The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

$64,000 question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

$64,000 question

Post by russiandoll on 01.07.13 9:22

This is being typed seconds after a thought entered my mind, so apologies if it appears somewhat " stream of consciousness" !

The word " check" appeared in my head. Then I thought about how I have always suspected that the truth of what happened lies in those early witness statements,  buried beneath all the smoke and mirrors of the aftermath.

Then I thought...check the statements, again. Then I thought check the checking.

Is there any mention anywhere by either McCann parent, that as well as checking the children during dinner, they CHECKED THE CHILDREN before going to bed?
 I know that on 3rd there is a ref to Gerry taking a look in the children's room before they left, some time after stories and settling down time. I think Kate said this, then they left 5a for their usual tapas dinner.
-
 At any time does either McCann speak of RETURNING FROM DINNER and LOOKING IN ON THE CHILDREN before they turned in for the night?
 I can't recall reading or hearing any reference to this. I would have thought it is what most parents of toddlers do at home, and certainly on holiday I would have thought that as the McCanns were nothing if not creatures of routine, especially Kate, this pre- bed last look- in, leading if slightly tipsy to more than one sentimental loving look and proud parent moment, would have been part of the routine.

If not, if forgotten even on one evening due to drink, distraction, desire for one another... there could have been an accident in the children's room not discovered until the following morning. How much the twins would have been aware of is a big question, depending on where an unconscious or fatally injured Maddie was in that room. Given their age, it is probable they would not have been aware of what was going on.

The twins would not have seen their sister the next morning had she gone to the lounge area while her parents were out, climbed on the sofa and fallen behind it. The parents would have searched frantically for a missing Maddie, having found her gone in the morning, just as Kate said she did at 10 pm on the 3rd, looking even in impossible places, then finding her behind the sofa.

Why did Kate want it on record I have always wondered, that she slept in the children's room one night, the Wednesday iirc?  Had she gone to bed angry with Gerry and not realised that her child was not in her bed? Was this why Maddie had to be present the next morning, hence the breakfast time why didn't you come when we were crying?

The question is, if this was the scenario, what evening did this undiscovered-for- hours accident happen?
 Kate is notoriously silent about Monday 30th April and Wednesday 2nd May is also a day they seem to want to wipe from history.
 Could the accident have happened the very first evening, Sunday 29th, when there was panic perhaps from a little girl who did not want to be left alone , who was not told that she would be left alone and woke up scared? Found 30th... hence silence over this day. Is the reason 2nd is almost erased from the account because this was the day when the child was removed, the planning having taken place 30th and 1st?
 Or did Kate truly sleep in the child's room 2nd, unaware that her eldest child was lying not sound asleep and safe in her bed, but dead or dying but not beyond help, had she been found immediately........... the couple aware of the tragedy of that minor tiff as Kate called it [ I have never heard any reference to it by Gerry, too guilty to mention it because of its tragic consequences? ]
 Consider for a minute......you go back to your apartment, so angry with your partner that you do not want to share a bed....[ we have all been there I would wager ]... you go straight to bed in the kids' room, walking right past an empty bed, wake up the next morning to find someone is not where she should be, she has not climbed into bed with your partner next door..........then after both frantically searching you discover her and to make the tragedy worse, realise  by the nature of her injuries that if you had ONLY CHECKED THE CHILDREN BEFORE GOING TO SLEEP the tragedy might not have happened, there might have been a chance of  treatment and recovery.

and it all happened because the pair of you stupidly and selfishly left your children unsupervised while you went out, putting your own desires before their welfare.
 added to which neither your partner , nor you who followed him into your apartment soon afterwards, took 30 seconds to look into a bedroom and at all your sleeping children.
 Tragic indeed.
 But reverting to type........you then both decided to put self -interest before what was right and proper.

That extent of moral cowardice is truly tragic also.

Apologies again for the way the above has been written, straight from my head on to the page.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: $64,000 question

Post by suzyjohnson on 01.07.13 9:47

russiandoll, this is pretty much the same theory which is being discussed on the thread Madeleine McCann A Theory

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 01.07.13 9:49

Have a look at the thread
Madeleine McCann a Theory

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 01.07.13 10:02

Thanks to you both for the pointer, will do later when I have some time. Am doing mostly a catch- up as it is surprising how much has been missed in the fortnight I was without a computer, especially with the CPS visit having come to light during that time.
 I am guessing that maybe Johanna's theory which I read a long time ago somewhere on the forum[ I follow her on twitter] is being debated on the forum now? Great news, because what she concludes is plausible and fits the statements.

It seems I had forgotten then  that she wrote about a long delay in finding Maddie..... can either of you confirm whether I am correct in my belief that neither McCann parent has ever mentioned one last check.......before they turned in?

It just was glaring out suddenly to me as I was reading again......and if they never checked at this time, or did but tragically missed the CRUCIAL CHECK then that would explain a lot.

I am no conspiracy theorist. I still believe that something mundane ended in tragedy. And while my ramblings might be off the mark, even well off the mark, given the statements and the book, it is credible imo that something like this happened.
 will read what you suggest with interest, thanks again !

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 01.07.13 10:33

I don't recall reading anywhere that they did check before they went to bed, possibly that was unnecessary to state as I think most of us do that, possibly they usually did but didn't that particular night. Whichever way you look at it though, that is a plausible theory. Johanna's theory is that an accident happened on the Wednesday night, but while KM was still at the apartment, before the Tapas, but there are several ideas relating to what happened on the Wed night in the discussion on the MM A Theory thread.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 on 01.07.13 11:13

Yes this has been spoken off before ,I suggested too ,cant recall which site . cant recall what came from that and by who,it does seem to be a chance amongst all the rest .Shall we ever know ? I doubt it somehow ,even when people are charged and sent to prison ,they rarely give details of what and how it happened . joyce1938
joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 01.07.13 11:15

I have no theories. I only have the small amount of facts released. From those released facts I can't find a credible reason why the McCanns sought (and understood how to seek immediately) the largest amount of governmental support and media coverage. I can't understand why with the best in the world investigative resources from Portugal, UK and USA and all the international agencies that a little girl of three years old coming up to her fourth birthday hasn't been found.

I can't understand why a certain charity for missing people latch onto the the mother of Madeleine, making her an ambassador and claim the disappearance of Madeleine as almost iconic in the search for missing children when it's clearly not the norm in cases of missing children.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by guest. on 01.07.13 11:32

Doesn't GA say the last definite sighting of M was 17:30pm on the 3rd May?

He must have his reasons for saying that and I believe it will be more credible than the nannies

I do believe there was something odd about that week which is causing confusion

Diane Webster remains a mystery to me, and I tend to think she is telling the truth regarding M.

guest.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia on 01.07.13 15:29

sally66 wrote:Doesn't GA say the last definite sighting of M was 17:30pm on the 3rd May?

He must have his reasons for saying that and I believe it will be more credible than the nannies

Diane Webster remains a mystery to me, and I tend to think she is telling the truth regarding M.

Yes GA said that. He didn't explained why ( IMO it was the cleaning lady sighting but again IMO that's not a definitive sighting because she could be confused ). Again as pointed before, GA must have a good reason for stating that, since in the official files it's stated the date of the 3rd for her death/ accident.
I've said before that this particular statement of GA is the only thing in which I don't agree with him.
As you said Sally, that whole week is odd starting right in the airport bus comment by Gerry.

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by guest. on 01.07.13 19:05

@Ayniia wrote:
sally66 wrote:Doesn't GA say the last definite sighting of M was 17:30pm on the 3rd May?

Yes GA said that. He didn't explained why ( IMO it was the cleaning lady sighting but again IMO that's not a definitive sighting because she could be confused ). Again as pointed before, GA must have a good reason for stating that, since in the official files it's stated the date of the 3rd for her death/ accident.
I've said before that this particular statement of GA is the only thing in which I don't agree with him.
As you said Sally, that whole week is odd starting right in the airport bus comment by Gerry.

IMO he has something concrete for that time and that's the only reason I don't think she'd gone earlier although it would be feasible for something to have occurred earlier with the consequences being on the 3rd but GA is so definite about it occurring 3rd and as he is privelidge to information wer're not I accept his statement although I do understand why others don't. There is so much not right with the whole week but maybe that is for other reasons.

guest.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum