The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The Good Samaritan ?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Good Samaritan ?

Post by justathought on 05.09.13 23:58

@aniandr wrote:But Then again why would he dare say it if not true? The chance of one person saying "no you didnt" is quite large. But its Odd noone ever was in paper saying "he saved a life" also. Maybe its true to the point that someone wasnt feeling Well but it ended up with exagerated headlines ore so. I cant seem to find any reason for making up a story like that and running the chance of lieing?
sometimes individuals embellish there deeds. 
there are also others, whom have no need to gain kudos for their actions or have an ulterior motive for stating what they have done? and therefore feel no need to mention "life saving" incidents?

justathought

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 06.09.13 3:11

Anyhow, devastated parents would be too occupied with worries over the fate of their child, too busy searching or helping the Police do their job, and won't be arsed with the mundane or spent time doing something utterly useless as penning blogs or writing diary entries/book about some trivial that had absolutely nothing to do with the search or circumstances of the search for their missing child.

Don't forget these are people who spent more time going in and out of lawyers' offices than Police stations in between chores of counting monies coming in envelopes and gifts donation, yet have the time to pen trivial, and we are expected to believe Madeleine's fate is awaiting help.

It's a no wonder they're still trying to reputation damage control after 6 years...the stench just wont go away.
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two on 06.09.13 6:31

IMO the blog was written for police and public consumption and the diary was too; left for the cops to find and initially leaked by the McCs themselves to get it noticed and up the price. Both blog and diary contain the same kind of backfilling and justifications which appeared later in the book. Ditto the timeline 'discovered' by the police written on the back of a child's storybook and conveniently left lying on a table waiting to be found. Leaking false information and putting false information into the public domain and then acting hurt and blaming someone else - the Portuguese police, the UK and Portuguese media/press, Dr Amaral etc  is a classic McSpeciality.
T4two

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 06.09.13 6:55

@justathought wrote:
@aniandr wrote:What fliget was it. Must be in a record if an ambulance was called. It seems Odd that not even one has ever mentioned it.
Easyjet flight arriving at about midday
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/madeleine-dad-saves-mans-life-then-thief-strikes-26298846.html
Thank you. I know the wallet episode was in the Evening Standard and further broadcast by Philomena..

It looks to me as if the source for the story was indeed the blog as T4two says.

Good ploy - giving information without having to lie on camera. I'm sure the diary was leaked on purpose. Didn't the Sun pay 150.000,00?

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two on 06.09.13 7:53

A comparison of Gerry's blog entry for 20 June 2007 and Kate's diary entry for 20 June 2007. The "We've all been there" incident of the drunken man lying in the street wasn't important enough for a mention in the blog. If the blog was written before the diary, ahem cough was 'discovered', could it be that the drunken man incident was added to the diary as an afterthought? If so - for what purpose? Reading the blogs again and comparing them with the diary and the books throws up a number of such anomalies  or differences in recollection between GM and KM.

Snipped from Gerry's Blog Wednesday 20 June 2007

Arrived back in Praia da Luz this evening and it was great to see Kate and the Kids, even though I was only away for a day and a half.

From Kate's Diary Wednesday 20 June 2007

There is still no sign of Madeleine. I didn't feel like it so I decided not to go running.
Went to pick up Gerry from the airport. It was so good to see him. Just before we reached the apartment we saw a man lying in the middle of the street, so we stopped the car and got out. It was no surprise to see that he was drunk (we've all been there!) but he recognised Gerry and me immediately. Gerry walked him round to his apartment.
T4two

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 06.09.13 8:07

From McCannfiles.com:

19 June 2007

Gerry takes an early-morning flight from Faro, Portugal, to Gatwick, London, landing shortly before midday. The flying visit is for a series of meetings, one of which is to appoint a campaign manager - Justine McGuinness.

On the plane to London, a man in his 80's - who has never been named - becomes ill midway through the flight. Reports on the severity of the illness range from the man simply fainting and Gerry offering assistance to the man being administered oxygen and Gerry saving his life.

Within minutes/an hour/hours of landing Gerry has his wallet stolen at an ATM at Waterloo station/cash machine near the Foreign Office in Whitehall.

According to Philomena McCann, Gerry's sister, "He bent down to put something in his rucksack and some dirty animal had the wallet out of his back pocket."

It is reported to have contained £100 cash, credit cards and two/three "irreplaceable" photographs of Madeleine that have never been seen in public and, of which, there are no copies. Reports suggest that these were Gerry's favourite pictures and that one showed Madeleine aged 15 months, while another was taken at a church shortly before her disappearance.

Some reports have suggested that the pictures included the twins and it's possible the picture taken in church may have been taken when the McCanns attended the christening of one of Jon Corner's children, at the end of March 2007 (see report at bottom of this page).

Gerry has to cancel all his credit cards, thus delaying him and causing the meetings to run on late into the evening. However, he does get to all his meetings, where he reports in his blog that there were 'very good discussions regarding sustaining the search for Madeleine long term'.

The Evening Standard reported that London police had said they 'had no record of the theft being reported to officers'. In addition, Clarence Mitchell confirmed that Gerry had attended a meeting at London's foreign office, on Tuesday, but 'could not immediately confirm details of the theft'.

20 June 2007

Gerry has another series of meetings, this time in Leicester and returns to Portugal in the 'evening', where he is met at the airport by Kate.

The entry in Kate's diary seems to imply that she collected Gerry from the airport alone. However, she was not a named driver of the Renault Scenic hire car so presumably somebody else drove, or she drove without being covered. Sandy Cameron and Michael Wright were the other named drivers, beside Gerry McCann.

She recounts how, just before they reached the apartment, they came across a 'drunk' laying in the middle of the street. She jokes that 'we've all been there!' She claims the man recognises them and Gerry then walks the man back to his apartment.

29 June 2007

Gerry uses his blog to report the return of his wallet, minus the Sterling but with his driving licence, credit cards and €30 in cash still inside. He blogs that there were also 'one or two other important things' returned, which presumably refers to the "irreplaceable" photographs of Madeleine.

It is reported that the wallet was returned to the McCanns' previous address in Queniborough, in a stamped envelope, before being forwarded to the new address in Rothley. It is reported that the address was found listed/written/scrawled on a piece of paper inside the wallet.
Unquote

The independent runs the story on the 21st. When did it appear in the blog?

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two on 06.09.13 8:48

Both sick man and wallet stories appeared in blog entry Day 47 on 19 June 2007. Since he was writing every day I assume that each blog was hastely compiled and published every evening?

Excerpt:

Flew in to London to for a series of meetings. Helped a passenger on the flight who collapsed. He was ill enough to require a full assessment on arrival and went off to hospital in an ambulance.

Unfortunately shortly after arriving in London I had my wallet stolen which meant I was running late.
T4two

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 06.09.13 8:56

@T4two wrote:Both sick man and wallet stories appeared in blog entry Day 47 on 19 June 2007. Since he was writing every day I assume that each blog was hastely compiled and published every evening?

Excerpt:

Flew in to London to for a series of meetings. Helped a passenger on the flight who collapsed. He was ill enough to require a full assessment on arrival and went off to hospital in an ambulance.

Unfortunately shortly after arriving in London I had my wallet stolen which meant I was running late.
  The police can easily check records for this ambulance call-out and hospital assessment.. I would think! If it happened the man probably wanted out of the limelight but typical of Gerry to mention this incident which is an irrelevance under the circumstances, as is what he ate for dinner and how far and how quickly he ran.  What was the objective of all this blogging when he could have spent his valuable time more usefully?
 Who gives a f*****g toss about this stuff ?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 06.09.13 8:56

@T4two wrote:Both sick man and wallet stories appeared in blog entry Day 47 on 19 June 2007. Since he was writing every day I assume that each blog was hastely compiled and published every evening?

Excerpt:

Ha! So obvious when it's put like that. The press was already constrained with arranged interviews and collective photo opportunities. So the blog was the only oracle apart from Philomena. Dear, dear. thumbup 

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 06.09.13 9:08

I have little doubt that as doctors both Kate and Gerry were and are compassionate people. Unselfish assistance is the hallmark of Samaritan -style behaviour and whilst it was so at the time it occurred, the making use of it afterwards, with a motive behind it, is selfish in the extreme. I do not think the McCann couple did or do anything relating to the disappearance of their daughter without an agenda.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 06.09.13 9:29

The real purpose of his visit back to England on the 19 & 20 June is suspicions because he made a point in between hasty flights and busyness (a series of meeting) to record some useless incidences in his blog that was published in the public domain.

Instead of recording important things - like elaborate on the type of meetings or the importance of them and generally things he'd done that day that are useful or meaningful that he would want to look back on later, he recorded two accidental inconsequential incidences of no value for anyone to know. WHY?

aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two on 06.09.13 9:31

I forced myself to reread the blog entries 1 through 50 and 51 through 100. After several years they are a real eye opener. Amongst others, three things struck me particularly forcibly. The first is that for the twins a real family holiday seems to have begun after Madeleine had disappeared, with visits to the zoo, to some kind of sea world to see the dolphins, to a leisure park, to a resort down the coast, to the beach and visits to 'friends' in the area. The second is the number of days where entries are limited to a description of "a quiet family day" with little or no real content i.e. plenty of time spent doing what? The third thing which stands out like a sore thumb is the almost continual coming and going of family and friends - like one big holiday in fact. In Gm's own words, he could have driven to and from the airport blindfolded he had done the trip so often.
T4two

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 06.09.13 9:34

@aiyoyo wrote:The real purpose of his visit back to England on the 19 & 20 June is suspicions because he made a point in between hasty flights and busyness (a series of meeting) to record some useless incidences in his blog that was published in the public domain.  

Instead of recording important things - like elaborate on the type of meetings or the importance of them and generally things he'd done that day that  are useful or meaningful that he would want to look back on later, he recorded two accidental inconsequential incidences of no value for anyone to know.    WHY?

Look here and not over there ?  Who involved with campaign was elsewhere and doing what on those dates ? That is where important stuff was going on imo.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 06.09.13 9:51

@russiandoll wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:The real purpose of his visit back to England on the 19 & 20 June is suspicions because he made a point in between hasty flights and busyness (a series of meeting) to record some useless incidences in his blog that was published in the public domain.  

Instead of recording important things - like elaborate on the type of meetings or the importance of them and generally things he'd done that day that  are useful or meaningful that he would want to look back on later, he recorded two accidental inconsequential incidences of no value for anyone to know.    WHY?

Look here and not over there ?  Who involved with campaign was elsewhere and doing what on those dates ? That is where important stuff was going on imo.

I suspect the purpose of his trip back was some secret activity and not as straight forward as he claimed.
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 06.09.13 10:22

@T4two wrote:A comparison of Gerry's blog entry for 20 June 2007 and Kate's diary entry for 20 June 2007. The "We've all been there" incident of the drunken man lying in the street wasn't important enough for a mention in the blog. If the blog was written before the diary, ahem cough was 'discovered', could it be that the drunken man incident was added to the diary as an afterthought? If so - for what purpose? Reading the blogs again and comparing them with the diary and the books throws up a number of such anomalies  or differences in recollection between GM and KM.

Arrived back in Praia da Luz this evening and it was great to see Kate and the Kids, even though I was only away for a day and a half.

There is still no sign of Madeleine. I didn't feel like it so I decided not to go running.
Went to pick up Gerry from the airport. It was so good to see him. Just before we reached the apartment we saw a man lying in the middle of the street, so we  Gerry walked him round to his apartment.
stopped the car and got out. It was no surprise to see that he was drunk (we've all been there!) but he recognised Gerry and me immediately.
Could this be the apartment that the McCanns were seen going into.  I know it's mentioned somewhere on the forum that they were seen entering an apartment away from the OC and the "drunk laying in the road" was added as an excuse in case they'd been seen which they obviously were as it's mentioned on here.

The McCann's never do or say anything without a purpose.  Why was it the McCanns who found the "drunk", wouldn't have there been other people around at the time.  Why didn't the McCanns phone the police to come and pick him up and take him home, how do they know (if he existed) that he may have turned violent or be sick all over them.   The fact that "the drunk recognised them" has also been added to dispel anyone questioning the fact that the "drunk" treated them in a gentlemanly manner and didn't shout "f**k off, leave me alone" (in Portugese of course! big grin)

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 06.09.13 12:09

aiyoyo wrote:

"I suspect the purpose of his trip back was some secret activity and not as straight forward as he claimed."

Yep. To 'collect' the not so secret, now, LAST PHOTO! (which had been in KM's camera, all along, since 3rd May 2007, just a few hours BEFORE the 'event')

Released to 'public' by the heartbroken McCanns 21 days AFTER 'event' but within a few days of Gerry's 'trip' back to UK.

jeanmonroe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.09.13 12:28

I don't think that it can be said categorically that the "last photo" was in the camera all along.

I strongly suspect that the photo was taken months before on a previous holiday but I don't know why it was not put on show immediately instead of the other old photos which for some strange reason were readily available.

It could still have been passed off as being taken on that day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 06.09.13 12:42

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I don't think that it can be said categorically that the "last photo" was in the camera all along.

I strongly suspect that the photo was taken months before on a previous holiday but I don't know why it was not put on show immediately instead of the other old photos which for some strange reason were readily available.

It could still have been passed off as being taken on that day.
Could the "last photo" have been downloaded on to a computer at home in the UK and deleted off the camera then had to be retrieved by Gerry McCann and downloaded back onto the camera when he returned to the UK, to make it look as if the photo had always been on the camera?

Although I'm not sure if you can download a photo back on to a camera from a computer, perhaps someone who knows a lot about cameras can say.

Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.09.13 13:16

"We've all been there" - lying drunk in the middle of the street?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereid on 06.09.13 13:24

@Newintown wrote:
@T4two wrote:A comparison of Gerry's blog entry for 20 June 2007 and Kate's diary entry for 20 June 2007. The "We've all been there" incident of the drunken man lying in the street wasn't important enough for a mention in the blog. If the blog was written before the diary, ahem cough was 'discovered', could it be that the drunken man incident was added to the diary as an afterthought? If so - for what purpose? Reading the blogs again and comparing them with the diary and the books throws up a number of such anomalies  or differences in recollection between GM and KM.

Went to pick up Gerry from the airport. It was so good to see him. Just before we reached the apartment we saw a man lying in the middle of the street, so we  Gerry walked him round to his apartment.
stopped the car and got out. It was no surprise to see that he was drunk (we've all been there!) but he recognised Gerry and me immediately.
Could this be the apartment that the McCanns were seen going into.  I know it's mentioned somewhere on the forum that they were seen entering an apartment away from the OC and the "drunk laying in the road" was added as an excuse in case they'd been seen which they obviously were as it's mentioned on here.

The McCann's never do or say anything without a purpose.  Why was it the McCanns who found the "drunk", wouldn't have there been other people around at the time.  Why didn't the McCanns phone the police to come and pick him up and take him home, how do they know (if he existed) that he may have turned violent or be sick all over them.   The fact that "the drunk recognised them" has also been added to dispel anyone questioning the fact that the "drunk" treated them in a gentlemanly manner and didn't shout "f**k off, leave me alone" (in Portugese of course! big grin)
 If the drunk was so drunk as to lie in the middle of the road, he would not have recognised his own mum, let alone the McCanns.

Nereid

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 06.09.13 13:26

Why did he fly to Gatwick instead of direct to East Midlands ?
His purpose was to go back to Rothley ?
Philomena said he was going to go through the photo albums to select photos for the website.
None of it makes sense
As usual !

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereid on 06.09.13 13:31

@jeanmonroe wrote:aiyoyo wrote:

"I suspect the purpose of his trip back was some secret activity and not as straight forward as he claimed."

Yep. To 'collect' the not so secret, now, LAST PHOTO! (which had been in KM's camera, all along, since 3rd May 2007, just a few hours BEFORE the 'event')

Released to 'public' by the heartbroken McCanns 21 days AFTER 'event' but within a few days of Gerry's 'trip' back to UK.
The LAST PHOTO was released after his May trip.

So what was his June trip about? Meetings, my *****! That could have been done over the phone.

Nereid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereid on 06.09.13 13:34

@PeterMac wrote:Why did he fly to Gatwick instead of direct to East Midlands ?
His purpose was to go back to Rothley ?
Philomena said he was going to go through the photo albums to select photos for the website.
None of it makes sense
As usual !
Surely the ever helpful and caring Philomena could have gone through the albums and save Gerry a trip?

Nereid

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 06.09.13 13:54

@Nereid wrote:
@Newintown wrote:

If the drunk was so drunk as to lie in the middle of the road, he would not have recognised his own mum, let alone the McCanns.
That's what went through my head after I typed my post, also if he was that drunk how did he remember where he lived????

If he was laying in the middle of the road, how come he hadn't be run over by numerous passing vehicles?? smilie

Newintown

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 06.09.13 15:08

You are falling into the trap of trying to make it make sense !big grin 

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: