The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The McCanns' Nanny in Rothley

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The McCanns' Nanny in Rothley

Post by Hicks on 12.08.13 18:53

Sorry if there is a thread on this subject already Admin, if so please move.

I was looking over old posts on various other forums when I came across the subject of the McCann's former Nanny in Rothley.

I had not given this a thought, why don't we hear about her? Who was she? 
Does anyone have more info on this person?

The Landlady of the Royal Oak in Rothley was quoted, in the Times, as stating that the Mc's were wonderful parents, they would never leave their children with anyone else apart from their Nanny or relatives.

I read one old post from late 2007 that said the Nanny was due to go to Portugal with the MC'S on holiday, however, she was forced to return to Canada  at the last minute as she had a sick relative.
This sounds very interesting.yes
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Re: The McCanns' Nanny in Rothley

Post by whmon on 12.08.13 19:00

I can't understand why the Mccanns had a nanny in the first place. Nanny's wages are a huge expense (unless she was just an au pair) especially when KM only worked part time and the children went to nursery anyway. Why go to the expense of a nanny when they were in financial difficulty?

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 12.08.13 19:35

whmon wrote:I can't understand why the Mccanns had a nanny in the first place. Nanny's wages are a huge expense (unless she was just an au pair) especially when KM only worked part time and the children went to nursery anyway. Why go to the expense of a nanny when they were in financial difficulty?
 Ok... my mind is beginning to wander.....didn't the MC'S go to Canada in 2007? I have frequently read that Kate underwent several rounds of IVF treatment before becoming pregnant, Jill Renwick(Kate's friend) relates that on a holiday in Majorca six years prior Kate lamented on the fact that she was still childless, must have been very expensive each time, what if it just didn't work at all, could they afford more treatment?

Now, what if this Nanny proved to be a useful substitute? Funny that she left for Canada literally days just before the trip to Portugal, did she really go to Canada or did she instead go to Portugal with the intention of taking back her daughter? She would know everything about the MC'S and their routines.

I keep going back to Gerry's slip ups when he uses the word-her- when he shouldn't, the fact that there was no grief shown at the beginning, not forgetting the " they've taken her", and, the F***ing B***ards  have taken her.
Kate could forgive the abductors in a situation like this and, lastly, I believe Kate cried in the first vid above when GM said that "we don't know what she's been told, she may not know she is missing". 

Maybe this could be one avenue SY are exploring, perhaps that's why they think she could still be alive.

Yes, I know about the dogs but there still could be a good explanation for that.
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.08.13 19:38

Always good to remember that his own sister said they were "skint" ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 12.08.13 20:25

Châtelaine wrote:Always good to remember that his own sister said they were "skint" ...
I would have thought that this Nanny would have been Team McCann's dream, she could have enlightened us on how utterly marvellous the McCann's were as parents, what with her being there to witness first hand.
The fact that we have never heard a word about her or even know who she is begs questions.  thinking
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 12.08.13 20:48

I've been searching for info about the Canadian nanny but could find very little. One person did write that the nanny refused to give a press interview due to a massive row she'd had with the Mccanns prior to leaving for Canada. Anyone know anything about this?

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.
whmon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 12.08.13 21:34

whmon wrote:I've been searching for info about the Canadian nanny but could find very little. One person did write that the nanny refused to give a press interview due to a massive row she'd had with the Mccanns prior to leaving for Canada. Anyone know anything about this?
 Ditto! Can't find anything about this mysterious Nanny either.
Hicks

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereid on 12.08.13 21:57

Hicks wrote:
whmon wrote:I've been searching for info about the Canadian nanny but could find very little. One person did write that the nanny refused to give a press interview due to a massive row she'd had with the Mccanns prior to leaving for Canada. Anyone know anything about this?
 I vaguely remember that it was a Canadian family member, but that could have been pure speculation. It was never substantiated as far as I'm aware.

Nereid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 12.08.13 22:15

Nereid wrote:
Hicks wrote:
 I vaguely remember that it was a Canadian family member, but that could have been pure speculation. It was never substantiated as far as I'm aware.
 Kate has a Aunt, Norah Paul, who lives in Vancouver. Funnily enough she was in the UK on holiday with relatives when M went missing, she flew out to Portugal with Susan Healy on 4th May.

Interestingly Norah said at the end of a very strange phone interview, which was quickly removed," They were unlucky they hired the same car as the abductor".
Hicks

Back to top Go down

nanny

Post by marconi on 13.08.13 0:14

If there was a nanny, maybe she was payed by Brian Kennedy although I believe she would  have come from too far away.
There must be potential nannies enough in England.
We never hear whether the McCanns have one now.  Kate stopped working and they have to economize for the trial.
And they will be sued, imo.

I think that in 2007, I read an article where a neighbour told that there were fights between Maddie and Kate at the end of the afternoon in 5a.
I''m no sure about it.

marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 13.08.13 1:55

In the Catriona Baker thread on this forum, the nanny is quoted as allegedly saying to the PJ that "she had seen a man acting suspiciously near the apartment".  If so, this concern would have been reported at the time to a  line manager at the Ocean Club, with a date, time, description, and would have been formally recorded?  I wonder if this was ever followed up.  Staff training, especially for nannies, would surely have included a formal procedure for such a concern?

Searcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 13.08.13 9:47

I'm 100% they would have done a Rogatory for her - I expect there is some interesting material provided by whomever she was in the withheld files. Has anyone ever heard of a name relating to the nanny??

Back to top Go down

Goats, anyone?

Post by Guest on 13.08.13 10:30

I'm wondering if there even was a nanny at this point. Not a sniff of an interview from her to say how sad she was to miss the holiday and, had she been there, she would have kept the "abductor" at bay. 

Now, if I'm wrong, please correct me but I don't think there is any mention in the truthful book that there was a nanny and the problems caused by her going abroad.

I know that if Kate had talked about a nanny we'd have to take it with a pinch of salt but, nevertheless, the fact that she isn't mentioned could well indicate that she doesn't exist.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 13.08.13 10:37

This is from the topic Charlotte Pennington
- this link should give more info on the nanny whether she existed or not.

http://truthformadeleine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=60

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 13.08.13 10:45

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I'm wondering if there even was a nanny at this point. Not a sniff of an interview from her to say how sad she was to miss the holiday and, had she been there, she would have kept the "abductor" at bay. 

Now, if I'm wrong, please correct me but I don't think there is any mention in the truthful book that there was a nanny and the problems caused by her going abroad.

I know that if Kate had talked about a nanny we'd have to take it with a pinch of salt but, nevertheless, the fact that she isn't mentioned could well indicate that she doesn't exist.
 As far as I can see the only concrete mention of the nanny is by the landlady of a local pub:

by bugalugs1970 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:48 pm
Valerie Armstrong, landlady of Rothley’s Royal Oak pub, where the McCanns sometimes go for lunch or dinner, said: “They are lovely, gentle, caring people.” She said that they would let pnly their nanny or relatives babysit the children, and chose the Mark Warner resort precisely because they thought that it was safe.

Now this may seem far-fetched but perhaps the landlady enquired about their childcare arrangements just in conversation while they were in the pub. Perhaps they told her the had a nanny as a cover up to hide the fact that actually - they had gone out for the evening leaving their children HOME ALONE.

whmon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.08.13 10:56

This does indeed seem to be the only identifiable quote about a nanny and it's not from someone who could have known as a fact that there was one.

I don't think there's any proof that there was a nanny in May 2007 - I tried not to say that the same goes for smelly foreign paedophile kidnappers but I couldn't manage it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr What on 13.08.13 11:02

If this nanny really existed and knew the McCann child care routines, then she might have some interesting information about the routine use of night-time sedatives/calpol....... you know the stuff the McCanns never used.

Could be rather awkward to the McCanns.If she existed, you would consider her to be an important witness.It may well be that she has already made a statement to the PJ.

Dr What

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on 13.08.13 11:16

[quote="whmon"]
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Valerie Armstrong, landlady of Rothley’s Royal Oak pub, where the McCanns sometimes go for lunch or dinner, said: “They are lovely, gentle, caring people.” She said that they would let pnly their nanny or relatives babysit the children, and chose the Mark Warner resort precisely because they thought that it was safe.

Now this may seem far-fetched but perhaps the landlady enquired about their childcare arrangements just in conversation while they were in the pub. Perhaps they told her the had a nanny as a cover up to hide the fact that actually - they had gone out for the evening leaving their children HOME ALONE.
Yes, I love the reference to 'sometimes had lunch or dinner - like the 'dined' with friends in the tapa bar, not on the lash, then, definitely not...
They are likely to have bigged up their status to pub landlady, having a 'nanny' probably is what they would aspire to, but if they had anyone it would probably be a lowly or unpaid au-pair, or visiting young relative from Canada

Praiaaa

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 13.08.13 11:30

This could all possibly be related to GMs deleted CATS file. Perhaps they did regularly go out leaving the children alone. As Doctors they would have had access to sedatives to administer to the children before they left the house. Maybe KM was off visiting friends or whatever and GM decided to go out on his own and on this occasion the authorities got wind of it. So, it would only have been GM who went onto Social Services register as KM had not been party to it (on this occasion.)

With only one neglectful parent they could have got away with not having the children removed from the home, KM could have been adamant that it would never had happened had she been present - hence CATS file but the children remaining with the parents.

Another thing - perhaps the sleep chart was produced AFTER the return from Portugal as a 'red-herring' to convince the police that the children were not regularly sedated in the UK (or why would there be a sleep chart.)

Perhaps a tragic accident on holiday resulted in the need to make the body disappear because an autopsy would have shown regular sedation over a period of time resulting in two struck off Doctors, the twins being taken into care and the house repossessed due to no salaries coming in to meet it.

whmon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.08.13 11:37

Maybe she wasn't a Nanny has such but a teaching assistant doing extra hours. This makes interesting reading.

Cartas Rogatorias Vol V

Pages 20 to 21

Leicestershire Police Force

Statement by Sharon LEWIN

This statement (2 pages) is truthful in accordance with my understanding.

Date: 21st April 2008

I am the person referred to above and I work as a teaching assistant at Laurels Nursery School, Melton Road, Queniborough, Leicestershire. The nursery school has the capacity to receive about 80 children full-time, aged between 6 weeks and 5 years and is open from 07.30 to 18.00 daily. The children are grouped according to age and I work in the section that looks after children aged between two and half and three years old. I have worked at the nursery for five years and I am currently on maternity leave.

I got to know Madeleine and her parents Kate and Gerry through my work at the nursery school. Madeleine started at the nursery when she was about two years old.

When she was two and a half she joined the group supervised by me, I think it was in 2006, and she remained there for about 6 months. Madeleine attended on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

She would be dropped off between 08.00 and 08.30 and would return home at about 17.00. The dropping off and picking up was taken in turns by the parents and as a result of this Kate and Gerry asked me to take care of the children during the evening on some occasions. Kate would pick Madeleine up from the nursery at the end of the day and I would accompany them to their house. We would have tea and I would help give Madeleine her bath.

Kate and Gerry would go out and I would watch a DVD with the girl before telling her a bedtime story.

I think I did this about 5 times and on each occasion it was at their home in Rothley.

I always think of Madeleine as an alert and affectionate girl who liked to live. She was very advanced for her age and independent. She liked to dance and to dress up.

Kate and Gerry were always very friendly to me. I am quite close to both of them and they were always kind and generous. I am probably a bit closer to Kate who would sometimes send me text messages and I would take my baby along to visit her and have coffee.

I consider her to be a good friend.

I never saw Madeleine have any problem or conflict with her parents, family members or friends.

I would describe them as a charming family who loved each other. The twins adored their older sister and Kate and Gerry would often play with the children.

Madeleine felt comfortable at the nursery school, she had many friends and got on well with the other children.

Madeleine was quite a healthy girl. She had a good appetite and ate well. I don't remember any injury or accident. She would occasionally have a small scrape at the nursery but nothing abnormal. During the six months she was under my care she was absent five times because of being unwell, but they were just small colds with a high temperature.

At the nursery medication could only be administered by the senior members of staff and with the agreement of the children's parents. The only medication that I recall Madeleine taking was Calpol to lower her temperature.

Madeleine never complained about her family or friends and as I have already stated I consider them to be a charming family. She loved her mother and father and always knew who would pick her up from the nursery ad was always anxious for that moment. Gerry and Kate never appeared to have any problems in dealing with Madeleine. We would have regular meetings with the parents at the nursery and they never expressed any worry in relation to Madeleine's behaviour.

Madeleine was a very active child but I would not call her hyperactive. She never got over excited and always had good behaviour. Madeleine was easy to look after, a very independent girl but she never placed herself in dangerous situations, as far as I saw.

Occasionally during the afternoon, some of the children would have a siesta in the dormitory but Madeleine never did. I had the opportunity to be present at her bedtime when I looked after her. Bath time was at about 18.30 - 19.00 and she would later go to bed at about 19.30 – 20.00 I would read her a story or two and she would always fall asleep half way through.

Gerry and Kate would normally return home at about 22.30 and before this I would check whether she was all right, by looking around the bedroom door. I do not have knowledge of the girl waking up after she fell asleep.

This statement was made by me and is truthful in accordance with my understanding.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/SHARON_LEWIN.htm

Could she be the one who went to Canada?

Another one!

Leicestershire Police Force

Statement by Hayley Jane Plummer

This statement consisting of two pages is true and in accordance with my understanding.

Date 6th May 2008

Read more:

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/HAYLEY_PLUMBER.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 13.08.13 12:51

O good. So Ms Lewin doesn't give us the last time she saw Maddie and Ms Plummer gives us the Thursday before the holiday. She is also related to Kate Healy.

The picture they draw is completely at odds with those of Kate andGerry themselves and that of the family.
'She was a screamer-she could throw a tantrum etc.'

Also interesting is slipping in the Calpol - for relief of fever. touch of the pink one? 

All this was organised at the Rothley meeting imo. We have never seen a single statement in the press from either of these women early on, which would be expected at the time. 
E.g. 'All her classmates miss her'. 

One only looked after Maddieup to her third birthday? So the following year appears to have been pivotal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.08.13 13:30

To be clear, it was Hayley Plummer's boyfriend James who is Kate's cousin.

Perhaps we can hire a crack team of detectives (Earth to Messrs Cowley and Edgar, come in please) to organise a search for the missing nanny, with Donal MacIntyre and film crew in tow.

Their reputation for hunting people who probably don't exist is second to none.

sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 13.08.13 13:35

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:To be clear, it was Hayley Plummer's boyfriend James who is Kate's cousin.

Perhaps we can hire a crack team of detectives (Earth to Messrs Cowley and Edgar, come in please) to organise a search for the missing nanny, with Donal MacIntyre and film crew in tow.

Their reputation for hunting people who probably don't exist is second to none.

sarcastic
 Sometimes I wish there was a 'like button' on here!

whmon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.08.13 13:40

tigger wrote:O good. So Ms Lewin doesn't give us the last time she saw Maddie and Ms Plummer gives us the Thursday before the holiday. She is also related to Kate Healy.

The picture they draw is completely at odds with those of Kate andGerry themselves and that of the family.
'She was a screamer-she could throw a tantrum etc.'

Also interesting is slipping in the Calpol - for relief of fever. touch of the pink one? 

All this was organised at the Rothley meeting imo. We have never seen a single statement in the press from either of these women early on, which would be expected at the time. 
E.g. 'All her classmates miss her'. 

One only looked after Maddieup to her third birthday? So the following year appears to have been pivotal.
 Agree with what you say tigger, did they remember their statements by heart or were they reading from a script ie "oh I just made some notes"?

Who iis James, KM's cousin?

NFWTD, wonder what is surname is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.08.13 13:43

I assume that he is James Kennedy, the son of Brian (not the window man!) and Janet Kennedy.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum