The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 16 Mm11

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 16 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 16 Mm11

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 16 Regist10

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 16 Empty Re: SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13

Post by lufc50337 05.07.13 16:21

jeanmonroe wrote:
sally66 wrote:Totally agree Bobbin

And IF it does turn out to be a whitewash all the more reason to keep going, you never know there might one day be a paper that is prepared to print the truth based on the facts

And you'll never know when a copper who still believes in justice and has worked on Operation Grange will maybe resign and turn whistleblower at any given time.

Exactly IMO too many people know the truth for it to stay a secret forever.

And if there is dark forces at work there is always somebody who has nothing to lose or is prepared to take the risk to be a whistleblower

I do believe there are people who want to tell the truth now but daren't, nobody seems to dare be the first to take their finger out of the dam so to speak
lufc50337

Activity : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 05.07.13 16:49

Still here, but waiting for the difference between the SY statement and the Mitchell driven red top front pages to be more clearly discerned.
http://content.met.police.uk/Appeal/Latest-update-on-Madeleine-McCann-case/1400018438045/1257246745782
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, heading Operation Grange said today:
"We, and the Portuguese authorities, remain completely committed to finding out what happened to Madeleine,

From which we may assume he does not know, and we may assume that he does not blindly follow what he has been told by TM, CM, C-R, or anyone else !

He could have said  "We, and the Portuguese authorities, remain completely committed to finding out who kidnapped Madeleine,"
He didn't.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 05.07.13 17:02

sally66 wrote:Totally agree Bobbin

And IF it does turn out to be a whitewash all the more reason to keep going, you never know there might one day be a paper that is prepared to print the truth based on the facts

Exactly, it wont be the end far from it.

I just think the investigation will end with a sex offender being charged.  

I am sorry I just can't twist what was said to be positive.  

Although I have no doubt the guy convicted of killing April Jones was guilty, it shows they could easily get a conviction without a body.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.07.13 17:12

IMO they don't ignore the dogs and they know very well, that someone died in Apt. 5A and to all probability it's Madeleine.

But to be able to lay charges, they will have to proof it's her and the "how, when, why & who".
That's why they say that [non-verbatim] there's no clear and absolute proof that she's dead.

As Peter quite rightly states they don't use the "abducted" anymore, but are committed to find out what happened to her.

And, again IMO, as soon as they have eliminated all present persons of interest, they will be able to get to the core of the case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 05.07.13 18:43

Kepharel wrote:Nice to see the Portuguese playing hardball.  Just goes to show you can never set the bar too low for the MET when they take up the challenge of looking a complete bunch of corrupt idiots.

goodpost 

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 05.07.13 18:56

sally66 wrote:
ShuBob wrote:
Cristobell wrote:Despite what Redwood said yesterday, I doubt very much that the mccanns and the tapas feel home and dry.  They know what happened that night and the chances are a full Scotland Yard investigation will get to the bottom of it.

I think their reaction to the news yesterday tells it's own story.

I still don't know what to think but I did think the McCanns reaction was very restrained which gives a glimmer of hope

I can see the argument for whitewash and true investigation but unless  somembody in the know drops us a clue I have no idea

How more clear of a clue do you want from Andy, than the parents and friends are not amongst the people of interest or the suspects. The same thing as he said months ago.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by lufc50337 05.07.13 19:04

lj wrote:
sally66 wrote:
ShuBob wrote:
Cristobell wrote:Despite what Redwood said yesterday, I doubt very much that the mccanns and the tapas feel home and dry.  They know what happened that night and the chances are a full Scotland Yard investigation will get to the bottom of it.

I think their reaction to the news yesterday tells it's own story.

I still don't know what to think but I did think the McCanns reaction was very restrained which gives a glimmer of hope

I can see the argument for whitewash and true investigation but unless  somembody in the know drops us a clue I have no idea

Lj
How more clear of a clue do you want from Andy, than the parents and friends are not amongst the people of interest or the suspects. The same thing as he said months ago.[/. quote]

Sally66
It could be argued that the PJ said that in August 2007 and took them in Sept 2007

They aren't going to say the McCanns and their friends are suspects whether they are or aren't
lufc50337

Activity : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 05.07.13 20:13

if this statement from SY is on the forum please delete :   [ bold mine ]

04 July 2013

Incident Date
03/05/2007

Incident Location
Praia da Luz , Portugal

Description
Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Service conducting the investigative review into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have now moved to an investigative stage of the inquiry.

Over the past two years the review, whilst not complete, has been in a unique position having drawn together material from the UK, Portugal and private investigators from seven different companies.

This process has been complex and issues such as translation of material have presented particular challenges. To date some 30,500 documents have entered into the process which has generated in excess of 3,800 actions. The actions that we have completed have generated new findings and new witness evidence.

Our review has sought to prioritise the material, ensuring we are doing everything possible to understand what happened to Madeleine. In the absence of any clear evidence to the contrary we maintain our belief that Madeleine may still be alive.

The MPS has conducted sixteen visits to Portugal and we have met and shared our findings with key members of both the Policia Judiciaria and Judicial Authorities. Our relationship is positive and we are grateful for the co-operation we have received thus far.

We are satisfied that our review has now progressed to a position where we have identified 38 persons of interest. These individuals are from a number of European countries and we are now at an advanced stage of dialogue with each country.

Over the coming months we will be conducting assertive enquiries, with the assistance of host countries to establish more information about the individuals concerned and any potential involvement.

Twelve of the persons of interest are UK Nationals who we believe were in Portugal at the time Madeleine went missing.

Officers, under Operation Grange, have formally requested the Crown Prosecution Service submit an International Letter of Request to the Portuguese Authorities seeking assistance in obtaining evidence relating to lines of enquiry they wish to pursue. This has been done with the full support of the UK Government.

The MPS has requested, in accordance with accepted Mutual Assistance practice, that a small number of UK officers are present in Portugal whilst the enquiries are undertaken.

The MPS will be as open as our operational priorities allow but in the context of this complex operating environment we appeal for media restraint. There is a real risk that a lack of restraint could serve to seriously undermine our ability to progress.

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, heading Operation Grange said today:

"We, and the Portuguese authorities, remain completely committed to finding out what happened to Madeleine, and everything we do is utterly focused on her best interests.

"We continue to believe that there is a possibility that Madeleine is alive.

"It is a positive step in our hunt for Madeleine that our understanding of the evidence has enabled us to shift from review to investigation.

"We have identified 38 persons of interest from a number of European countries. Twelve of those people are UK Nationals who we believe were in Portugal at the time Madeleine disappeared.

"Our working relationship with the Portuguese police is positive and now that we have moved to investigation we are requesting further specific assistance through normal judicial routes.

"We remain in close contact with Kate and Gerry McCann and they are updated on our current position.

"We continue to appeal for information. If you were at the resort of Praia da Luz between 28 April and 3 May 2007, either on holiday or in residence in the resort during this period, particularly in the vicinity of the Ocean Club, and you have not been spoken to by police either here or in Portugal then please call us on 0800 0961011 if you are within the UK.

note........ not " what happened to Madeleine after she was abducted."
 note........no mention of abduction at all.

note    hunt for Madeleine. who may be alive or as he said earlier, sadly dead. So they include trying to find her body if she is sadly deceased.
  he does not use search, but hunt which implies a sense of urgency at this stage of proceedings
 BBC: Madeleine McCann announcement at 14:00, 04 July 2013

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 05.07.13 22:21

it does seem like taking two steps forwards then three back or long road when could have got short cut, but just think its a full investigation now,and he did seem to put maddy centre stage ( ? soothing couple)they have all info.updated, imo on re-reading, think they will sort it all out in end!
sheila.edwards

Activity : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.07.13 22:25

Tomorrow Express

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 16 BOcF9mHCMAE0Say
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils 05.07.13 22:25

Cristobell wrote: the mccanns only mentioned bringing the 'abductor' to trial, there was no reference to Madeleine being alive and brought home.

I'm just catching up with this thread - jumping in to say that what Cristobell pointed out stuck out like a sore thumb to me, when I read what the McCanns' views are (being portrayed as.)
Lance De Boils
Lance De Boils

Activity : 1053

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.07.13 22:29

"We remain in close contact with Kate and Gerry McCann and they are updated on our current position."
Says it all [to me ...].
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 05.07.13 22:30

I am sorry I just cannot subscribe to the twisting of what has been said.

It was clear they are looking for an abductor, the investigation said it from the start.

It has been going on for two years, the Tapas group and McCann's are still in the same place legally they have been for the last 5 years.

It was very clear in the statement they are not suspects as far as this investigation goes.  It is tough to accept with all the evidence collected and the statements translated.  

I am as deflated as anyone else that the evidence of the forensics and the dogs seems to mean nothing.  Although the investigation is not concluded you have to admit it is looking pretty dire.

A few weeks back we had the British cleaners and the soothing couple.  I really see nothing to even remotely suggest that the McCann's or friends are going to be questioned or charged with anything.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 05.07.13 22:37

my intention not to twist anything or put a spin on it... the statement from SY did not mention abduction, that is a fact. Imo it was carefully constructed.
  re the Express front page.........what did the Met say re media restraint? Why would they announce to the press that arrests can be expected possibly within weeks, rather than just get on and do it and announce as they happen?

If the Met have given the go ahead for the Express to run this headline, there is not a chance imo that the police believe that Madeleine is alive.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 05.07.13 22:39

Châtelaine wrote:"We remain in close contact with Kate and Gerry McCann and they are updated on our current position."
Says it all [to me ...].

can you elaborate please ?

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 05.07.13 22:53

It might be worth beginning a new topic on how the media show restraint as requested by SY yesterday ...this latest

Today's 'The Sun' Editorial:,

Maddie  hope

It is heartbreaking that the hunt for Madeleine McCann fell to a squad of clowns
from the Portuguese police.

Blinded by their prejudice against the parents, they simply gave up.
  British police haven't found her either. But after a two-year enquiry signed off by
David Cameron they are closer than ever to the truth and have 38 new suspects.
 Madeleine may never be seen again. One cop believes the Met's inquiry is her last chance.
But it's not. Natascha Kampusch was found in Austria after eight years. Three women were
found in Cleveland after a decade.
Jaycee Lee Dugard was found after 18 YEARS in California.
 It is true they were all older than Madeleine when they were snatched.
But these miraculous happy endings will forever be a glimmer of hope.

ands this from Mark Williams- Thomas

Local cops help is vital  

my view

By MARK WILLIAMS-THOMAS
ex-cop and child crime expert

THIS is the Met saying to the Portuguese police:
"We're going to look to solve a crime in your country you failed to solve."
  I would love to think this will provide the answers to what happened
to Madeleine. But this will only be possible if the Portuguese police work
hand in hand with the British police.
 Given how different the countries' laws are and the way both forces work,
this will be no easy task.
 I can't see it happening - but I hope I am wrong.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.07.13 23:07

russiandoll wrote: [...] here is not a chance imo that the police believe that Madeleine is alive.
IMO too. I'm convinced they don't believe that.
We must have patience. The wheels of justice turn slowly, but surely.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 05.07.13 23:08

Have no fear, Hamish campbell was here lol!

Says it all really.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.07.13 23:12

russiandoll wrote: [...] this from Mark Williams- Thomas

Local cops help is vital  

my view

By MARK WILLIAMS-THOMAS
ex-cop and child crime expert

THIS is the Met saying to the Portuguese police:
"We're going to look to solve a crime in your country you failed to solve."
  I would love to think this will provide the answers to what happened
to Madeleine. But this will only be possible if the Portuguese police work
hand in hand with the British police.
 Given how different the countries' laws are and the way both forces work,
this will be no easy task.
 I can't see it happening - but I hope I am wrong.
Every time, nothing personal M W-T, I read such messages, I get cold shivers and red pimples ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 05.07.13 23:15

re     It is heartbreaking that the hunt for Madeleine McCann fell to a squad of clowns
from the Portuguese police.

it's deja vu , tabloid 2007 style. remember Tony Parson's insults to the PJ ?

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 05.07.13 23:20

candyfloss wrote:Tomorrow Express

Can't arrest a dead paedo can they?
On the other hand.........this is SY we're talking about.
Shovels at the ready, Sarge!
Howz about SY giving future suspects a few weeks notice before they arrest them.
I'm sure the suspects will be still there after reading this front page, don't you?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

SY ANNOUNCEMENT 2pm 4/7/13 - Page 16 Empty arrests

Post by marconi 05.07.13 23:32

jeanmonroe wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Tomorrow Express

Can't arrest a dead paedo can they?
On the other hand.........this is SY we're talking about.
Shovels at the ready, Sarge!
Howz about SY giving future suspects a few weeks notice before they arrest them.
I'm sure the suspects will be still there after reading this front page, don't you?

is that as true as the McCanns splitting up?
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.07.13 23:34

I think that's a fair bet, yes!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sheila.edwards 05.07.13 23:47

agree chatelaine, we must have patience wheels of justice turn slowly. IMO now, there is absolutely no way this can be whitewash now, and it will all be solved in the end investigation.thumbsup
sheila.edwards

Activity : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 06.07.13 0:04

in view of what Mr. Lee Rainbow said about the inconsistency in statement of Maddi'es father, how can the investigation team not re-interview them?

How can detectives investigate a crime if they do not interview the people who reported it? Doesn't make sense to me.

plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum