The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Post by sonic72 on 15.06.13 15:27

@jd wrote:
@sonic72 wrote:I can't believe they still haven't solved this case, what do they do with their time?! Are they really that incompetent?!

Chop, chop! Hissyfit

They are not incompetent, they are trying to make a whitewash plausible explanation in the face of the facts that the whole world knows. Its been a step by step process, slowly over the past few months/year trying to put into our minds the thoughts of other paedos who could have taken her with media reports etc. Now they seem to be starting on the final road to implementing their real goal now that the foundation has been set up

Ha, I know they are not incompetent, I was being Sarcastic! Well, they actually are incompetent, but only when it suits them.

It would have been better for the UK police to just not get involved, brush it under the carpet. If all this cost is for a whitewash, then it's certainly an elaborate plan, and if true, exposes the level of corruption in the UK.

sonic72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese plus *UPDATE* CPS lawyers fly to Portugal

Post by Guest on 15.06.13 15:30

Don't we normally get a comment from a 'source', or spokesman or the McCanns in these articles saying they are very pleased blah blah. Not a word from anyone, I would have thought they would be delighted SY are taking over.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 15.06.13 15:34

candyfloss wrote:Don't we normally get a comment from a 'source', or spokesman or the McCanns in these articles saying they are very pleased blah blah.  Not a word from anyone, I would have thought they would be delighted SY are taking over.

Hi Candyfloss (I've switched to editor mode but it's not working)

I've posted something along your lines in the press overview topic
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia on 15.06.13 15:37

@sallypelt wrote:The Blacksmith Bureau

Saturday, 15 June 2013

Now we're talking…

"Under the plan, Yard detectives will seek the assistance of the Portuguese to carry out some inquiries on their behalf. British police do not have jurisdiction in Portugal but they have the right to investigate and prosecute any British suspects who might be linked to Madeleine’s disappearance."
As Goncalo Amaral has  said repeatedly, the original investigation was "incomplete". The Attorney-General's department in the archiving summary detailed the ways in which it was incomplete. The common factor was that  the British persons of interest  were beyond reach. If the review, which we remind readers is a joint review, had led to the re-opening of the case in  Portugal then the authorities there would be faced with exactly the same problem that they had then: no way of forcing those people back and  insufficient evidence to seek European arrest warrants. That will not be the case if the Yard take over the inquiry. The only "persons of interest" to the investigation are the holiday group: the others are now dead.
Forget the forthcoming rumours  that the Portuguese will be upset by the decision – that is a Scotland Yard steer and untrue. The fact is that the two countries have finally found a way to cut the Gordian knot. Everyone who wants the truth to come out, such as the parents of the child and their supporters, will welcome the news. Hooray!

Thank you clapping

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.06.13 15:43

@aquila wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Don't we normally get a comment from a 'source', or spokesman or the McCanns in these articles saying they are very pleased blah blah.  Not a word from anyone, I would have thought they would be delighted SY are taking over.

Does the yellow box disappear when you click on the end box aquila? There should be no yellow box when you switch modes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.06.13 15:54

I sincerely hope that the "persons of interest" are not jumping on a plane for an extended holiday in - say - Argentina ... SY taking lead in a full investigation only works, if the persons of interest remain on British soil.

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 15.06.13 15:56

@PeterMac wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
The McCanns’ spokesman Clarence Mitchell said they and their friends would do everything to assist attempts to discover what happened to Madeleine.

"To assist ATTEMPTS". Something desperate about that statement IMO
It is obviously a mis-print,
They meant to say "Resist attempts"

I still can't figure out how to think out of the box , but this is lj:

the clue 

We are in regular contact with Kate and Gerry McCann and they are kept fully updated on the progress of our work.

says enough.

What a joke

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 15.06.13 15:59

candyfloss wrote:
@aquila wrote:

Does the yellow box disappear when you click on the end box aquila?  There should be no yellow box when you switch modes.

It does now thanks.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.06.13 16:00

still can't figure out how to think out of the box , but this is lj:

the clue 

We are in regular contact with Kate and Gerry McCann and they are kept fully updated on the progress of our work.

says enough.

What a joke[/quote]
[/quote]
A white lie instead of a whitewash?
If I were a detective, I would try and make each and everyone I suspect to feel "safe" ...

ETA
Hm ... I thought I'd meanwhile worked out how the "box" works, but this time failed miserably.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.06.13 16:09

When you lull people into a false sense of security they may be more likely to make mistakes.

Also speaking in general terms when Police have people they may view as suspects they may encourage the media to interview them, gives them more info they can compare against other interviews, also if the interviewers lull a potential suspect into a false sense of security, e.g.. perhaps by making it clear they are sympathetic to them, suspects more likely to be off guard and slip up.

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 15.06.13 16:14

@tigger wrote:
@jd wrote:
@sonic72 wrote:I can't believe they still haven't solved this case, what do they do with their time?! Are they really that incompetent?!

Chop, chop! Hissyfit

They are not incompetent, they are trying to make a whitewash plausible explanation in the face of the facts that the whole world knows. Its been a step by step process, slowly over the past few months/year trying to put into our minds the thoughts of other paedos who could have taken her with media reports etc. Now they seem to be starting on the final road to implementing their real goal now that the foundation has been set up

That's what' I think, but I SO want to be wrong!!

Me too, I would love to be SO wrong and justice is served. I'm just being realistic from experience. I totally can see the positive thoughts that SY could mean the mccanns etc but history tells me from other cases this will never happen. If it does then I will be totally gobsmacked and feel very happy for everyone to say how wrong I was. My faith in SY would rise enormously and give me great hope for our future and that a corner has been turned which is going in the right direction....I do hope that this will be it

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 15.06.13 16:19

@sonic72 wrote:
@jd wrote:

Chop, chop! Hissyfit

Ha, I know they are not incompetent, I was being Sarcastic! Well, they actually are incompetent, but only  when it suits them.

It would have been better for the UK police to just not get involved, brush it under the carpet. If all this cost is for a whitewash, then it's certainly an elaborate plan, and if true, exposes the level of corruption in the UK.

Just had a thought......If this SY investigation starts, does anyone know if this 'could' mean that the Amaral v mccann trial cannot take place while there is an ongoing live police investigation? I'm not sure the legalities of this possible situation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.06.13 16:34

I too have a bad feeling, the same one when there's a rumor of a sighting when you know it isn't but would love to be wrong.

IMO all SY ever had to do was speak to T7 and families and lean ever so gently. It wouldn't take months and months of digging and might have saved the taxpayer £5M.

I can see the case and fund being wound down and then in time the Movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 15.06.13 16:39

@jd wrote:
@sonic72 wrote:
@jd wrote:

Chop, chop! Hissyfit

Ha, I know they are not incompetent, I was being Sarcastic! Well, they actually are incompetent, but only  when it suits them.

Just had a thought......If this SY investigation starts, does anyone know if this 'could' mean that the Amaral v mccann trial cannot take place while there is an ongoing live police investigation? I'm not sure the legalities of this possible situation
I wondered that, but if the Amaral/McCann case is not a criminal case but one of private litigation, does that make a difference. The Met/PJ case would be 'criminal' not 'civil'.

The only other thought I've had is, 'if the Met investigation finally gets the McCs to court, will the McCs try and argue that they won't get a fair trial in the UK because the press and public have made so much comment.
We were looking to the Portuguese judiciary to bring the case because it was an incident happening on Portuguese soil.....the argument being used that, if the case was heard in Portugal, it's a judge there who judges and it does not involve a jury, (opinions possibly swayed by reporting?) as it does in UK.
I'm not too clear if what I have said makes sense..... It's been a long humid day, huge thunderstorm imminent...time for a cuppa tetl*ys, I think, to refresh the parts that no other T can reach.spin

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.06.13 16:43

Could TM argue they wouldn't get a fair trial due to publicity if they have openly courted publicity themselves, appearances with Lorraine, publicity over book, accepting position as ambassador with MP etc.,

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 15.06.13 16:47

@jd wrote:Just had a thought......If this SY investigation starts, does anyone know if this 'could' mean that the Amaral v McCann trial cannot take place while there is an ongoing live police investigation? I'm not sure the legalities of this possible situation
First point, the trial in Portugal would be conducted under Portuguese legislation.

It is true that the McCanns first brought their libel claim against Dr Goncal Amaral in June 2009, almost a year after the investigation was archived, which meant that there was then no live investigation.

If, therefore, the Scotland Yard review becomes a 'full-blown' re-investigation (and any police officer will tell you that the two things are very very different), it would be the first time during this now 4-year-long libel trial that it would be running alongside a live investigation.

I certainly think it is possible that either side could successfully ask a judge for an adjournment 'to await the outcome of the criminal investigation'.

I am inclined to think that both sides would probably welcome that; they both seem to be heartily weary and sick of the whole bogged-down proceedings.

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 15.06.13 16:51

@sonic72 wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:Can anyone tell me how to reply outside the quote box perimeter?

This new format is not user

Just Switch to 'Editor Mode'

Editor Mode is the 4th icon to the right of the smiley face.

thumbsup

I sometimes have to click on it twice to get it to work.
Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 15.06.13 16:58

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@jd wrote:Just had a thought......If this SY investigation starts, does anyone know if this 'could' mean that the Amaral v McCann trial cannot take place while there is an ongoing live police investigation? I'm not sure the legalities of this possible situation
First point, the trial in Portugal would be conducted under Portuguese legislation.

It is true that the McCanns first brought their libel claim against Dr Goncal Amaral in June 2009, almost a year after the investigation was archived, which meant that there was then no live investigation.

If, therefore, the Scotland Yard review becomes a 'full-blown' re-investigation (and any police officer will tell you that the two things are very very different), it would be the first time during this now 4-year-long libel trial that it would be running alongside a live investigation.

I certainly think it is possible that either side could successfully ask a judge for an adjournment 'to await the outcome of the criminal investigation'.

I am inclined to think that both sides would probably welcome that; they both seem to be heartily weary and sick of the whole bogged-down proceedings.

For me, most things are done for a reason to suits someones agenda and that timing is everything. I wonder if the mccanns would be able to ask for an adjournment? We saw their tactics in January when the case was adjourned, now just before a final decision on the trial has to be made, we have this starting. I would have thought that GA would want to the trial to begin and not be waiting for god knows how long for a SY investigation to conclude. He has the upper hand & a broken man with nothing to lose anymore except his pride, and the mccanns know it. I guess we will all be finding soon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 15.06.13 17:02

The Mail comments section is effectively closed, with only the first 19, mostly from the Southern Hemisphere printed.

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 15.06.13 17:07

I'm still feeling very positive about this. It's now an active criminal investigation. It's not about the McCanns. It's about Madeleine. I just have a feeling there will be arrests in the not too distant future. Some might say it's optimistic to think this way (and I'm an old cynic so I'd normally be in that mode) but I believe the truth is about to come out. I believe the truth is already known and a way to proceed has been agreed. It's just a matter of timing now.

all in my opinion

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by appleblossom on 15.06.13 17:08

The dogs! They are the only thing that give me hope in this whole debacle of an investigation. SY can't possibly undermine or play down the findings of Eddie and Keela. They do and the findings of those two dogs can never be used to secure a conviction in Court with any sort of credibility, ever again! 
They can't possibly do that or can they?

appleblossom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.06.13 17:12

@aquila wrote:I'm still feeling very positive about this. It's now an active criminal investigation. It's not about the McCanns. It's about Madeleine. I just have a feeling there will be arrests in the not too distant future. Some might say it's optimistic to think this way (and I'm an old cynic so I'd normally be in that mode) but I believe the truth is about to come out. I believe the truth is already known and a way to proceed has been agreed. It's just a matter of timing now.

all in my opinion

Well they have got what they wanted in effect - the case has been re-opened albeit by the British not the Portuguese, so they should be delighted.

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 15.06.13 17:20

@aquila wrote:I'm still feeling very positive about this. It's now an active criminal investigation. It's not about the McCanns. It's about Madeleine. I just have a feeling there will be arrests in the not too distant future. Some might say it's optimistic to think this way (and I'm an old cynic so I'd normally be in that mode) but I believe the truth is about to come out. I believe the truth is already known and a way to proceed has been agreed. It's just a matter of timing now.

all in my opinion

I so hope you are right aquila pray2

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 15.06.13 17:22

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:Daily Mail:

But Met detectives insist their leads could, if properly investigated, result in new evidence and perhaps the case being solved.

Wow! What an absolutely sensational breakthrough! This most definitely means that another £5 million, or many times more than that, should be spent by the Metropolitan Police taxpayer.
Quite right Tony, I could win Euromillions if bought tickets, doesn't mean its likely though thumbup

REPLY: But...perhaps...you might?  Is it worth a try?
May try next Friday Tony thumbup

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum