The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 18 Mm11

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 18 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 18 Mm11

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 18 Regist10

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 18 Empty Re: SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13

Post by Montclair 07.07.13 12:13

PeterMac wrote:
Me wrote:
It would seem contrary to normal investigations of this kind, where you work from the family first and then outwards, but given the high profile nature of this case it may have been decided that is the best tactic at the beginning of the Yard's investigation to work from the outwards in.
The PJ did work from the family outwards, and came to the conclusions they did.
Only the intervention of several other factors has forced Grange to do it the other way round, since they know that no one inside the immediate group is suddenly going to start telling the truth.
They didn't when they were still maintaining that a young child's life was at risk, so they are unlikely to now.

Unfortunately, the PJ were forced to work exclusively on the abduction theory for about the first 3 months and for this reason they got nowhere. When Mark Harrison came and made his report stating that Madeleine was most probably dead, the investigation took another turn and they began to look more closely at the parents. Then came Eddie and Keela with Martin Grimes and we know the rest of the story.....
Montclair
Montclair

Activity : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 07.07.13 15:03

sallypelt wrote:
Pershing36 wrote:
Finn wrote:
sallypelt wrote:
Seek truth wrote:
lj wrote:No, the SY has after all this time and money nothing, nop, nada. They know their 38 plus or minus is one big red herring. They continuously let it seem as if they do everything in their power to solve the case, especially as far as their cooperation with the PJ is concerned. Their ultimate goal is something like: we could have found him/them, but the PJ did not want to solve the case.

It is a repeat of 2007: when the Brits refused to give any medical and financial information, keep the parents under suspicion updated of the investigation, screwed up the DNA evidence, lost some material in that process, sabotaged further interrogation of the tapas friends by  first not reacting, later declaring the International Letter of Request was not correct and so on and so forth.

Anyone who still believe SY is doing a proper investigation is rather naive imo. It's wagging the dog done by a LE group who has experience in screwing up investigations.

YOU SAID IT ALL !!

thanks 
Lets not forget SY have actually been involved since 2007.

Well, I have to question why some people are here, if all they are seeing is a "whitewash" from SY. I would like for you to explain, what is it you want, if you don't want the police to investigate? I am at a loss of what your motive is

I don't think it's a case of not wanting the police to investigate, sallypelt, I think it's a matter of not having confidence in the investigation.

I for one am not going to accept the SY review if they just come up with some random sex offender with very loose evidence.

Think of it this way if it wound up tomorrow and they concluded Hewlett probably did it, would you be happy to leave it there?

Do you really think that THAT is going to happen?

I will ask the same question, again. What is it some people want? If the police are NOT going to do anything, then what is the point of being here?
I agree that we have to be careful, and not listen to everything we hear, but I understand enough about the law to know that if they  just wanted this to go away, they would have left things as they were.

Now, I am not going to say anything else on the subject in regards to a "whitewash". I've said my piece, and I will concentrate on what the likes of Russian doll and those who have an understanding of how the law works.

I am sorry this response got delayed a couple of times, so it refers to something way back in the thread. I considered not posting it at all, but yesterdays news that Portugal never got a letter of request made me decide to post it after all. So here it is:

Oh Sally, how silly and a little bit below the belt. So there is freedom of speech here as long as it goes along your line of thinking.

What I want is the same as most of us here: the truth, justice for Madeleine.
I do not believe that the current SY investigation will bring that. The current development of the SY saying that they have send a request for mutual judiciary assistance and Portugal flatout denying that is just one of the reasons. You'll find others in my posts. it is not like I want the police NOT to investigate: there has been an investigation by the Portuguese Police and justice system, the only ones that could legally investigate. If the PJ would find reason to reopen the case I would really be very happy with that. But even with all what SY has brought to them these past 2 years, they don't find enough evidence to reopen the case. They also found that the parents missed an opportunity to prove their innocence. So the parents are still were they were 4 years ago: no longer arguidos just because the case was shelved, but absolutely not what still is said "acquitted" or "absolved".

I want the truth, the real truth, not a concoct fairy tale about a dead pedophile. Now look what happened yesterday. So Andy says there was a letter of request submitted so we can continue to investigate in Portugal. Says Portugal "there was not". Strangely I believe the Portuguese over Andy. Now I might not know enough about the law, according to you, but I know some things about politics and diplomacy, and this is huge. Huge in a very negative way. This guy is lying through all the teeth he has, and doing in the mean time considerable damage to the country of Portugal and the ties the UK has with Portugal. The FO must be cringing, and all Brits should be crinching. Now why would he lie? This is not a lie like "he can't say that the McCanns are on the suspect list, but they'll get them in the end", this is willingly and knowingly attacking another country. And for what FGS? To keep that mediocre cunning couple out of trouble? Would you trust someone who is supposed to keep and enforce the law, but instead tramples it? And for what?

You asked "If the police are NOT going to do anything, then what is the point of being here?". First of all, I would police to investigate, but not a media and political driven force, but one that does have jurisdiction and has respect for the law, their own and of other countries. Until then I take the liberty of once in a while reading/posting here.
Feel free to skip my posts, I know I'll skip yours.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by lufc50337 07.07.13 15:30

IMO unless you've got inside knowledge nobody knows 100% whether this is a whitewash or a genuine investigation.

There are pointers both ways and either way it is important that everybody is free to give their opinion and the fight for justice goes on.

I'm a bit of a fence sitter on this issue but I am leaning more towards whitewash.

As SY want something from the PJ and they can only try and get by it being an investigation that would explain a lot.

If it is a whitewash that to me indicates the darkest scenario.

lufc50337

Activity : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 07.07.13 16:34

sally66 wrote:IMO unless you've got inside knowledge nobody knows 100% whether this is a whitewash or a genuine investigation.

There are pointers both ways and either way it is important that everybody is free to give their opinion and the fight for justice goes on.

I'm a bit of a fence sitter on this issue but I am leaning more towards whitewash.

As SY want something from the PJ and they  can only try and get by it being an investigation that would explain a lot.

If it is a whitewash  that to me indicates the darkest scenario.

Hello Sally, I don't think it's being a fence sitter, to keep a circumspect eye on how things are developing.
We all obviously want justice, and absolutely not a cover up.
The problems emerge however when a 'desire' to believe in someone/something is in conflict with our observations and experiences.
PRISM has just been exposed by a courageous young man.
The USA, guilty of breach of its own 4th Amendment, guilty of intercepting private messages of European, International governments and private public citizens, instead of being reprimanded and exposed as 'guilty of a CRIME' is accusing the Whistleblower of being a criminal.
This is rank criminal hypocrisy and such a serious threat to the future 'justice' for mankind that people and nations are rising up against this tyrannical invasion and breach of justice.
The UK is a knowing participant to the above crimes.
From the Leveson Enquiry, our police have been exposed to have corruption and cover ups at the highest level.
Madeleine McCann's parents have had unlimited help and financial investment in their case, contrary to any other missing child case.
Even without paying any regard to the acclaimed 'high powered, political, government' involvement at the beginning of the McCann case (which is evident by looking at the names and political positions of those declaring their interest in the case);
Even without accepting Goncalo Amaral's word for it that such unprecedented interference occurred, making the investigation impossible for the Portuguese police,
we are asked to believe that our police are being pristine, honest and seeking justice, rather than acting on behalf of an embroiled government to bring about a 'disposal' of this problematic case.
Problematic, not because it is complex in itself, but because public acceptance of the story so far is not appeased.
This site is one of many, many voices failing to accept the 'story' as given.
With a back-drop of police corruption, government meddling, inconsistent statements of position between the Portuguese and the UK police authorities, a 'convenient disposal' of this thorny case is not entirely to be dismissed.
Whether we call it a possible 'whitewash' or whether we feel we should 'trust' in our topmost police authority and government leaders, has to be weighed up against the disconcerting facts that blight this investigation.
I do not have a theory, but I do watch developments and place them against the discovered behaviours of the political authorities which will cause my opinion to change.
This, to my mind, is a time when we must be more attentive than ever, a time for 'upping' the discussions and back-referrals of previously studied material. In as much as idle or groundless speculation should be avoided for the 'safety' of any 'possible' prosecution, it is certainly not a time for sitting back and trusting that the powers that be will deliver a good and just determination.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by lufc50337 07.07.13 16:48

Hi Bobbin

I have no faith in our government at all whichever party is in, IMO 99% of them are compromised are are ruled by others.

I am also aware that the MET's track record is shocking and the McCanns have had unprecedented help.
Don't know if I am just living in hope that there are some decent people behind the scenes at SY who are prepared to go out on a limb, not that it did Lenny Harper any good.

lufc50337

Activity : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.13 18:19

PeterMac wrote:How very sad. That presumedly brings the number of suspects down to 37.
And Scotland Yard knew about it all along.
But then the Swiss Police are just Kirschwasser swilling and holey cheese munchers, aren't they.
So perhaps a quick trip to St Gallen is on the books

laugh 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.13 19:24

This article won't copy and paste for me.........

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/the-mccanns-innocent-until-tried-by-the-newspapers-8692535.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.13 19:27

THE INDEPENDENT

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 18 Smith
Joan Smith

Sunday 7 July 2013
The McCanns: Innocent until tried by the newspapers
As British police swoop in six years on, Kate and Gerry McCann face weeks of press chatter

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 18 42-innocentuntiltried-ap

kate and Gerry McCann are being treated with kid gloves by the media

There is often a moment in old-fashioned detective fiction when someone decides to "call in the Yard". Bumbling local cops are sidelined as worldly-wise detectives arrive from London, spotting missed clues and identifying suspects. Hence the sense of déjà vu I experienced a couple of days ago when there was a "breakthrough" in the Madeleine McCann case. Scotland Yard has launched a new investigation, detectives are supposedly about to "swoop" and arrests could be made "within weeks".

The popular press has always treated this abduction as a completely irresistible mystery. Since she disappeared in Portugal in 2007, Madeleine has been "spotted" I don't know how many times, while one "suspect" after another has been dismissed from the inquiry. There is a difference this time, which is that Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, are being treated with kid gloves. I suspect this has more to do with their successful libel action against Express newspapers, in which they were awarded damages of £550,000, than a sudden outbreak of compassion and decency.
In other respects, the announcement produced the usual round of febrile speculation, despite an attempt by Scotland Yard to manage expectations. All we know for certain is that detectives have identified 38 "persons of interest", including known sex offenders, during a lengthy review of the case. Twelve are UK nationals whom the police believe were in Portugal when Madeleine went missing.
But a "person of interest" is not the same as a prime suspect. Logic dictates that most, if not all, of the 38 will turn out to have nothing to do with the case, while the police have been careful to talk about no more than the "possibility" that Madeleine is alive. The review which preceded the inquiry involved 30,500 documents, material collected by both British and Portuguese police forces and the findings of seven private-detective agencies. The fact that so much material has been amassed without producing hard evidence shows how difficult this case is; vital leads are usually generated within hours of a crime, and detectives are dealing with events that took place six years ago.
I'm sure Kate and Gerry McCann, whom I've met on several occasions, are desperately hoping they will finally discover what happened to their daughter. No one who heard their testimony to the Leveson inquiry could doubt how much they've suffered because of the loss of their child, but I can't help wondering about the timing of the decision. It comes after a dreadful few weeks for the Metropolitan Police, whose reputation seems to become ever more battered with every news bulletin.
Already the McCann inquiry has produced headlines suggesting that Scotland Yard will succeed where their Portuguese colleagues failed, but it's a risky strategy. Meanwhile, the McCanns will have to brace themselves for weeks of speculation – and what could be a big test of the conduct of the popular press after the drubbing it received in the Leveson report.
politicalblonde.com; twitter.com/@polblonde
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.13 19:37

Thanks Cherry, a very interesting piece.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 07.07.13 19:45

Very interesting indeed Candyfloss.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 07.07.13 20:05

sally66 wrote:IMO unless you've got inside knowledge nobody knows 100% whether this is a whitewash or a genuine investigation.

As SY want something from the PJ and they  can only try and get by it being an investigation that would explain a lot.

If it is a whitewash  that to me indicates the darkest scenario.

Three successive governments seem to have done their utmost to protect the McCanns and their abduction story. That tells me that it is not in the interest of the government to get to the truth of the matter.What appears to be important is that the 'search for the truth' is seen to be done for the public.

I do believe they are trying to 'put it to bed' because the longer it goes on the more facts will leak out into the public domain. Facts that are constantly misrepresented by the press and other media.
All this recent activity is the art of misdirection, a magicians' trick. Imo whilst we're looking at the left hand, the right hand is holding a big brush dipped in white paint.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 07.07.13 20:10

In a matter of weeks, Tessy May has done what successive Home Secretaries have failed to do- extradite Abu Hamza and Abu Qatada. Let's hope for Maddie's sake she really is on a roll.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.13 20:13

Tigger, if they wanted to 'put it to bed' they would have done so before now, maybe after a year or so. The case was shelved, and put to bed so to speak, yes, the McCanns were pressing for the review, but the Government could have just made the excuse that it was a Portuguese case and they could not get involved. To charge someone and bring a case, whether it be spotty man, bundleman, or anyone else, they are going to have to show, how the crime was committed, by whom, and find Madeleine, whether dead or alive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 07.07.13 20:18

candyfloss wrote:Tigger, if they wanted to 'put it to bed' they would have done so before now, maybe after a year or so.  The case was shelved, and put to bed so to speak, yes, the McCanns were pressing for the review, but the Government could have just made the excuse that it was a Portuguese case and they could not get involved.  To charge someone and bring a case, whether it be spotty man, bundleman, or anyone else, they are going to have to show, how the crime was committed, by whom, and find Madeleine, whether dead or alive.  
Yes indeed Candyfloss, we have had a big fanfare and a request for restraint by the media (bit of an oxymoron) - but nevertheless, if they've got nothing, they are going to have a lot of explaining to do.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 07.07.13 20:21

ShuBob wrote:In a matter of weeks, Tessy May has done what successive Home Secretaries have failed to do- extradite Abu Hamza and Abu Qatada. Let's hope for Maddie's sake she really is on a roll.

Tessa May did NOT, in fact, extradite Abu Hamza. He elected to return to Jordan himself if the UK and Jordon could agree on terms that HE had requested.
He called the shots and could have backed out at any given time if HE had chose to.
And we still have his ruddy wife and kids here costing us a fortune.
Casey5

Activity : 402

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.07.13 20:30

candyfloss wrote:Tigger, if they wanted to 'put it to bed' they would have done so before now, maybe after a year or so.  The case was shelved, and put to bed so to speak, yes, the McCanns were pressing for the review, but the Government could have just made the excuse that it was a Portuguese case and they could not get involved.  To charge someone and bring a case, whether it be spotty man, bundleman, or anyone else, they are going to have to show, how the crime was committed, by whom, and find Madeleine, whether dead or alive.  
You know what, Candyfloss ? Sometimes [just sometimes ...] I am afraid they will produce a Madeleine with just a little fleck in her eye ... nah 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 07.07.13 20:55

Casey5 wrote:
ShuBob wrote:In a matter of weeks, Tessy May has done what successive Home Secretaries have failed to do- extradite Abu Hamza and Abu Qatada. Let's hope for Maddie's sake she really is on a roll.

Tessa May did NOT, in fact, extradite Abu Hamza. He elected to return to Jordan himself if the UK and Jordon could agree on terms that HE had requested.
He called the shots and could have backed out at any given time if HE had chose to.

Hamza chose not to fight his appeals because he knew he would lose. Teresa May seems to have her head screwed on, I think she got the measure of the Mccanns too, so l hope she's proved right.
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 07.07.13 21:50

Casey5 wrote:

Ok. Both Abu Hamza and Abu Qatada LEFT the UK under Home Secretary Tessy May's watch.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 13.07.13 13:00

not a subscriber so can't read any more from  the Times 12/7/2013.

Portugal will aid Yard case on Madeleine

Portugal will co-operate with a new British police inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, the Attorney-General’s office in Lisbon said yesterday.
Scotland Yard said last week that it had identified potential suspects in the case and wanted to open a new international inquiry into Madeleine’s abduction from a holiday apartment on the Algarve in 2007. But Britain has yet to deliver its formal request for assistance to the Portuguese authorities.
A spokesman for the Portuguese Attorney-General’s office said that the country was a signatory to two European treaties on mutual legal assistance:“ Portugal has an international obligation to cooperate in

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 13.07.13 13:48

The Portuguese could only have agreed on one condition, and one condition only....

So there's FRESH hope after all.

P.S.  Can this thread have a change of title please? Every time  I see it I am thinking a new announcement is imminent.......
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyc 13.07.13 18:47

I agree with you aiyoyo, please change the title admin as the current one builds up our hopes only to learn there is nothing new.... for the time being SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 18 3934901622
sammyc
sammyc

Activity : 383

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 13.07.13 19:26

Teresa May is being heavily tipped as the next leader of the Conservative party, and therefore as the next Prime Minister, and therefore as only the second woman Prime Minster . . . . .
She now has Hamza and Qatada as successes, however they were achieve, something which the party opposite and previous Home Secretaries remarkably failed to do.
OK,  the timing is everything, but to be associated with success is always good for a politician.

Now imagine a success in this case.
It can be either - MADELEINE FOUND ALIVE -  here she is posing with Teresa May who granted the funding in the face of opposition because as a married woman blah blah blah
OR
Parents to be prosecuted,   No nonsense Home Secretary has been working behind the scenes to ensure that . . .   The so called extra funding" for this operation is in fact no different from the normal pay the officers would have received anyway.  No extra expense has been incurred, other than a few plane tickets and at last justice has been seen to be done, and the fact the the Opposition politicians had the wool pulled over their eyes for so long it just another demonstration of . . . .
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13.07.13 19:27

sammyc wrote:I agree with you aiyoyo, please change the title admin as the current one builds up our hopes only to learn there is nothing new.... for the time being SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 18 3934901622

Err, it was changed hours ago sammyc.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 13.07.13 19:37

assume they will be joining PJ inspectors for siesta time, sardine lunches if not getting paid for breaks ! why shouldn't they imo good time to brainstorm all their ideas together with a cigar if needed.
sheila.edwards

Activity : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyc 13.07.13 19:45

My apologies Candyfloss, have just caught up with this thread SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 18 769364436
sammyc
sammyc

Activity : 383

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum