The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

maddie alert - trading on the name or just tasteless?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

maddie alert - trading on the name or just tasteless?

Post by Miraflores on 14.06.13 11:00

http://maddiealert.com/index.php/about

Gerry and Kate know about this apparently.
Miraflores

Back to top Go down

Re: maddie alert - trading on the name or just tasteless?

Post by Angelique on 14.06.13 11:07

Very strange that something like this should surface. Also that the "inventor" was in PdL shortly after....................

Well what to think?

"David and his family were in Portugal shortly after the little girl Madeleine Mc Cann was abducted, the abduction of Madeleine had a particular long lasting impact on David and he has never once gave up hope on the safe return for Madeleine. Madeleine's parents Kate and Jerry have been kept informed of MADDIE Alert and are happy that positive things are happening and been developed in light of everything that has happened to their child. "

K and G fully supportive eh! More like it's their err, ummmm their invention/in partnership perhaps?

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 14.06.13 11:23

“I diligently locked the patio door and windows before I went to bed, the next morning when I was passing my kids room all I could see was the patio door curtains blowing inwards, immediately my heart stopped and a feeling of terror and panic descended over me, for that split second, I thought my children where gone, thankfully the intruder only took my material possessions and not my children”.

Almost the exact McCann script - the original version, where the doors were locked and the shutters jemmied. Oh but in this case possessions were taken, unlike the McCanns where nothing of value was taken.

Do Kate and Jerry (sic) endorse this, or will we see some Carter-Ruck action?
Miraflores

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 14.06.13 11:32

Absolutely BRILLIANT ! ! !

It locks the patio door from the INSIDE.
Which the McCanns could have done anyway.
It is completely useless for securing a door that you have just used to exit.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.06.13 11:35

This sounds like a wind up.

I can't imagine that the McCanns would let anyone else cash in on their daughter.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 14.06.13 11:39

It is actually not much different form a number of commercially available alarms, with a bit of velcro attached.
The inventor clearly did not have access to the internet.

Put in "portable intruder alarms"

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.06.13 11:43

OMG how many are there now trading on Maddie's name, It's not about a missing child anymore to some, it's a way of making £££££££££.  I hope she haunts them all

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 14.06.13 11:47

This is a bit of a giveaway: ' ... next morning when I was passing my kids room all I could see was the patio door curtains blowing inwards, immediately my heart stopped and a feeling of terror and panic descended over me..unquote

So there was a gale blowing or at least a strong breeze and there were also other windows/doors open in order to create the draught?'

Brilliant spin though, so can't be Clarrie's work. spin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.06.13 12:11

This appears on the surface to be a complete wind-up but David Dempsey has appeared on Irish radio programmes - this is a link to one of them: http://media.newstalk.ie/podcast/72633/?uniqueID=2680678 - to promote his wonderful idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by DIBarlow on 14.06.13 12:24

Cherry Blossom wrote:OMG how many are there now trading on Maddie's name, It's not about a missing child anymore to some, it's a way of making £££££££££.  I hope she haunts them all

This is the McCann parents who have steadfastly ridiculed any article that even comes close to suggesting that they called their daughter Madeleine by a shortened version of her name.

If this is not a wind-up then they have once more revealed themselves to be consummate liars.

They are in a lose-lose situation.

DIBarlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.06.13 12:36

DIBarlow wrote:
Cherry Blossom wrote:OMG how many are there now trading on Maddie's name, It's not about a missing child anymore to some, it's a way of making £££££££££.  I hope she haunts them all

This is the McCann parents who have steadfastly ridiculed any article that even comes close to suggesting that they called their daughter Madeleine by a shortened version of her name.

If this is not a wind-up then they have once more revealed themselves to be consummate liars.

They are in a lose-lose situation.

Agree, consummate liars they are, little by little they are digging the hole deeper

Back to top Go down

Post by DIBarlow on 14.06.13 12:51

Why on earth has it taken a month or so for this to hit the worldwide web?

Has there been a super-injunction in place? laughat

DIBarlow

Back to top Go down

Is it a company? Is it ??? Irish Independent!

Post by tigger on 14.06.13 13:14

My Big Idea: Holiday burglary got my alarm bells ringing for family protection

Mechanical engineer David Dempsey (42), gave up his job last year to design a portable lock and alarm system after he was burgled. He has already sold 1,000 units of MADDIE Alert

09 MAY 2013

'AFTER an intruder entered my children's room through a locked patio door while on holidays 15 months ago, I decided there and then this would never happen to me again.

My product MADDIE Alert – which stands for Make A Difference, Deter Intruder Entry – is the first of its kind in the world.

I packed in my job and spent over 3,000 hours designing and building a device that locks and alarms windows and doors without the need for tools. I'm a mechanical engineer and used to do a lot of work with the construction industry during the boom.

I was also in Portugal shortly after the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and helped with the search for her. Kate McCann has said that in spite of everything it is good to see positive things been developed that can help stop what happened to them.

MADDIE Alert was launched three weeks ago and costs €34.99. I have already sold 1,000 units via my website and have just teamed up with distributors TNS, who also distribute Beats head phones. I had the product mass produced in China. So far 7,000 have been made. I have funded it all through loans from friends – as they say in Wexford, 'I've bet the farm'. It has cost nearly €100,000 to get the first shipment to Ireland.

I had originally intended to market it to frequent travellers who need a transportable security system, but have been pleasantly surprised with demand from Irish customers looking to secure their homes.

Only 18pc of Irish and British homes have any sort of home security system – because the current offerings are just too expensive.

The patent process has been a challenge. The locking element of the product is patent pending in Ireland, which costs relatively little to achieve – around €2,000 – and this gives it worldwide intellectual property protection for a year.

Once this expires I will have to apply for a patent in each individual country I want it protected in, an expensive and time-consuming task.

But the biggest challenge has been getting the product into retail outlets. Sixty percent of my customers ask where they can buy it in person, as they do not like shopping online. My dream is to see it in retail stores likeDunnes Stores, Tesco and Mother Care.

My next big step is going international – first the UK and then the US."

Irish Independent

There is no emoticon for a fishy smell......  

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 14.06.13 13:33

According to the Wexford Echo it was Spain not Portugal

http://www.wexfordecho.ie/2013/04/02/huge-interest-in-gorey-mans-security-device/

Incidentally, I bought alarms for my patio doors in Greece for 2 euros each (I think it was from Lidl).
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.06.13 13:37

The article says that he actually helped in the search for Madeleine as he was in Spain at the time of her disappearance!

I'm having a Monty Python STOP THIS IS GETTING SILLY moment!

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 14.06.13 13:46

It is truly silly.  It is an alarm for when you are INSIDE the house.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 14.06.13 13:55

PeterMac wrote:It is truly silly.  It is an alarm for when you are INSIDE the house.

Tigger:
- said PeterMac. Now I am having trouble posting.  Trapped in the quote box!!!  I've got a Mac.prisoner

David James Dempsey, gave up job last year, took 3000 hours to design this blessed thing? Only thought of it five years later? 

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 14.06.13 13:58

I'm having problems posting too.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 14.06.13 14:27

Why doesn't he just put it on Kate's "T shirts, high quality plastic wrist bands, holiday traveller packs, junk and other memorabilia site", to get it marketed to a world wide market.
Fortunately the acronym M.A.D.D.I.E will be readily associated with the McCanns and might even help to publicise their own ends at the same time.spin

bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 14.06.13 14:47

PeterMac wrote:It is truly silly.  It is an alarm for when you are INSIDE the house.

- said PeterMac (sorry I can only post in the quote box until problem is fixed)

It's an alarm for when you are inside the house - precisely PeterMac. I bought them because the patio doors of my bedrooms were downstairs and away from the living areas of the house. After a couple of burglaries I decided to put these cheap (2 euro) devices on them so at least I'd be alerted to a break-in. I was scared of being in the house when burgled. Other than that they had no purpose.
aquila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.06.13 14:54

3,000 hours in a year? The poor guy has been working 24/7 ...

BTW I have a burglar-alarm too. Cost me approx € 1. A piece of cord and a little bell above the door, which tinkles every time the door is opened and hits it. Very effective Mr

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 14.06.13 15:01

Châtelaine wrote:3,000 hours in a year? The poor guy has been working 24/7 ...

BTW I have a burglar-alarm too. Cost me approx € 1. A piece of cord and a little bell above the door, which tinkles every time the door is opened and hits it. Very effective Mr

I could have done with your 1 euro bells on my olive trees. I went out for the day and when I returned someone had stripped my trees. nah
aquila

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum