@Seek truth wrote:
She was telling the truth: THEY 'RE SAYING LOSING YOUR DAUGHTER IS NOT SO BAD, reading the book is A LOT WORSE. Oh that's why we keep seeing them smiling when she went missing.
Now do you understand?
What they're actually saying is: "Losing our daughter was bad but Amaral's book is a hundred times worse". I fail to understand how anything could be worse than losing your 3 year old daughter Sad
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Back to top Go down

2nd October -  Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE*  Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th - Page 6 Empty ID

Post by Prehensile on 02.10.13 22:47

Given the performance of ID so far, it would seem to me a sub plot is evolving here. Well done ID, the integrity of Portugal's legal justice system is far more important than a pair of treacherous cretins.
Prehensile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 02.10.13 22:54

@Woofer wrote:
@Newintown wrote:Everytime I try to access the comments on the McCanns story on the DM website my computer keeps crashing, I can read the first 2 comments but then my computer goes into meltdown, but it doesn't happen when I read the comments on the other stories.  Has anyone else noticed that?
Newintown - same thing happens to me - only see 2 comments and computer crashes.
Thanks for that.  Perhaps our computers have become allergic to any nonsense DM stories and are refusing to let us read any postings sympathising with the McCanns although the first 2 posts looked promising.  It would have been nice to have been able to read the rest of them.  big grin

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyc on 02.10.13 22:54

And if anybody here still thinks that the McCanns lawyers Fart,or Crook ( I think that's what they are called2nd October -  Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE*  Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th - Page 6 110921) will allow them into any witness box in the UK if any trial does go ahead, just look again  at the total farce for the McC's and their allies in this Libel case in Portugal.
sammyc
sammyc

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 02.10.13 22:56

@ShuBob wrote:Jerry Lawton's tweets copied from mccann

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton
2:21 PM - 2 Oct 13
Gerry's sister: "It's very hard to turn round opinion about them that has been so widely spread" #McCann

Gerry told in several interviews that the vast majority of the people were in their favor and that a few internet
comments were made against them.
If it is true, why did Trish made such a stupid statement? She stated it on the present tense, "it is very hard" which means that it is still going on.
Even after the arguido status was lifted?
Imo
marconi

Back to top Go down

2nd October -  Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE*  Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th - Page 6 Empty Mail comments

Post by Pyewacket on 02.10.13 22:59

Hi,

Had a go at posting a couple of comments + one reply to another postee. Waited and waited for them to be moderated but nothing has happened.
Pyewacket
Pyewacket

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet on 02.10.13 23:03

Like others I am finding it impossible to "tick" daily mail comments. I think those 12 comments slipped through but the paper is freezing the page now. Re Trish Cameron: she was less sympathetic in May 2007. 0n Panorama Kate said Trish laughed at "Tiny Tears Gerry" after he started crying. "I choked on my full English" said Trish, so Kate told the world...
juliet
juliet

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee on 02.10.13 23:10

@juliet wrote:Re Trish Cameron: she was less sympathetic in  May 2007. 0n Panorama Kate said Trish laughed at "Tiny Tears Gerry" after he started crying. "I choked on my full English" said Trish, so Kate told the world...
Another WTF moment in this case. There is nothing funny about a three year old girl vanishing off the face of the earth. It is no laughing matter Sad
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 02.10.13 23:11

@maebee wrote:
@Seek truth wrote:
Now do you understand?
What they're actually saying is: "Losing our daughter was bad but Amaral's book is a hundred times worse". I fail to understand how anything could be worse than losing your 3 year old daughter Sad
Oh gosh, they're not very bright are they?

But they smile a lot with confidence, as if protected, do they really think they can get away with it, all the rubbish they've said all these years?
wft
Seek truth

Back to top Go down

2nd October -  Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE*  Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th - Page 6 Empty tiny tears"

Post by juliet on 02.10.13 23:12

That comment by Trish relating to May 2007 didn't make any sense and still doesn't . Gerry had taken her to the airport in Portugal after a stay. Kate talking on Panorama also seemed amused at "Tiny Tears" Gerry. Beyond bizarre.
juliet
juliet

Back to top Go down

2nd October -  Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE*  Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th - Page 6 Empty .'Tiny tears' comment

Post by worriedmum on 02.10.13 23:14

This is the link at about 2.27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N47AUYhD4Dg

Kate laughs afterwards
worriedmum
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee on 02.10.13 23:15

@juliet wrote:That comment by Trish relating to May 2007 didn't make any sense and still doesn't . Gerry had taken her to the airport in Portugal after a stay. Kate talking on Panorama also seemed amused at "Tiny Tears" Gerry. Beyond bizarre.
It was all about themselves juliet. Madeleine was not the issue SadSadSad
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 02.10.13 23:22

is it true that the MCanns are the ones who suuggested the dogs?
marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee on 02.10.13 23:29

@sharonl wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:From the Belfast Telegraph: today, 2 October 2013

Gerry McCann wants to give evidence in the case against Goncalo Amaral, who published a book making allegations about Madeleine's disappearance in May 2007.

The McCanns say the former detective's claims in the book The Truth Of The Lie, including suggestions that they hid their daughter's body after she died in an accident and faked an abduction, damaged the hunt for Madeleine and exacerbated her family's anguish...
2nd October -  Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE*  Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th - Page 6 Gerry_12

Wearing good quality yellow wristbands, but being photographed by close friends and not the media...a private photograph, Amsterdam, taken on 22 June 2011, as they were promoting Kate's profitable book, 'Madeleine'
Yet again, words fail me.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 02.10.13 23:33

worriedmum wrote:This is the link at about 2.27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N47AUYhD4Dg

Kate laughs afterwards
Right that's it!!!!

The whole thing's  SILLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tease 

daft1 

shutup
Seek truth

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum