The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by juliet on 10.11.13 22:13

So this wasnt when Trish was " choking on her full English" beca.use Tiny Tears Gerry had gone crumbly (as described by an amused Kate).
avatar
juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by ultimaThule on 10.11.13 22:44

Is there any McCann who's capable of telling the truth?  I'm curious about the sibling who's opted out of the circus parade.  Is she the white or black sheep of the clan?
avatar
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by PeterMac on 10.11.13 23:07

@Miss Trunchbull wrote:Sorry, can we back track here please? Very confused. 
The thread title is McCann Family Trip, but now we're homing in on a pre-planned school trip?
If it is a school trip, and P McCann is a teacher, then I see nothing controversial - or am I missing something??
It wasn't a family trip for 26. It was a school trip. P McCann IS a teacher, but it may be that her husband (who has certain propensities) went on the same trip.
capiche?

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 174
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

RE: MY LAST POST

Post by ekatae on 10.11.13 23:14

Is this topic more agreeable than my (deleted) new post re: in-law's..I wonder.....

ekatae

Posts : 88
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by Lance De Boils on 10.11.13 23:14

@PeterMac wrote:
@Miss Trunchbull wrote:Sorry, can we back track here please? Very confused. 
The thread title is McCann Family Trip, but now we're homing in on a pre-planned school trip?
If it is a school trip, and P McCann is a teacher, then I see nothing controversial - or am I missing something??
It wasn't a family trip for 26. It was a school trip.  P McCann IS a teacher, but it may be that her husband (who has certain propensities) went on the same trip.
capiche?
And the Camerons.
avatar
Lance De Boils

Posts : 806
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2011-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by Daisy on 11.11.13 17:30

@tigger wrote:I still think it was mainly for adults, some with their children. The two emails on page 1 indicate that I think. 

A schooltrip would be organised a long time in advance and a programme of activities would be in place.
I had doubts at first for those very reasons Tigger. It certainly doesn't appear like an 'official' school trip booking. But then I can't explain away the fact that there was a school trip to Turkey around that time. That's a coincidence too far for me.

____________________
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”   

Unknown


“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche
avatar
Daisy

Posts : 1245
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Yorkshire, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by Dee14 on 12.11.13 9:32

Call me overprotective, but if I were taking a party of senior schoolchildren to a party resort like bodrum I'd make damn sure all the rooms were together, and I'd certainly mention it was a school trip when making the request so that the hotel knew it was absolutely necessary. But Phil makes no mention of a school trip in her email...

Dee14

Posts : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by PeterMac on 12.11.13 9:42

@Dee14 wrote:Call me overprotective, but if I were taking a party of senior schoolchildren to a party resort like bodrum I'd make damn sure all the rooms were together, and I'd certainly mention it was a school trip when making the request so that the hotel knew it was absolutely necessary. But Phil makes no mention of a school trip in her email...
I wonder if the parents knew of the propensities . . .

And isn't it fascinating how 'educational trips' have to be in beach resorts -

(Just as it is obviously Essential that European summits have to happen in Davos, or Arosa, or St Moritz, or on Caribbean Islands.
Never in a large Church Hall in Brixton, or Wakefield, or Bradford.)

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 174
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by sami on 12.11.13 10:17

I find the choice of Bodrum odd in the extreme for a school trip.  Nightmare time, trying to keep young adolescents under control in a resort area.

Usually school trips are arranged so that there is either an educational value (architecture or history for example) or often if an all boys class the trip would have well organised sporting activities.  Skiing to Italy is popular.  Barcelona is popular, architecture and of course football.  I speak as a parent who has the misfortune to have to pay for these trips and as someone who works in a school where these trips occur.

No disrespect to Bodrum, I enjoyed a few holidays there in my youth, and although it was educational, it was not the education I would be recommending for a group of teens.   blushing1

sami

Posts : 965
Reputation : 53
Join date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by PeterMac on 12.11.13 10:40

Lots of opportunity for photography though.

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 174
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by sami on 12.11.13 10:54

@PeterMac wrote:Lots of opportunity for photography though.
Exactly.

sami

Posts : 965
Reputation : 53
Join date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by Nereid on 12.11.13 13:18

Looks like Phil went there in June 2006 as well. A different hotel, but the same area.



 

Interesting avatar. I doubt Phil likes cycling.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298658-i765-k1461918-Yasmin_bodrum_resort_or_aegean_dreams_resort-Bodrum_City_Bodrum_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegea.html

Nereid

Posts : 308
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by Miss Trunchbull on 12.11.13 14:11

My nieces and nephews in the recent past have all done the 'new style' of school trip i.e. skiing, USA, Rome for starters.

Another young relative is going to Peru in 2015. She's only 14 years old at the moment.

All these trips are really expensive (extended family being pestered for sponsorship seems to be the in-thing) and I am sure that a perk of the teacher's job is that when 15 or more persons are booked, the 16th (that is the teacher in many cases) goes free. I think that would be a great incentive for a freebie holiday every year, don't you?

Miss Trunchbull

Posts : 36
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-11-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by PeterMac on 12.11.13 14:18

@Nereid wrote:Looks like Phil went there in June 2006 as well. A different hotel, but the same area.
http://www.highland.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/BDC97C37-80C0-4510-93B2-59CDDFFA6B71/0/110126ullapoolprospectus1112.pdf


School curriculum, p.20
In recent years an Activities Week has been held at the end of the
summer term for all year groups and in 2006 there was an S3 excursion to Paris and senior school trips to Turkey as part of this week in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009.
followed by the photo .
" />

____________________

avatar
PeterMac
Investigator

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 174
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by ultimaThule on 12.11.13 20:49

@Daisy wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:If Patricia (Trish) Cameron participated in this trip to Turkey at the end of June 2007, it directly contradicts the sworn testimony she gave on day 6 of the libel trial:

(02.10.2013, 10:25 am) (Patricia Cameron née McCann) Trish Cameron. Divorced and a nurse by occupation.
The Judge asks her where she was when Madeleine disappeared.
TC answers she was at home at the time, she was married and living in ......... She thinks that she was the first person Gerald McCann called after Madeleine was taken. She says she spoke to her local police and then spoke with her mother. She managed to get to Praia da Luz by the 5th May 2007 and remained there for 3 months before returning to the UK. She later returned to Praia da Luz.
According to her sworn statement she was back in PDL at the end of June.

"When we left in the middle of June we felt dreadful because we did not want to leave them, both Gerry and Sandy cried at the airport and I tried very hard to remain strong. Our only comfort was knowing that there were others travelling out to take our place and support Gerry and Kate. When we went back for the second time at the end of June..."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PATRICIA_CAMERON.htm
As far as can be ascertained, the statement given by Trish Cameron to the police was not sworn or made under caution, but she was subject to the Portuguese equivalent of being sworn to tell the truth at the libel trial.  

Having read the transcripts, it seems to me the judge has no alternative but to discount much of the testimony given by witnesses for the Plaintiffs because of its subjective nature.

Nevertheless, I believe Trish Cameron's failure to tell the truth in the purely factual matter of the length of time she spent with her brother and his family in Luz should be drawn to the attention of the trial judge.
avatar
ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by Genbug on 12.11.13 21:39

@sami wrote:I find the choice of Bodrum odd in the extreme for a school trip.  Nightmare time, trying to keep young adolescents under control in a resort area.

Usually school trips are arranged so that there is either an educational value (architecture or history for example) or often if an all boys class the trip would have well organised sporting activities.  Skiing to Italy is popular.  Barcelona is popular, architecture and of course football.  I speak as a parent who has the misfortune to have to pay for these trips and as someone who works in a school where these trips occur.

No disrespect to Bodrum, I enjoyed a few holidays there in my youth, and although it was educational, it was not the education I would be recommending for a group of teens.   blushing1
Of course, Bodum is the home of the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, one of the Ancient Seven Wonders of the Word, but these days it appears to all about the clubbing. A young girl that I work with went there this year and I mentioned the mausoleum and she just looked at me blankly! I used to love Bodrum but realised the last time I went I was getting a bit too old for partying all night! nah

Genbug

Posts : 186
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by Lance De Boils on 12.11.13 22:21

Genbug!
Long time no see!

hi 

=====

Re this trip to Turkey - to me it just doesn't look like the type of place for a school trip. But maybe things aren't like they were in my day.

But we know from the school prospectus that there have been school trips to Turkey, including in 2007.

We are therefore assuming that the trip Phil, Rickwood and the 2 Camerons went on was the school trip.

At least we are now sure that Phil did indeed go off to enjoy the beauty and spa treatments at this 5* beach resort, martyr herself to her job, not long after her niece had vanished into thin air.

I hope she took lots of posters with her.

=====

As an aside, I read somewhere that in 2004, Ullapool High Scool was granted a sum of money towards a school trip to Donegal.

I wonder if that was also a regular thing too?

And if Phil was going on those trips, I wonder if she was allowed to take family members along with her....
avatar
Lance De Boils

Posts : 806
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2011-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by chillyheat on 12.11.13 22:52

@Lance De Boils wrote:Genbug!
Long time no see!

hi 

=====

Re this trip to Turkey - to me it just doesn't look like the type of place for a school trip. But maybe things aren't like they were in my day.

But we know from the school prospectus that there have been school trips to Turkey, including in 2007.

We are therefore assuming that the trip Phil, Rickwood and the 2 Camerons went on was the school trip.

At least we are now sure that Phil did indeed go off to enjoy the beauty and spa treatments at this 5* beach resort, martyr herself to her job, not long after her niece had vanished into thin air.

I hope she took lots of posters with her.

=====

As an aside, I read somewhere that in 2004, Ullapool High Scool was granted a sum of money towards a school trip to Donegal.

I wonder if that was also a regular thing too?

And if Phil was going on those trips, I wonder if she was allowed to take family members along with her....
This maybe it....
[url=http://www.gaidhlig.org.uk/Coinneamhan a Bhuird/Beurla/Minutes/Minutes 02.03.2004.pdf]http://www.gaidhlig.org.uk/Coinneamhan%20a%20Bhuird/Beurla/Minutes/Minutes%2002.03.2004.pdf[/url]

chillyheat

Posts : 814
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by Lance De Boils on 12.11.13 22:59

thumbup   That's where I read it.
avatar
Lance De Boils

Posts : 806
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2011-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by Guest on 12.11.13 23:04

@Lance De Boils wrote:thumbup   That's where I read it.
***
Sorry, but ... can you give me a link to read that too? I've been trying to clean the link given above, but it doesn't get me anywhere ...
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by chillyheat on 12.11.13 23:18

Châtelaine wrote:
@Lance De Boils wrote:thumbup   That's where I read it.
***
Sorry, but ... can you give me a link to read that too? I've been trying to clean the link given above, but it doesn't get me anywhere ...
When you click the link just delete [/url] on the end......try that

chillyheat

Posts : 814
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by chillyheat on 12.11.13 23:27

I cant copy and paste it. Im not a techie soz 
please  can someone clean up the link if possible.....I aint got a clue how to do it

chillyheat

Posts : 814
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by chillyheat on 12.11.13 23:29

I simply typed.....Ullapool High School trip to donegal 2004......into google and it was the first one in the list

chillyheat

Posts : 814
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann Family group of 26 - Turkey trip June 2007

Post by chillyheat on 12.11.13 23:45

http://uk.ratemyteachers.com/philomena-mccann/202514-t

Thats not nice from the 20% rater big grin ....... Have a look at their comment

chillyheat

Posts : 814
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum