The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 24.11.13 12:45

I'm beginning to think all this climate change stuff is a con. It's just another way of garnering more money from the end user, as per usual. 

The end user doesn't choose how much packaging and waste industry creates, the end user doesn't choose how many chemicals are used in production, the end user is just that - an end user.

If the champions of the climate change cause had the remotest concern they would focus their efforts 100% at the source of all the contaminants and effect the change from where it begins.

But when you have absolutely MILLIONS of people employed in the creation and use of the worst culprits, how much money is generated from the materials and causes of the problem, there is no way they are serious about curbing the problem. In one way or another, plastics, chemicals, bleaches, dyes, fumes etc are keeping the worlds economic wheels turning. Instead they play on the guilt factor and use it as an excuse to squeeze money out of the economically comfortable minority of the worlds population, as is always the way.

The problem and the solution lies with the tiny minority of corporations and industrialists who are making billions out of their production.

If the worlds oil supply ends, there will be no plastic, nor the power to produce all the cr@p littering the world and the people will be forced back to a simpler more basic lifestyle. Many won't survive the change, but the planet will be a better place for it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 24.11.13 12:46

@aspiedistra wrote:A 10 year period is pretty much nothing in terms of climate change and so we don't know for sure what the pattern will be.

Of course, carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas and it has risen to around 400ppm now, well above historical levels over the last 500,000 years. The level has increased from 320ppm about 50 years ago and most scientists think this is man-made. It doesn't matter who made it though. It's an issue to discuss.
There is an argument that global warming and CO2 levels has the potential to allow more arable crops to grow to feed the growing population, irrigation is the problem and transporting the food once it's grown.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion on 24.11.13 13:41

What happened to the depletion of the ozone layer. Is that now sorted or just out of fashion. Hot subject in the 80`s.

mysterion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.11.13 13:49

Carbon dioxide is a gas absorbed in daytime by green plants [that's why it is indeed good to talk to your plants, as you exhale and thus feed them winkwink ]. It's also a heavy gas, heavier than oxygen and generally doesn't get more than 1.5m above the ground. I've always wondered how it got "high up there above" to have influence on the ozone layer ...

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 24.11.13 14:45

@mysterion wrote:What happened to the depletion of the ozone layer. Is that now sorted or just out of fashion. Hot subject in the 80`s.
The hole in the ozone layer over Antarctica was supposed to be caused by crushing old fridges, releasing the chloro-floro-carbons.
Then they realised that Mount Erebus was emitting pure chlorine at the rate of 800 Tonnes a day, pumping it directly into the stratosphere over the continent.
At which point they stopped squealing, but carried on phasing out the freons, which might be a good idea anyway.

The other point is that the ozone layer had only been discovered relatively recently before that, so no one had any idea whether there was supposed to be a hole in it, or not.

Just as, since the earth had gone through countless ice ages and hot spells, what is the "Correct temperature".
What is the "right" sea level.
What is the "Right" amount of rain
Do we grieve that the Sahara is now a desert, which it wasn't in 8000 BC or so.
Do we weep for the people who lived on the Dogger bank, and try to reduce the sea level so they could do so again.

Why are we arrogant enough to assume that we are IT.

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion on 24.11.13 14:53

So there might be a "Mount Erubus" moment with global warming.

mysterion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aspiedistra on 25.11.13 1:08

@PeterMac wrote:Do we weep for the people who lived on the Dogger bank, and try to reduce the sea level so they could do so again.
The sea rose slowly as the ice melted and I like to think they got away safely. shark
aspiedistra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 25.11.13 8:46

@aspiedistra wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Do we weep for the people who lived on the Dogger bank, and try to reduce the sea level so they could do so again.
The sea rose slowly as the ice melted and I like to think they got away safely. shark
A lot didn't. When that area of the North sea was being overfished in the 50s and 60s they were always dragging up skulls and bones. The Dogger bank probably became an island before being inundated. Other people will have had the same experience but would have been closer to the "new' shore and therefore able to make their little rafts and use their boats,

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Recycling - 'binology'

Post by aquila on 25.11.13 9:40

Now I know we all have to do our bit for global warming. Today is bin day in my area. Today it's only the black household waste bin and the last collection of the green garden waste bin this year.

Last week the council didn't empty my bin. It was full and the lid was down so I can't see a problem. I have nowhere to put this past week's rubbish so I'm in a bit of a pickle because I'm not allowed to use black bags.

This week the council delivered some brand new recycling bins to me. A green one for cardboard and paper, a black one for glass and a white sack for plastic and tins.

Also this week the council delivered a leaflet saying that the green and black bins and the white sack will be replaced next year by a brown bin so they can achieve their government target of 50%. I had a little chuckle as I wondered how they're going to recycle all the current recycling bins and perhaps that would help their target percentages.

Here is a lovely song kindly put on the forum by Tony Bennett a while ago and it's good to cheer up a Monday morning. Should my bin not be emptied today I shall be writing to the council and submitting this ditty.

Let's Recycle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a01x9PXN5dI
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.11.13 9:57

Thats so funny, thank you aquila.
I always have to out with a torch to see what my neighbours have put out.

Back to top Go down

Recycling -binology!

Post by Penfold on 25.11.13 10:03

Salford seem to have got their recycling rotas sorted out, they've been organised for over a year. However I can now no longer get my car in the garage because of 4 large, heavy when full, recycling wheelie bins.sad

Penfold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 25.11.13 10:32

@Penfold wrote:Salford seem to have got their recycling rotas sorted out, they've been organised for over a year. However I can now no longer get my car in the garage because of 4 large, heavy when full, recycling wheelie bins.sad
Sell your car and take the train - you know it makes environmental sense big grin . There's going to be a marvelous HS2 rail project ripping up the countryside soon so you'll be able to get to London from Manchester in an hour or so. Just drop the provincial mentality and get a job in London. :laughat:You know you want to. (I hope you appreciate the sarcasm).

As this new train whizzes through the ripped up/desecrated countryside it might cause a bit of wind that can boost all those pointless turbines. You've got to do your bit and support these schemes. Think how all those important people commuting from London to the BBC will save valuable time.

I'm going to miss my little recycling boxes - only because I've just got the hang of things and was feeling proud of myself for at least adhering to something I find totally stupid. What I want to know is if a brown bin can accommodate the plastic, glass and paper why were plebs like me asked to separate this stuff in the first place?

I have a garden the size of a postage stamp. My patio is taken up with bins. If I leave them outside....well....I'll go to prison. big grin
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 25.11.13 10:35

@aquila wrote:
Also this week the council delivered a leaflet saying that the green and black bins and the white sack will be replaced next year by a brown bin so they can achieve their government target of 50%. I had a little chuckle as I wondered how they're going to recycle all the current recycling bins and perhaps that would help their target percentages.
On a short flight some time ago I was solemnly handed a tiny plastic bag.
I opened it and found inside - a larger plastic bag with instructions about placing any rubbish in it for disposal.
So I put the little plastic bag inside the larger plastic bag it had once contained and at the end of the flight solemnly handed it back to the flight attendant.

So the quota was satisfied and she probably got a small bonus for number of large bags collected.

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Storm surge tonight, down the East Coast

Post by PeterMac on 05.12.13 14:24

Severe flood warnings, etc etc

At least they are having the good grace to say this is the worst since 1953
Not the worst forever, or in recorded history.
And they are beginning to explain that it is the combination of high wind, extremely low pressure, the exact wind direction, Spring tide and so on.
Many factors, which if they occurred on their own would be of much less consequence, but on this occasion, once in the last 60 years happen to be occurring at the same time.
Not to mention an Island being in the wrong place !

Clearly the people didn't pay enough tax in 1952 !

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.12.13 14:34

I remember reading about a book [I didn't read it myself], in which all of written history [ships logs, diaries, letters, etc.] of a couple of hundred years were bundled with regard to the "weather". It was full of quotes like "never before so cold", "never before so hot", "never before so dry", "never before so wet", "never before so early", "never before so late", etc. I've also noticed that indeed not many people have a good memory for weather. E.g. last year, when were having early snow, people were saying "never before" and I asked if they had really forgotten the 70 cm of snow in one single night only 5 years earlier ...

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.12.13 15:07

Châtelaine wrote:I remember reading about a book [I didn't read it myself], in which all of written history [ships logs, diaries, letters, etc.] of a couple of hundred years were bundled with regard to the "weather". It was full of quotes like "never before so cold", "never before so hot", "never before so dry", "never before so wet", "never before so early", "never before so late", etc. I've also noticed that indeed not many people have a good memory for weather. E.g. last year, when were having early snow, people were saying "never before" and I asked if they had really forgotten the 70 cm of snow in one single night only 5 years earlier ...
People don't have an especially good memory for anything, which is why "History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce."
Many hundreds of people were drowned in the low lying areas in the 1953 flooding.
They re-built the houses in the same place ! And NOT on stilts or on artificially raised land. On the ground. With a bit of a brick wall to try to keep the sea out !

Every winter there are snow drifts, ice, accidents, and a shortage of salt / grit.
And Every winter there are snow drifts, ice, accidents, and a shortage of salt / grit.
Three - or possibly four years ago - already I cannot be bothered to remember exactly which year it was - it rained heavily almost every day between November and March
The rivers rose and washed out local hotels in converted mills, washed away some major and lots of minor roads, caused massive landslips of agricultural land,
It is already a faint memory. We got through it, and got on with the next thing.

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 05.12.13 16:12

@PeterMac wrote:snip:
People don't have an especially good memory for anything, which is why "History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce."
Many hundreds of people were drowned in the low lying areas in the 1953 flooding.
They re-built the houses in the same place !   And NOT on stilts or on artificially raised land. On the ground.  With a bit of a brick wall to try to keep the sea out !

Exactly I think the answer lies in the words "flood plains" and if the Coouncil/Development/Builders keep building on these plains without understanding the consequences the same thing will happen over and over again.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 05.12.13 19:48

@Angelique wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:snip:
They re-built the houses in the same place !   And NOT on stilts or on artificially raised land. On the ground.  With a bit of a brick wall to try to keep the sea out !

Exactly I think the answer lies in the words "flood plains" and if the Coouncil/Development/Builders keep building on these plains without understanding the consequences the same thing will happen over and over again.
- and as Wodehouse so pleasantly put it: in the summer the river's at the bottom of the garden and in the winter the garden's at the bottom of the river..

It also doesn't help that every bitof green front garden becomes a paved parking space. i usedto live near the Usk in the early nineties, Usk has a 40 foot tide and flooded regularly. We got used to it, carried on.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.12.13 20:30

@tigger wrote:It also doesn't help that every bitof green front garden becomes a paved parking space. i usedto live near the Usk in the early nineties, Usk has a 40 foot tide and flooded regularly. We got used to it, carried on.
As do the people of West Bengal (Sorry ! Bangladesh - which means "The country of Bengal" ! ! !) who live in the delta of one of the largest rivers in the world, the Ganges, which happens to drain the southern Himalayas.
When the snows melts it floods.
When the monsoons come, it floods.
All the poo, droppings, filth, and dead bodies, human and otherwise, from upstream are dumped in it. (It is called a Holy River - no further comment necessary !)
They have the choice of drowning and being washed away, or of living on the most fertile place on earth.
They remain.

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.12.13 21:02

R Tyne, and the Tees have burst their banks.
This is going to be ghastly.
hundreds or even thousands evacuated.
Many refusing to go, and are quite properly are being effectively abandoned by the emergency services - (read between the lines 1)
Watch your Home Insurance premium next year.

1953 floods cost 2,550 lives (across the countries involved) and £ 50m of damage. in England. (Today's price £ 1 bn)

My father worked in the Casualty department at Grimsby General Hospital ( after a full day as a GP ! ! ! ) and received the drowned and nearly drowned from Cleethorpes that night.

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.12.13 21:49

1836 deaths in the Netherlands in 1953. Afterwards they built the big dykes i n the province of Zeeland and the renowned Delta works system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 06.12.13 0:03

@PeterMac wrote:R Tyne, and the Tees have burst their banks.
This is going to be ghastly.
hundreds or even thousands evacuated.
Many refusing to go, and are quite properly are being effectively abandoned by the emergency services - (read between the lines 1)
Watch your Home Insurance premium next year.

1953 floods cost 2,550 lives (across the countries involved)  and £ 50m of damage. in England.   (Today's price £ 1 bn)

My father worked in the Casualty department at Grimsby General Hospital ( after a full day as a GP ! ! ! ) and received the drowned and nearly drowned from Cleethorpes that night.

Stuff all that. The Messiah has died!

My heart goes out to those that are suffering around me.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ARCTIC - Sea ice increased by 50% last year

Post by Tony Bennett on 16.12.13 11:31

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum