The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

SUNDAY EXPRESS FRONT PAGE 1/9/13 - Fresh agony for Kate and Gerry - Libel trial in Lisbon

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SUNDAY EXPRESS FRONT PAGE 1/9/13 - Fresh agony for Kate and Gerry - Libel trial in Lisbon

Post by Montclair on 07.09.13 19:24

In Portugal, the onus is on the plaintiff to prove that he has been libelled or defamed.
avatar
Montclair

Posts : 156
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-01-26
Age : 71
Location : Algarve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SUNDAY EXPRESS FRONT PAGE 1/9/13 - Fresh agony for Kate and Gerry - Libel trial in Lisbon

Post by Guest on 07.09.13 19:28

That's what I thought, Montclair. Thank you. It's going to be difficult, isn't it ... ?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: SUNDAY EXPRESS FRONT PAGE 1/9/13 - Fresh agony for Kate and Gerry - Libel trial in Lisbon

Post by Guest on 07.09.13 19:28

@Montclair wrote:In Portugal, the onus is on the plaintiff to prove that he has been libelled or defamed.
Thank you for the clarification Montclair thumbsup
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: SUNDAY EXPRESS FRONT PAGE 1/9/13 - Fresh agony for Kate and Gerry - Libel trial in Lisbon

Post by PeterMac on 07.09.13 19:40

candyfloss wrote:
@Montclair wrote:In Portugal, the onus is on the plaintiff to prove that he has been libelled or defamed.
Thank you for the clarification Montclair thumbsup
And are we still right in thinking that provided the respondent honestly believed what he said, that is sufficient to kill the case ?

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 174
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: SUNDAY EXPRESS FRONT PAGE 1/9/13 - Fresh agony for Kate and Gerry - Libel trial in Lisbon

Post by Guest on 07.09.13 19:48

@PeterMac wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
@Montclair wrote:In Portugal, the onus is on the plaintiff to prove that he has been libelled or defamed.
Thank you for the clarification Montclair thumbsup
And are we still right in thinking that provided the respondent honestly believed what he said, that is sufficient to kill the case ?
It would seem so, that is what happened in the Amaral v Marcos (lawyer, who went to Brazil, can't remember how to spell his last name) case.  He won because he said he believed in what he said, although not true IIRC, and the judge ruled no libel.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum