The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Lost in the mists of time...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lost in the mists of time...

Post by juliet on 02.07.13 21:32

Many things which were discussed years ago have been forgotten. Maybe they should be lost in the mists of time. But maybe they should be recalled.
I remember, for instance, the bloody footprint (size 5?) found in 5C.  That was never explained properly IIRC.
Also, the rumour that Kate and Gerry had a row one night and Kate fled to Murat's house. Remember that?
Also the early reports were that Jane Tanner and Kate were big friends, and supported each other through their pregnancies. That changed into "we hardly knew each other".
As a by the by, I have never understood why Dianne Webster claimed she slept on some put-u-up in the Payne aparment living room, rather than with the eldest Payne child in the two-bed bedroom. I understand both the Payne children were in cots, possibly in the bedroom with Dave and Fiona. So why was ma-in-law in the living room? Because half a dozen children were in the bedroom, in a dormitory?
avatar
juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost in the mists of time...

Post by juliet on 02.07.13 22:29

Those pictures of Gerry with a suitcase. Have they disappeared? And the fact Bell Pottinger were  running some sort of ad/PR drill at P de L that very week. Woolfall claimed he looked through Kate's camera for full face photos. He claimed they didn't say it was abudction. He didn't seem to have come up with any photos at all.
avatar
juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost in the mists of time...

Post by tigger on 03.07.13 18:41

@juliet wrote:Those pictures of Gerry with a suitcase. Have they disappeared? And the fact Bell Pottinger were  running some sort of ad/PR drill at P de L that very week. Woolfall claimed he looked through Kate's camera for full face photos. He claimed they didn't say it was abudction. He didn't seem to have come up with any photos at all.

I know nothing about either of these things. What about that PR drill? That's very interesting. It reminds me of the curious coincidence of drills in Boston, on  9/11 and  7/7.
Seems to be the very same MO.

Woolfall was at work amazingly fast. Allegedly he flew out on the 4th. What if he was there already for the 'drill'?

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 40
Join date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost in the mists of time...

Post by bobbin on 03.07.13 21:56

@tigger wrote:
@juliet wrote:Those pictures of Gerry with a suitcase. Have they disappeared? And the fact Bell Pottinger were  running some sort of ad/PR drill at P de L that very week. Woolfall claimed he looked through Kate's camera for full face photos. He claimed they didn't say it was abudction. He didn't seem to have come up with any photos at all.

I know nothing about either of these things. What about that PR drill? That's very interesting. It reminds me of the curious coincidence of drills in Boston, on  9/11 and  7/7.
Seems to be the very same MO.

Woolfall was at work amazingly fast. Allegedly he flew out on the 4th. What if he was there already for the 'drill'?
Would he have had a flip chart? I still can't understand how an ordinary holiday place would have a flip chart for Gerry to write his 'bigger agenda' page on.

bobbin

Posts : 2038
Reputation : 134
Join date : 2011-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost in the mists of time...

Post by jd on 04.07.13 1:05

@tigger wrote:
@juliet wrote:Those pictures of Gerry with a suitcase. Have they disappeared? And the fact Bell Pottinger were  running some sort of ad/PR drill at P de L that very week. Woolfall claimed he looked through Kate's camera for full face photos. He claimed they didn't say it was abudction. He didn't seem to have come up with any photos at all.

I know nothing about either of these things. What about that PR drill? That's very interesting. It reminds me of the curious coincidence of drills in Boston, on  9/11 and  7/7.
Seems to be the very same MO.

Woolfall was at work amazingly fast. Allegedly he flew out on the 4th. What if he was there already for the 'drill'?

A mock drill is very interesting. Is there any proof they were running one that week?

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare
avatar
jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2011-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost in the mists of time...

Post by Guest on 04.07.13 10:10

If there had been a rehearsal of the "abduction" prior to 3rd May, you'd think it would have gone better on the night than it did! 

The best laid schemes of mice and men......
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lost in the mists of time...

Post by jd on 08.07.13 13:28

A few observations:

If the wilkins were specialised in creating crime reconstruction scenes, this could add weight to a mock drill

Also, robert murat famous comment 'this is the biggest c*** up in history" also could be implying a mock drill that didn't go to plan

____________________
Who pulled the strings?...THE SYMINGTONS..And the Scottish connections...Look no further if you dare
avatar
jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2011-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost in the mists of time...

Post by Newintown on 08.07.13 13:37

@jd wrote:A few observations:

If the wilkins were specialised in creating crime reconstruction scenes, this could add weight to a mock drill

Also, robert murat famous comment 'this is the biggest c*** up in history" also could be implying a mock drill that didn't go to plan

It could also account for a large number of medical/NHS people being there, to carry out a rehearsal for a holiday resort disaster (not including Madeleine's disappearance, or could it, I'm confusing myself now big grin ) and why the Government/Gordon Brown announced that it was of "national security".

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

avatar
Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost in the mists of time...

Post by Pershing36 on 08.07.13 14:10

Interesting on another forum, somebody brought up the dogs and it was a case of 'dogs?'.  Then another person thought they were dining at the Millennium restaurant.  

To be honest you could have spent the whole thread going back through past events, most agree on the neglect that sticks in their minds.  But the rest of it has faded into time.

Most probably the reason Redwood is making such ridiculous statements and getting away with it.
avatar
Pershing36

Posts : 673
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-12-03

Back to top Go down

pr exercise

Post by juliet on 09.07.13 21:42

Not a drill exactly, but I am certain that Bell Pottinger was already at PdL when Madeleine went missing, doing a week long PR exercise for Mark Warner/Ocean club.Of course, I can't find it on the internet now...but does it ring any bells for others?  Woolfall's role imo was well dodgy. He immediately reversed the abduction story, saying "no-one is saying that" and then went into that long spiel about looking for photos on Kate's camera. Yet seemed to find nothing.

Another thing often forgotten - David Payne's brother in law or some such coming up with throwaway mobile phones the next day...
avatar
juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

And another thing..

Post by juliet on 09.07.13 21:54

What got me interested in all this right from the start is that the Madeleine the McCanns claimed to be in the "Christmas 2006" video couldn't have been the Madeleine of PdL or the Everton photos, or the birthday in the long red dress photos.
It would have been quite simply impossible for the child's hair to grow from a shortish bob to long within a few months.
avatar
juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost in the mists of time...

Post by aquila on 09.07.13 23:42

Not sure if this the correct thread but it's info from May 2007.

Snipped from mccanfiles

"The McCanns were among around ten British people who have been re-interviewed by police in recent days to clarify their statements.

This week some of the witnesses are expected to appear in court behind closed doors to record their evidence before they go back to the UK.

The McCanns themselves are not expected to be asked to take part.

The procedure, known as "memory for the future", means taped statements can be shown during a future trial so the witnesses do not have to return to appear in court."

I wonder if the PJ have released these interviews to SY yet. I wonder who knows who these witnesses are.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8448
Reputation : 1552
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost in the mists of time...

Post by guest. on 10.07.13 0:48

@aquila wrote:Not sure if this the correct thread but it's info from May 2007.

Snipped from mccanfiles

"The McCanns were among around ten British people who have been re-interviewed by police in recent days to clarify their statements.

This week some of the witnesses are expected to appear in court behind closed doors to record their evidence before they go back to the UK.

The McCanns themselves are not expected to be asked to take part.

The procedure, known as "memory for the future", means taped statements can be shown during a future trial so the witnesses do not have to return to appear in court."

I wonder if the PJ have released these interviews to SY yet. I wonder who knows who these witnesses are.

Wonder who the additional 3 are if the others are the Tapas 7

There has been mention of Tapas 12 in the past

PJ could have withheld some bookings or some could have been staying in a private villa

guest.

Posts : 322
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-08-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost in the mists of time...

Post by tigger on 10.07.13 5:22

sally66 wrote:
@aquila wrote:Not sure if this the correct thread but it's info from May 2007.

Snipped from mccanfiles

"The McCanns were among around ten British people who have been re-interviewed by police in recent days to clarify their statements.

This week some of the witnesses are expected to appear in court behind closed doors to record their evidence before they go back to the UK.

The McCanns themselves are not expected to be asked to take part.

The procedure, known as "memory for the future", means taped statements can be shown during a future trial so the witnesses do not have to return to appear in court."

I wonder if the PJ have released these interviews to SY yet. I wonder who knows who these witnesses are.

Wonder who the additional 3 are if the others are the Tapas 7

There has been mention of Tapas 12 in the past

PJ could have withheld some bookings or some could have been staying in a private villa

I understand that these video statements have the same validity as a personal appearance of a witness in court under oath. So it would be impossible to change such a statement at a later date, having already told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
avatar
tigger

Posts : 8114
Reputation : 40
Join date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost in the mists of time...

Post by guest. on 10.07.13 10:00

Have just been reading the rotatory interviews and DW said 2 mini buses took them to the airport and FP 1 mini bus

IMO others did go, I'm looking for a gap in their timetable for the week for a possible conference

A lot of medical people and Stemcor produce surgical instruments

guest.

Posts : 322
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-08-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost in the mists of time...

Post by aquila on 10.07.13 10:04

@tigger wrote:
sally66 wrote:
@aquila wrote:Not sure if this the correct thread but it's info from May 2007.

Snipped from mccanfiles

"The McCanns were among around ten British people who have been re-interviewed by police in recent days to clarify their statements.

This week some of the witnesses are expected to appear in court behind closed doors to record their evidence before they go back to the UK.

The McCanns themselves are not expected to be asked to take part.

The procedure, known as "memory for the future", means taped statements can be shown during a future trial so the witnesses do not have to return to appear in court."

I wonder if the PJ have released these interviews to SY yet. I wonder who knows who these witnesses are.

Wonder who the additional 3 are if the others are the Tapas 7

There has been mention of Tapas 12 in the past

PJ could have withheld some bookings or some could have been staying in a private villa

I understand that these video statements have the same validity as a personal appearance of a witness in court under oath. So it would be impossible to change such a statement at a later date, having already told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

That's my understanding too Tigger.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8448
Reputation : 1552
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

All these media and TV filming and PR people as WELL as medics there...

Post by comperedna on 10.07.13 14:51

I seem to remember a report of Diane Webster sitting alone at a table in the Tapas bar after the hoo-ha over the disappearance of Madeleine had just been called, when everyone else had rushed off, saying in a bemused fashion something to the effect that 'knowing them' she had 'expected something to happen... but not this!'

Anyone else remember this? Did it happen in reality? Was it just some false newspaper report?

Silly idea of the week... Maybe they were going to make some Crimewatch style mini-documentary on child abduction in Portugal, but were thwarted when a truly awful REAL event intervened.

comperedna

Posts : 699
Reputation : 53
Join date : 2012-10-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost in the mists of time...

Post by Guest on 10.07.13 14:54

comperedna5 wrote:I seem to remember a report of Diane Webster sitting alone at a table in the Tapas bar after the hoo-ha over the disappearance of Madeleine had just been called, when everyone else had rushed off, saying in a bemused fashion something to the effect that 'knowing them' she had 'expected something to happen... but not this!'

Anyone else remember this? Did it happen in reality? Was it just some false newspaper report?

Silly idea of the week... Maybe they were going to make some Crimewatch style mini-documentary on child abduction in Portugal, but were thwarted when a truly awful REAL event intervened.

I think IIRC that was David Payne, and he was talking about the McCanns being made arguidos.

Diane Webster said something like she thought it was another one of their games, again IIRC.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum