The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Police to dig into Kate and Gerry McCann's past Mm11

Police to dig into Kate and Gerry McCann's past Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Police to dig into Kate and Gerry McCann's past Mm11

Police to dig into Kate and Gerry McCann's past Regist10

Police to dig into Kate and Gerry McCann's past

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Police to dig into Kate and Gerry McCann's past Empty Police to dig into Kate and Gerry McCann's past

Post by Guest 03.07.13 12:40

Last updated at 06:45 15 October 2007

British detectives have been asked to investigate the backgrounds of Kate and Gerry McCann.
Police in Strathclyde are to dig into the couple's university days 20 years ago and contact former friends and colleagues from their time in Scotland, where they first met.
Detectives in Portugal hope the probe might uncover something in the McCanns' past which could shed light on the case, the Sunday Mirror reported.

The request - made via Europol - was part of the root-and-branch review of the case ordered by its new head, Paulo Rebelo, and the first interviews could be carried out next week.
Strathclyde police refused to comment but a source told the newspaper: 'It's a back-to-basics check. We've been asked to trawl the backgrounds of the McCanns to build up a full picture of their lives right back to university.
'It is a full check on their lives to see exactly what type of people they are.'
Mrs McCann was nicknamed 'Hot Lips Healy' during her student days at Dundee University, according to her year book

Kate Healy, as she was then, was one of the most popular students in the medical department, where classmates said the Liverpudlian loved parties and trips to the pub, but still passed all her exams with ease.
Her year book entry read: 'Renowned for frequently indulging in alcoholic binges and "dance till you drop" nocturnal activities, she immediately led the rest of her fellow colleagues astray.
'Hot Lips Healy maintained a consistent Friday night appearance in the Union throughout the whole of first year.'
Mr McCann, the son of an Irish-born joiner, studied at Glasgow University and moved out of his parents' tenement flat in Govanhill to share a flat with five friends.
The couple met in Glasgow's Western Infirmary in 1992 after finishing their medical degrees, but did not begin dating until 1996. They married in Liverpool in 1998

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

OMG Hot Lips Healy.Very telling don't you think?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Police to dig into Kate and Gerry McCann's past Empty Re: Police to dig into Kate and Gerry McCann's past

Post by Guest 03.07.13 13:21

....and there was I thinking what a shy delicate flower Kate has always been!

This was if I recall the only bit of gossip that emerged about either her or Gerry before journalists were reprogrammed to print absolutely nothing which might give the impression that they were not the most wonderful people who ever lived.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Police to dig into Kate and Gerry McCann's past Empty Re: Police to dig into Kate and Gerry McCann's past

Post by bobbin 03.07.13 15:06

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:....and there was I thinking what a shy delicate flower Kate has always been!

This was if I recall the only bit of gossip that emerged about either her or Gerry before journalists were reprogrammed to print absolutely nothing which might give the impression that they were not the most wonderful people who ever lived.
There was a blogger on 3Arguidos called "otlipseeley". I could never work the pronunciation out, reading it as otlip seeley. The penny dropped at a much later stage.big grin 
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 03.07.13 15:46

I was a dance until I dropped student, not a great drinker though, but then I never associated the nickname "hotlips" with either dancing or drinking. It was always to do with being a good kisser or being generally sexy. 
 Kate might have got that name from the blonde character in the series " M.A.S.H." ,  a black comedy [ also a film] about army medics abroad.  "Hotlips Houlihan" was an army head nurse, an attractive blonde, rather more voluptuous than Kate, and famous for her curvy rear end.

The character of "Hot Lips" was inspired by real-life Korean War MASH head nurse Hotlips Hammerly, also a very attractive blonde, of the same disposition.[citation needed] Also, Hot Lips was based on a real-life Korean War MASH head nurse by the name of Janie Hall. Mrs. Hall, with her true accounts and stories from the zone, is actually noted as a major contributor to the character and show.[5] Over the run of the show, Margaret mellowed from a completely rigid, "by-the-book" head nurse (who was also not above using her romantic contacts with superior officers in attempts to get her way, nor occasionally going against regulations for her personal benefit), to a more relaxed member of the cast who tempered her authority with humanity

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 03.07.13 16:01

russiandoll wrote:I was a dance until I dropped student, not a great drinker though, but then I never associated the nickname "hotlips" with either dancing or drinking. It was always to do with being a good kisser. 
 Kate might have got that name from the blonde character in the series " M.A.S.H." ,  a black comedy [ also a film] about army medics abroad.

What a fantastic series "MASH" was, I never missed it.  Hot Lips Houlihan bio -

Major Margaret "Hot Lips" Houlihan was a fictional character first created in the book M*A*S*H: A Novel About Three Army Doctors by Richard Hooker. Actress Sally Kellerman portrayed her in the Robert Altman film adaptation (where the character was renamed "O'Houlihan"; however, like many of the M*A*S*H* characters, Hot Lips is probably best known from the television series, where her part was played by actress Loretta Swit. Having the advantage of an 11-year run on television, Swit's Houlihan became a significantly more developed character than originally portrayed in the film by actress Sally Kellerman, in many ways demonstrating characteristics that would have been almost antithetical to the cinematic Hot Lips.

The character of "Hotlips Houlihan" was inspired by real-life Korean War MASH head nurse "Hotlips Hammerly," also a very attractive blonde, of the same disposition, and also from El Paso, Texas

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Photo of Hotlips Hammerly (I must say she's a bit of a disappointment having the nickname "hot Lips", Loretta Swit was more up to the task - a real stunner):

I can't imagine why Kate McCann got the nickname, perhaps she was a good kisser.  Could Gerry fill us in on that perhaps.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03.07.13 16:02

hi to the poster here who uses the name Hot Lips Healy.

Kate's nickname could well have come from the TV show which was screened in the 1980s when she would have been a student.

Here's a clip of the TV Hot Lips.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 03.07.13 16:04

maybe Kate ate a lot of curry before kissing the boys and bringing tears to their eyes........big grin

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 03.07.13 16:06

russiandoll wrote:I was a dance until I dropped student, not a great drinker though, but then I never associated the nickname "hotlips" with either dancing or drinking. It was always to do with being a good kisser or being generally sexy. 
 Kate might have got that name from the blonde character in the series " M.A.S.H." ,  a black comedy [ also a film] about army medics abroad.  "Hotlips Houlihan" was an army head nurse, an attractive blonde, rather more voluptuous than Kate, and famous for her curvy rear end.

The character of "Hot Lips" was inspired by real-life Korean War MASH head nurse Hotlips Hammerly, also a very attractive blonde, of the same disposition.[citation needed] Also, Hot Lips was based on a real-life Korean War MASH head nurse by the name of Janie Hall. Mrs. Hall, with her true accounts and stories from the zone, is actually noted as a major contributor to the character and show.[5] Over the run of the show, Margaret mellowed from a completely rigid, "by-the-book" head nurse (who was also not above using her romantic contacts with superior officers in attempts to get her way, nor occasionally going against regulations for her personal benefit), to a more relaxed member of the cast who tempered her authority with humanity

russiandoll, our posts clashed at the same time, I found a photo of Hotlips Hammerly but not the info on her you found.  Well done.

ETA: Having read your post again, the penny has just dropped as to why Kate McCann may have got that nickname.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 04.07.13 8:21

Or could the nickname have been acquired because she was the opposite of 'hotlips'? In the same way that someone tall can acquire the nickname 'shorty'.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 04.07.13 14:15

'Renowned for frequently indulging in alcoholic binges and "dance till you drop" nocturnal activities, she immediately led the rest of her fellow colleagues astray.

That explains the "we have all been there" remark.

I am still convinced that alcohol played a major role in what happened. They all had had so much they would not have been able to drive a car.

If you're unfit to drive a car, do you think you are able to take good decisions about your children's welfare??

No Kepharel being drunk is not proof that you are involved in your daughter's disappearance, but it increases the possibility that something "bad" happens.

lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top