The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Bits and Bobs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bits and Bobs

Post by Kepharel on 27.07.13 17:55

Some of my latest niggles, mostly around photos.  Please don’t tell me this has all been discussed before, and why am I putting it up.  If it’s old hat just ignore please.

Blacksmith 2011

Talking about Gerry McCann:

"Jon Corner, a good friend and godparent to the twins used his media experience to release a number of pictures of Madeleine to the whole of the UK media in the early hours of the 4 May 2007 to publicise her image."

So, a tiny change. Yes, but leaving aside all the other emails and phone calls made during the night of May 3, was Jon Corner doing this at the parents' request? No. McCann adds in his verbal evidence:

"... a very good friend of ours[Corner] who we spoke to in the early hours of 4 May  took it upon himself[our italics]to issue photographs of Madeleine to all the major media outlets in the UK." Took it upon himself. That's clear for the future then.

Comment: I find the idea of a good friend taking it upon himself to issue photographs and Video footage to the media in the early hours of 4th May really bizarre.  Not asking the parents for permission????

Dr Martin Roberts: 2011 re Leveson

Comment: Conservative Central Office look no further, these guys are good!!

Prior to their personal appearance, David Sherborne, representing victims of alleged press intrusion, told the inquiry how the Drs. McCann 'found themselves at the centre of a media storm after their daughter Madeleine went missing in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in 2007.'

…………………………..

"Dave (Payne), ... sent an e-mail to Sky News alerting them to the abduction of our daughter. ."...Rachael had contacted a friend of hers at the BBC seeking help and advice..." .

"Jon Corner...was circulating photographs and video footage of Madeleine to the police, Interpol (Comment: JC doesn’t confine himself to the Media then as per Blacksmith according to Kate’s book. “Control Freak” springs to mind, unless he didn't take it upon himself after all maybe) and broadcasting and newspaper news desks. 

Dr Martin Roberts: 2012 “A tense situation” article.

Comment: Nice to know Leicester Police are easing Kate’s mind by wasting resources and investigating this friend of a clairvoyant friend rubbish. And thoughtful enough to make a note to keep her in the loop

Because now I should like to ask when, in the course of all the activity Kate McCann has dutifully outlined for us, did she personally find the time for sight-seeing; in particular her visit to Lagos Marina, which she has previously described to D.C. 975 Markley of Leicestershire Constabulary? It was he who wrote, on a spare sheet of LC paper headed 'LEICESTERSHIRE CONSTABULARY Continuation WITNESS STATEMENT,' the following:

INFORMATION FROM THE FAMILY
I spoke to Kate McCann on Tuesday 8th of May 07. She told me that a friend of her Aunt & Uncle from Leicester had a friend that had a strong vision that Madeleine was on a boat with a man in the Marina in Lagos.
This person arrived in Portugal and has spoke to Kate. They have visited the Marina and identified the boat as "SHEARWATER". They saw a man on the boat but this was not the same man that she had in her vision.

This is very important to Kate. I spoke to Glen Pounder if he could make some enqs with regards to the boat. He has done this and the boat is registered to a Canadian National called Bruce Cook. Glen has told me that George Reyes at the police stn is now dealing with the matter with regards to doing PNC checks etc. I spoke with Kate today and she has given me photographs of the boat. She has also given me a photograph of a man who had been on the boat. This is not the man that the woman had in her vision. This matter is very important to her and she is very pleased that we are making enqs into the matter. Once the enqs have been completed can we please let her know the result.
Thanks

Goncalo Amaral Chapter 3

Comment: Polish Man, child abductor wannabe, escapes home with his digital camera safe from prying eyes of the police, who sign off “ah well, never mind”

Hundreds of statements continue to be gathered in Vila da Luz. All the people of the area are interviewed: resort employees, tourists, play leaders from the crèches, residents. Most of them will be of no use to us, but none must be neglected.
From information from Sagres, we learn that an individual has been surprised on Mareta beach taking photos of several children and in particular of a little girl aged 4, blonde with blue eyes, who looks like Madeleine. It was the little girl's father who noticed him. This 40 year-old man, wearing glasses, tells the investigators that the photographer tried to kidnap his daughter in the afternoon of April 26th in Sagres.
He allegedly then fled in a hired car with a woman in the passenger seat. The stranger did not look like a tourist; brown hair down to his collar, wearing cream-coloured trousers and jacket and shoes of a classic style. This report reminds us of the individual encountered by Jane Tanner in the streets of Vila da Luz on the evening of Madeleine's disappearance.
Thanks to the father's composure, he managed to take a photograph of the vehicle. It's not very clear and does not allow us to make out the number plate, but we succeed, nonetheless, in finding the car. The car hire firm provides us with the identity of the driver. He is a forty-year-old Polish man, who is traveling with his wife. They arrived in Portugal on April 28th, from Berlin. At Faro airport, they hired a car and put up in an apartment in Budens, near Praia da Luz. Unfortunately, on May 5th, at 7am, they had already left, taking with them their camera and all the photos from their holiday. We ask the German police, through Interpol, to monitor them as soon as they arrive in Berlin. All the passengers are questioned, but no one has seen a child looking like Madeleine. In Berlin, the couple take the train to return to Poland. Thus, the Polish trail comes to an end. We would like to have seen their photos...but that proved impossible.

Smith sightings

Comment: I so want this sighting to be 'untouchable', but here are some of the less convincing utterances within their statements

Date of Diligence: 2007.05.26 10h45

Name: Aoife Smith
The witness states:

— She has seen photographs of Madeleine McCann and thinks that it could have been her. Asked, she said she was 60% certain.

Date of Diligence: 2007.05.26 15H30
Name: PETER DANIEL SMITH
The witness states:

— He states that [the man] carried the child on his arms, with the head resting on the left shoulder, as such on the right of the deponent, appearing to him in a natural manner.
— Having already seen various photographs of MADELEINE and televised images, states that the child that was carried by the individual may have been her. He cannot state this as fact but is convinced that it could have been MADELEINE, an opinion shared by his family.

— Questioned, states that the individual did not speak nor did the child as she was sleeping deeply. He adds also that the individual did not try to hide his face or lower his look, [doing] nothing [that would be] perceived as strange.
      States that it would not be possible to recognize the individual in person or via photograph.

Kepharel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bits and Bobs

Post by Monty Heck on 28.07.13 12:55

Kepharel Yesterday at 5:55 pm

Some of my latest niggles, mostly around photos. Please don’t tell me this has all been discussed before, and why am I putting it up. If it’s old hat just ignore please.

Blacksmith 2011

Talking about Gerry McCann:

"Jon Corner, a good friend and godparent to the twins used his media experience to release a number of pictures of Madeleine to the whole of the UK media in the early hours of the 4 May 2007 to publicise her image."

So, a tiny change. Yes, but leaving aside all the other emails and phone calls made during the night of May 3, was Jon Corner doing this at the parents' request? No. McCann adds in his verbal evidence:

"... a very good friend of ours[Corner] who we spoke to in the early hours of 4 May took it upon himself[our italics]to issue photographs of Madeleine to all the major media outlets in the UK." Took it upon himself. That's clear for the future then.

Comment: I find the idea of a good friend taking it upon himself to issue photographs and Video footage to the media in the early hours of 4th May really bizarre. Not asking the parents for permission????

Dr Martin Roberts: 2011 re Leveson

Comment: Conservative Central Office look no further, these guys are good!!

Prior to their personal appearance, David Sherborne, representing victims of alleged press intrusion, told the inquiry how the Drs. McCann 'found themselves at the centre of a media storm after their daughter Madeleine went missing in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in 2007.'

…………………………..

"Dave (Payne), ... sent an e-mail to Sky News alerting them to the abduction of our daughter. ."...Rachael had contacted a friend of hers at the BBC seeking help and advice..." .

"Jon Corner...was circulating photographs and video footage of Madeleine to the police, Interpol (Comment: JC doesn’t confine himself to the Media then as per Blacksmith according to Kate’s book. “Control Freak” springs to mind, unless he didn't take it upon himself after all maybe) and broadcasting and newspaper news desks.

The decision, made and exectuted during the night of 3/4 May 2007, to instigate a media blitz is certainly one of the most bizarre events of this case.  To have decided already that the ongoing searches were not going to find the missing child and go ahead with media contact, without any consultation or taking advice on whether this would pose any additional risk to the child in these circumstances has never been adequately explained. 

In any event it is pretty much impossible to justify launching a media blitz in the middle of that first night, which could have done far greater harm than good if the child was being held by someone.  This was a massive risk to take and may have ended this child's life, yet the T9 remain apparently unabashed concerning their actions.  JC always came across as someone extremely pleased with himself.  One wonders if he has ever paused to consider the implications of his helpfully "taking it upon himself" to whip up a media storm while the immediate searches were still ongoing.

Monty Heck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bits and Bobs

Post by joyce1938 on 28.07.13 15:36

It just seems to be that ,they never expected little one to turn up at all ,so strange ,what made them act that way or even think that way ,it looks bad .joyce1938
joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum