The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

The Good Samaritan ?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Good Samaritan ?

Post by Trainer on 04.09.13 21:26

Just read a comment on hideho,s face book page about Gerry on his way back to PDL from the airport on his own in the hire car, stopping and picking up a drunk and giving him a lift back to his apartment, everyone was commenting about how out out of character it was etc.
Well this got me thinking ..... Out of character yes but then again did he really stop and play the Good Samaritan ? We only have his word that that's what happened..........so why should he make this up?

Could it be that it was a covering story,  Covering up what ? Did someone see him picking up the "drunk" and putting it in the car ? Or did he think he may have been spotted going in or out of the "wrong" apartment?

Coming back from the airport with no one watching could this have been movement day ?
What time did he eventually get back to the right apartment? 

It's just an idea an opinion no evidence etc , I had never heard of the drunk story before so it may be total rubbish..

If I was going to hide a big secret, I would do it under the cover of of darkness on my own when no one even knew I was there.
Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Good Samaritan ?

Post by aquila on 04.09.13 21:38

@Trainer wrote:Just read a comment on hideho,s face book page about Gerry on his way back to PDL from the airport on his own in the hire car, stopping and picking up a drunk and giving him a lift back to his apartment, everyone was commenting about how out out of character it was etc.
Well this got me thinking ..... Out of character yes but then again did he really stop and play the Good Samaritan ? We only have his word that that's what happened..........so why should he make this up?

Could it be that it was a covering story,  Covering up what ? Did someone see him picking up the "drunk" and putting it in the car ? Or did he think he may have been spotted going in or out of the "wrong" apartment?

Coming back from the airport with no one watching could this have been movement day ?

It's just an idea an opinion no evidence etc , I had never heard of the drunk story before so it may be total rubbish..

If I was going to hide a big secret, I would do it under the cover of of darkness on my own when no one even knew I was there.
There is a thread on this forum that discusses this. It would be really helpful if you could post a link to the information otherwise it's 'I read this on another forum' 'I've never seen this before' and before you know it things become so diluted and confused and it turns into a knitting circle. I seem to remember reading Kate was in the car with him when this happened. Please forgive me if I seem a bit pedantic but it's good to give references.

I wonder if someone could post the link to this specific information.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 04.09.13 21:48

@Trainer wrote:Just read a comment on hideho,s face book page about Gerry on his way back to PDL from the airport on his own in the hire car, stopping and picking up a drunk and giving him a lift back to his apartment, everyone was commenting about how out out of character it was etc.

Hi Trainer, I may have got it wrong but I think it was when KM was driving him back to PDL that they both picked up a drunk lying in the road.

Strange wasn't it that in 48 hours, GM gives aid to passenger who is ill on the flight to the UK, gets his wallet stolen, pictures of M stolen, picks up a drunk going back to PDL.

I am sure that something 'covert' was happening on this trip, just need to think about it a bit longer.thinking
Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainer on 04.09.13 22:05

Sorry but not sure how to add links to Facebook comments....

But k and m in the car ..........makes you think
Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 04.09.13 22:09

@Hicks wrote:

Hi Trainer, I may have got it wrong but I think it was when KM was driving him back to PDL that they both picked up a drunk lying in the road.

Strange wasn't it that in 48 hours, GM gives aid to passenger who is ill on the flight to the UK, gets his wallet stolen, pictures of M stolen, picks up a drunk going back to PDL.

I am sure that something 'covert' was happening on this trip, just need to think about it a bit longer.thinking
GM left Portugal for the UK on the 19th June, sometime after he arrives in London he gets his wallet stolen, was information passed to someone via his wallet? GM would know that his calls would be monitored, this would be a way to communicate with someone. He also cancelled his credit cards. 
The wallet was allegedly sent to Quenilborough in a stamped envelope, then forwarded to Rothley, the postmark was dated 22 June sent from London.
GM says in his blog, 'our friends brought the wallet back to PDL when they came over for the weekend'.

We need to find out who these 'friends' are as I don't believe that they have ever been named.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trainer on 04.09.13 23:57

Was the drunk ever named? Or more interesting would be where he was picked up and dropped off?
Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.09.13 0:17

IMO he's as anonymous as the passenger, whose life was saved by GM on the plane and the person, who nicked his wallet in London ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.09.13 0:40

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id178.html

This mentions all the nameless (and almost certainly fictional) drunks, thieves and heart attack victims.

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two on 05.09.13 1:01

McCannfiles - Kate''s Diary wrote:WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20: There is still no sign of Madeleine. I didn't feel like it so I decided not to go running.
Went to pick up Gerry from the airport. It was so good to see him. Just before we reached the apartment we saw a man lying in the middle of the street, so we stopped the car and got out. It was no surprise to see that he was drunk (we've all been there!) but he recognised Gerry and me immediately. Gerry walked him round to his apartment.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id166.html
T4two

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 05.09.13 7:09

https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3158p50-st-vincents-algarve?highlight=Solent+wallet

The above link is quite interesting. The last two pagesdealwiththe wallet episode. Butiknow there are other topics on this.

View user profile http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 05.09.13 10:08

@T4two wrote:
McCannfiles - Kate''s Diary wrote:WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20: There is still no sign of Madeleine. I didn't feel like it so I decided not to go running.
Went to pick up Gerry from the airport. It was so good to see him. Just before we reached the apartment we saw a man lying in the middle of the street, so we stopped the car and got out. It was no surprise to see that he was drunk (we've all been there!) but he recognised Gerry and me immediately. Gerry walked him round to his apartment.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id166.html
A very good way of setting the scene. A way good way of saying 'Hey, we are responsible doctors who will immediately go into medic mode whenever we even suspect that someone may need medical assistance. Even when we are lost in problems of our own, even when it is a complete stranger lying in the street who is likely to be drunk. A very good way of saying that 'if anybody anywhere has a possible medical problem - we will be there'.

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 05.09.13 10:38

@tigger wrote:https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3158p50-st-vincents-algarve?highlight=Solent+wallet

The above link is quite interesting. The last two pages deal with the wallet episode.  But  I know there are other topics on this.

Sorry, quoting myself gave me the opportunity to descramble my post.  (Blame iPad)
As regards the two lots of Good Samaritan acts in the space of two days and the heart-rending story of Gerry losing his most treasured photograph of Maddie which then turned into a fairy-tale of the thief with a conscience who was repentant enough to leave thirty euros in the wallet and send it back to the Queeniborough address - should have been a feast for the press, yet it wasn't reported in headlines anywhere?

I think the attention of the press and public was waning. As T4two says, it's the 'doctor'mode. Look how good we are. Saving people all over the place. 
Must say I've never been impressed by doctors unless they prove they're good at their job. Most GP's are pharma-educated. No more than pill-pushers imo. We've had a demo of Gerry's bedside manner in the documentary 'Madeleine was here'  and it's almost comical how he completely fails to interact with the poor bloke on the bed. But that's much later. Their doctor status is probably impressive in terms of their background but if one good thing has come out of the affair it's that Ms. Healy no longer practices medicine.

Her medical training gave her the know-how on how to go through 5a, looking under beds and in cupboards to see if Madeleine was "cowering" there. Some of us can do that without training of any kind nah .
Gerry's medical knowledge is  roughly this:" íf anything happens, it's drummed into you - call for help."
Imo this shouldn't apply if you ARE the help and Gerry is using this in relation to an accident.
In the book there is the elsewhere discussed event of a family member having a heart attack, Kate worrying if she would have to do CPR, Gerry phoning for an ambulance and Maddie listening to the stricken man's heart with a plastic stethoscope. Q: Surely Gerry hadn't forgotten how to do CPR? Surely he could tell a real heart attack from a joke? They first thought the man was faking it!

The three events, saving man on plane, stolen wallet, saving drunk and seeing him home. Excepting the drunk, why no headlines? By the way Ms Healy, not all of us think that collapsing dead drunk in the middle of the road is one of those things that happens to us all. Speak for yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by windchime on 05.09.13 12:36

What I find most odd about these incidents (if you believe they ever occurred) is considering the high level of media attention these two were getting, so much so that they were afforded a spokesman, why is it that at least one of these incidents was not witnessed?  I do not believe for one minute that at least one journalist didn't 'follow' the McCanns for a few weeks to see if a top story could be achieved.  It makes no sense.  Also if a man is that way inclined to get drunk in the middle of day, so much so that he is lying in the middle of the street, then I may be wrong here but I would hazard a guess at either a British holiday maker or an Alcoholic, why would either of these types and remember they were so paralytic they were lying in the middle of the street, immediately recognise the 2 good samaratans and if they truly did recognise them why did they not ever come forward to say what wonderful kind people they were helping them in their hour of need - and that includes the airplane incident - another one for Enid Blyton me thinks!!

BUT the biggest question is what is it they were really doing here?  I don't think they are trying to make us think they are great Drs and medics, there has to be a reason to mention these incidents at the specific time and day they occurred, otherwise why bother???
windchime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 05.09.13 13:20

Hmm, the drunk n the road - if this was to prove they were in PDL at the time one could wonder if there was another detour via Vila da Bispo as was the case for Gerry  at the end of July when he came back from the US.

Re the press: they were fairly constrained even then - the photographs were all set up photo opportunities, interviews were rehearsed . One would otherwise have expected the press to have been at the airport when the hero lifesaver landed.
Iirc it's mentioned in his blog from time to time, the lack of journalists.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 05.09.13 13:43

Am I not right in thinking that Kate was NOT a named driver ?

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by windchime on 05.09.13 14:07

According to what I have seen, no Kate was not a named driver of the hire vehicle.  So unless someone else drove it or she drove another vehicle that we know nothing about she should not have been driving this vehicle at all!!

What bothers me about these incidents is that where the media are concerned there is always someone who will 'talk' to get their name in the papers, now this flight back to the UK had to have at least 6 cabin crew members.  So are we to believe that an elderly passenger is taken very poorly to the point that the great saviour and Dr GM stabilises him and has an ambulance waiting airside to pick him up, and no, one not one of the probably 150 passengers or 6 cabin crew want to talk about it, either to confirm the story or tell us it never happened.  Oh, and how did the ambulance get there? Was it telepathy or did the Captain, on the instructions of the cabin crew radio ahead to ATC to advise they have a very poorly man who will need ambulance assistance.  Then once he is in the ambulance do they just drop him off at the terminal or do they take him to hospital where he is seen by the medical staff and so it goes on. See, so many people caught up in this one tale and no one has spoken about it??????  Can't get it?

Then the drunk, now if you are that drunk that you are collapsed in the street, can you remember where your apartment is?  So how did GM now which apartment to walk him too and as a Dr surely he would know that you do not leave a person who is blind drunk alone to sleep it off, what if the guy had vomited, surely they would have known better and called an ambulance or made sure someone was with him!  Were they the only people around at this time of day?  Flights into Portugal from the UK are generally quite early in the morning so wonder what time GM landed and what time this drunk was found?  Were the twins left with friends/family at this time or left in the crèche while she drives off to collect him from the airport?

There just has to be some significance to these stories even if it is to divert our minds away from something else that was also happening around this weekend, there is no other reason to mention them.

It is like to weird story about the man collapsing in their home and these two Drs had no idea what was happening to start off with and found it highly amusing that their daughter trots in with a plastic medical kit and starts to 'play' drs and nurses with a man who is potentially dying.  WHY oh WHY would you mention it, it is as if they are trying to convince us that MBM existed.
windchime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 05.09.13 15:48

@tigger wrote:
@tigger wrote:https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3158p50-st-vincents-algarve?highlight=Solent+wallet

The above link is quite interesting. The last two pages deal with the wallet episode.  But  I know there are other topics on this.

Sorry, quoting myself gave me the opportunity to descramble my post.  (Blame iPad)
As regards the two lots of Good Samaritan acts in the space of two days and the heart-rending story of Gerry losing his most treasured photograph of Maddie which then turned into a fairy-tale of the thief with a conscience who was repentant enough to leave thirty euros in the wallet and send it back to the Queeniborough address - should have been a feast for the press, yet it wasn't reported in headlines anywhere?

I think the attention of the press and public was waning. As T4two says, it's the 'doctor'mode. Look how good we are. Saving people all over the place. 
Must say I've never been impressed by doctors unless they prove they're good at their job. Most GP's are pharma-educated. No more than pill-pushers imo. We've had a demo of Gerry's bedside manner in the documentary 'Madeleine was here'  and it's almost comical how he completely fails to interact with the poor bloke on the bed. But that's much later. Their doctor status is probably impressive in terms of their background but if one good thing has come out of the affair it's that Ms. Healy no longer practices medicine.

Her medical training gave her the know-how on how to go through 5a, looking under beds and in cupboards to see if Madeleine was "cowering" there. Some of us can do that without training of any kind nah .
Gerry's medical knowledge is  roughly this:" íf anything happens, it's drummed into you - call for help."
Imo this shouldn't apply if you ARE the help and Gerry is using this in relation to an accident.
In the book there is the elsewhere discussed event of a family member having a heart attack, Kate worrying if she would have to do CPR, Gerry phoning for an ambulance and Maddie listening to the stricken man's heart with a plastic stethoscope. Q: Surely Gerry hadn't forgotten how to do CPR? Surely he could tell a real heart attack from a joke? They first thought the man was faking it!

The three events, saving man on plane, stolen wallet, saving drunk and seeing him home. Excepting the drunk, why no headlines? By the way Ms Healy, not all of us think that collapsing dead drunk in the middle of the road is one of those things that happens to us all. Speak for yourself.
Picking up a drunk off the street and sending him home is no biggie, in fact very trivial to put it in the bewk.

In whose interest does that serve ?  
Why would it be in readers interest know that you'd helped an old lady cross the traffic lights for example.
 It's the same kind of trivial, something very petty to include.
  It's not a heroic act. Even if you've done a heroic act, a humble person does not talk about it.
Your merit is of value only if people recognised it, not when you brag or talk about it.

So it leaves one wondering about at her purpose for such retarded inclusion.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 05.09.13 17:53

@aiyoyo wrote:
@tigger wrote:

Picking up a drunk off the street and sending him home is no biggie, in fact very trivial to put it in the bewk.

In whose interest does that serve ?  
Why would it be in readers interest know that you'd helped an old lady cross the traffic lights for example.
 It's the same kind of trivial, something very petty to include.
  It's not a heroic act.  Even if you've done a heroic act, a humble person does not talk about it.
Your merit is of value only if people recognised it, not when you brag or talk about it.

So it leaves one wondering about at her purpose for such retarded inclusion.
Could it be that Kate was elsewhere on the 20th June? This story of a drunk could serve to conceal her whereabouts on that day.
Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The three "good Samaritan" acts

Post by justathought on 05.09.13 19:32

As to the three incidents. maybe rename the title the three "good Samaritan" acts?
'plane incident most probably happened. but embellishment has taken place. am sure GM did not perform a tracheotomy with a coat hanger
alleged wallet theft, intriguing. understand theft occurred after GM had made a withdrawal at Waterloo Stn atm. what happened to the card used and money taken out? and surely the wallet was used as part of the process i.e. card used and money withdrawn not put back in wallet? what happened to onward train tickets? why not report theft, despite tight schedule, given precious photos inside? and finally no thief would return a wallet themselves due to guilt, due to risk of incriminating themselves. and a "good Samaritan"  would at least leave a message as an explanation as to circumstances of finding the wallet, even if not wishing to leave their n&a?
the "drunk" incident, even more intriguing. maybe a little deep. but think KM was known as a bit of a drinker at uni, and seems to have continued liking a tipple. thus the justification of "we've all been there!". justification for previous actions? got through those vetting the books contents. a bit like the miss-guided reference to genitalia? and as to stopping, yes possible. but am sure the Mcc's had more pressing issues to sort?
i suppose the purpose of describing the incidents was to elicit public sympathy and try and make GM out as being less of a hard nosed person that he was. Coupled with trying to depict a "better side of life" with the "good Samaritan" sending back the wallet?  
edit ps sending out a message of there also better sides of life, fitted in portraying there might still be hope for Madeleine?

justathought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aniandr on 05.09.13 22:25

What fliget was it. Must be in a record if an ambulance was called. It seems Odd that not even one has ever mentioned it.

aniandr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by justathought on 05.09.13 22:45

@aniandr wrote:What fliget was it. Must be in a record if an ambulance was called. It seems Odd that not even one has ever mentioned it.
Easyjet flight arriving at about midday
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/madeleine-dad-saves-mans-life-then-thief-strikes-26298846.html

justathought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.09.13 22:48

Interesting; thanks for that. It does just seem to have been lifted from Gerry's blog though and isn't an independent confirmation (no pun intended with the name of the paper!) of any of the events.

Back to top Go down

Post by aniandr on 05.09.13 23:25

But Then again why would he dare say it if not true? The chance of one person saying "no you didnt" is quite large. But its Odd noone ever was in paper saying "he saved a life" also. Maybe its true to the point that someone wasnt feeling Well but it ended up with exagerated headlines ore so. I cant seem to find any reason for making up a story like that and running the chance of lieing?

aniandr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 05.09.13 23:48

@aniandr wrote:But Then again why would he dare say it if not true? The chance of one person saying "no you didnt" is quite large. But its Odd noone ever was in paper saying "he saved a life" also. Maybe its true to the point that someone wasnt feeling Well but it ended up with exagerated headlines ore so. I cant seem to find any reason for making up a story like that and running the chance of lieing?
But who would be able to state that he didn't save a life? Anyone on a flight with him who did not see it would assume that they had missed it. Anyone on a flight with him sitting near him and also the flight attendants who didn't see anything would have assumed the 'lifesaving' occurred on another flight,

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by justathought on 05.09.13 23:52

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Interesting; thanks for that. It does just seem to have been lifted from Gerry's blog though and isn't an independent confirmation (no pun intended with the name of the paper!) of any of the events.
you are obviously correct in saying the incident has not been corroborated in detail. my link was to enlighten aniandir as to the timing of the flight
the article seems to contain some ironic comments :-
"The role for Kate and I in the campaign will not be nearly be so public," he said in his blog.
Tomorrow, however, the McCanns will go before the cameras again....." .!

justathought

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum